#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

She didn't want to be touched, and he touched her, violating rules that were set in place. All of this is according to the article, of course.

They did really throw the book at him though.

#3 Edited by Marshall_Long (1872 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess you can't show gratitude anymore...

#4 Posted by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares.

Dumb sh*t like this happens all the time.

#5 Edited by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (9956 posts) - - Show Bio

Messed up.

#6 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

He kissed her on the neck too

#7 Edited by DoomGuy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

The video makes clear the teacher didn't want to get hugged. The student hugged and kissed the teacher on the neck.

Not that crazy honestly. I can see how this happens.

#8 Posted by kgb725 (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Allegedly.

id definitely get her back if this happened to me

#9 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

She didn't want to be touched and he went ahead and touched. Seems a fair punishment.

#10 Posted by russellmania77 (14606 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: that's what he gets, the suspension that is.

#11 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

Post the whole thing, then put the damn link to the website.

Also a kid did hug her teacher and was kicked out, the kid was like 6 or 8, this guys was old enough to understand what was wrong with the situation, he deserve get kicked out.

#12 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

So dumb....first the little kid last week gets sex harassment charge for a kiss. Now this? lol I would have warned him for a hug. If he touched her inappropriately different story. A hug is nothing though...

#13 Posted by kgb725 (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: Maybe the suspension but definitely not every thing that went with it

#14 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#15 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5512 posts) - - Show Bio

So dumb....first the little kid last week gets sex harassment charge for a kiss. Now this? lol I would have warned him for a hug. If he touched her inappropriately different story. A hug is nothing though...

I'm still suprised this is actually allowed to happen. Shows what a screwed up nation 'merica is becoming.

#16 Posted by PotatoOfDoom (491 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by SC (12709 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand there was greater context in place, hence the punishment. I mean if you have some random guy constantly trying to hug your and kiss your sister even though they have been warned not to, its more than just an innocent hug at work here. Hell some people would probably prefer to be punched in the arm than touched and hugged by certain people.

So if it was just an innocent and friendly hug then its sad they are getting such an extreme punishment. If this was a type of physical harassment that had been warned about prior? Yeah two very different situations. Still feel sorry for the student, if they lose out on scholarship, will affect their entire life.

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: it's putting his body on another person who clearly didn't want to be touched.

#19 Edited by Bruxae (12642 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

I understand there was greater context in place, hence the punishment. I mean if you have some random guy constantly trying to hug your and kiss your sister even though they have been warned not to, its more than just an innocent hug at work here. Hell some people would probably prefer to be punched in the arm than touched and hugged by certain people.

So if it was just an innocent and friendly hug then its sad they are getting such an extreme punishment. If this was a type of physical harassment that had been warned about prior? Yeah two very different situations. Still feel sorry for the student, if they lose out on scholarship, will affect their entire life.

Pretty much this.

Its really hard to get the whole story from a news article that is most likely biased.

#20 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6147 posts) - - Show Bio

Messed up.

#21 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

No means no.

#22 Edited by Black_Claw (2913 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh America, your stupidity continues to amaze me.

#23 Posted by Chibi_cute (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

If he probably hit her that would be okay

#24 Posted by nick_hero22 (6749 posts) - - Show Bio

This is silly

#25 Posted by Joygirl (18716 posts) - - Show Bio

Having been the recipient of unwanted neck-smooches a few times I can say that they are GROSS and one feels very violated. If I were that teacher, and no-touchy-touchy rules were set, and I got some creepy neck-kisses for my trouble I'd probably throw the book at the kid too. Seriously for everyone saying he's getting well-done over this, have someone you aren't into kiss your neck. It is... *shudders*.

#26 Edited by consolemaster001 (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

He deserved it.

#27 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1630 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh America: where hugging gets you suspended, but you can buy a gun at the supermarket!

(Yes, this is a gross general overstatement...but not that far from the truth)

#28 Posted by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing... Not really surprised thou...

#29 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@sc said:

Pretty much this.

Its really hard to get the whole story from a news article that is most likely biased.

#30 Posted by RogueShadow (10016 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae said:

@sc said:

Pretty much this.

#31 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2013 posts) - - Show Bio

Show no mercy for thou shalt receive none.

#32 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

My stupidity meter just collapsed and exploded.

#33 Posted by HumanRocket (7523 posts) - - Show Bio

My English teacher used to touch and grab my arm and hand so much like in a flirty way. Wish my math teacher would have she was my crush at the time.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio

My English teacher used to touch and grab my arm and hand so much like in a flirty way. Wish my math teacher would have she was my crush at the time.

Eh?

#35 Posted by HumanRocket (7523 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (38837 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by HumanRocket (7523 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: she wasnt my type lol. I really wanted my math teacher at the time Ms. Dalton to be that way. Tall, brunette and a sports fan she was my idea of a perfect women at the time lol.

#38 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: Yes, so is bumping someone on the subway....

That doesn't make it sexual harassment.

A hug isn't sexual unless someone gropes a provocative spot.

Only thing worse then this is as stated earlier on here. The kid who got sex charge(he's 6) and the other little kid cause he pointed a gun with his fingers they suspended him as that was "an act of gun violence"

#39 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the many problems with zero-tolerance policies. However, the teacher made it clear that he crossed her personal and professional boundaries.

#40 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: bumping into people on the subway is usually an accident isn't it? Forcing yourself on someone never is.

#41 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: it doesn't matter whether or not it was sexual. It was forced physical contact. Apparently he kissed her on the neck too.

#42 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Avenging-X-Bolt: Wait, which case are you talking about because the 6 year old was a kiss on the cheek. Not the neck. If you're talking about this case, I heard nothing about kissing on the neck. That is a bit much if it's true.

But still a normal hug I don't know if I'd say that's "sexual" As for the bumping on subway, well I live in NYC...it's happened tons of times. Let's just say people can avoid you on buses and subways and bump into you anyway...you'd have to live in a city like mine to understand. Most of the time when people bump into you, it can be avoided but they don't look where they're going or they're just inconsiderate.