#1 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by MysteriousUsername (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the bees! ARGH NOT THE BEES!

#3 Posted by Ohgawd (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. Bees suck. I got stung once and it hurt.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (26007 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, get them the f*ck out of here, I'm tired of them buzzing around me when I'm eating outside or wearing cologne they like, they make me nervous. I hate honey anyway.

#5 Posted by Black_Claw (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, get them the f*ck out of here, I'm tired of them buzzing around me when I'm eating outside or wearing cologne they like, they make me nervous. I hate honey anyway.

But who's gonna pollinate the flowers when spring rolls around? If anything, mosquitoes, flies and gnats should go extinct.

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

You should realize how big of a shitstorm this is gonna be when they're totally gone, not only will they wither away, but the rest of the ecological system connected to it bit by bit.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (26007 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

But who's gonna pollinate the flowers when spring rolls around? If anything, mosquitoes, flies and gnats should go extinct.

Butterflies pollinate just as well, without making annoying buzzing sounds and stinging people outta no where. I say replace all bees with Butterflies.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (26007 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman:

You should realize how big of a shitstorm this is gonna be when they're totally gone, not only will they wither away, but the rest of the ecological system connected to it bit by bit.

We will evolve and adapt as always.

#9 Edited by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: past honey? what are supposed to live from? Honey sickles?

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes me sad :(

#11 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Not my Honey Nut Cheerios!

#13 Posted by Black_Claw (3092 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Pyrogram (41269 posts) - - Show Bio

NOO

#15 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if that is somehow connected to the dying of the bees as a kind of fate... as if it's never meant to be cured...

#16 Posted by The Stegman (26007 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by ShadowX (1207 posts) - - Show Bio

We actually rely on bees for much of our food and bees going extinct would be a huge hinderience to us.

#18 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12419 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#19 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

oh crap it's the end of the world!

I saw this on an animated movie which the name I can't remember that is about bees not pollinating!!!!

EDIT: wait, I actually read it now and it's just in the US. it's okay then. sorry Muricans, no honey for you

#20 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anybody else get a Happening vibe from this?

#21 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish it was roaches ;(

#22 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

No ! >(o-O)> (legit no)

#23 Edited by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Mosquitoes. They serve ZERO purpose to the world. They don't eat anything or feed anything. They're nothing but annoying.

#24 Posted by Ms. Omega (4539 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad so many people hate bees... aww man that sucks... theres a bee hive growing in a hill around me, bees never bothered me or stung me, they just keep to themselves. Honestly i wish there was something humans could do. Bees have been with us since the beginning of time, they need to be with us until the end as well.

Poor bees man, i hope it works out for those little bastards.

#26 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Mosquitoes. They serve ZERO purpose to the world. They don't eat anything or feed anything. They're nothing but annoying.

Yes, this. The only remote purpose they even serve is practice for my hand-eye coordination.

#27 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, this. The only remote purpose they even serve is practice for my hand-eye coordination.

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35030 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

@the_stegman said:

Butterflies pollinate just as well, without making annoying buzzing sounds and stinging people outta no where. I say replace all bees with Butterflies.

Bee's don't really sting pepole wasps do

#30 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4706 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I thought everybody knew how important bees were.

#31 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the bees -_-

Lowering the human population in certain areas

#32 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerry Seinfeld knew this was coming... :O

#33 Posted by Nefarious (22907 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish centipedes and cockroaches can go extinct. Not the bees.

#34 Edited by ARMIV2 (8847 posts) - - Show Bio

Well someone oughta be working harder at saving them bees, dammit!

#35 Edited by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm said:

Not the bees -_-

@batman242 said:

Lowering the human population in certain areas

Pretty sure that we have crazy people to do that.

#36 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: crazy people don't spread dengue or malaria

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91406 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything I can't pet deserves to die.

#38 Edited by King Saturn (225106 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a way we could trade the extinction of the Mosquito for the the Honey Bee ?

#39 Posted by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't be so ignorant people bees are immensly important for the ecological system.

#40 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a way we could trade the extinction of the Mosquito for the the Honey Bee ?

I wish there was.

#41 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only would we loose honey but several fruits aswell, Bee's are more important then people here seem to think and they rarely sting unless provoked.

I would trade a couple of million humans for the bee's anytime.

#42 Edited by joshmightbe (24731 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Well its only honey bees that are in trouble, the millions of other insect species and small animals that currently also pollinate plants will probably pick up the slack and possibly flourish since they don't have to compete with the bees anymore. Hell honey bees aren't even the only species of Bees that pollinate plants or the only ones that make honey really they just make the best honey.

#43 Posted by joshmightbe (24731 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: There are about 20,000 different species of bees that all do pretty much the same thing excluding Wasps and Hornets of course. Its only one species that is currently in trouble and nature loves redundancy so the honey bees have a lot of competition just waiting to pick up their slack.

#44 Posted by Samimista (21019 posts) - - Show Bio

I almost thought this was about Applebee's. =O Good thing it's not! 0.0 Still sad about the honeybees though. D= No animal should be left behind!

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24731 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Its just European Honey bees, the African kind are doing fine, tho that's mostly because that kind is way more likely to kill anything that comes after their honey. Because despite what the hippies want you to think aggression is a useful survival tool.

#46 Posted by Samimista (21019 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Ooh! So it's just one type then. =O That's not too bad then.

#47 Posted by joshmightbe (24731 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: People tend to forget that new species of insects are popping up all the time while old ones are dying out all on their own with no human interference at all, and its pretty well established that interbreeding among other kinds of bees is the primary reason for the dwindling numbers since insects are far more adaptable than pretty much everything else on Earth.