• 62 results
#1 Edited by DaredevilDD78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

With Comic Con approaching, i figured some people might want to share their thoughts and experiences.

I went to San Diego Comic Con back in 2012.

#2 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

so no one on this comic forum has ever been to Comic Con??? lol

#3 Edited by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

I HAVEN'T BEEN!!! HAPPY?!!!

#4 Posted by Eisenfauste (12129 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Eisenfauste (12129 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis Has been to the one in Arizona. And nightsofdarkness or summat like that went to one. As well as several staff members, and some mods.

#6 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to. It's only a five hour drive... Pushing for it instead of the biannual Disneyland trip that usually occurs this time.

If I do go, I'm cosplaying it up.

#7 Posted by kgb725 (8635 posts) - - Show Bio

If I go ill dress up and cosplay

#8 Posted by Eisenfauste (12129 posts) - - Show Bio

Boba Fett for me.

#9 Posted by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by _Atomikill_ (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: You've been Boba Fett, or you want to be?

Me myself, I'd go as Deathstroke/Deadshot, with a slight chance of Thor/Magneto. They're pretty common, but they're awesome. Plus I'd get all in-character like some people do.

#11 Edited by thatguyyouknow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I went last year and I'm going this year.

#12 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Eisenfauste (12129 posts) - - Show Bio

@_atomikill_: Will be when I go sometime. Or I may be a spartan as in Halo Spartan-II

#14 Posted by HumanRocket (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

I was planning on going this year. Tickets were sold out in no time.

*sits patiently on laptop for 2015 Comic Con*

#15 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4471 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Eisenfauste (12129 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Joygirl (20838 posts) - - Show Bio

Has ANYONE been? Yes I'm sure some people have. I haven't. But I'm positive that people have been to ComicCon at some point.

#18 Posted by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

You're gonna go to SDCC 2015?

#19 Posted by HumanRocket (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

I just want to go to a convention period. I was thinking about going to WonderCon in Anaheim this year, but I had midterms to worry about during that week.

#20 Posted by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

I just want to go to a convention period. I was thinking about going to WonderCon in Anaheim this year, but I had midterms to worry about during that week.

Well if you do go to SDCC and I can also go I was gonna challenge you to a dance off

#dissapointed

#21 Posted by TheMetalGearZero (1368 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh... I wish I'd go to Comic Con.

#22 Posted by HumanRocket (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

Well if you do go to SDCC and I can also go I was gonna challenge you to a dance off

#dissapointed

Out of all the ways to finally end this feud, that's what you would use as a challenge?

#23 Edited by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

#dissapointed

Out of all the ways to finally end this feud, that's what you would use as a challenge?

:(

But I've been practicing. I guess we could see who can pick up a chick first.

#24 Posted by HumanRocket (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

#dissapointed

I took ballet lessons in high school. You would have lost.

How dare you! Women are not objects. To subject them as objects for sport is a disrespectful to all women on this site.

#25 Edited by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

How dare you! Women are not objects. To subject them as objects for sport is a disrespectful to all women on this site.

Well it looks like W08's training has not fully affected you. But whateve's. You probably would have won, I would have just stuttered and stared/breathed heavily from afar.

#26 Posted by HumanRocket (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Well it looks like W08's training has not fully affected you. But whateve's. You probably would have won, I would have just stuttered and stared/breathed heavily from afar.

Ahhhh so you're finally coming around and seeing my greatness in all it's worth. Good for you.

Here's a cookie. Get it before it floats away.

\

#27 Posted by SaintWildcard (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Ahhhh so you're finally coming around and seeing my greatness in all it's worth. Good for you.

\

Now you're arrogant again. Jeez, make up your mind

#28 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to go next year

#29 Edited by SSJDarthPlagueis (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis Has been to the one in Arizona. And nightsofdarkness or summat like that went to one. As well as several staff members, and some mods.

Yes and It was fun.

#30 Posted by SHAZAM117 (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

Went to the 2010 San Diego Con. Had the time of my life! I've never stood in line so much in my life. Was in hall H when that dude got stabbed in the face with a pen *smh*. That was also the year the entire cast of the Avengers was onstage, really cool moment.

I'd love to go again but, it seems like you have a better chance of finding a cyrstal skull than nabbing tickets for the Con now :-\

#31 Posted by Gustofwind (709 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been but I might go some day, I'm only like an hour and half away from comic con in England.

