• 147 results
#101 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

I get bullied ocassionally but it doesn't matter to me cause they only can harm me with physical pain which will heal and they are the ones who will get punished.

#102 Edited by SOG7dc (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer:

bragging? I wasn't bragging. I was pointing out that they made fun of me for not making the same choices or having the same interests as them and the choices they made wound them up in their present situations and the ones I made landed me in college. am I happy my family members are in those predicaments? no. but was I right? yeah.

yes your friends do have a big influence but its the choices you make that lead to what kinds of friends you keep. for example I love my cousins like theyre my brothers but when they were going to drink or smoke. I stayed at home. choices we made were different but our uprbringings were the same.

...so sociology lol psychology is the study of the human mind sociology is the study of society or an individual social institution. this institution being my family. im not about to delve into the inner working of theyre minds but I will call into question the decisions they made that are directly conflict with the upbringing

#103 Edited by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@jezer:

bragging? I wasn't bragging. I was pointing out that they made fun of me for not making the same choices or having the same interests as them and the choices they made wound them up in their present situations and the ones I made landed me in college. am I happy my family members are in those predicaments? no. but was I right? yeah.

yes your friends do have a big influence but its the choices you make that lead to what kinds of friends you keep. for example I love my cousins like theyre my brothers but when they were going to drink or smoke. I stayed at home. choices we made were different but our uprbringings were the same.

...so sociology lol psychology is the study of the human mind sociology is the study of society or an individual social institution. this institution being my family. im not about to delve into the inner working of theyre minds but I will call into question the decisions they made that are directly conflict with the upbringing

"But was I right? yeah" < Bragging that you were right. "Game. Set. Match." is what you said. When you symbolize/imply your lives as a game, and your different outcomes as a victory for yourself and a defeat for them, that's bragging. Game Set Match means you're announcing your own victory. That's bragging. Lol

That's not even correct lol There are a host of factors that influence how you choose your friends. Which also depends on what stage of life you are in. There are a host of factors that influence your principles and standards and when you actually start applying them to hanging out with people. There are also a host of factors that influence the choices you make. And like I already said, your upbringing includes your friends -- even before you had a more active, principle based role in choosing your friends. In other words, you have it backwards. Environment/Circumstances > Choices > more Environmental Circumstances. Last, no entire upbringing is the same. Even siblings with in the same family have different upbringings relative to their role(younger brother vs older borther vs sister) in the family and the difference of choices and trial and error that their parents go through between raising an older brother and a brother. Strong unaware of what nurture actually encompasses.

....no, so social psychology. You don't seem to know what Psychology encompasses, I said this about Cameron but its also true about you...you don't seem to know much about Psychology. Psychology has several different branches. For example, Abnormal, Cognitive, Biological, Cultural, and Social. There are more. Here's a link,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_psychology

Even by your own definition, your specific, individual family is not an institution. lol Families and family life and their role in society, in general, is an institution. One specific family is not and the influencing factors within it are not.

#104 Edited by SOG7dc (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

y

thats not bragging to me. that's just factual. and youre nitpicking now. they did x and ended up in the red I did y and ended up in the green. that's factual. a little coy yes but playful nonetheless

"That's not even correct lol There are a host of factors that influence how you choose your friends. Which also depends on what stage of life you are in. There are a host of factors that influence your principles and standards and when you actually start applying them to hanging out with people. There are also a host of factors that influence the choices you make. And like I already said, your upbringing includes your friends -- even before you had a more active, principle based role in choosing your friends. In other words, you have it backwards. Environment/Circumstances > Choices > more Environmental Circumstances. Last, no entire upbringing is the same. Even siblings with in the same family have different upbringings relative to their role(younger brother vs older borther vs sister) in the family and the difference of choices and trial and error that their parents go through between raising an older brother and a brother. Strong unaware of what nurture actually encompasses."

so we don't make our own choices? fact is that we had the same rearing, the same home environments, the same guidelines, held to the same standards. and yet they chose to go one route (a route they were forewarned about) and I chose a different one. and how is what I said incorrect? the choices we make in life directly lead to what kind of friends we keep. that's factual. if I choose to go to church my friends will likely be Christian. if I choose to go to an adult video store my friends will likely have....different interests than the ones id find at a church. explain to me how that way of thinking is "incorrect"

