Hideo Kojima on Pacific Rim

• 52 results
SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you don't know who Hideo Kojima is... there's a little thing called Google (yes, I'm that lazy).

If you do, here's his thoughts on Pacific Rim:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Much like Mark Waid on Man of Steel, this doesn't really mean anything to me, but it's still pretty cool.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Pacific Rim is my most anticipated film of the year I just can't wait to see it

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's cool to know he enjoyed it that much. I'm really excited to see it, and I hope it leads the charge in new kaiju films (with the supposed 2014 Godzilla smashing it into popularity).

Honestly though I'm not really expecting this film to be anything more than a flashy visual-fest, but that's completely okay with me. If I'm proved wrong it can only be in a good way!

Rorkurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pacific Rim can be the next massive film franchise

Warner Bros does it again, hope DC makes a comic of it

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Samimista

Ah. ^___^ Absolutely love Hideo as he's one of my inspirations in life so I take his word. Nice to hear such positive feedback. =D

Rorkurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On another note, who is Hideo Kojima and why should I care? I'm going to see PR because I want to and not because some geeky looking mook tells me to.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Awesome stuff! I hope I like the movie as much as he did!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorkurin said:

On another note, who is Hideo Kojima and why should I care?

If you don't know who Hideo Kojima is... there's a little thing called Google.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe I'll do both. Or neither.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

kojima isnt hard to entertain if you've played any MGS game

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

I don't have a tremendous amount of interest in Pacific Rim, but I like Del Toro and love Kojima, so I'll probably check this out when it comes to dvd.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I still going to see Pacific Rim .

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImNemotheGemini

@rorkurin:

He's the creator of the Metal Gear Solid Series !

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucks to see that this film gets some hate on it on movie boards like IMDB..but I think this generation just isn't use to these kind of films. Giant monsters and such were big in the 90's so I'm really anticipating this film. It makes me think of G Gundam though with how they operate the machines lol

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I really want Pacific Rim to not suck, but in all honesty my biggest hope for it is a Godzilla trailer in the previews.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want Pacific Rim to not suck, but in all honesty my biggest hope for it is a Godzilla trailer in the previews.

everybody thats seen it so far has loved it

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

But the turtle Gamera is friend to all children !

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

Awesome. Because I know plenty of people who still have the sour taste of Cloverfield in their mouths. Me being one of them, and I grew up watching Japanese monster movies with my Grandmother.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@granitesoldier said:

Awesome. Because I know plenty of people who still have the sour taste of Cloverfield in their mouths. Me being one of them, and I grew up watching Japanese monster movies with my Grandmother.

Well since the early reaction so far has been positive and with del Toro being a great director as well as a huge fan of Kaiju and Mecha I have absolute faith

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@granitesoldier said:

Well since the early reaction so far has been positive and with del Toro being a great director as well as a huge fan of Kaiju and Mecha I have absolute faith

Good enough for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They cannot go wrong with Giant Mecha, Alien Monsters and Space Portals.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@rorkurin said:

On another note, who is Hideo Kojima and why should I care?

HAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAHAHA

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gambit474

Where did you guys see the preview for it? I saw the trailer when I went to man of steel..great way for it to be publicized imo lol

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't wait to see this. The Kaiju look more impressive then the mechs IMO.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Decoy Elite

Huh, didn't seem like Hideo's kind of thing but I guess I underestimated his love of giant robots.

As for the movie, I'll catch it on DVD, it reminds me of War of the Monsters on the PS2.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Samimista

Huh, didn't seem like Hideo's kind of thing but I guess I underestimated his love of giant robots.

As for the movie, I'll catch it on DVD, it reminds me of War of the Monsters on the PS2.

He has another series called Zone of The Enders which is mecha influence.

