How do i " Brake up " with a friend

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joewell911

Ok theres this kid and he's not mean or anything just really annoying. I'm the smarty, nerdy type guy and he's the fart joke immature kind of guy. So i want to tell him i don't like him with out being a jerk. How do i do this?

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By selinaky

Are you sure you want to dismiss a friend (even if he's kinda annoying)?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Don't do it!!! I am a smart nerdy type, and when I was a kid I met a fart joke type. We hung out, then we couldn't stand each other, then we hung out...eventually we became the best of friends because we realized we could learn from each other. She taught me how to relax and be more down to earth, and I taught her things like spelling, maths, and the importance of learning. Opposites can attract. If there is some other reason you don't want this boy as a friend then by all means, let him go. But if it's just that you are different...different is good. Different makes things interesting :)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

Well, you could start by showing him your spelling and grammar skills.

Second, how old are you?

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By Dracade102

Strongly disagree with something he won't change his mind about and try putting some distance between him or something...

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By jobiwankenobi

I'd say don't tell him. The best way would be to just treat him like another guy. Don't go out of your way to hang out with him, but don't just flat out ignore him. If he does something obnoxious just ignore it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8e5ba0bd201
deactivated-5a8e5ba0bd201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be yourself, if yourself is someone who doesn't like people like him, he'll get the message and not want to be your friend, if it makes you look like a jerk well you technically are one (as long as you're being yourself). So really you should be deciding if who you are is a jerk or not.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joewell911

@Monika said:

Be yourself, if yourself is someone who doesn't like people like him, he'll get the message and not want to be your friend, if it makes you look like a jerk well you technically are one (as long as you're being yourself). So really you should be deciding if who you are is a jerk or not.

no it not that i don't like all people like that, i was like that to. but A: i was never really friends with him, i never really talked to him he just started to hang out with me and i find him annoying.

I'm dont want to be mean, i really don't.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By YoungJustice

Just pay him off. Worked for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8e5ba0bd201
deactivated-5a8e5ba0bd201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@Monika said:

no it not that i don't like all people like that, i was like that to. but A: i was never really friends with him, i never really talked to him he just started to hang out with me and i find him annoying.

I'm dont want to be mean, i really don't.

I had someone like that when I was back in high school, I know what you mean...but I just decided to be myself and eventually I think they grew tired of me because myself wasn't someone who hung out in their social circle and we drifted apart. Years later though I regretted not choosing to be someone who would hang out with them because they were the closest thing to a real friend I had back then and I didn't notice because we were too different.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By moywar700

To break up with a friend, just stop hanging out with him.Don't stop hanging out with him completely, slowly spent less time with him.Then just stop hanging out with him altogether.Oh yea if you have a facebook, make sure you make yourself private.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

@KnightRise said:

Second, how old are you?

Best post in this thread.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

BUT THOSE ARE THE BEST KINDS OF FRIENDS.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Xanni15

I understand what you're saying, it can be difficult to relate and hang out with someone who is unlike yourself. This kid's immaturity and behavior might be having an adverse effect on your education. Just be honest, he might tease you or bully you about it.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TERMINATORXX

If you truly don't like him and don't wanna be rude to him just tell him nicely.

Just say " Hey, I'm not being rude or disrespectful or anything, but you're annoying me. Could you Please not speak to me anymore? I would appreciate it. " and that should work. He might be an a***le about it, but let him... Theirs always gonna be someone who doesnt like us... Its life... He should know that.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By YoungJustice

@KnightRise said:

Thats cold man.............

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By SoA

@YoungJustice said:

@KnightRise said:

lol!!!

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By agent9149

Tolerate him, unless he's stalking you and following you everywhere, just bee cordial. You might never know what good an aquaintence might bring him, also you'll be doing yourself the favor by being the bigger person. If you can't interact with people you find annoying now, then you'll have a hard time later

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KnightRise

@SoA said:

@YoungJustice said:

@KnightRise said:

lol!!!

ComicVine doesn't know about other the life I (didn't) used to have...there was a time when I embraced the darkness...I was the enemy...I was a troll's apprentice. Never fake opinions or flaming, they were beneath my skill, but exploitation. Ohhhh, the exploitation! I fed on the poor linguists, the unarticulate, and the weak minded. I picked them a part. I've resisted the urges, I've grown, I've found the Vine, and its rules. But the hunger aches....it will not defeat me. Not again. Not yet. "The Knight is still young..."

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@KnightRise said:

@SoA said:

@YoungJustice said:

@KnightRise said:

lol!!!

ComicVine doesn't know about other the life I (didn't) used to have...there was a time when I embraced the darkness...I was the enemy...I was a troll's apprentice. Never fake opinions or flaming, they were beneath my skill, but exploitation. Ohhhh, the exploitation! I fed on the poor linguists, the unarticulate, and the weak minded. I picked them a part. I've resisted the urges, I've grown, I've found the Vine, and its rules. But the hunger aches....it will not defeat me. Not again. Not yet. "The Knight is still young..."

You get a follow, lmao.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By minigunman123

@KnightRise said:

@SoA said:

@YoungJustice said:

@KnightRise said:

lol!!!

Oh please. I learned from master trolls and people here can't even tell when I'm trolling.

See? I just trolled you. I'm not a troll at all.

Or am I?

Fart.

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Tell him his a Jerk in a Jerky kind of way that way he'll think that you're joking and then he'll think about it and change and be a better dude...

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RoboShark

I once did this and honestly I regret it. Told a girl I didn't want to be friends with her anymore. lol So to this day when I see her it's weird.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marry his mother. After the other loose women, binge drinking, the divorce, saying "you know, I never loved your mother" and taking his family for everything they're worth, he'll show a bit of maturity.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#25  Edited By TheCannon

Just come out and say it.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnightRise said:

@SoA said:

@YoungJustice said:

@KnightRise said:

lol!!!

lmao

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JohnnyGat

Avoid him casually. Make excuses why you can't hang out.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Friends are like Pokemon....collect as many as possible, because you never know which ones you're going to need at certain times

This annoying, but friendly person will be necessary some time in your life, along with his gaseous tales

Put up with him, bring him around when necessary, "Have plans" when you've had your fill

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Most people don't break up with friends verbally. They let silence + time do that for them..........stick with the crowd on this one