....YOU don't seem to much about sociology. as I said before, sociology is the study of society or social institutions families are social institutions if I conduct a case study of a single mother and her kids that's a sociological experiment im taking a sociology class now. I literally have my HW right next to me I think I have an idea of what im talking about. the way my professor explained it just a week ago "psychology is the man sociology is the men" and don't you dare use Wikipedia as a credible source for anything.

quote from a grad student at FSU on the topics of families in sociology:

"....The family is generally regarded as a major social institution and a locus of much of a person's social activity. It is a social unit created by blood, marriage, or adoption, and can be described as nuclear (parents and children) or extended (encompassing other relatives)."

#105 Edited by w0nd (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

In high school by all means I should have been bullied, but by my luck they took a liking to my nerdy charm. The one kid in elementary school who bullied me i punched in the nose one day, and funny thing is later on in highschool we became friends.

I was however called white, because I spoke with proper grammar (I know my typing skills suck when it comes to that) I just spoke like a regular person, and this made me white.

#106 Edited by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

y

thats not bragging to me. that's just factual. and youre nitpicking now. they did x and ended up in the red I did y and ended up in the green. that's factual. a little coy yes but playful nonetheless

"That's not even correct lol There are a host of factors that influence how you choose your friends. Which also depends on what stage of life you are in. There are a host of factors that influence your principles and standards and when you actually start applying them to hanging out with people. There are also a host of factors that influence the choices you make. And like I already said, your upbringing includes your friends -- even before you had a more active, principle based role in choosing your friends. In other words, you have it backwards. Environment/Circumstances > Choices > more Environmental Circumstances. Last, no entire upbringing is the same. Even siblings with in the same family have different upbringings relative to their role(younger brother vs older borther vs sister) in the family and the difference of choices and trial and error that their parents go through between raising an older brother and a brother. Strong unaware of what nurture actually encompasses."

so we don't make our own choices? fact is that we had the same rearing, the same home environments, the same guidelines, held to the same standards. and yet they chose to go one route (a route they were forewarned about) and I chose a different one. and how is what I said incorrect? the choices we make in life directly lead to what kind of friends we keep. that's factual. if I choose to go to church my friends will likely be Christian. if I choose to go to an adult video store my friends will likely have....different interests than the ones id find at a church. explain to me how that way of thinking is "incorrect"

....YOU don't seem to much about sociology. as I said before, sociology is the study of society or social institutions families are social institutions if I conduct a case study of a single mother and her kids that's a sociological experiment im taking a sociology class now. I literally have my HW right next to me I think I have an idea of what im talking about. the way my professor explained it just a week ago "psychology is the man sociology is the men" and don't you dare use Wikipedia as a credible source for anything.

"....The family is generally regarded as a major social institution and a locus of much of a person's social activity. It is a social unit created by blood, marriage, or adoption, and can be described as nuclear (parents and children) or extended (encompassing other relatives)."

Lol that's not nitpicking. We can agree to disagree, but proclaiming Game Set Match about an imaginary victory where you were right and they were wrong, instead of simply stating what happened to them and what happened to you, is bragging by any definition lol.

The fact is that unless you guys were also in all the same social/friend groups from the age you were 5, you guys did not have same environment. The fact is that you have no idea of interactions they may have had with your family that may be different from yours. The fact is also that personality and genetic factors also influence how you choose your friends.(Nature and nurture) What you're saying is akin to saying something like, "Me and my brother came from the same parents. So we have the exact same genes and exact same genetic makeup!" Coming from the same parents does not make you genetic clone(generally). Coming from the same household does not give you the exact same upbringing or environment. Now here's what you wanted me to explain to you: your way of thinking is incorrect because you are not properly accounting for how your environment(and nature) influences those choices in the first place. Like I said, yes your choices influence your environment. Like I also said, your environment/past experiences in your environment influences your choices before you even have the luxury of choosing your own environments. Check my very last point in this post for an example.

I've taken a sociology class. Do you realize that there are case studies in both Psychology and Sociology? I can perform a Psychology case study of a single mother and her kids, as well. The difference is the inferences made and the factors they look at. Sociology tries to make inferences about institutions and society, which is what we've already agreed about. This isn't sociology because I'm not making an inference about society based on your family, I'm telling you about the different nuances within the different members of your family. Sociology even looks at specific families on a larger scale than how psychologists analyze them.

Here is the main difference between Sociology and Social Psychology: Social Psychology of generalizations is Sociology. Everything you guys analyze and deduce in Sociology comes from the fundamental nuances we note in Psychology that you guys make less technical and then generalize. This illustrates even our different approaches to your understanding of "upbringing" and "environment". You're like, "We're from the same family, we have the same upbringing." I'm like, "Look at it closer, you guys do not have the same upbringing. Environment goes deeper to Classical and Operant Conditioning" You illustrate the very flaw that distinguishes Social Psychology from Sociology. Btw- Wikipedia is reliable for basic information that is essentially common knowledge in a given field.

Last, this link below blows everything you're saying about choices out of the water

http://exploringthemind.com/the-mind/brain-scans-can-reveal-your-decisions-7-seconds-before-you-decide

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/04/mind_decision

Your very own conscious choices are greatly influenced and basically determined by your subconscious before you are consciously aware. For the type of "deliberate" decisions in the experiment, it was 7 seconds beforehand that they could predict participants choices based on the workings of their brain/subconscious mind. You know what influences your subconscious(which goes on to influence your choices)? The neural pathways and other stuff that develop based on your environment. Past experiences based on past environments/past situations, and genetics.

...you done now?

#107 Posted by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

lol i went through that same thing. and guess what. now im in college. and the ones who made fun of me?

age 30- living with his mother

age 18- in jail

age32- living with mom

Game. Set. Match.

Those morons have no idea the path (or should I say cycle) that they follow. They just blindly do LESS than the bare minimum.

They all follow the same pathetic,stupid cycle blindly.They are illogical idiots who seem to NOT CARE that they are basically putting themselves in a deeper rut.They have no idea the importance school has,not only that but they seem to intentionally make things worse for themselves and not give a damn.They live in the now with no look for tomorrow (really stupid thing to do,but they don't really think or use logic at all).Look how well it works out for them all.

And this is just academics.They simply don't care and don't use logic,like at all. (many of them can barely speak english correctly).

Sorry to say,but life would have so much more value without people like them littered on this earth (and emphasis on littered).

Some people wake up to reality,others continue to live in their illogical little world that blocks out fact and logic.

Your post sounds very ignorant of basic Psychology.

Do you know what degree people are influenced by their upbringing and social environment? Its smarter to focus on why they don't care and behave that way, instead of criticizing them for simply exhibiting behavior that is reinforced and elicited from the environment. And actually, reality is not objective. Your reality(which you refer to as simply "reality") is actually just your own little world.

The inability to recognize other "realities" seems to be something you share in common with the people you described.

Um,while I do know that they were heavily influenced by their upbringings,I also know those people personally better than you do....

and I guess you are right in the sense of it being better to see why they behaved that way...but I knew that there were people in similar situations that also behaved nothing like them (well I guess people just react differently to different situations),but I still don't really see why they think that that's an excuse for them to beleaguer others.

And you were also right in the sense of the influence of their environments,but as I said,some members of my family did it as well (but again,influences)....but still,that doesn't really make their actions acceptable and I know that there are people who grew up and were influenced by similar environments that had a much stronger sense of morality.Then again,I can't really say that they were influenced to the same degree or that they would react to things the same way....

But still,that doesn't really mean that their actions were acceptable or that they weren't taught and raised to understand basic morals (I don't really like talking about morals,but where they/we grew up we at least had some sense of what was found acceptable...although I think morals might be a bit subjective). Some people didn't act the same way that others have acted......I mean,they were all at the very least,taught similar basics (by their mothers,who all had similar beliefs) of what was "right" and what was "wrong".

#108 Edited by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

All I will Say is 'yes'

#109 Posted by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer:

But still,I suppose you are mostly right.The only part that I am excluding from you being correct in,is the part that I am confused in.

Why did they act the way they did,meanwhile people with similar upbringings and even the same influences acted completely different than they did?

I mean,maybe some of their brothers or sisters heard or discovered things outside of what they did,so maybe they had outside/different influences,but still.....

#110 Edited by SOG7dc (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@sog7dc said:

y

Lol that's not nitpicking. We can agree to disagree, but proclaiming Game Set Match about an imaginary victory where you were right and they were wrong, instead of simply stating what happened to them and what happened to you, is bragging by any definition lol.

The fact is that unless you guys were also in all the same social/friend groups from the age you were 5, you guys did not have same environment. The fact is that you have no idea of interactions they may have had with your family that may be different from yours. The fact is also that personality and genetic factors also influence how you choose your friends.(Nature and nurture) What you're saying is akin to saying something like, "Me and my brother came from the same parents. So we have the exact same genes and exact same genetic makeup!" Coming from the same parents does not make you genetic clone(generally). Coming from the same household does not give you the exact same upbringing or environment. Now here's what you wanted me to explain to you: your way of thinking is incorrect because you are not properly accounting for how your environment(and nature) influences those choices in the first place. Like I said, yes your choices influence your environment. Like I also said, your environment/past experiences in your environment influences your choices before you even have the luxury of choosing your own environments. Check my very last point in this post for an example.

I've taken a sociology class. Do you realize that there are case studies in both Psychology and Sociology? I can perform a Psychology case study of a single mother and her kids, as well. The difference is the inferences made and the factors they look at. Sociology tries to make inferences about institutions and society, which is what we've already agreed about. This isn't sociology because I'm not making an inference about society based on your family, I'm telling you about the different nuances within the different members of your family. Sociology even looks at specific families on a larger scale than how psychologists analyze them.

Here is the main difference between Sociology and Social Psychology: Social Psychology of generalizations is Sociology. Everything you guys analyze and deduce in Sociology comes from the fundamental nuances we note in Psychology that you guys make less technical and then generalize. This illustrates even our different approaches to your understanding of "upbringing" and "environment". You're like, "We're from the same family, we have the same upbringing." I'm like, "Look at it closer, you guys do not have the same upbringing. Environment goes deeper to Classical and Operant Conditioning" You illustrate the very flaw that distinguishes Social Psychology from Sociology. Btw- Wikipedia is reliable for basic information that is essentially common knowledge in a given field.

Last, this link below blows everything you're saying about choices out of the water

http://exploringthemind.com/the-mind/brain-scans-can-reveal-your-decisions-7-seconds-before-you-decide

Your very own conscious choices are greatly influenced and basically determined by your subconscious before you are consciously aware. For the type of "deliberate" decisions in the experiment, it was 7 seconds beforehand that they could predict participants choices based on the workings of their brain/subconscious mind. You know what influences your subconscious(which goes on to influence your choices)? The neural pathways and other stuff that develop based on your environment. Past experiences based on past environments/past situations, and genetics.

...you done now?

I wont respond to rudeness. if you cant be more respectful then that this debate is over.

#111 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

lol i went through that same thing. and guess what. now im in college. and the ones who made fun of me?

age 18- in jail

age32- living with mom

Game. Set. Match.

Those morons have no idea the path (or should I say cycle) that they follow. They just blindly do LESS than the bare minimum.

They all follow the same pathetic,stupid cycle blindly.They are illogical idiots who seem to NOT CARE that they are basically putting themselves in a deeper rut.They have no idea the importance school has,not only that but they seem to intentionally make things worse for themselves and not give a damn.They live in the now with no look for tomorrow (really stupid thing to do,but they don't really think or use logic at all).Look how well it works out for them all.

And this is just academics.They simply don't care and don't use logic,like at all. (many of them can barely speak english correctly).

Sorry to say,but life would have so much more value without people like them littered on this earth (and emphasis on littered).

Some people wake up to reality,others continue to live in their illogical little world that blocks out fact and logic.

Do you know what degree people are influenced by their upbringing and social environment? Its smarter to focus on why they don't care and behave that way, instead of criticizing them for simply exhibiting behavior that is reinforced and elicited from the environment. And actually, reality is not objective. Your reality(which you refer to as simply "reality") is actually just your own little world.

The inability to recognize other "realities" seems to be something you share in common with the people you described.

Um,while I do know that they were heavily influenced by their upbringings,I also know those people personally better than you do....

and I guess you are right in the sense of it being better to see why they behaved that way...but I knew that there were people in similar situations that also behaved nothing like them (well I guess people just react differently to different situations),but I still don't really see why they think that that's an excuse for them to beleaguer others.

And you were also right in the sense of the influence of their environments,but as I said,some members of my family did it as well (but again,influences)....but still,that doesn't really make their actions acceptable and I know that there are people who grew up and were influenced by similar environments that had a much stronger sense of morality.Then again,I can't really say that they were influenced to the same degree or that they would react to things the same way....

But still,that doesn't really mean that their actions were acceptable or that they weren't taught and raised to understand basic morals (I don't really like talking about morals,but where they/we grew up we at least had some sense of what was found acceptable...although I think morals might be a bit subjective). Some people didn't act the same way that others have acted......I mean,they were all at the very least,taught similar basics (by their mothers,who all had similar beliefs) of what was "right" and what was "wrong".

You hit the nail on the head with your compromises, people react differently to different situations. Though, there are large trends where most people act the same in the same situation.

I think the important thing to remember is that at the end of the day, there are brief events in every given person's life that may influence them more than other people know. Those events can combine with other events or lead to future events that domino and do the same to influence how and why they are. Can you even be positive about the family life and life events of these other high school students?

Even things like innate intelligence and personality influenced them to become who they are. You may react to an event or a life lesson in some way, a stupider person may another way. A person with a different personality may another. A person who never had a father may another. A person with an abusive father may have another. A person without a big brother may have another.

Yes, what they did(from what you've said) is stupid or unacceptable. Yet how can you really blame them for being stupider or less focused as you? As long as you recognize that its only partially their fault.

#112 Posted by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:

@cameron83 said:

@jezer said:

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

age 18- in jail

age32- living with mom

Game. Set. Match.

You hit the nail on the head with your compromises, people react differently to different situations. Though, there are large trends where most people act the same in the same situation.

I think the important thing to remember is that at the end of the day, there are brief events in every given person's life that may influence them more than other people know. Those events can combine with other events or lead to future events that domino and do the same to influence how and why they are. Can you even be positive about the family life and life events of these other high school students?

Even things like innate intelligence and personality influenced them to become who they are. You may react to an event or a life lesson in some way, a stupider person may another way. A person with a different personality may another. A person who never had a father may another. A person with an abusive father may have another. A person without a big brother may have another.

Yes, what they did(from what you've said) is stupid or unacceptable. Yet how can you really blame them for being stupider or less focused as you? As long as you recognize that its only partially their fault.

I understand and you're right.Perhaps if they grew up with completely different influences then they could've turned out for the better.Some things might have been the same,and other things could have been different.

#113 Edited by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't decide which way I wanted to respond, so I'll just lay them all out.

@sog7dc said:

@jezer said:

...you done now?

Yes

Okay.

@sog7dc said:
@jezer said:

...you done now?

I wont respond to rudeness. if you cant be more respectful then that this debate is over.

This debate was actually over when you tried to debate someone using a Sociological perspective - the softest of social sciences. Then it was over again when I posted my last link

@sog7dc said:
@jezer said:

...you done now?

Sorry for my rudeness. But even if you wanted to respond, what could you actually even say to continue this debate? lol

@sog7dc said:
@jezer said:

...you done now?

I apologize. Thanks for the discussion.

#114 Edited by SOG7dc (7231 posts) - - Show Bio
#115 Edited by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand and you're right.Perhaps if they grew up with completely different influences then they could've turned out for the better.Some things might have been the same,and other things could have been different.

I request the highest of fives

For your time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XIuitrUYPo

#116 Posted by cameron83 (7345 posts) - - Show Bio

@jezer said:
@cameron83 said:

I request the highest of fives

For your time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XIuitrUYPo

I just slapped my computer screen lol...and good song.

#117 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Elementary school? Yep. Massively. I was a little twerp, with glasses on, didn't know much about reality, was taunted constanty.

Middle school? Ended up fighting one of the kids, and got sent into an alternate school for ADHD and such.

Alternate school = Made a massive change. Not for them, but a massive maturity change. Went into a semi-punk stage, learned how to fight back.

High school = Completely different attitude. Was up front, different, and I didn't give a damn. I wasn't popular, but I wasn't hated. Anyone who did have a problem, I always made it up front that I'd gladly allow them to say it to my face. Never happened, but I always put it out there.

Graduated like, four weeks ago. Pretty damn fond on how I left. People may have disliked me, but I made sure none of them had the balls to ever say it to me.

#119 Posted by SOG7dc (7231 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by Jezer (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@jezer:

....grow up

Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

#121 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Who hasn't"?

#122 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullied throughout kindergarten, elementary school, and middle school.

Kindergarten was okay. I was bullied because this kid thought I was not cool enough, and throughout kindergarten, he did not let me into the playground. I had enough, so as soon I got into the top of the playground, he tried to get me out, but I pushed him over, and then he started crying (of course I got in trouble after that lol). He never bothered me again after that.

Elementary school was okay too. In first grade, this kid was bulling me because he thought i was weak. I got mad, so I punched him in the nose. Funny thing was that I did not get in trouble, HE did. My teacher saw everything and punished that kid, and he was held back a grade. Also in the first grade, this second grader was making fun of me because he thought he was smarter of me due to the grade I was in. I got mad, and I pushed him off the monkey bars because he was in the top. He started crying and never bothered me again.

Middle School was a pain though. Kids were bulling me because they though of me as weak and easy to pick on. They bullied me all the way through middle school. The Funny thing is that they never went to the graduation ceremony due to low grades. I call that irony right there. When I was a sophomore in high school, I learned that those kids got into trouble with some gangs.

High school was pretty good. The school I went to tolerated bullying. Made a few friends and it was smooth sailing from there. Now I am in college in second year and I look back and I say, "Man, they were stupid".

#123 Posted by superstay (9840 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Yeah, I was bullied by a neighborhood kid when I was younger. One day I kicked him in the stomach and he stopped after that.

Side kick to be specific (Tae Kwon Do)

d^_^b

#124 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, then bullied to stop getting bullied.

That choice was so smart right, I'm a genius.

#125 Posted by The_Bear_of_100_Acre_Woods (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to get it bad for being Darker thn the other kids

#126 Edited by Project_Worm (3407 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope... Well there was this one time in 1st grade where a kid accused me of eating his crayons and tried to mock me about it. NOne of the other kids joined in and I punched him in the throat to shut 'em up... That's as close to getting bullied as I've ever gotten.

#127 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading these stories saddens me. Bullying is really a terrible, terrible thing and the effects are deep for all involved.

Best advice I read is to not keep quiet. Say something. In fact, talk about it all the time, to everyone in your life -- from friends to sisters to uncles to mothers to teachers and coaches, etc.

Also, when you see bullying -- stand up and say something as well. At the very least, make it known that you see what is happening, that you are witnessing it. Don't act as though you (or the people involved in the bullying incident) is invisible.

Bullying is pervasive in society -- not just during school years. It's everywhere and should always be pointed out. It needs to stop.

#128 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah older kids took their shots at me just like they did to everyone else. but i knew, that their parents probably didn't raise them or love them as well as my parents had raised and brought me up. that they were dealt the crappy hand in life. it would've almost been funny to me if i didn't feel so sorry for them all. junior high were the worst years in my life because of kids like that. and man did i hate them. but i knew :)

#129 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Got bullied by students and teachers.

Told other teachers and was sent to counselling... where the confidential information about me circled through the teacher's lounge and gossips there decided to tell students leading to further bullying.

Led to me carrying a pair of scissors in my pocket at all times in order to kill myself if it got too much or to stab someone in the eye who deserved it.

#130 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Like a lot of people I was bullied, and still am from time to time, but have learned to rise above it.

#131 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: got suspended for standing up for yourself? that's some major major B.S.

#132 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@danvader64: yup and that was 10th grade. he last year I got into a physical confrontation at school. but not the last time I was bullied though

#133 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio
#134 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Edited by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

the high school plague can still be found in most places even here on comicvine.

next time you go to work,or view any commonly assembled group of people look for these groups

the "ones who assume they better and more important than everybody else" popular people (stuck up pricks)

the people everybody likes to gang up on and treat like crap

the quiet people who nobody cares about

the people who act nice and kiss everybody's ass but really deep down are selfish pricks

the nice people (very rare)

the non sheep people who speak there minds and don't kiss everybody's asses

#136 Edited by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, in elementary school and middle school.

High school is when things changed.

Freshman year, I managed to befriend the most popular seniors on campus. No one touched me. Sophmore year, I moved, made friends, the school was really relaxed, so it wasn't an issue. Junior year, I moved again, and I had a potential problem. To avoid being messed with, when said person was messing with me, I told him, "Shut up, or I'll suck your lungs out through your nose."

Junior year and Senior year were quiet after that.

I still managed to be somewhat well liked, too. Threats of violence really do solve everything.

#138 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@innersuperman: Yeah, if only I'd been a hero like you, I might've gotten by. I just need the balls to act like a big man on the internet.

#139 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, mostly in primary school

#140 Posted by Strider92 (16500 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I have never been bullied and surprisingly I lived in France from the age of 11-19 and i'm English. Why the hell the French didn't tear me a new one i'll never know they must just be genuinely nice people lol!

#141 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Got bullied by students and teachers.

Told other teachers and was sent to counselling... where the confidential information about me circled through the teacher's lounge and gossips there decided to tell students leading to further bullying.

Led to me carrying a pair of scissors in my pocket at all times in order to kill myself if it got too much or to stab someone in the eye who deserved it.

Aw damn, I feel bad for you now. That's pretty messed up.

#142 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Edited by lilben42 (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

No. But I'm still in school. I'm not one of the cool kids because all they do is talk bad about everyone, I kind of do my own thing like I am just friends with everyone that is nice to me.

#144 Posted by Royal_Rumble_Man (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh elementary school, got my buds and we ganged up on that big brute

tin pencil cases

#145 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

i started to become a bully early in highschool then wised up and defended people from being bullied. i played football and was in band so i had friends on all social spectrums. being a relatively big guy I prevented a lot of jocks/morons/thugs from picking on "nerds". now i have a job in law enforcement and continue to defend people from sH*t heads :D

#146 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been bullied for my muscle weakness (i. e. not being able to run as fast on the track but still participating even though i knew i'd always come in last etc.) and for plenty other petty stuff. For the most part i ended up becoming friends with them, suppose they acknowledged my iron will in some way. I thought to myself that if I'd give in and didn't take part in those kind of sports that i would accept their views and accept defeat. I have too much pride and honor to simply accept defeat for how far i came. I suppose the cause for my will began with my dream (goal in life) that i had when i was 7(the time of my parents divorce), one which follows me to this day and forever will. It ain't even anything that great and unachieveable but it's one of the only things i will never compensate for. Another reason why i suppose i did it was for my friends and family. If i simply gave up i know some of them would have been demotivated, disapointed or otherwise let down. The result ended in never being bullied again after around 7th grade (from which day on I've been undisputed class rep, except for one year when i was in a coma in between).

If you have any goal worth a damn to yourself, and even if it is to hold your breath for 3 minutes, stick to it. Any bully, sickness or other bad times in your life are just obstacles on your way to the goal. I finished my internship last week and I've been taken over, I'm almost at my goal. The key really is just to never ever give up.

#147 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhood21: way to go

thanks :) and your story is very inspiring. nothing can stop an iron will! I hope you reach your goal!

#149 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

No I'm a nerd but I've been 6'3 since the 10 th grade and I was cool with the gangsters from my neighborhood. I was quiet, kept to myself so people mistook it for being scared.

I had a guy step to me with 6 dudes because I had an argument with his girl. He thought it was sweet, I laughed and said " stay right here" and came back 5 minutes later with 20 of my friends. He quickly backed down and copped a plea for mercy , I made him empty his pockets to keep from taking a vicious ass whipping and never had a problem again the rest of my high school career.

#150 Posted by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

I was one of the cool kids.

moi aussi