Hideo Kojima's name removed from MGSV's Box Art

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Konami has removed all mention of Hideo Kojima and his studio, Kojima Productions, from Metal Gear Solid V's box art.

New, and seemingly final, versions of the box art carry no mention of Kojima, where placeholder assets had previously showed the Kojima Productions logo and the line "A Hideo Kojima Game."

"It's the latest in a long line of issues between Kojima and Konami. Though we've seen Kojima's name and the Kojima Productions logo pulled off the Konami website before now, last we heard things seemed to be mellowing as the company was readding his name to its products. Now, it seems Konami has decided against this course of action.

Of course, earlier this week the Japanese voice actor for Snake confirmed the closure of Kojima Productions, so perhaps this isn't too surprising. Regardless, it's a depressing state of affairs considering Kojima has repeatedly stated he will be committed to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain up to the game's release."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/14/hideo-kojimas-name-removed-from-metal-gear-solid-5-box-art?

https://games.yahoo.com/news/metal-gear-solid-5s-box-115400825.html

I think this is very harsh and petty from Konami. We get it, you don't like Kojima anymore and after the release of MGSV. Hideo will no longer be part of the company. This doesn't mean they have to erase Kojima from the game. He's the one who created the damn franchise. Give credit where credit is due. I truly wonder whether his name will be in the game.

They're just spitting in the face of Kojima now. This wasn't necessary. I hope the situation doesn't carry over to the game or prevent it from being it's very best. I almost don't want to buy this game anymore because Konami is such a shit company now. You just know Kojima loathes walking into that workplace now. Terrible.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sounds like things are getting ugly at Konami. Let's see how long they last without him. They're not exactly setting the gaming world on fire with their IP's lately.

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's the only reason why I honestly deal with Konami now I don't have to deal with them They ruined silent hill and now they're making their fans angry Konami might be on it's last leg before dying.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's just petty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijukinggojira: Yup. This along with the cancellation of Silent Hills and their new focus on mobile games has done it for me. This will be the last Konami game I buy.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Konami has fun with their other great current series like the non existent Silent Hills and...

...PES. *slaps knee*

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from Yugioh what else do they have? They're slowly digging their grave.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Yep, and it really saddens me since I love both Metal Gear and Yu-Gi-Oh. :(

I wish Konami would sell both IPs, but I doubt it.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshall_long said:

Yep, and it really saddens me since I love both Metal Gear and Yu-Gi-Oh. :(

I wish Konami would sell both IPs, but I doubt it.

Yeah I doubt that, they make a bit of cash with Yugioh, and they said they'll still continue to make Metal Gear games. But it wouldn't feel the same honestly without the creator.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They are losing their biggest asset. Some key figures cannot be replaced.