• 83 results
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

The Republican-led House on Wednesday passed a controversial abortion bill that codifies restrictions against federal funding for abortion services and could discourage private insurers from providing coverage for abortion.

The "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act" passed by a vote of 251 to 175. The vote was a signal that House Republicans are committed to satisfying their social conservative base, even as Congress continues weighty debates over the federal budget.

Rep. Scott Garrett called the measure a "commonsense bill" that would "do away with the patchwork ban" currently in place to restrict federal funding of abortions.

The legislation would impose a permanent bar on any federal spending for abortion care -- including tax credits for private plans that cover abortion. Republicans have argued that the bill would simply codify the government's commitment to the Hyde amendment, which bans federal funding of abortions. (Lawmakers need to renew the amendment each year.)

Democrats, however, call the bill an effective tax hike on insurance companies that choose to cover abortion. Most employer-provided private health insurance plans provide coverage for abortions.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) called it an "attack on private insurance companies and small businesses."

"If you truly believe in the freedom of the individual and the wisdom of the free market, vote no," she said.

Added Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.), "If Republicans want to overturn Roe v Wade, they should draft a bill and give it a shot. Don't use the tax code as a bludgeon when you don't have the votes."

Republicans today argued that the public is on their side, citing polls showing that most Americans prohibit the use of taxpayer dollars to pay for abortion.

"At a time when our nation is going broke, when we're borrowing 42 cents on the dollar...maybe those programs that have the least consensus and are the most divisive among us ought to be the first to lose their subsidies," said Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas).

Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) countered by arguing that if tax credits for abortion violate the Hyde rule, then tax credits and deductions for charitable organizations and churches would also violate the separation of church and state.

"You can't have it both ways," he said.

Democrats also said the bill infringes on the autonomy of the District of Columbia, since it would make permanent a provision to restrict abortion funding in the capital city which was recently passed as part of a short-term budget bill. That provision bars the District from from using its own local tax funds to provide abortion services.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20059846-503544.html
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DH69

does this mean more of those annoying bastards are gonna be running around now?!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad
@DH69 said:
"

does this mean more of those annoying bastards are gonna be running around now?!

"
Naaaaah... Voting and final action has not yet been done.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

That's messed up. 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Eh, it's not like it'll stop Abortions. More women will just be having "miscarriages".

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Expect a rise in back alley abortions.

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Aren't these the same people who, not too long ago, were bitching about the government having too much power over our lives?
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

p.s. Her body, her decision.
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Expect a rise in back alley abortions.

"
And a rise in youth suicide, deaths from dodgy doctors and much more...

sickens me 
Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iron_Turtle

In other news, sales of wire coat hangers have mysteriously risen.....

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator

I just love when fear and pandering takes precedence over education and awareness. Have any of you seen that Live Action video? The financial, as well as the health negative effects will be short term and long term, and for what? Sense of security? I don't view this so much as a political, government thing either. Ugh! Politics! I feel like I should censor that word... 

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By ragdollpurps

Asinine. 

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

This is interesting news.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By TheCerealKillz

I thought this was talking about the Tv show...

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Shadow_Thief

This matter will never be ultimately settled; it's far too useful as a political "hot-button issue." The same applies to immigration and gay marriage. Regardless of how any of us feel about these issues, the folks at the top of the power structure know they can toss them into the headlines and we'll get so caught up in fighting over the conflicting beliefs that they can get away with whatever they want.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#16  Edited By RazzaTazz

I think the presidential veto is one of the best concepts in the USA, because Obama will kill this is less time than it takes for him to order the assassination of terrorist leaders.  

It seems to me that the right in the USA has gotten to the point where they are appeasing their followers, but which they can never actually break through from that point.  No one is going to see them doing whacky stuff like this and then decide to vote for them.  
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad
@RazzaTazz said:
" I think the presidential veto is one of the best concepts in the USA, because Obama will kill this is less time than it takes for him to order the assassination of terrorist leaders.  

It seems to me that the right in the USA has gotten to the point where they are appeasing their followers, but which they can never actually break through from that point.  No one is going to see them doing whacky stuff like this and then decide to vote for them.  
"
But doesn't the Congress have the ability to override the Presidential Veto?
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#18  Edited By RazzaTazz
@ssejllenrad said:
" @RazzaTazz said:
" I think the presidential veto is one of the best concepts in the USA, because Obama will kill this is less time than it takes for him to order the assassination of terrorist leaders.  

"
But doesn't the Congress have the ability to override the Presidential Veto? "
I am not American, so I didnt get all those "how a bill becomes a law" videos in school but i think either the house or the senate must draft laws which then get ratified by the president.  It is not so much of a veto, just he decides whether or not he wants to sign off on it.  
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By thehummingbird

this made me a little sick....just the fact as pointed out the mask and cover they were using! grr...I can not read about this kind of stuff ever it gets me so mad. Yeah you are saving a "life" to destroy another's.....I mean Roe v Wade sums it all up...grrr...I just saw picketers for this too...I am leaving before I start a major rant...O_O

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@thehummingbird said:
" this made me a little sick....just the fact as pointed out the mask and cover they were using! grr...I can not read about this kind of stuff ever it gets me so mad. Yeah you are saving a "life" to destroy another's.....I mean Roe v Wade sums it all up...grrr...I just saw picketers for this too...I am leaving before I start a major rant...O_O "
Rant to me :D
Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, a woman has so many options for birth control that if she got herself pregnant by fooling around, she really has nobody else to blame but herself. If she doesn't want the kid, there's always adoption. There are many adoption centers a child can go to. No need to kill an innocent life.

@ViciousCesar!
said:

"

"

That never applies in court when the man is forced to pay for a child he never wanted. It's more like "well Sir, even though you absolutely opposed having a child with this woman and she went and had it anyway, we're still going to make you pay to raise it".
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Im against abortion with certain situations where it is justifiable. but I say for a compromise they should limit the number of abortions an individual can have a year to 1 maybe, since you shouldn't need more than that(Know people who have way more than that and basically use it like the morning after pill)

Honestly tired of people WILLINGLY having sex in this day and age and still managing to get pregnant, Really?!?! With ALL the forms of birth control and contraceptives there's no excuse and abortion should not even be necessary(with exception to rape, forced incest or to save the mother's life)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SC  Moderator
@EnSabahNurX said:
" Honestly tired of people WILLINGLY having sex in this day and age and still managing to get pregnant, Really?!?! With ALL the forms of birth control and contraceptives there's no excuse and abortion should not even be necessary"

Me too, I agree! The only problem or issue, is that many of the people who have sex and ignore the ways to prevent pregnancy, are poor, uneducated, and lack adequate awareness of ways to prevent pregnancy. Funnily enough, many of the staunchest "Pro Life" groups actually target, and criticize Family Planning centers whose aim and priorities beyond, abortion, who aims and focus are prevention, awareness and education for those poor, young, ignorant teens.

Now lets go back to their being no excuses. Either the ignorant, young, poor, uneducated girl has the baby? In which case there will be a strong likelihood that child unless put in foster care (and even then possibly depending on certain things) will end up...? Ignorant, young, poor, uneducated, generally. That includes on matters of procreation, and so what's probably going to happen again...? 

So I agree with you. I just myself, I don't want to overestimate people. I have a big extended family, all my cousins? All of them, bar 4? 4, one is 17 and the other 3 are under like 12 had children before the age of 20. lol Various reasons. Embarrassment, religious/family reasons. Lack of education on the topic. Their parents lacked education as well. Their children are probably going to continue the cycle unfortunately. 
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Prince CortSether said:
@ViciousCesar! said:

"

"
That never applies in court when the man is forced to pay for a child he never wanted. It's more like "well Sir, even though you absolutely opposed having a child with this woman and she went and had it anyway, we're still going to make you pay to raise it". "
Yup, because that'll happen considerably more often, if abortion isn't an option for people who aren't financially stable enough or in the right place in life to raise children. 

I knew you'd agree with me princey. =)
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Pointless bill in my opinion.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By ragdollpurps

Like I said, this is asinine. Everyone just remember that there is also the morning after pill, so if an accident happens, not all hope is lost. 

Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Full_Spectrum
@SC said:

" I just love when fear and pandering takes precedence over education and awareness. Have any of you seen that Live Action video? The financial, as well as the health negative effects will be short term and long term, and for what? Sense of security? I don't view this so much as a p@l!^!cal, government thing either. Ugh! P@$%#!cs! I feel like I should censor that word...  "

hey watch your language!! There, i censored it for you.

@RazzaTazz

said:

" @ssejllenrad said:

" @RazzaTazz said:
"
But doesn't the Congress have the ability to override the Presidential Veto? "
I am not American, so I didnt get all those "how a bill becomes a law" videos in school but i think either the house or the senate must draft laws which then get ratified by the president.  It is not so much of a veto, just he decides whether or not he wants to sign off on it.   "
actually, he can choose not to sign it, or there is an official veto stamp he can put on it. then the house and senate would need to override with 2/3 which will never happen. that's assuming it makes it through the senate, which it won't since dem's still hold the majority.

All in all, this is more a republican stunt than an attempt to actually change anything. The republicans in the house know it will never clear the senate or the white house. they just want to stir controversy and assure their constituency that they are against abortions.
HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HumanNumber

Hmm, i never wanted my taxes going to abortion but there isn't much chance of this actually clearing the senate.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By cody1984

@Prince CortSether said:
"

You know, a woman has so many options for birth control that if she got herself pregnant by fooling around, she really has nobody else to blame but herself. If she doesn't want the kid, there's always adoption. There are many adoption centers a child can go to.                     

"

This right here!  No one should have to pay for the girl getting knocked up there are dozens of charities that help women get aborations there are a lot of state and local government programs as well for this.  Honestly there is already a ton of ways a girl can get an aboration done and most of the U.S. according to the polls doesn't support aboration either.  It's an extremely sensitive issue in the U.S. and people who are against it for whatever reason shouldn't have to pay for others to have it when they are a lot of other major problems like infrastructure projects that have been neglected for decades and while not sexy as a political topic need to be addressed and would be a much wiser investment. 

deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HumanNumber said:

" Hmm, i never wanted my taxes going to abortion but there isn't much chance of this actually clearing the senate. "

You can pretend my money went towards funding those abortions. And we'll say yours went to funding unnecessary wars, 'bailing out' the corporate gluttons, and covering the taxes the top 1% don't want to pay. 

deal?
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cody1984
@ViciousCesar! said:
"

@HumanNumber said:
"

Hmm, i never wanted my taxes going to abortion but there isn't much chance of this actually clearing the senate.

"
You can pretend my money went towards funding those abortions. And we'll say yours went to funding unnecessary wars, 'bailing out' the corporate gluttons and covering the taxes the top 1% don't want to pay. 

deal?

"

Does that mean the lowest earners actually pay some tax money finally as well instead of getting it all back at the end of the year like they currently do?  People at work living pretty much for free in section 8 housing do annoy the hell out of me since they pay nothing have a few a dozen kids which the government pays them for and here I am having earned everything I have and them just getting things handed to them. 
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:

" @ViciousCesar! said:

"

@HumanNumber said:
"

"
You can pretend my money went towards funding those abortions. And we'll say yours went to funding unnecessary wars, 'bailing out' the corporate gluttons and covering the taxes the top 1% don't want to pay. 
deal?

"
Does that mean the lowest earners actually pay some tax money finally as well instead of getting it all back at the end of the year like they currently do?  People at work living pretty much for free in section 8 housing do annoy the hell out of me since they pay nothing have a few a dozen kids which the government pays them for and here I am having earned everything I have and them just getting things handed to them.  "
You seem upset. Are you in that top one percentile? 

P.S. if you think people who live on under the poverty level have an easy life, we should take a ride over to some of those neighborhoods and I'll let you tell them how 'easy' they have it. 
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cody1984
@ViciousCesar! said:
"

@cody1984 said:
"

@ViciousCesar! said:
"

@HumanNumber said:
"

"

deal?

