• 57 results
#1 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (10229 posts) - - Show Bio

Christians ... Always the first to damn black people and homosexuals to hell.

#3 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#4 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

lol

What's funny?

#5 Posted by JediXMan (31268 posts) - - Show Bio

Freedom of speech. People have the right to say whatever they like, no matter how stupid. Taking away the rights of even the stupid people opens up a can of worms best left closed.

#6 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Freedom of speech. People have the right to say whatever they like, no matter how stupid. Taking away the rights of even the stupid people opens up a can of worms best left closed.

Giving Religious groups the right to slander homosexuals is a terrible idea, words have the powerful to devastate things in their path. A law such as these would increase the suicide rate of among homosexual teens.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (31268 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@JediXMan said:

Giving Religious groups the right to slander homosexuals is a terrible idea, words have the powerful to devastate things in their path. A law such as these would increase the suicide rate of among homosexual teens.

Are we talking bullying in schools or in general? I don't think bullying of any kind should be allowed in schools. But outside of schools, I'm pro free speech regardless of what comes out of their mouth. Taking the rights away from one group opens the door for others to lose their rights.

#8 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@JediXMan said:

Are we talking bullying in schools or in general? I don't think bullying of any kind should be allowed in schools. But outside of schools, I'm pro free speech regardless of what comes out of their mouth. Taking the rights away from one group opens the door for others to lose their rights.

I'm talking about in school, where your freedom of speech is limited when it comes to verbally insulting teachers and students due to the impact it can have mentally and emotionally, so this law is very strange because it will allow bullies to verbally torture gays to their breaking point. Outside of school the first amendent grants you the freedom of speech but it can not be used to slanders anyone names.

#9 Posted by Dernman (15673 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Speaking your beliefs and harassing someone with those beliefs are two different things.

#10 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@nick_hero22: Speaking your beliefs and harassing someone with those beliefs are two different things.

Tell someone they're perverts, sexual deviants, and are sinnners who will burn in hell sounds like harassing to me.

#11 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

Tell someone they're perverts, sexual deviants, and are sinnners who will burn in hell sounds like harassing to me.

See, This Is a perfect reason for "Don't ask, Don't tell" In school

#12 Posted by Mutant God (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

well the topic should be bullying made legal because homophobia is freedom of speech which was always legal

#13 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

Not Funny and so does that means you believe that openly homosexual students to should be kicked out of school because of their sexuality (Don't Ask, Don't Tell)?

#14 Edited by Dernman (15673 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

See that's a problem right there. Why would that person be going up to the other just to say that or addressing the person specifically?

If person A goes up to person B and just says pervert and deviant you are going to hell. That considered harassment and not expressing freedom of speech. If you are talking about a thing in general it's not. Even if it is disgusting. It's all in the manner you do it.

Edit: I added a (not) that I left out.

#15 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@utotheg38 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

Not Funny and so does that means you believe that openly homosexual students to should be kicked out of school because of their sexuality (Don't Ask, Don't Tell)?

No, Just the part where "I didn't ask, So please lord don't tell"

And just to clarify, I don't even like when straight people are all up in my face about they're relationship with they're significant other.

#16 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

well the topic should be bullying made legal because homophobia is freedom of speech which was always legal

It has no place in the schools of America, what if christians when around harassing kids who are overweight due to their biology, calling them gluttons and sinners due to hereditary?

#17 Posted by SyIar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

This. I don't condone direct bullying in schools or anywhere else and I do believe they should be punishable if in a public setting as such, but the fact of the matter is (in my country at least) we have the right to think or say or believe in whatever we want. It's what makes us free.

#18 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

See that's a problem right there. Why would that person be going up to the other just to say that or addressing the person specifically?

If person A goes up to person B and just says pervert and deviant you are going to hell. That considered harassment and expressing freedom of speech. If you are talking about a thing in general it's not. Even if it is disgusting. It's all in the manner you do it.

It's still harassing and bullying which is against the rules that are established by the schools, and absolutely has no place, children should have the right to attend schools that they feel safe and comfortable in.

