• 50 results
#1 Posted by GoldenStar66 (645 posts) - - Show Bio

I have not but just curious about others on here. Have you been fired for a reason or no reason at all. But of course, everything happens for a reason....right?

#2 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

No. But I've been put on a no hire list for laughing at my boss as I quit.

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

I was fired at not being awesome as soon as I was born. Now I work at being awesome 24/7.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (43688 posts) - - Show Bio

Fired, no. However, I have been a part of two layoffs.

Staff Online
#5 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

I was fired at not being awesome as soon as I was born. Now I work at being awesome 24/7.

My job is being the Professional Nutcase! Two Birthdays ago I actually had a chocolate cake that read that. xD I should get a raise with my natural talent! 0.0

#6 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Fired, no. However, I have been a part of two layoffs.

Ugh that's the worst. Had to deal with that with a temp job I was doing.

#7 Posted by Joygirl (19925 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I quit twice in a row. First time because I strangled a co-worker almost into unconsciousness on camera and was gonna be fired soon anyway. Second time because I had just ended my affair with the manager.

#8 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

My job is being the Professional Nutcase! Two Birthdays ago I actually had a chocolate cake that read that. xD I should get a raise with my natural talent! 0.0

Do you have a picture of the cake?

#9 Posted by mikethekiller (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

Got fired for "not being upbeat and smiling."

#10 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Do you have a picture of the cake?

Somewhere in my gallery I do. =O I showed the picture to Lykopis, Aiden and BumpyBoo a long time ago. I'll look for it again.

#11 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorta. Was working as more of a contractor than an employee though. Made a mistake once and was basically not invited to return for more work. Didn't feel that bad about it though because I was in school and had other stuff going on.

#12 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that's crap. Unless your job is dealing directly with the customers or HR you shouldn't have to pretend to be happy all the time.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24364 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Everyone likes me.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (83464 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Never.

#15 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I just got "laidoff" this past May.

#17 Edited by mikethekiller (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

Ugh, that's crap. Unless your job is dealing directly with the customers or HR you shouldn't have to pretend to be happy all the time.

I stocked shelves at target, whenever a customer or co-worker had a question I'd always be cordial but otherwise...I'm just stocking shelves.

#18 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller: Yeah that's not a position where you need to be all happy go lucky acting. You don't need a grin on your face to do your job.

Then again I've heard Target is pretty terrible when it comes to dealing with employees.

#19 Posted by mikethekiller (8403 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller: Yeah that's not a position where you need to be all happy go lucky acting. You don't need a grin on your face to do your job.

Then again I've heard Target is pretty terrible when it comes to dealing with employees.

They are.

#20 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been always fired/quit..... Last time I was fired/quit was when I told my boss at the time "I'm not selling bath salts."

#21 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Got fired from KFC at 16? does that count? =D

#22 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller: Yeah most of retailers are terrible to work for. My mom spent years at Wall Mart with few promotions because of how sexist they were.

Hope you found a much better replacement job.

#23 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22230 posts) - - Show Bio

I will never let anyone fire me. I will quit first >_>

#24 Edited by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Nope. Everyone likes me.

You can't be like by everybody and that is fine the sooner you realise it the better.

#25 Posted by gumflabica (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Well, I am a professional nutcase with violent tendancies... what is that called again... oh, yes! A psycho! That explains why I've never worked with you beofre! Different departments, and such...

#26 Posted by gumflabica (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: Yeah. I'm liked by everybody but the people who are too jealous to realize they love me. I sick the myspace users onto them.

#27 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@gumflabica: Oh! So you work in the east wing of the Professional Nutcase office then? =O I work at the west wing that keeps the dancing zucchinis and the banana boats in check. You never know when someone will try to break in with a sea bear! 0.0

#28 Posted by The Stegman (24364 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24776 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.

#30 Posted by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by RisingBean (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Wow. Just...wow.

As for me, never. Got laid off once.

#32 Posted by Joygirl (19925 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by The Stegman (24364 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by RisingBean (3971 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: If that is the case you need to get a cameraman to follow you around and star in a reality tv show.

#35 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller: hahaha I guess I'm lucky Target never hired me. I would apply and apply back then when I was 18.

Oh and I just remembered, I resigned once but the AWEsome manager wrote it off that I got fired. What a douche huh. I even kept working hard my last two weeks.

Funny thing is that manager asked me if I was down to work with them again. I'm a good worker. I'm not bragging but I do work. My problem is though that I need to be doing something or I'll find something "unproductive" to do.

Plus, I'm no good at biting my tongue but I prefer subliminals XD

#36 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

As all of the jobs I have ever had were all volunteer jobs, no.

#37 Posted by modunhanul (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, TWICE.

#38 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been "fired" but I was "let go" from a job in July for the simple reason of being the most recent person to be hired.

#39 Posted by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: How am I being douchy?

Your answer was a cheeky answer instead of just clam syaing it was a joke. The use of "..." and then "man" seems like you think I am some kind of idiot.

#40 Posted by longbowhunter (7077 posts) - - Show Bio

I was once fired for eating two Hershey Kisses. Yep, there's more to the story but that's ultimately what got me fired.

#41 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't have A Job, probably will get fired though when i get one, not competitive enough

#42 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4730 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been fired. I have an impeccable work ethic.

@tupiaz: Let it go.

#43 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Got let go after a month because I just turned sixteen at the the time and they wanted someone younger so they didn't have to pay more for me. It was at a DVD rental place and i bawled my eyes out when I got the call because I really loved the job.

#44 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Thrice. I was a kid then so fawk it. When you get older and live on your own, you see things differently.

#45 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Thrice. I was a kid then so fawk it. When you get older and live on your own, you see things differently.

#46 Edited by Cr4pSnip3r (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Nope. I quit twice in a row. First time because I strangled a co-worker almost into unconsciousness on camera and was gonna be fired soon anyway. Second time because I had just ended my affair with the manager.

I feel like this is a reference to something.

#47 Posted by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: I have. He asked a question and gave him an answer. No reason for you to get involved.

#48 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4730 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: You honestly want to appear the Internet victim, right? and the person who doesn't throw out the first insult? Let's look at the transcripts and break it all down.

The Stegman: Nope. Everyone likes me.
tupiaz: You can't be like by everybody and that is fine the sooner you realise it the better.
The Stegman: It was a joke man.
tupiaz: No need to be douchey about it.
The Stegman: How am I being douchy?
tupiaz: Your answer was a cheeky answer instead of just clam syaing it was a joke. The use of "..." and then "man" seems like you think I am some kind of idiot.
Me: Let it go.

You responded in open forum to someone who wasn't talking to you in the first place, which is why I responded with "let it go." But congratulations on calling yourself an idiot. A million Internet rewards.

#49 Posted by HolySerpent (12537 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4730 posts) - - Show Bio