Hear me Roar (Ask The_Deathstroker)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@theamazingspidey: Yeah, those words describe perfectly when someone likes a lot a movie.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@theamazingspidey: Ah, well than I suppose that's understandable. I follow a Stannis Baratheon's quote (Game if Thrones): "A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good." The good part from that movie can not save the bad, nor the bad completely destroy the good. In my eyes.

And sorry, mate. Will gave to watch it later. In school right now. :/

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@theamazingspidey: Ah, well than I suppose that's understandable. I follow a Stannis Baratheon's quote (Game if Thrones): "A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good." The good part from that movie can not save the bad, nor the bad completely destroy the good. In my eyes.

And sorry, mate. Will gave to watch it later. In school right now. :/

That's cool then - see you later! XD.

- TAS

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@The_Deathstroker: oh cool. No worries.

Have you ever read a romantic story , be it a novel or comics ?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: my avatar is from a romantic Manga :)

I prefer romantic stuffs from the mainstream comics. My favorite is Suzuka manga. I would recommend you that but you don't like manga and it's a bit echhi, at times.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#808  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@claymore1998 said:

@The_Deathstroker: my avatar is from a romantic Manga :)

I prefer romantic stuffs from the mainstream comics. My favorite is Suzuka manga. I would recommend you that but you don't like manga and it's a bit echhi, at times.

You like romantic manga? I thought you only like stories where characters are forced to turn evil! Or the romantic stories you like have those edgy stuffs as well!

jk jk

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Ah... I wouldn't know lmao. xD

And yeah. There's that whole issue with the manga and the stuff.... Lol.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan: hehe well I love those story too , specially when we are talking about super power people. I don't like the idea of having good vs bad rather I like the idea of everyone having a bad side as well as good side.

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@claymore1998 said:

@mad_titan: hehe well I love those story too , specially when we are talking about super power people. I don't like the idea of having good vs bad rather I like the idea of everyone having a bad side as well as good side.

Neither do I, that doesn't mean I prefer everyone in literature to be like Game of Thrones characters though, rather to be like more aligned with real life people, with inner struggles.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: How would you feel if about an sci-fi version of Game of Thrones?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: If it's as awesome as the regular Game of Thrones, I'd love it. But I doubt anything could be as great as GoT. Why? Is there something out there like it?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: There is an book series called Dune, written about 30 to 40 years ago. It spawned an movie and two minisseries (one of them with James "Professor X" McCvoy as the main protagonist at one point). If you look the number of similarities it has to Song of Ice and Fire, you wouldn't think that it was based a lot more in the War of Roses than in the

Here is the set up:

The known Universe is ruled by an star-spawning empire that has outlaw computers and technology and uses an specific fossil fuel mined in a desert planet to travel at light speed. The empire is ruled by House of Corrino (House Baratheon) and their vassals are Great Houses, the "good guys" are House of Atreides (House Stark) who are black/brown haired and their rivals are the House of Harkonnen (House Lannister), who are blonde/golden haired.

The Atreides patriarch is Duke Leto Atreides, who has an redheaded wife named Jessica much like Cat is to Ned, and their only child Paul Atreides (Jon Snow) is an bastard since he isn't officially married to her (she is more or less, his paramour like Oberyn/Ellaria). They move out to the titular Dune planet at request of the Emperor (like Ned becoming King Robert's hand), but this is all an ploy to get rid of Duke Leto. With the assistance of an traitor (Littlefinger in GoT/ Dr. Yueh in Dune), the Harkonnens slaughter almost the entire Atreides household, including Leto.

Paul escapes with his mother to the desert and befriends the Fremen, an nomadic native group that inhabit the desert planet and would have been pretty the Wildlings. Paul teaches the ways of the Voice (now this is leaving Game of Thrones territory and entering Star Wars), becomes their leader and starts an revolution that effectively overthrows House Corrino and House Harkonnen).

And this is book 1, okay... What do you think?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mad_titan:

I am not a big fan of Game of Thrones, especially after the first season. While I liked the story it got too gory for my taste.

When I say I don’t like a story with a clear divide between the good and the bad, I meant I enjoy stories similar to what's unfolding in current New Avengers titles. Furthermore, my all time favorite run on Stephen Strange is Strange Tales volume 2, where something similar happens. In order to save the world Stephen is force to dabble in blood magic, trick his friends, erase their mind, damn an innocent to hell etc, despite knowing every of this actions were wrong and trying for the most part of the story to avoid doing any of this, and eventually realizing by the end of it that, when the question is him and his world vs 1 innocent bystander, he would choose himself to save himself even if that meant damning the innocent bystander to hell. Near the end of the run he realizes he is not a hero, but simply a guardian of the world from mystical threat and as such he doesn’t always have the luxury of picking the morally correct option.

I would totally recommend anyone who is curious to see why i am a big fan of Stephen to read the said series.

BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#816  Edited By BappyRonChantin

@claymore1998: Well, I like as long as the writer gives reasonable argument behind the chosen path of a character. If a character chooses to be what we call good or bad by traditional means, and the reason behind his path is meaningful enough, that's good. If the character chooses to be in between and has enough meaningful reason behind it, that's good too. If a writer manages to write a enjoyable story that completely averts from the reality we live in yet creative enough to pull off choices and actions of a character that's consistent with it's own reality, I like that too.

I will try to check out the Stephen Strange series as you recommended. I'm collecting the current New Avengers titles, but I haven't started reading them yet. I will as soon as I get enough free time, maybe within one or two months.

