HELP!!!!!!!!! Need serious Computer wiz people help!!!!!!

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, I am trying to get this game to install on my computer but it just won't let me. We thought it was the memory and I just deleted a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. But, still didn't work. So, I decided to ask some of you guys cause I know a lot of you here are computer Wiz. And to let you know the game was meant for Windows XP/2000 but that shouldn't be the problem because I got both Rome Total war and Medieval 2 total war setup fine and they were older games. This game is an expansion pack to Medieval 2 total war called: "Medieval 2 total war Kingdoms" And this is what it says when I try to install it:

"This 1.03.000 update cannot be applied to the 1.00.000 version of this game"

P.S. "Also it says under Minimum system requirements needs Service pack 2 or higher and I don't know what that is.

So, Please help.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

go to www.canirunit.com it's this website where you look up whatever game it is and it'll scan ur computer and tell you if you can play it or not and if not it'll tell you what you need to play it and usually give you a link to where you can get what you need to play it

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THANKS! I'll check it out.

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It said:

Error: There was a problem downloading the ActiveX component. One of the following happened.

1) You did not give your permission to download the ActiveX component (sysreqlab.cab from Husdawg, LLC). If so, you can start over (you will have to close the browser and start over), run this service again and give your permission.

2) Your browser settings do not allow browser Plug-ins to be installed. You can change your settings and try again.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

you need to click on the yellow bar across the top of the page that says something about pop ups being blocked for that page 

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright got it to work and the game is compatable to my computer but I need two things. A Vertex Shader Ver and a Pixel Shader ver. Now It says video card so do I need to buy that or download it?

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Slinger
Giuseppe Riccadonna said:
"Okay, I am trying to get this game to install on my computer but it just won't let me. We thought it was the memory and I just deleted a bunch of stuff I don't use anymore. But, still didn't work. So, I decided to ask some of you guys cause I know a lot of you here are computer Wiz. And to let you know the game was meant for Windows XP/2000 but that shouldn't be the problem because I got both Rome Total war and Medieval 2 total war setup fine and they were older games. This game is an expansion pack to Medieval 2 total war called: "Medieval 2 total war Kingdoms" And this is what it says when I try to install it:

"This 1.03.000 update cannot be applied to the 1.00.000 version of this game"

P.S. "Also it says under Minimum system requirements needs Service pack 2 or higher and I don't know what that is.

So, Please help."
Your system is probably fine, what it sounds like is that you need is to install the proper patches to update your version of the game from 1.00.000 to 1.03.000. You can probably find them online by googling Medieval 2 total war 1.03.00 patch or update.
Day Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Day Hunter

You need to update your computer man.

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and when it shows the "I" things do I need to care about that?

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is just bugging me so much. I want to play it so baaaad, but I also want to shove it in my step dad face that I got it working, lol. He's been getting so mad at me for trying to get it to work, lol.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shaper

I'm still having trouble with this. My computer meets the minimal regiments. The only recommended requirements it don't meet is the requirements about the graphics. But, I still have the minimum requirements to that. It just don't make sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Have you tried uninstalling the first one then downloading the other one?

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't. Need the first one to upload the second one. The second is an expansion pack.

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BTW, my computer is a laptop and they said I can't upgrade the video card.... But, the whole thing with 1.03.000 and 1.00.000 thing just get's me.

Meta-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meta-Man

Do you have Windows Service Pack 2? If it says you need it... then you need it installed on your comp

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Damn. I dunno.

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See this is why I asked for computer help, lol. I don't know half the crap on my computer. How do I find out I have Window service pack 2?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By warlock360
Everest

Tells you about everything that your computers made of
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to the website and a lot of people had the same problem. They said the solution was to get a patch called 1.02 or something. And I'm trying to find it.

Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found it and now downloading it.