#32 Edited by Rouflex (27054 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by AllStarSuperman (26787 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to

#34 Edited by nerdork (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevildd78: Oh yes, Im a big fan of cons. I go to SDCC every year, and have since i wasn 16. I used to also go to Wonder Con (used to be in SF, now in Anahiem) and Ape Con (SF), as well as the local conventions in Sacramento, CA.

I am leavnig for San Diego, this Saturday. I stay for about a week, prior to SDCC...Coronado is da'bomb!

#35 Posted by The Stegman (28715 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to NYC Comic Con last year, might go again this year if I can afford it.

#36 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork ooooh i always wanted to check out Wonder Con too. but i can't go to that one because of my work schedule. i know it's smaller, but how does it compare to SDDC?

#37 Posted by SHAZAM117 (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@daredevildd78: Oh yes, Im a big fan of cons. I go to SDCC every year, and have since i wasn 16. I used to also go to Wonder Con (used to be in SF, now in Anahiem) and Ape Con (SF), as well as the local conventions in Sacramento, CA.

I am leavnig for San Diego, this Saturday. I stay for about a week, prior to SDCC...Coronado is da'bomb!

Damn you!

#38 Posted by nerdork (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork ooooh i always wanted to check out Wonder Con too. but i can't go to that one because of my work schedule. i know it's smaller, but how does it compare to SDDC?

Like you said, its smaller. But, that makes it a lot more intimate too. And, it caters a lot more to the comic book, anime and film fans. A really good amount of cosplay, and a lot of it is just spectacular. Good guest lists, great panels. Basically, it is just like SDCC, but without the electronic entertainment (E3 Corner), and their arent as many toy distributors...but, collectables are still easily attainable there. That being said, the best collectables are usually the SDCC Exclusives. But, still a good selection, for those who are collectors. Comic books everywhere...its awesome! Though, i will say that a lot less of the major publishers dont always make it. Wonder Con is a great convention, and if you can only go to Wonder Con, but cant make it to SDCC, it is still a great consolation.

#39 Edited by The_Deathstroker (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#40 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Con is kinda boring, if you ask me

#41 Posted by nerdork (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

Damn you!

Im sorry, i really dont mean to sound like a braggart. But, it does look that way. I just cant help but get super excited about SDCC. I truly hope you can go one year. I am just one of the long time Comic Conners, that never had to deal with open registration.

#42 Posted by Xwraith (25202 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the San Diego one.

#43 Posted by The Stegman (28715 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic Con is kinda boring, if you ask me

Speaking from my brief experience..yeah, it kinda is. The coverage makes it look more glamorous than it is, just a lot of lines, crowds and cosplayers.

#44 Posted by DarthAznable (10405 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to but it's never in Chicago.

#45 Posted by nerdork (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

Chicago has C2E2. I've seen the schedules they have for the convention, and it is a really stacked event. There is also CCC: Wizard World - not quite as great as C2E2, but it is very comparable, if the scheduling is anything to go by.

#46 Posted by DarthAznable (10405 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork said:

@darthaznable said:

Chicago has C2E2. I've seen the schedules they have for the convention, and it is a really stacked event. There is also CCC: Wizard World - not quite as great as C2E2, but it is very comparable, if the scheduling is anything to go by.

Yeah but usually when I'm at school. Thankfully I go to school in the city now.

#47 Posted by DaredevilDD78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork i've only been to SDDC. we were thinking of going to the one in Phoenix next year. have you been to that one?

#48 Edited by nerdork (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerdork i've only been to SDDC. we were thinking of going to the one in Phoenix next year. have you been to that one?

No, I haven't been there. I have read some of the schedules, and whatnot. I am always impressed by how different cities come up with these great conventions. Everyone thinks that SDCC is the best, i am dubious...its just the largest.

#49 Posted by nerdork (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthaznable: Well, hopefully you can make it to one of Chicago's conventions soon. You'll have to let me know how it is when you end up going.

#50 Posted by HumanRocket (10714 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

@humanrocket said:

@saint_wildcard said:

\

Now you're arrogant again. Jeez, make up your mind

Being arrogant and agreeing with feminist views are two independent characteristics that I have. Just because I agree with feminist views, doesn't mean I can admire my greatness.