"
Does that mean the lowest earners actually pay some tax money finally as well instead of getting it all back at the end of the year like they currently do?  People at work living pretty much for free in section 8 housing do annoy the hell out of me since they pay nothing have a few a dozen kids which the government pays them for and here I am having earned everything I have and them just getting things handed to them. 

"
You seem upset. Are you in that top one percentile? 

P.S. if you think people who live on under the poverty level have an easy life, we should take a ride over to some of those neighborhoods and I'll let you tell how 'easy' they have it. 

"

No I'm in the lower middle class and tired of people whinning about the poor considering more than a few them live better then me because of government programs giving them things on a silver plater while a lot of us earn everything we have then have peopl whine about the rich and complain we don't do enough for the poor. 

Also I've been to Iraq these people do have it easy in comparison. 

deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:

" No I'm in the lower middle class and tired of people whinning about the poor considering more than a few them live better then me because of government programs giving them things on a silver plater while a lot of us earn everything we have then have peopl whine about the rich and complain we don't do enough for the poor. 

"
So, let me make sure I'm understanding you 100%; The government doesn't give a sh*t about you, so in turn you feel that since you don't get sh*t, anyone who is 'below' you should be even more f*cked. Right? 

Wait, the poor people in one of the further most industrialized and advanced nations have it slightly 'better' than the poor people in a third world country. You don't say! 

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sylver
@Prince CortSether said:
" You know, a woman has so many options for birth control that if she got herself pregnant by fooling around, she really has nobody else to blame but herself. If she doesn't want the kid, there's always adoption. There are many adoption centers a child can go to. No need to kill an innocent life.

@ViciousCesar!
said:

"

"
That never applies in court when the man is forced to pay for a child he never wanted. It's more like "well Sir, even though you absolutely opposed having a child with this woman and she went and had it anyway, we're still going to make you pay to raise it". "
I agree here.  Life begins at conception, not birth.  People are always saying, "Oh, it's not a baby yet, it's just a fetus". Bullcrap, I say. Morally, I believe it is wrong to kill people, no matter what age.  Scientifically, it's proven that fetuses can feel physically and even emotionally from very early on, just like children that are born.
I don't hate people that get abortions, or those that support it, but I sincerely believe that something needs to be put through to try and make it illegal.  I believe that not only would it stop something wrong and heinous, but it might also make people who count on "getting rid of their mistakes" through abortions more accountable on how they handle themselves.
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cody1984
@ViciousCesar! said:

"

@cody1984

said:

" No I'm in the lower middle class and tired of people whinning about the poor considering more than a few them live better then me because of government programs giving them things on a silver plater while a lot of us earn everything we have then have peopl whine about the rich and complain we don't do enough for the poor. 

"
So, let me make sure I'm understanding you 100%; The government doesn't give a sh*t about you, so in turn you feel that since you don't get sh*t, anyone who is 'below' you should be even more f*cked. Right?
Wait, the poor people in one of the further most industrialized and advanced nations have it slightly better than the poor people in a third world country. You don't say! 

"

No I'm tired of people getting things handed to them for free without having to earn them payed for by me and other tax payers that is the whole point.  I also can't stand the continued whining about the poor when you have a ton of charities, local/state/federal programs designed to help them and more then a few of them can be easily abused, and the fact uncle sam will let you become government issue as long as you pass some basic requirements.  I might not like the fact some rich snob had his mommy and daddy hand him everything but I look at this way it wasn't me paying for it or other tax payers so I find whining about rich people to be about pointless because somewhere along the line someone did work to get themselves and/or there family to that level.  The fact that what I'm saying goes completely over your head and you understand 0% of what I said before doesn't surprise me.

I also love you little BS comment at the bottom as well.   Since the threat of taking me to "a hood" (which you probably never been to in your entire life) doesn't impress me you cut up where I've been.    

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By _Sojourn_

Because outlawing abortion will fix the economy...

It'll never pass the senate and the president would never sign it.. 
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sylver said:
" @Prince CortSether said:
" You know, a woman has so many options for birth control that if she got herself pregnant by fooling around, she really has nobody else to blame but herself. If she doesn't want the kid, there's always adoption. There are many adoption centers a child can go to. No need to kill an innocent life.

