Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
It can contribute to a lot of problems with your body and overall health.
What causes it and how do people lower it? If possible.

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Garlic seems to help mine. The smell also keeps people away, which lowers my stress. ;)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
High Blood Pressure is killing Black Folks... 
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lord_oraculous016

there are many factors that causes high blood pressure.. major factors include excessive cholesterol and salt in the body.. there are many means of lowering it such as proper diet and exercise.. also quit smoking, limit alcohol intake and restrict/decrease salt intake as well as that of fried food.. there are also medicines that helps regulate blood pressure such as captopril and ramipril, but please seek medical suggestions first before taking any hypertensive drugs.. garlic also helps in lowering blood pressure.. routinary checking of one's blood pressure would also help.. tips on checking blood pressure.. a.) if a person just walked for and is still recovering from a tenuous or strenuous exercise, wait for at-least 15-20 before taking his/her blood pressure.. b.) wait for about 15-20 mins before you take a person's blood pressure if that person just ate.. not following these instructions could give you wrong readings.. trust me.. i'm a registered nurse and a medical student.. i know what i'm saying.. hope i could help..

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@Shadow_Thief said:
" Garlic seems to help mine. The smell also keeps people away, which lowers my stress. ;) "
lol
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

According to my experience, dealing with die-hard born-agains also increases the possibility of getting hypertension... Ehehehehe!
(note: die hard ones only. open-minded ones are ok) 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I've got it myself. But the lisinopril keeps it in check. I need to get back in my exercise regiment to help it even more.
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Billy Batson
@King Saturn said:
" High Blood Pressure is killing Black Folks...  "

what about the Crackers?

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ego
@Shadow_Thief said:
" Garlic seems to help mine. The smell also keeps people away, which lowers my stress. ;) "
real garlic or the supliments? there are non order suppliments you can take. it's 100% real garlic oil.

@King Saturn said:
i thought it only effects us through high colestrol levels.

@Billy Batson said:
" @King Saturn said:

what about the Crackers?

"

same thing and they smoke more ciggarettes and do crack.

@lord_oraculous016 said:
" there are many factors that causes high blood pressure.. major factors include excessive cholesterol and salt in the body.. there are many means of lowering it such as proper diet and exercise.. also quit smoking, limit alcohol intake and restrict/decrease salt intake as well as that of fried food.. there are also medicines that helps regulate blood pressure such as captopril and ramipril, but please seek medical suggestions first before taking any hypertensive drugs.. garlic also helps in lowering blood pressure.. routinary checking of one's blood pressure would also help.. tips on checking blood pressure.. a.) if a person just walked for and is still recovering from a tenuous or strenuous exercise, wait for at-least 15-20 before taking his/her blood pressure.. b.) wait for about 15-20 mins before you take a person's blood pressure if that person just ate.. not following these instructions could give you wrong readings.. trust me.. i'm a registered nurse and a medical student.. i know what i'm saying.. hope i could help.. "
agree. execercise and right diet. there is a safe limit though. make sure you don't have diebeties or some kind of cardiovascular disfunction before serious excercise though. consult with a doctor. i remember a just about a month age, a boy at 16 died after a basket ball game bc he had an enlarged heart. so find out your health before excersice. i think the heart rate rule is your age minus 20. 

@ssejllenrad said:
" According to my experience, dealing with die-hard born-agains also increases the possibility of getting hypertension... Ehehehehe!(note: die hard ones only. open-minded ones are ok)  "
debates on comicvine too.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MKF30
@Shadow_Thief said:
This is funny lol but true.

But yeah, I have anxiety and it's a pain sometimes, can cause increased BP on top of normal meds from the doc, eat right, veggies, fruits, try to eat the bad stuff in moderation if you have to eat something unless you're really bad with cholet which can contribute to higher BP, but stress, anxiety, depression tons of other mental conditions can effect it.

I have a BP monitor but do try not to obsess over it....just take it a few times a week.