• 146 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Dude use to sit behind me and class and pluck my ears and stuff everyday. Then one day i turned around through the desk into his legs and punched him in the face needless to say he never did it again.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@cameron83: Dude you described everything I was going to say. I got called Whiteboy because I loved rock, pop and some drum and bass, and enjoyed Skateboarding as well.

I guess it's sad how ignorant,illogical and bigoted/biased some people are,huh?

Well,I guess I can also say immature as well.....

sniff I wish I could skateboard!

Mirror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Mirror

I was bullied my whole school carrier started in kindergarden ended after highschool .
I was bullied with different things but the main reasons were:
a dead father "hahaha you have no dad!!" or "pang,pang,pang"
I'm born with one leg and I use a prothetic leg so the other kids back then
mimic the way I walk, and when I was fourteen and in high school I lost my eye and they found a new bullying reason. they often push me from the stairs.
calling me names, slapped,kicked me, spitted on me, you name it.
luckely for me my bullies live in annother area of my city and after highschool I never saw them again

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Yeah I was, until I dropped out and started being homeschooled. Used to come home with deep scratchmarks and stuff.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yes. Not psychical, just verbal. Never let it affect me.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nope, never.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes until I hit puberty

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I used to be fat in middle school 7-8th grade. The kids would try to make fun of me but my comebacks were to good. So naturally I was a god to them. Til I became skinny again and I got less funny.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was bullied alot when I was younger. Just because I was there.

:(

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Throughout high school. On and off. Happened more times than not. Usually rumours the popular kids made up... and everyone believes them.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 juiceboks  Moderator

Throughout middle school and a little bit in elementary. It was mostly verbal bullying though. Nothing physical. I was always regarded as one of the strongest and best at wrestling in my class(having a brother 8 years older than you has some perks) so no one tried anything stupid. Well..there was that one kid..but one punch and he learned quick.

PartialSanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PartialSanity

Nope. Not only was I never bullied, I helped out people in who were on their way to getting bullied.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Once in middle school, twice in college, and once during Tech School pipeline. I was quiet and reserved when I was younger, until I finally fought back. The middle school event escalated over the course of several months with things gradually getting worse. I was afraid to fight back because the Columbine tragedy had just occurred, and, as I'm sure all schools were like, there was a zero tolerance immediate suspension blah blah type policy. Additionally, my martial arts master seriously punished those who used what he taught to hurt others (keep in mind I was young and figured "hurt" applied to hitting back when defending yourself, I didn't realize he meant initiating) and I did not want that to happen to me. But one day I'd had enough and the other kid and I had at it in the gym locker room. I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good. After that I was left alone, even throughout high school. So now if people put their hands on me (words are words and I could care less) I make sure they don't do that again. Although I did get in fairly serious trouble for the training incident.

I don't get the movement to teach kids to not stand up for themselves.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Aiden Cross

Yes. Until i fought him. Diplomacy at that age will only get you so far.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i'm pretty fortunate since most the football team i'm on LOVES comics and video games. I did have a bully once he made fun of me for being fat with his friends and one day I looked at him with a hateful stare and said '' You make fun of me to my face like a man or back off'' Well it worked haha.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

When I was first grade or second yes but after that I became one of the cool kids and till today I still am.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really was. I went to all boys catholic military school from 6th to 12 grade. Some kids were assholes but thats kids for ya. ANd DAMN this makes me realize public schools really need to actually take so freaking action. THis shit is unaccepatble. And for all you who getting bullied fight back with logic, if your a chick and the popular bitches say you'll never get laid or some crap like that come back with least I'm not a skank screwing every guy in sight. Least I'll end up with a husband not an STD. And for guys, well just tell them to go screw themselves and get a life. Wow you got no life picking on me, seriously don't you have anything better to do.... Haha hope that helped. Man that felt good to vent hahaah

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

It's a terrible thing for anyone to go through so through personal experience, I cannot express how important it is NOT to remain quiet about it. I made that mistake the hard way but it will benefit you to speak out. Retaliating in a physical sense will not always solve your problems unless you know... you beat the other kid to a bloody pulp.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By martyyy15

@deranged_midget:

