• 100 results
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Ceremonial Magic very interesting and I'v read a few books on it and I also find it really interesting that some of the greatest writers of all time like Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Neil Gaiman, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and HP Lovecraft participate in it, so I was wondering if anybody on the Vine has dabbled?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30939 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it in stories. Bringing that kind of stuff into the world of reality is... a little too weird for me.

#3 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

No no i havent but if u go back in time i bet the people of Salem would know some people if ya asked them

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#5 Posted by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes :D

#6 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (25553 posts) - - Show Bio

If trying to do a ritual with the Blue Eyes White Dragon card counts.....then yes.

#9 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I know some girls that do.

#10 Edited by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: @jonny_anonymous: Dead serious. always been fascinated by that side of things: everything from Wicca right through to Satanic rituals and magic. Been studying the occult since I was a little girl :)

#11 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Wha, Grant Morrison ? I think that they are just goofing with nerds >_>

#12 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

No I wouldn't, and I have heard enough about it to never want to anyway, nor would I recommend others to do either.

#13 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Why in the world would i want to try chaos magic. Dabble in the dark arts an get burned at the stake NO

#14 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: No, honestly. He's even wrote books on it.

@jonny_anonymous: Why in the world would i want to try chaos magic. Dabble in the dark arts an get burned at the stake NO

Dark arts? Burned at the stake? This is the 21st century dude.

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

I once tried to curse my brother but I don't think it worked, tho he did end up in prison about a decade afterwards, coincidence?

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually now I do feel bad since my brother is actually in prison out of sheer bad luck. Basically he is in jail for being polite to a guy who turned out to be a drug dealer.

#23 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Nah they're just waiting to attack thats all.

An chaos magic is dark magic

#24 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Im not confused an u said that who ever said.everyone should try chaos magic did u not? I was responding to that thanks

#27 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: wait Wait WAIT wAit Wait wait WAit WaIT so u telling me HOGWARTS ISNT REAL, So ive been wasting my whole life trying to get accepted to Hogwarts?

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: What point u said i was confused because u thought I said ceremonial magic was dark magic which is not what i referring to.

#30 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: wait Wait WAIT wAit Wait wait WAit WaIT so u telling me HOGWARTS ISNT REAL, So ive been wasting my whole life trying to get accepted to Hogwarts?

Yes

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm: You mean Grant Morrison, you know, the comic book writer

@magnificentstorm: But the point is moot since its a fictional subject

Guys, Ceremonial Magic is a type of meditation not harry potter stuff.

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Nefarious (21271 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: What are you telling me this for? I didn't invent the term.

#36 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: @joshmightbe: *sigh* gesh well thanks for telling me

An yea why call it magic if its meditation an like i said i was responding to that statement not to ceremonial magic

#37 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Just saying this kind of sounds like one of those terms some New Age Hippie made up and claimed was an ancient spiritual practice like Wicca (sorry folks, it came out in the 50s and was basically just a mix of various Celtic and Northern European rituals)

#39 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Just saying this kind of sounds like one of those terms some New Age Hippie made up and claimed was an ancient spiritual practice like Wicca (sorry folks, it came out in the 50s and was basically just a mix of various Celtic and Northern European rituals)

Well ask Grant Morrison or Alan Moore. I just said it interests me not that I was the soul authority

#41 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

...I find it amazing just how widespread "magic" users are...

#42 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: @joshmightbe: LoL new age hippie stuff. An anyway ceremonial magic is mainly connected to rituals an connecting to spirits. Not meditation (unless u mean how u have to focus or watever on a spirit or something an how i guess they have to meditate to connect to the spirit)

#43 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: @joshmightbe: LoL new age hippie stuff. An anyway ceremonial magic is mainly connected to rituals an connecting to spirits. Not meditation (unless u mean how u have to focus or watever on a spirit or something an how i guess they have to meditate to connect to the spirit)

swap spirit with chi and youv got meditation

#45 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yea meditation not ceremonial magic so it seems that im not the one confused as to what ceremonial magic is lol jk

#46 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Yea meditation not ceremonial magic so it seems that im not the one confused as to what ceremonial magic is lol jk

that doesn't even make sense

#47 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: It does because ceremonial magic is connected to rituals to connect to spirits not a group meditation session to balance ones dragon ball chi LMAO SEE WHAT I DID THERE XD

#48 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

No not unless you want to count utilizing the blood of the Chaos Bringer (Dark Energon) as magic.

#49 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18402 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@jonny_anonymous: @jonny_anonymous: Dead serious. always been fascinated by that side of things: everything from Wicca right through to Satanic rituals and magic. Been studying the occult since I was a little girl :)

cool

#50 Edited by BumpyBoo (10061 posts) - - Show Bio