@ViciousCesar!
said:

"

"
I agree here.  Life begins at conception, not birth.  People are always saying, "Oh, it's not a baby yet, it's just a fetus". Bullcrap, I say. Morally, I believe it is wrong to kill people, no matter what age.  Scientifically, it's proven that fetuses can feel physically and even emotionally from very early on, just like children that are born.I don't hate people that get abortions, or those that support it, but I sincerely believe that something needs to be put through to try and make it illegal.  I believe that not only would it stop something wrong and heinous, but it might also make people who count on "getting rid of their mistakes" through abortions more accountable on how they handle themselves. "
With this strong of a conviction towards the preservation of life, I take it you are also a vegan, don't buy from corporations that perform vivisections, avoid clothing made in child labor sweatshops, have strong feelings against war, and also avoid the clothing made in exploitative factories where the women are forced to have abortions if they become pregnant. Or is it only convenient to say you care about 'life' when it helps back your religious right wing propaganda? 
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cody1984
@ViciousCesar! said:
"

@Sylver said:
"

@Prince CortSether said:
"

You know, a woman has so many options for birth control that if she got herself pregnant by fooling around, she really has nobody else to blame but herself. If she doesn't want the kid, there's always adoption. There are many adoption centers a child can go to. No need to kill an innocent life.

@ViciousCesar!
said:

"

"
That never applies in court when the man is forced to pay for a child he never wanted. It's more like "well Sir, even though you absolutely opposed having a child with this woman and she went and had it anyway, we're still going to make you pay to raise it".

"
I agree here.  Life begins at conception, not birth.  People are always saying, "Oh, it's not a baby yet, it's just a fetus". Bullcrap, I say. Morally, I believe it is wrong to kill people, no matter what age.  Scientifically, it's proven that fetuses can feel physically and even emotionally from very early on, just like children that are born.I don't hate people that get abortions, or those that support it, but I sincerely believe that something needs to be put through to try and make it illegal.  I believe that not only would it stop something wrong and heinous, but it might also make people who count on "getting rid of their mistakes" through abortions more accountable on how they handle themselves.

"
With this strong of a conviction towards the preservation of life, I take it you are also a vegan, don't buy from corporations that perform vivisections, avoid clothing made in child labor sweatshops, have strong feelings against war, and also avoid the clothing made in exploitative factories where the women are forced to have abortions if they become pregnant. Or is it only convenient to say you care about 'life' when it helps back your religious right wing propaganda? 

"

F*** that steak tastes to good. 

War can be justified not all wars are evil like what a lot of people seem to believe. 

Almost all clothing is now made in developing countries you don't buy that clothing it shuts down that business and can lead to a rise in prostitution and child prostitution because people won't have the money they do now the people working in those factories might even starve to death because they won't be able to afford food.  Industrializing is not a nice a process however things like clothing factors in poorer countries can help them develop, get worker rights legislation passed, and improve peoples standard of living.  It's not good or evil its just an ugly process.

Spouting propaganda left or right just proves people don't know what they are talking about. 