They reallly need to step up enforcement of this in public schools. The story of the kid getting bullied cause he God forbid was born with one leg. Woopdee fracking doooo....This needs to be addressed by teachers and staff.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martyyy15: The biggest problem as I addressed as the majority of kids tend to remain quiet out of fear. Teachers and guardians sometimes have no idea what may be going on because nothing is said and therefore, they are limited in how they can act.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

I'm sure this happens in classrooms and in hallways. Get teachers out there to watch them cause apparently they are too damn immature to be left alone for a minute without making some kid who was born diferently feel like shit. That is unacceptable. And gay bullying pisses me off too ( and I'm someone who is against gay marriage and could be considered a homophobe, the love the sinner hate the sin type that is). Leave people alone argh. If this ever happens to my kid ( I'm only 20 now lol) there will be consequences

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k:

Just counter the insults they say with facts. THat will shut them up. OR say REALLY your bullyin me, aren't you a bit old for that crap? Maybe you should get a life and leave me alone. Or you can try and freind them ( AKA troll their ass) by saying I know your all alone and that is why you pick on me, but I'll be your freind. Even though you have very low self esteem. A little reverse trolling never hurts. And it will get them off your back. Hope this helps bro :)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martyyy15: I hear you, but that's the problem. Teachers and guardians can't be following a select few children around at all times. Teachers especially just don't have the time to do so at every point of the day. Sadly, some kids are just unrealistically immature and find some sick pleasure in teasing those who may seem more quiet and left out from their social groups.

Additionally, this type of nature extends even into adulthood. No one seems to want to stop a fight that happens in public. It's some weird behaviour that they stand idle and watch as events unfold rather than just stepping in before something bad happens.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

What they need to do is have teachers actually in the halways to watch what goes on in there. And Yeah lots of bullies grow up to become abusive husbands, and thosee type of men piss me off even more than bullies do.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Deranged Midget

@martyyy15: I don't think it can solely be directed towards men alone as either gender have been fully capable of bullying the other as well but I can see your point.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By martyyy15

@deranged_midget:

Well abusive and controlling wives as well. I mean women who make other girls feel like crap often are the ones who are labled whores and end up alone. And when they do get married they are controlling and horrible wives and mothers

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Deranged Midget

@martyyy15: I wouldn't agree with that completely. Some women may be condescending and arrogant at a young age due to immaturity alone, but that doesn't dictate that they can't grow out of it. This can be directly related to men as well.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By martyyy15
martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

YEs that is true in some cases. But in most if you get pleasure out of hurting someone else that pattern is most likley to carry on into adulthood. Behavior patterns formed during teen years often stay with people. THat is when they decide what they like or don't like. As well as their system of morals and ethics

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martyyy15: It's not entirely uncommon but yes, sometimes that behaviour may follow a person throughout their adulthood as they don't know any better.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

Well if you form your ethics around your behavior and actions. ANd you see nothing wrong with bullying logically it follows that pattern of behavior will follow into adulthood. THe only thing preventing it being fear of the authroitys or negative effects it may have on oneself ( such as getting fired from a job)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a terrible thing for anyone to go through so through personal experience, I cannot express how important it is NOT to remain quiet about it. I made that mistake the hard way but it will benefit you to speak out. Retaliating in a physical sense will not always solve your problems unless you know... you beat the other kid to a bloody pulp.

I guess that was the thing I thought would work. I was too quiet about it, used humour to cover it up in front of friends. I was good at it too. I'm not being quiet about it anymore. I had to make major changes in the past 4 years. I've never felt better now. I guess "What don't kill you, makes you stronger" holds true.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess that was the thing I thought would work. I was too quiet about it, used humour to cover it up in front of friends. I was good at it too. I'm not being quiet about it anymore. I had to make major changes in the past 4 years. I've never felt better now. I guess "What don't kill you, makes you stronger" holds true.

Trust me, I was the same way mate. I always hid it from my friends even my family. Never wanted anyone to worry about me for some weird reason. I became more confident as I grew older which allowed me to stand up for myself.

Glad you feel better now mate!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MonsterStomp

@deranged_midget: Thanks man. Yeah my experiences have made me compassionate for thoughs who still get bullied.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Deranged Midget
Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Yep, what really sucked was that one of the bullies was supposed to be a family friend and we had even played together as kids.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jezer

@cameron83 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cameron83:

lol i went through that same thing. and guess what. now im in college. and the ones who made fun of me?

age 30- living with his mother

age 18- in jail

age32- living with mom

Game. Set. Match.

No Caption Provided

Those morons have no idea the path (or should I say cycle) that they follow. They just blindly do LESS than the bare minimum.

They all follow the same pathetic,stupid cycle blindly.They are illogical idiots who seem to NOT CARE that they are basically putting themselves in a deeper rut.They have no idea the importance school has,not only that but they seem to intentionally make things worse for themselves and not give a damn.They live in the now with no look for tomorrow (really stupid thing to do,but they don't really think or use logic at all).Look how well it works out for them all.

And this is just academics.They simply don't care and don't use logic,like at all. (many of them can barely speak english correctly).

Sorry to say,but life would have so much more value without people like them littered on this earth (and emphasis on littered).

Some people wake up to reality,others continue to live in their illogical little world that blocks out fact and logic.

Your post sounds very ignorant of basic Psychology.

Do you know what degree people are influenced by their upbringing and social environment? Its smarter to focus on why they don't care and behave that way, instead of criticizing them for simply exhibiting behavior that is reinforced and elicited from the environment. And actually, reality is not objective. Your reality(which you refer to as simply "reality") is actually just your own little world.

The inability to recognize other "realities" seems to be something you share in common with the people you described.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By SOG7dc

@mirror:

one of my bds in highschool lost his leg in the I thin it was the sixth grade. and in order to cope he made it into a joke of his own to take the piss out of assholes. he would say things like "I lostmy leg in a tragic leg losing accident" he'd call everybody else "normies" he called himself hopscotch, half a transformer etc." one of the funniest most kind hearted people ive ever met

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@jezer:

I believe that both Cameron and I were referencing our families/family members. I certainly was. so if you were to actually read all of our posts then you would know we're not speaking of environmental products or nature v nurture as a whole. we're talking about people brought up in the same households under the same conditions that we were very primitive case study if you will. and this whole thread is more of a sociological thing than a psychological one anyway

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jezer

@sog7dc said:

@jezer:

I believe that both Cameron and I were referencing our families/family members. I certainly was. so if you were to actually read all of our posts then you would know we're not speaking of environmental products or nature v nurture as a whole. we're talking about people brought up in the same households under the same conditions that we were very primitive case study if you will. and this whole thread is more of a sociological thing than a psychological one anyway

I was addressing only Cameron's post, guess I should have made that clear.

You believe incorrectly that Cameron was simply referencing family members. Reread his posts.

@cameron83 said:

Yup.

Some kids from my old school (and some members of my family) called me "whiteboy" just because I:

1. Didn't act like some Ghetto immature idiot

2. I cared more about school work and more dedicated to my education

3. Wasn't a racist ignorant,illogical bigot

4. Just like point one,I wasn't an immature idiot. So I didn't have desperate pathetic fantasies of getting laid by women 3x my age (which is actually sad that people are that...pathetic).So basically I wasn't immature and ignorant.

So,just because I wasn't an ignorant,irrational dumbass I was beleaguered.

It caused me to be more reclusive

Some kids from his old high school begins the sentence, as the focus. "Some" members of his family is in the parenthesis, implying more of a sidenote.

Furthermore, if this posts by you only refers to your family, you need to resolve your issues if you're bragging about how they're in jail, living with you guys mom, and you're not.

@sog7dc said:

lol i went through that same thing. and guess what. now im in college. and the ones who made fun of me?

age 30- living with his mother

age 18- in jail

age32- living with mom

Game. Set. Match.

However, hypothetically, even if I was addressing you, and even if you're only talking about people in your own family, a person's environment/nurture influence consists of more than than their family. I said "upbringing and social environment". Your peers have a big influence on you, your friends, etc.

But, hypothetically, even if I was only talking about family members, everything I said applies to them. There is no difference. Your parents or siblings rejecting how you are still comes back to basic behavioral psychology, social psychology. For example, the upbringing of your parents and how they influence(directly or from a lack of influence) different behaviors in your family.

Last, I'm not addressing the whole thread. I'm addressing Cameron's post, and it falls down to social psychology. Sociology, if I remember correctly, is simply social psychology concerning groups instead of individuals. Large scale groups in society. Regardless, social psychology and sociology are essentially the same. (If I remember correctly)