Hideo did originally wanted to be a movie director so he usually Tweets about movies and etc. Awhile ago he even went on about how he wants to 3D capture Ryan Gosling for a video game.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: I knew he was big into a movies, but I thought he'd like more action movies and stuff although I completely forgot about Zone of the Ender. XD

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: Ah! I see what you mean. I haven't played Zone of the Ender but do hear about it. His Tweets always crack me up. xD

No Caption Provided

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: He's a pretty funny guy. I saw him get interviewed on some Japanese show I found on Youtube and his business card turns into a little paper snake.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: Ah wow! =O That is cool. He is one of my inspirations in life. He's also like an entertainer too with how he puts on a show. This whole Phantom Pain marketing with Joakim Mogren has been really fun to read about. xD

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope is better that Star Treck Into The Failness and a White Khan!!!

MightyThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MightyThor

Guillermo Del Toro is amazing. I dream that the day may come when he makes a Thor film.

Guillermo del Toro + Thor = Lord of the Rings on steroids

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@z3ro180 said:

@jonny_anonymous: really your avatar pic would suggest other wise :P

I'm sure I don't know what you mean <_< >_> <_<

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#34  Edited By Teerack

@smashbrawler: You could have just said the guy who makes metal gear :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Man, call me crazy but I just haven't been stoked for this film. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but the execution in the trailers and clips I've watched just haven't done it for me. I'll do my best to give it an honest shot, but at the moment, I'm definitely not sharing in the enthusiasm. Hopefully it'll prove me wrong.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Ok since you asked your crazy.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Man, call me crazy but I just haven't been stoked for this film. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but the execution in the trailers and clips I've watched just haven't done it for me. I'll do my best to give it an honest shot, but at the moment, I'm definitely not sharing in the enthusiasm. Hopefully it'll prove me wrong.

Really? I think the trailers make it seen far better than any of the films I'v seen this year

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: And ironically enough, that actually would've been shorter than what I ended up typing.

@k4tzm4n said:

I actually ain't crazy excited about the film either but I know plenty of people here are so I figured it'd be nice to share this.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Does pacific rim come out in the USA first ? Because I think it comes out over here in the UK on Friday !

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: And ironically enough, that actually would've been shorter than what I ended up typing.

@k4tzm4n said:

I actually ain't crazy excited about the film either but I know plenty of people here are so I figured it'd be nice to share this.

There's been a whole bunch of guys tweeting that are saying they love the film like Kanye West and Seth Rogen

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Really? I think the trailers make it seen far better than any of the films I'v seen this year

Yes, really. Why would I lie about that? :P Well, hopefully it lives up to the hype for you.

Like I said, the concept obviously has the potential to be massively entertaining, but I don't get that rush when watching the trailers or clips. Everything I've seen looks alright, but I haven't been excited over anything they've shown us yet. We'll see if that changes when I get to watch the whole movie instead of scattered bits.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Yes, really. Why would I lie about that? :P Well, hopefully it lives up to the hype for you.

Like I said, the concept obviously has the potential to be massively entertaining, but I don't get that rush when watching the trailers or clips. Everything I've seen looks alright, but I haven't been excited over anything they've shown us yet. We'll see if that changes when I get to watch the whole movie instead of scattered bits.

I donno man, It just does not compute for me. When I watched that trailer at the cinema the first time I near fell out my seat

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Does pacific rim come out in the USA first ? Because I think it comes out over here in the UK on Friday !

I don't know, I'm from the UK and it does come out on the 12th Friday

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

I don't care what the guy says.From what I saw in the trailer the movie looks really awesome to me.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is an indicator that Guilermo is fit to adapt Monster

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I don't care what the guy says.From what I saw in the trailer the movie looks really awesome to me.

But he was being positive...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#47  Edited By TDK_1997

@jldoom said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I meant that even if his opinion was negative I wouldn't care and I would still see the movie.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@jldoom said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I meant that even if his opinion was negative I wouldn't care and I would still see the movie.

Oh OK. I'm just glad it was positive, it's always nice to hear positive feedback before seeing a movie (even though I didnt agree with the critical feedback Man of Steel got.)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this, on the other hand, is a review I can get behind.

Loading Video...