#19 Posted by Mutant God (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

It has no place in the schools of America, what if christians when around harassing kids who are overweight due to their biology, calling them gluttons and sinners due to hereditary?

What? Im just pointing out the topic is about bullying, people have the freedom to have a negative opinion of someone I mean saying something and doing something are two different things.

also there are lots of kids who are mean to fat kids

#20 Posted by Dernman (15673 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: It's not bullying or harassing. You need to take manner, intentions, reasons, who he is addressing and how into consideration. To label sharing a belief no matter how disgusting as harassment just because you don't like it is wrong. Well it is if you believe in freedom of speech. If you open the door to that then you ope the door too speaking about any identifier. oh look that person hates gay people. Now we can't talk about hating gay people is wrong because it's harassment.

#21 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

What? Im just pointing out the topic is about bullying, people have the freedom to have a negative opinion of someone I mean saying something and doing something are two different things.

The point I'm raising is that bullying whether physical or verbal has no place in schools.

#22 Posted by Mutant God (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

The point I'm raising is that bullying whether physical or verbal has no place in schools.

okay then I thought you meant in general. In school no one should have an opinion your there to learn

#23 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

>_> Um 90%-95% of overweight children is not genetic, if your parents are fat it doesn't mean genetics their eating habits also have to be taken into account. But of course EVERYONE claims genetics then you watch them eat the crappiest food. I used to be fat in middle school till i started to keep my portions in check and i have a pretty shot metabolism lol

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Christians ...

Um those aren't christians when you refer to black people, that's radical baptists lol(not kidding actually)

@nick_hero22 said:

@utotheg38 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

I think he means if your sexuality isn't out there and you never flaunt it in school which is always cruel than the kid can avoid bullying, then in college no one cares lol I also I feel the military is basically orientation free since you are in a war so there's no time to care about what you do at home

Also people are such whiners now >_> Bullying is bullying get thicker skin, I'm only against physical bullying(violence, vandalism) Stick up for yourself I was bullied once and i verbally fought back and it stopped

I have no sympathy for suicides honestly because it's just such a cop out and I know it's not PC but me and my best friend have literally been through hell and back and never even thought about doing it. Bullying is nothing compared to our combined history.

@nick_hero22 said:

@JediXMan said:

O_O Um how many news organizations and different groups slander religious organizations and groups? TONS everyday

Geez it's so taxing listening to people getting all bent out of shape when there is an opposing opinion. Words have no power, they only have power when you give them power. Our society is raising kids to be so sensitive to EVERY little thing, so they cry when you call them a bad word and they internalize it until they can't function anymore.

#24 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

okay then I thought you meant in general. (1.)In school no one should have an opinion) (2.)your there to learn)

1.) LOL

2.) LMAO

#25 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Mutant God said:

I agree with Nick in a public school freedom of speech isn't in effect, not that it matters. Freedom of speech has loop holes like slander and harassment which ARE illegal. and have legal conscequences. We are intitled to our opinions, but we have rules for those who abuse them. Regardless the law won't get passed and it will be just another intolerant little christan group holding a "gays burn in hell" rally.

#26 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@nick_hero22: It's not bullying or harassing. You need to take manner, intentions, reasons, who he is addressing and how into consideration. To label sharing a belief no matter how disgusting as harassment just because you don't like it is wrong. Well it is if you believe in freedom of speech. If you open the door to that then you ope the door too speaking about any identifier. oh look that person hates gay people. Now we can't talk about hating gay people is wrong because it's harassment.

You can express your belief in an educated and sophisticated way but most students who are bullies won't take these kind of tone and will most likely be very vuglar and rude when expressing their believe which will further ostracize gay youths and make it harder to accept themselves and feel accepted and toleranted in school.

#27 Edited by Dernman (15673 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

You can express your belief in an educated and sophisticated way but most students who are bullies won't take these kind of tone and will most likely be very vuglar and rude when expressing their believe which will further ostracize gay youths and make it harder to accept themselves and feel accepted and toleranted in school.

Which brings us back to my point that there is a difference between sharing your belief and bullying harassing someone. There are many things you have to take into consideration before you can say someone is bully/harrasing someone and not just expressing their beliefs. You can't just make a blanked statement and saying all sharing is bullying and harassment..
#28 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Dernman said:

Which brings us back to my point that there is a difference between sharing your belief and bullying harassing someone. There are many things you have to take into consideration before you can say someone is bully/harrasing someone and not just expressing their beliefs. You can't just make a blanked statement. If person A honestly asks person B what their views on a identifier and it's negative. Then person C who meets that identifier over hears it. That's not harassment or bullying. There are just to many scenarios to make a blanket statement to say sharing views is harassment.

I'm not saying that expressing one's belief in a calm and collected tone is akin to insulting someone for the sake of enjoyment or pleasure.

#29 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5293 posts) - - Show Bio

So it's freedom of speech, I've seen the Westboro Baptist Church before, it's all the same in this case.

#30 Edited by Dernman (15673 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

harassment.

I'm not saying that expressing one's belief in a calm and collected tone is akin to insulting someone for the sake of enjoyment or pleasure.

ok I misread you then. My fault.
#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically speaking homophobia has never been officially illegal(not saying its right just saying merely being homophobic has never been considered a crime)

#32 Posted by DWeb4_0 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

What is it with people on this thread hating on Christians. I am a Roman Catholic, which is Christian, and not all of us are as bigoted as you make us out to be. As a Christian, I have respect for everyone no matter what their sexual orientation is. Just saying.

#33 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

If only it was legal to shoot morons.

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Its perfectly legal so long as you don't get caught.

#35 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

homophobia is illegal? when happened this?

#36 Edited by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Christian, I think Religous groups speaking their beliefs is fine

However...

This isn't a legal concern

Separation of Church in State is sort of a thing

And Really? If this was passed basically what the government would be saying is: "You should take away good things like the Ten Commandments from out in the open, Christmas is too offensive because it is Christian in origin even though no one really ever complained about it, but homophobic religous groups can certainly have the right to bully gay people to the point of suicide. That's fine."

Also something I must make clear...

Christians should believe in Jesus's way of life

Jesus spoke out in defense of the oppressed and bullied

Christians are doing just that

People are dying because of it

Therefore...

People who do such or support it are not truly Christians

In Conclusion...

Their campaign's purpose is null and void on multiple levels.

#37 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

When was that ever illegal?

back then they have apartheid as well

#38 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

I understand exactly what you mean

#39 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Technically speaking homophobia has never been officially illegal(not saying its right just saying merely being homophobic has never been considered a crime)

This.

In my country being homophobic in fact makes you look cool!

>.<"

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraBiel: In my country the people who speak the most against gay people usually turn out to be closet homosexuals who are just trying to make people believe they aren't gay

#41 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@UltraBiel: In my country the people who speak the most against gay people usually turn out to be closet homosexuals who are just trying to make people believe they aren't gay

In my country christians politicians are trying to create a law that allow psychologists to cure homossexuals even though the they study in the university that homossexuality is not a disease! >.<"

#42 Posted by nick_hero22 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

#43 Posted by Thirteen13 (415 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@joshmightbe said:

@InnerVenom123: Its perfectly legal so long as you don't get caught.

LMAO

#44 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraBiel: I'm willing to bet which ever politician who is rallying the most for it probably has a secret boyfriend

#45 Posted by Enemybird (3338 posts) - - Show Bio

Sensationalist Bull$hit

#46 Posted by ARMIV2 (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

Christians have the right to...oh hell no, the f-ck is that about?

#47 Posted by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce: Not al of them, please. I'm a christian to but I would never do that.

#48 Edited by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enemybird:

@ARMIV2:

@CozyDaPrynce:

Just generally, everyone watch their language please. I know this is a charged subject. Still stay civil about it.

#49 Posted by cyberninja (10383 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just disturbing. 

#50 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't those Christians figure out what they're doing was wrong when they were trying to ban cross racial marriage and keeping women out of schools?? The symbol of their religion is a torture device too, for (their) God's sake! Am I the only one who thinks that religion is thoroughly morally disturbing?