Divine_Grundy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baby Thanos or Baby Galactus

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821  Edited By Claymore1998

@epictayman:

Because he is one of the few people I have had an extended interaction with. He is a friend, or at least the comic vine equivalent of it =)

deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epictayman:

Well we haven’t really interacted much. We only started yesterday. That being said, if you are interested to be my friend I am always happy =)

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Wow. I think I'm surprised I have never heard of it before. It sounds interesting, that's for sure, but is it as good as GoT? Have you read it? Have you seen the movie or miniseries?

Will get to everyone else's comments in a wee bit.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct: Wow. I think I'm surprised I have never heard of it before. It sounds interesting, that's for sure, but is it as good as GoT? Have you read it? Have you seen the movie or miniseries?

Will get to everyone else's comments in a wee bit.

That is detable actually... Dune has an problem with some bizarre terminology that makes the mythos really hard to follow and understand. There is nothing ever simple in this universe and people has some hard time trying to explain whats going on. The first movie which covers the first book is... An bizarre experience to say the least. There is an extended prologue of 10 minutes trying to narrate the background, but you likely get bored and think "WTF is the creator on? Whatever its he better drop it/share it with me"

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: You hate me cuz I'm better than you. @dragonborn_ct: Ah, I see. Then I'm not too interested lol xD

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: Its fair enough :P

Thoughts on this glorious picture?

No Caption Provided

If you had to drop an monster from any fantastical story/setting on Westeros, which one would be?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: That's epic as hell.... But I'd much rather see Tywin on it >:) jk, lol. That duder is a BAMF.

Hmm..... Gothmog. Lord of Balrogs.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: It wouldn't be very odd if you only replaced Geralt with Twyin and you realize he put his own daughter to the sword O.o

Also it looks like you guys I asked the second question named an LotR monster :P Jonny named Sauron and Swordmaster an Balrog as well.

Have I ever showed you this unfinished panel I made for my comic?

No Caption Provided

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: What are your favorite historical periods?

Favorite historical figure?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Whoops. Forgot to answer you three days ago, sorry mate :/

I think it would be awesome if Tywin killed Cersei. He doesn't distrust her because she's a woman, he distrusts her because she isn't as smart as she thinks she is. ;D

Lol, is Sauron's considered a monster? He came to mind, but he's not what I consider a monster, in the literal sense at least.

And haha, no lol, you haven't shown me it. It looks pretty good, seriously. It's pretty bada$$ seeing him snap a guy's neck back.

Hmm.... Fav periods.... Not really a period I'd like to live in, but the Roman Empire and Persian War eras are probably my favorites. How about you?

Historical figure is easy for me. Hannibal Barca. Such a BAMF. Yours?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: Nah its okay :P

Still he would be commiting kinslaying (which is an offense on the same level as breaking sacred hospitality), I believe he even he would be unwillin to execute Tyrion and he would have been cool with sending him to the Wall. Cersei on the other hand....

If you count as inhuman abomination instead of just mindless, then he probably counts I dunno O.o

Yeah he went Gregor Clegane on his ass :P

Oooh I didn't really ask for any period to live in, just ones you find interesting (nobody would ever want to live anywhere except the present anyways >.>). Anyways Roman Empire is an definitely cool pick ;) Mine would be Crusades along with Renassaince

My favorite would probably be Vlad Tepes Dracula, if only because research about him has been very fascinating. Did you knew he was actually not that bad as we were initially led to believe?

Have you ever seen Spartacus the TV show?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835  Edited By SunDeep

@The_Deathstroker: How did you feel about Deathstroke's depiction in the following TV series, animated shows and movies...?

1. Teen Titans (2003>2006)
  2. Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths
  3. Smallville (Season 10)
  4. Young Justice: Invasion
  5. Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  6. Beware The Batman
  7. Arrow
  8. Son of Batman
magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Dear Lord, I can't pick a sole favorite! All food is amazing!! xD @dragonborn_ct: Cool.

Oh, yeah, I know. I was just making a joke. He cares too much about legacy and family to do it.

Lol, true.... xD

Indeed. Minus the head squashing. Lol.

Crusades is an awesome era as well. Renaissance is fun too, just gets a little boring studying it hehe.

Vlad is my #2 after Hannibal. That dude isn't anywhere close to being the monster we make him out to be.

Nah, I haven't. I've been trying, but every site I find that has it doesn't work :/

To Everyone Else: Will answer your questions in a bit. Sorry.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: My bad, I've been taking things I little too seriously as of late >_>

You are correct tho, Renaissance does get boring if you do focus on Iluminism, philosophical and artistic revolution, but its also time of great political turmoil and uncertainty, with city-states relying on mercenaries and backdoor assassinations to assert their hold over a region, with a special focus on the corruption of the Church. What does that remind you off *wink-wink*

I agree ;)

Oh okay then. Its really great if you are looking for that mature GoT appeal, there is plenty of violence and sex :P Dare I say, maybe more sex than GoT!

Which one of this list you found the coolest? http://www.cracked.com/article_19478_5-real-princesses-too-badass-disney-movies.html

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: LOL but yeah. I didn't know you were a fan of the Witcher.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: LOL son, I am fan of virtually anything fantasy-related :P Even more if they feature big monsters and supernatural creatures.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: So I take it you're gonna watch The Seventh Son next year? I heard the trailer looked nothing like the books though.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Ooooh yes I do. I never read the books to begin with, so I can't say if it will be an huge loss for me. It looks pretty entertaining to me and I so dig the dark fantasy style, but due to the delays I had pretty much forgotten that movie was coming out next year :P

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#845  Edited By Rouflex
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers