Harry Potter question

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

did the Dursley's care about Harry Potter?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. They abused him and hated him because he was a wizard. Dudley actually showed him some respect by the last book but that's about it. For the most part they just wanted him hidden and out of the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think deep down they had a soft spot for him. I mean they did feed him and give him a nice room before sending him under the stairs. Sure they treated him like shit. But I wouldn't say they didn't care about him.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alextheboss

I think they kind of did, but they were ashamed of him at the same time due to him being a wizard.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think deep down they had a soft spot for him. I mean they did feed him and give him a nice room before sending him under the stairs. Sure they treated him like shit. But I wouldn't say they didn't care about him.

Not really. They abused him and hated him because he was a wizard. Dudley actually showed him some respect by the last book but that's about it. For the most part they just wanted him hidden and out of the way.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

They had to care a little to keep taking him back in, even if they did treat him like crap.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If they did not care for him, they would have killed them given the fact that they give little f1ck for morality/laws.

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dudley came to like Harry, even trying to get into his good books, albeit clumsily. I don't think Vernon ever cared, it was for Petunia, who cared enough to take him in, that he tolerated Harry.