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sylver
@ViciousCesar:  Ouch, geez man, way to judge without knowing me.  I'm not a vegan (although I do avoid eating a lot of meat, but that's dietary...) b/c, although I am against animal cruelty, there are some animals that are meant to be eaten (not that we have to, but you can if you like). 
I don't like vivisection. Honestly, I think you can study animals just fine without slicing 'em while they're alive. That's nasty and wrong and it makes me cringe at how those poor animals are being cut open alive.
I usually try to buy clothes made in my country and those that pay and have fair working environments.  I don't support ones that use child labor sweatshops.
As for war, I believe that freedom must be protected, but I'm not necessarily in favor of fighting for other countries.  This current war...well, I don't think it's accomplishing much.  The Middle East has and always will be a very touchy area; if they're going to have a stable government, they're going to have to find the will to make it  themselves. But that's beside the point...
And as for the exploitative factories, as I said before, I try to buy from companies in countries where I know the working environments are fair.
So for your overall question, no, I am not just in favor of life when it helps back my supposed "religious right wing propaganda".  Life is precious, a gift that people never fail to undervalue, especially in the area of abortion.
And by the way, I'm not religious.  I dislike that term very much.  It usually labels a group of people-hating, prayer-memorizing, I'm-holier-than-thou zealots.  I'm not that.  I believe in a faith, and just because I do, doesn't mean that my opinion is biased or invalid.  People always assume that just because I'm Christian that all my decisions are thoughtless and I always go with the "far right" idea.  I think that's very rude and ignorant.
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:
"No I'm tired of people getting things handed to them for free without having to earn them payed for by me and other tax payers that is the whole point.  I also can't stand the continued whining about the poor when you have a ton of charities, local/state/federal programs designed to help them and more then a few of them can be easily abused, and the fact uncle sam will let you become government issue as long as you pass some basic requirements.  I might not like the fact some rich snob had his mommy and daddy hand him everything but I look at this way it wasn't me paying for it or other tax payers so I find whining about rich people to be about pointless because somewhere along the line someone did work to get themselves and/or there family to that level.  The fact that what I'm saying goes completely over your head and you understand 0% of what I said before doesn't surprise me.

I also love you little BS comment at the bottom as well.   Since the threat of taking me to "a hood" (which you probably never been to in your entire life) doesn't impress me you cut up where I've been. "

You're concerned about giving poor people +/-$12,000 a year to support a family. But you aren't even phased with giving the people, who make billions off of our backs, tax cuts because they want to kick down another million or two from their billion dollar yearly income. Kind of silly if you really think about it. And....No, I understood you quite well. Hence the reason I was able to articulate exactly what you were trying to say without the extra BS. lol

An attempt to impress you? LMAO. Not at all. It was merely a reference point for your commentary of 'how easy' life is below the poverty line. 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By nefarious

Not good.

deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sylver: Nice. If true, you get my respect for that. But I hope you do realize that people who are pushing for making abortion illegal are the same people who have the best interest of those exploitive corporations in mind. So while you back them for their anti-abortion efforts, you are also showing support for all that corruption, exploitation, and destruction that they helped create and perpetuate. 
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:

"Almost all clothing is now made in developing countries you don't buy that clothing it shuts down that business and can lead to a rise in prostitution and child prostitution because people won't have the money they do now the people working in those factories might even starve to death because they won't be able to afford food.  Industrializing is not a nice a process however things like clothing factors in poorer countries can help them develop, get worker rights legislation passed, and improve peoples standard of living.  It's not good or evil its just an ugly process."

Help them develop? Get workers rights? improved living standards? hahahahahahaha. Sorry. But, that was funny. Do you think 'we' would want to set up shop there if there really was a possibility of that happening? If they paid them comparably, let them organize, or even gave them influence/power; wouldn't that defeat the whole reason for going there in search of cheap labor? 

But if that was what we were attempting to do. Then we are failing as miserably as possible. 
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cody1984
@ViciousCesar! said:
"

@cody1984 said:
"No I'm tired of people getting things handed to them for free without having to earn them payed for by me and other tax payers that is the whole point.  I also can't stand the continued whining about the poor when you have a ton of charities, local/state/federal programs designed to help them and more then a few of them can be easily abused, and the fact uncle sam will let you become government issue as long as you pass some basic requirements.  I might not like the fact some rich snob had his mommy and daddy hand him everything but I look at this way it wasn't me paying for it or other tax payers so I find whining about rich people to be about pointless because somewhere along the line someone did work to get themselves and/or there family to that level.  The fact that what I'm saying goes completely over your head and you understand 0% of what I said before doesn't surprise me.

I also love you little BS comment at the bottom as well.   Since the threat of taking me to "a hood" (which you probably never been to in your entire life) doesn't impress me you cut up where I've been. "

You're concerned about giving poor people +/-$12,000 a year to support a family. But you aren't even phased with giving the people, who make billions off of our backs, tax cuts because they want to kick down another million or two from their billion dollar yearly income. Kind of silly if you really think about it. And....No, I understood you quite well. Hence the reason I was able to articulate exactly what you were trying to say without the extra BS. lol

An attempt to impress you? LMAO. Not at all. It was merely a reference point for your commentary of 'how easy' life is below the poverty line. 

