How are you able to believe anything said on TV?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Like really...this thought came to me only moments ago after seeing a few commercials and then going back and thinking about how people talk about this and that on TV weither on the news, or commercial, or history, or whatever channel that gives information or whatever trying to sell something. Its like....how can you believe something, when one channel says one thing but a completely different channel says another thing that says what was said before is wrong and that is right only for it have to go the same way again? How can anyone believe what is said on TV anymore?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

Subliminal alien messages.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Subliminal alien messages.

And disinformation.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TERMINATORXX

You can't

People advertise stuff on tv all the time and brag about how good it is, just to get money when the items they sell aint worth a damn. Not to mention the whole december 21st 2012 talk.... people have to remember its the people in the middle east that think the worlds gonna end and its the americans that are trying to convince everyone it is not going to end and watch it will be 2013 and well still be here..............its the mian calendar thats going to end.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't care enough to question it..that's how.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

I never believe anything completely

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#7  Edited By Deadcool

@Wolfrazer: Hopefully, I don't watch TV... At the end people believe what they want to believe, there is not an answer for everything, at the end we are men dreaming we are butterflies.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
@TERMINATORXX said:

You can't

People advertise stuff on tv all the time and brag about how good it is, just to get money when the items they sell aint worth a damn. Not to mention the whole december 21st 2012 talk.... people have to remember its the people in the middle east that think the worlds gonna end and its the americans that are trying to convince everyone it is not going to end and watch it will be 2013 and well still be here..............its the mian calendar thats going to end.

But... the Mayans weren't in the middle east. Besides, it's common logic the number of leap years debunked that common bit of knowledge.
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

You can't

But... the Mayans weren't in the middle east. Besides, it's common logic the number of leap years debunked that common bit of knowledge.

Right and I was saying the Mayan calendar is going to end.... People thought the world was going to end back in 2000 and its 2012 and were still here and theirs different sides of the story...Theirs a rumor a comet is about to hit the earth... Well with the explosive weapons we have, we can easily send Nuclear weapons up there and blow that comet up.......

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pokeysteve

......are you saying The Hills wan't real O_O

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By moywar700

T.V doesn't exist to entertain people, it's only here to sell to them.I really only watch adult swim or some cartoons on cartoon network.I don't believe everything it tells people though.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TERMINATORXX: No one thought the world was going to end in 2000. The Y2K scare was about systems resetting to zero. But it was a scam to sell toilet paper and Snickers. It's funny you mention Americans being the naysayers of prophecy because I hear predictions and what ifs coming out of American mouths every other week. Not online, but around the city. All it takes is one convincing theory to push the lemmings.
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

The only thing I watch on TV is a few of my stories, the history channel, and Shark Week.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@TERMINATORXX: It's the end of the largest measurement of time in the Mayan calendar. I remember hearing on NPR a while back they actually found a new room in a Mayan...temple(?) that shows their calender actually goes on much farther.

I don't want to touch on the sending nukes in to space bit.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@TERMINATORXX: @DoomDoomDoom:

I think the year was 2005 or something? Anywho... a large meteor came very close to clashing into our planet. Only after it passed away from us did we truly know how close we came to death.

You can't just "nuke" a meteor..... If it's in our gravitational pull already then those massive chunks are just going to spread out and probably inflict more damage. And that is if it's even possible to detonate a nuke in outer space....

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By jack16ichigo

Only things I tend to really believe on TV are documentaries,I've been very sceptical about everything else especially the news its the most depressing thing ever >_< and weather is almost always wrong(although British weather is proper dodgy ).......people are always biased this I think apples to TV too but mostly I don't care enough for it to really bother me.....

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Those types of "close calls" are a lot more common than you would expect, there was one in June of this year. Hydrogen bombs have been tested in space I believe. (Edit) July 1962, the US did detonate a Hydrogen bomb in space.

I think @TERMINATORXX: is referring to the asteroid DA14, which isn't going to hit us either.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@TERMINATORXX: @DoomDoomDoom:

I think the year was 2005 or something? Anywho... a large meteor came very close to clashing into our planet. Only after it passed away from us did we truly know how close we came to death.

You can't just "nuke" a meteor..... If it's in our gravitational pull already then those massive chunks are just going to spread out and probably inflict more damage. And that is if it's even possible to detonate a nuke in outer space....

A nuke will detonate in space, although there won't be a mushroom cloud. Multiple nukes could fragment a meteor or comet, but at their velocity it probably isn't a good idea.
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@jack16ichigo: Yeah.. I know what you're saying. I get all my news from the web and even then I scratch my head.

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Those types of "close calls" are a lot more common than you would expect, there was one in June of this year. Hydrogen bombs have been tested in space I believe. (Edit) July 1962, the US did detonate a Hydrogen bomb in space.

Man. That's so damn crazy.. I wonder if an atom bomb would be able to detonate in outer space. The fact that "they" don't tell us about these close calls until after they pass, scare the hell out of me.

@sesquipedalophobe said:

A nuke will detonate in space, although there won't be a mushroom cloud. Multiple nukes could fragment a meteor or comet, but at their velocity it probably isn't a good idea.

Why not? What would happen? Would it be as powerful in space going against a comet or meteor?

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Well, it doesn't really matter if it's in space. The blast would have the same effect as it would in our atmosphere. A 20 kilometer comet could take the full force of our entire arsenal, but it wouldn't do enough damage to slow it and/or change its course. Frankly, the safest bet is the Tesla Deathray. 
This would make a good battle topic: Angst-Ridden Nikola Tesla vs. Angry Comet.