Analyzing Deadpool's Style

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadcool_XD

Hey guys, deadcool_XD here and today I would like to explain to my fellow CV users just how deadpool works. This explains exactly why some like and or dislike him. Though it pains me, in this forum I will try my best not to super glorify deadpool to get you to understand his different aspects. So, lets start with one example, which audience is deadpool directed at? Well, many who love deadpool and dislike him have come to the conclusion that his humor is childish and often random. Only half of this is true. Though deadpool may seem childish, due to his violence, deadpool comics are not directed at children. They are more focused towards teens and young adults. You may like him and be older, but it is still targeted at this audience. His humor can vary, but mainly stays in the category of stupid humor. So, what is stupid humor? Stupid humor is the use of rather random statements in order to create an idea usually not thought of by a regular person. For example-

No Caption Provided

See how this is not a thought that typically comes to mind when you think of fighting vampires. When fighting a vampire one may think of a stake or garlic, but not a rabid hamster gun...This is also why some deathstroke fans dislike deadpool. The weapons deathstroke uses are very tactical and are precise for the task at hand, whereas deadpool uses the funniest and most random weapon he can find to attack. Deadpool also has the ability to break the 4th wall or to speak to the viewer and make references out side of the comic multiverse. This often leads him to make political references. In contrast to political jokes made on shows like south park, when deadpool uses references from our world they still maintain stupid humor. This allows him to relate to the same targeted audience while still keeping the sense of humor that they appreciate. An example of this would be-

No Caption Provided

See how this relates to the World of Warcraft character. Deadpool makes a reference to the real world while still maintaining stupid humor. I have to say one of the biggest factors when reading deadpool comics is when you start reading them. This is crucial. If you start reading the comic from the very begging of his first appearance the comic will be much better as their is more of a gradual transition from seriousness to humor. It also allows the reader to understand that deadpool deals with a lot of pain and can be quite brutal in many moments. Though less effective, if one cannot obtain these issue I would suggest starting off with deadpool kills the marvel universe as it evokes similar reactions. The biggest misconception of deadpool which I really can't blame some readers for thinking is that he is only humor. There are many many examples of him giving off similar vibes as deathstroke. The problem is many comic readers pick up a random issue of deadpool, hate it and don't read further because they don't know enough about him to appreciate his comics. There is also sentiment to be felt as he has lost his looks to lung cancer-

No Caption Provided

You can read more about lung cancer brought to you by deadpool on this forum-http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/lung-cancer-awareness-brought-to-you-by-deadpool-1618019/. I think another major role deadpool plays in interacting with readers is the violence. There have been few if no characters that are as violent as deadpool. The massive amount of action makes the comics fun and exciting. The best part about that is though deadpool may be violent and gory at many moments, because the art is not drawn to be very realistic and is slightly cartoony it usually does not gross out the reader. Take a look at this seen for example-

No Caption Provided

Lastly, deadpool being married to Shiklah presents some hilarious romantic comedy. Shiklah loves deadpool's humor and plays into it making scenes with her fun to watch as a reader. On top of that, they are an exciting couple that has some very romantic yet humorous moments such as-

No Caption Provided

Well, that's the end of this forum guys, galls, and thor fanboys. Hope you all enjoyed. Post your comments bellow, I plan on analyzing why some people like these characters in future forums. Hope the rest of your day is deadcool!

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

10/10 post would read again. Good Job.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haha, good analysis

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Now that was awesome. (claps)

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thx guys, it's my duty to make up for those god awful _or no _ threads by making quality posts!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's reenacting the actions of a World of Warcraft player, not a character.

Sorry, I just had to be that guy.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Hayden86

Great post ! Which writer(s) do you think have exposed Wade to a larger audience?

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86:

Thx hayden! I'll list some of the writers. I can't decide an order, but first up Fabian Nicieza. He first wrote deadpool and with his writing mixed with Rob Liefeld's art they brought the character to life. I feel like Victor Gischler who wrote deadpool merc with a mouth played a major role in introducing the character to viewers. There are many writers who have played major roles in showing deadpool to fans, but in terms of really introducing the characters I think these two writers did an amazing job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't feel like reading all of that because I'm lazy, but I will say this: I can understand the appeal of Deadpool, but I personally find him obnoxious.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan:

Lol, after saying that i'm sure your not a fan of damian wayne or daken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: I hate Damian Wayne. I've never read any comics with Daken, though.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan:

Don't read daken comics all that will happen is your money goes down the drain hoping the next issue will be better even though you know it won't!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: you definitely are not putting the cart before the horse. Good list. I really jumped on DP when Victor was writing. I wanted a easy read / fun waste of time. What i got was truly more.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86:

thx! Nice to know that my forum has met the hayden requirements!

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86:

tell me if i'm wrong, but is it just me or does Shiklah's face look really weird in the first half of the image I posted?

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: it does. She looks all chubby bunny in the face. The sharp high cheeks...

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deadcool_XD

@hayden86:

totally compare that to her face in the second slide-

No Caption Provided

srry bout the low quality

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: hmm i guess her face makeup really makes her face less...wrong.

I just looked over 2 issues in Dracs Gauntlet and wow big diff. What artist did the two in the posted slides? Hawthorne?

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86:

im pretty sure it was part of Dracula's gauntlet. Only in that seen does the face look jacked up.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great post! I've been a Deadpool fan for ages, and one of the appealing aspects for me is just how unpredictable Wade can be. You never honestly know what he'll do next.

Now I'm off to the store to buy me a rabid-hamster gun!

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers