Homeschool or Public school

• 69 results
Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Homeschool or Public school (59 votes)

Homeschool 29%
Public school 71%

I'm a sophmore at high school but i fee the education system is F up.

• 
Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Public school. All the homeschooled kids I know have some serious social problems.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

Public school. All the homeschooled kids I know have some serious social problems.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Public School.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rulerofthisuniverse: well Ik some alright, pretty cool even homeschooled kids. but others are a little weird.

I went through public, but homeschooled does have some merits. And let's face it, most of us just hate school of any kind :/

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I'm currently homeschooled (have been since 2007), and it's better in pretty much every conceivable way.

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: he didn't say all homeschooled kids, just the ones he knows.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ratatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

public school home schooled kids are weird....

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For education, homeschool is better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Public School

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

I'm currently homeschooled (have been since 2007), and it's better in pretty much every conceivable way.

Apart from having nobody to interact with.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By HumanRocket

Home school people creep me out they can be weird.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

@pyrogram said:

@thecannon said:

Most of the time that's a good thing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

@pyrogram said:

@thecannon said:

Most of the time that's a good thing.

It's sad that you think that.

Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently, the reason i post this forum because I felt so pressures at school and most of the work are just for the test which I felt in my opinion is ridiculous and is not going to be part of your life.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since there is no way to gauge the quality of home-schoolers everywhere - then I will go with public. There is some accountability there and while there is the perception most homeschooling is superior, it has yet to be studied in any way that can be conclusive and not subjective.

Demand a better public system.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By ColonelRunAway

At least in the US, the majority of public schools are objectively broken. But whether or not you actually learn what you're supposed to, it's still the best guarantee for life experience and grade records and other arbitrary bullsh*t that looks good on a job application. Whereas even with all the government oversights on homeschool, it's still essentially just rolling the dice with how much competence/sanity the parents have to pass down.

Personally, I vote for abandoning the human world and living in a dam with the majestic beavers. Learning their mysterious ways, training to one day become a noble Masked Lumberjack, whose legend shall be passed down through many a drunken shanty. That is the life, dear friends.

Avatar image for high_father_batgod
High_Father_BatGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Statistics say that students home schooled are less likely to shoot up their school.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Public school.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Either or works depending on the situation. I was home schooled starting my Sophomore year in high school for a variety of reasons.

Also, depending on how you're home schooled ( I attended an Online high-school similar to say someone who attends University of Phoenix online) they have social events, monthly almost - including study sessions, clubs, and even a prom.

Now I didn't go to any of my school's dances...but that would not have changed rather I was in public, private or home school....:P

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll say public if only for the fact that you may meet people who become your closest friends. They need to teach actual skills in schools...Oops there is no profit in that

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm home schooled. But I'm not a homeschooled kid. I don't go to those lame "hang out with other homeschooling loser meetings" I wake up at 10 and get school done at 1, but my mom drives me insane. I have mixed feelings

Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: when did you started home school? I'm just saying because this year feels like crap and the CA school system is broken and I feel I wanted to do home school.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Either way, it's school... shudders

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By MakkyD

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol...................................U.S education system....

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Public school, unless it's like one of those neighborhood home schools.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Like the kids going to public school don't have serious social problems.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

Home schooling is better than current public schooling IF the parents are actually intelligent and are trying to educate their children properly, but most are not. Most Homeschooler parents are religious nutters trying to prevent their child from being educated and instead trying to indoctrinate them.

Public school is utter shit right now though and the way schools work right now are a completely waste of time as they focus on memorization rather than understanding. No one in their right mind, looking at todays world, would ever think that memorization is the way to go in education. That's not even considering how stupid they have gotten with homework and hand outs. The last time anyone needed to "know" a fact is like a decade ago. Anything you need to know google + wiki + smartphone. You have it all at your finger tips. So it's useless to memorize.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: @punisher141: honestly I've never been to real school. I was in a Christian school for preschool and kindergarten. And for 1st and second grade I was in a Lutheran Church/School. 3 grade to now(12 grade) I've been home schooled. I don't start school till 10 and I'm usually done by 1. Its not scheduled, I just have to get so much done. I work off a computer with school software

Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Shoot. I could imagine what is feel like at home school. I started to lose faith on the school system. I'm not religious but I getting sick of school shoving worthless test upon our throat. But I have a question. Can anyone be home schooled?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Both have their benefits. But if you're able to i'd always advice public school for the social interaction and learning to cooperate on assignments. They're both skills that'll take your far in life. But public school isn't always an option when you live far away or have an illness etc, so it's great there's the option of being home schooled :)

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punisher141 said:

@allstarsuperman: Shoot. I could imagine what is feel like at home school. I started to lose faith on the school system. I'm not religious but I getting sick of school shoving worthless test upon our throat. But I have a question. Can anyone be home schooled?

Yes. Though depending how it is done it can be expensive.

Also it should be noted that one problem that crops up on home schooled kids is over sensitiveness, but that is also happening in public schools now. It occurs because parents tend to baby their child and do not criticize them properly and try to make them feel special and a winner even when they're terrible at something. Schools have started doing this and preventing any real interaction between children in school which has resulted in a lot of over sensitive idiots. The problem with trying to fight against this with home schooling is that to do so you have to recognize that the parents would likely do this and if they are it's unlikely that they would recognize it lol.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Public school is best for functional socialization and the development of proper coping preparedness for the madness which is real life. It provides more real worldliness and a thicker skin.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Public schools over here are defined as the ones you have to pay privately for.

<_< Go figure >_>

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: yeah but its kinda complicated. You have to rejester with a official teacher anyway. To prove your actually learning stuff. Also I still have to do basic skills tests. And yes its pretty expensive.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken: Hey, my mother didn't baby me...she hated parents that baby their kids (especially their boys). She said it was the quickest way to turn them into whining little pampered punk. But I know you didn't mean every kid, but some.

I'm home schooled. But I'm not a homeschooled kid. I don't go to those lame "hang out with other homeschooling loser meetings" I wake up at 10 and get school done at 1, but my mom drives me insane. I have mixed feelings

I agree with you, bro

I was home schooled from 2nd to last graduation. So, home schooling....

d^_^b

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#39 BumpyBoo  Moderator

<_< Go figure >_>

I always wondered about that hehe, makes absolutely no sense and is kind of confusing at first XD

On topic, I went to a regular school right up until the last couple of years, then was home tutored for the rest. There are pros and cons for both. It was nice to learn in a quiet environment at home without distraction, but at the same time I missed my friends and even though they would still call round after school I felt a little out of the loop :/ Plus there is no one else to take the heat off. In a class, other people are asked questions too but with homeschooling it is all focused on you. There are obvious benefits to this, but it can also feel a little full on.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay: That she knows that helps to make her not do it. Most parents wouldn't admit it.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

<_< Go figure >_>

I always wondered about that hehe, makes absolutely no sense and is kind of confusing at first XD

On topic, I went to a regular school right up until the last couple of years, then was home tutored for the rest. There are pros and cons for both. It was nice to learn in a quiet environment at home without distraction, but at the same time I missed my friends and even though they would still call round after school I felt a little out of the loop :/ Plus there is no one else to take the heat off. In a class, other people are asked questions too but with homeschooling it is all focused on you. There are obvious benefits to this, but it can also feel a little full on.

Yep ha ha.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken:

Yeah, my mother is a very straight-to-the-point type of person. So, she believed in preparing me and my sister for the world.

d^_^b

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Public school. Get yourself some friends. ComicVine isn't going to cut it.

Punisher141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question? Do you have to have a parent to teach you if your in high school because I heard there is a age depend.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been to homeschool for one year. I hated it (took online classes, though not all online classes were bad). It sucked because I hated not having any friends.

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't do it if your lazy i was homeschooled from 6 years old to 9 years old i fell way behind. Plus if you do the homeschool thing there will be NO GIRLS BRAH,

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tupiaz

Public school. Maybe you don't get as well educated but you get to learn a lot of social norms, behaviour and interaction. Those skills are important to learn in life. I don't believe you can live a life where you isolate your self from society.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been to homeschool for one year. I hated it (took online classes, though not all online classes were bad). It sucked because I hated not having no friends.

You hated having friends? Normally it is though to get friends when you are homeschooled. You where quite lucky

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

I've been to homeschool for one year. I hated it (took online classes, though not all online classes were bad). It sucked because I hated not having no friends.

You hated having friends? Normally it is though to get friends when you are homeschooled. You where quite lucky

I meant any instead of no. I hated not having any friends.