"

I'm concerned that people should have to earn what they have and should pay some taxes to keep things like bridges, sewer pipes, the electric grid, etc. running since we all use these things.  Whether you make $12,000.00 or $12,000,000.00 a year you should have to pay something towards that and not just get all of your money back since you are below "x" level wage.  I also see your ranting about rich people again and trying everything possible to divert what I was talking about spewing left wing propaganda.  But than again I'm trying to have an adult conversation with someone who is probably about 13 years old. 

Some people below the poverty line live better than people in the middle class because of certain programs giving them essentially free housing (section 8), free food (food stamps), and heat in the winter while others have to bust there ass to pay for there apartment or house, food, and the heating bill. 

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cody1984
@ViciousCesar! said:
"

@cody1984 said:

"Almost all clothing is now made in developing countries you don't buy that clothing it shuts down that business and can lead to a rise in prostitution and child prostitution because people won't have the money they do now the people working in those factories might even starve to death because they won't be able to afford food.  Industrializing is not a nice a process however things like clothing factors in poorer countries can help them develop, get worker rights legislation passed, and improve peoples standard of living.  It's not good or evil its just an ugly process."

Help them develop? Get workers rights? improved living standards? hahahahahahaha. Sorry. But, that was funny. Do you think 'we' would want to set up shop there if there really was a possibility of that happening? If they paid them comparably, let them organize, or even gave them influence/power; wouldn't that defeat the whole reason for going there in search of cheap labor?  But if that was what we were attempting to do. Then we are failing as miserably as possible. 

"

Yup people will get angry enough and want conditions to improve and the government will be forced to do something about it just liked it did in the U.S., Canada, Britain, Europe, etc. The possibility of that happening has already happened you don't see many shoes now made in Taiwan do you? The people working in these places will demand rights sooner or later and the government there will eventually have to give them some. As far as where we have done this already goes South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan are your answers.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Its not a ban on abortions its not using tax payer money to fund abortions. Why should my tax dollars pay for someone to have an abortion?

deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984 said:

"I'm concerned that people should have to earn what they have and should pay some taxes to keep things like bridges, sewer pipes, the electric grid, etc. running since we all use these things.  Whether you make $12,000.00 or $12,000,000.00 a year you should have to pay something towards that and not just get all of your money back since you are below "x" level wage.  I also see your ranting about rich people again and trying everything possible to divert what I was talking about spewing left wing propaganda.  But than again I'm trying to have an adult conversation with someone who is probably about 13 years old. 

Some people below the poverty line live better than people in the middle class because of certain programs giving them essentially free housing (section 8), free food (food stamps), and heat in the winter while others have to bust there ass to pay for there apartment or house, food, and the heating bill.  "

Well, I'm concerned that we're letting the top 1% keep too much of OUR money. So I'd love to see them put more of it back into the economy and our government  to ease the pressure on the other 99% of us. But I guess caring about everyone is uncool in today's day and age.

What do you find so appealing or glamorous about living in subsidized housing that you keep going back to it? Jealousy or maybe envy, I don't know. Whatever.. But I actually feel bad for those people and wish we lived in a system that didn't require a certain percentile of our society live under the poverty level or a minimum % of unemployed workers in order to keep things 'balanced'. 

I'm 13? Yet you can't differentiate between 'their' and 'there'... Oh the irony. lol
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By PowerHerc
@Shadow_Thief said:
"

This matter will never be ultimately settled; it's far too useful as a political "hot-button issue." The same applies to immigration and gay marriage. Regardless of how any of us feel about these issues, the folks at the top of the power structure know they can toss them into the headlines and we'll get so caught up in fighting over the conflicting beliefs that they can get away with whatever they want.

"

Exactly!  

These are just 'smoke screens' used to distract us while they (our politicians - democrats and republicans) continue their treacherous betrayal of us, the American people.