Hard workers or the Gifted? What do you respect more?

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Susanoo

For example, a special ed kid with dyslexia that worked hard for straight As or someone failing school but has an iq of 149 and knows things on the college levels? 

Or... 

A person that worked hard to earn alot of money or being borned into royalty or a rich family? 

Or... 

A person that worked hard to become an actor/actress or ones that become it because of their looks? 

What do you respect more? What is better for todays society?  

Note: I already know the answer, I just want to hear peoples opinions.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

Going by your examples. hard workers by far.

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Susanoo
@aztek the lost said:

Gifted, because the hard workers will never be as good as them no matter how hard they try...oh wait...did I just say that out loud?

<---------Gifted

So if your friends struggle with school because they don't have your level of intelligence, does that automatically make you better than them? And no, I'm not talking about societywise pertaining to this comment. 

I'm also gifted. However, my friend has 100 iq but she works very hard to graduate high school whereas I slacked my way through and easily passed tests while she worked her ass off. Does this make me better than her? No. This made me respect her more.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Susanoo
@Sexy Merc said:

They're just examples. It means the entirety of "hard workers" and "gifted" in general, not just pertaining and limited to my examples.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Magian

It depends on the person. I am not going to respect someone less before he was born rich for example. He didn't steal those money and can do a lot of good with them. There are also a lot of people born into rich families that are hard workers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I'm gifted in some areas and work hard in others, I show people respect that show me it in return. Everyone else can go hang.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By turoksonofstone

Why do these groups deserve respect?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Not skilled, but learned. Not given but earned.

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Susanoo
@aztek the lost said:

@Susanoo said:

@aztek the lost said:

Gifted, because the hard workers will never be as good as them no matter how hard they try...oh wait...did I just say that out loud?

<---------Gifted

So if your friends struggle with school because they don't have your level of intelligence, does that automatically make you better than them? And no, I'm not talking about societywise pertaining to this comment. I'm also gifted. However, my friend has 100 iq but she works very hard to graduate high school whereas I slacked my way through and easily passed tests while she worked her ass off. Does this make me better than her? No. This made me respect her more.

I don't have friends, my superiority tends to make people afraid

I struggled more in school then most people I knew and it had nothing to do with intelligence, I didn't really know many people who were lacking in natural talent AND hard workers...at my high school all the hard workers were actual intelligent people (though you could infer there intelligence was gained through hard work and not natural)

>.> 

Yeah, at my old school years ago, it's not.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

hard workers in about every aspect gets my respect.

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By NexusOfLight

Honestly, I ain't never met a "gifted" person in life who didn't put in hard work.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By Dracade102

Depends what the person is gifted in...

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Sexy Merc said:

This
xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xmenfallen

hard workers ........................................ without this i would be living hard

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kallarkz
eh..I respect anyone that uses what they have to make a positive influence in the world. 
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ComicMan24 said:
It depends on the person. I am not going to respect someone less before he was born rich for example. He didn't steal those money and can do a lot of good with them. There are also a lot of people born into rich families that are hard workers.
QFT.. 

you will value something more when you earn it through hard work than just being handed it to you.. 
Avatar image for lectriccolossus
lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lectriccolossus

depends on  the person.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ssejllenrad
@god_spawn said:
Nicely said!
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By lagoon_boy
The gifted will never work as hard as the hard workers do because they'll rely on their special talents, while the hard workers are always trying everyday to get better or support their family. 

"Hard work beats talent if talent refuses to work hard"-Joe Rogan.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PowerHerc

Hard work definitely garners more respect than what basically ammounts to being lucky (i.e., born rich, good looking, super-smart, super-atheletic, talented, ect.).
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Billy Batson

It's hard to say when you're gifted and you work hard :p 

BB

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@ComicMan24 said:
This
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By thehummingbird

hard work...gifted means nothing I go to a gifted school and I have hardly and respect for the people here....

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mark5
@god_spawn said:
this. 
@Kallarkz said:
eh..I respect anyone that uses what they have to make a positive influence in the world. 
this 
@NexusOfLight said:
Honestly, I ain't never met a "gifted" person in life who didn't put in hard work.
this 

Nothing is more common in the world than brilliant people who have wasted their lives. 
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Aiden Cross

I respect hard work more, but to be honest i wish i was gifted as well. Would make my life a lot easier. 

I remember in university that most of my classmates had a really easy time studying, reading through the book a couple of times, studying cliff notes and they got it. I had to begin studying weeks in advance to just barely pass it while my classmate got A's with barely any effort. However, when I did finally get my degree i was very proud (being the only one in my direct family to get a degree) While the others were like 'oh cool'. So like others said, you just feel better when you put in the hard work and succeed.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mark5

@Aiden Cross said:

I respect hard work more, but to be honest i wish i was gifted as well. Would make my life a lot easier.   I remember in university that most of my classmates had a really easy time studying, reading through the book a couple of times, studying cliff notes and they got it. I had to begin studying weeks in advance to just barely pass it while my classmate got A's with barely any effort. However, when I did finally get my degree i was very proud (being the only one in my direct family to get a degree) While the others were like 'oh cool'. So like others said, you just feel better when you put in the hard work and succeed.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Aiden Cross
@mark5:See? I worked hard to make this picture myself while you plucked it off the internet. For me it feels better.
No Caption Provided
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wise Son
Well looking at the examples it's essentially luck versus hard work. By my own admission I don't think luck or something you didn't have any control of warrants respect. That goes as far as being born into a wealthy family or lucking out on the genetic lottery. Some people are savants, pedigrees and prodigies. But normally they have a natural affinity to what they're doing. It's not something they had to work at. On an average day I would respect a hard worker more. I'd be more amazed by what the gifted guy is capable of but at the same time they had a head start. All this coming from a relatively gifted person myself.  

@lord_oraculous016 said:
@ComicMan24 said:
QFT..  you will value something more when you earn it through hard work than just being handed it to you.. 
That's not always true.
Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Susanoo
@thehummingbird
Cough*Einstien*Cough*Edison*cough
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By spartan92

< gifted hardworker
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gifted or hard worker, it doesn't matter. We're all going to die.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By CATPANEXE

Most people despite the talent they have or resources handed to them, still have to work hard in one way or another to do what they want in life, much less to keep what they 
have so it's really hard to even say.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By cyberninja

I ain't got time to bleed. 

<-----Hard worker.............most of the time. 

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@lectriccolossus said:
depends on  the person.
This. ^

Both types have their good and bad qualities. A hard worker will bust his hump and get stuff done, but on the other side he can alienate his fellow employees, by constantly volunteering for work. My father worked with a guy who would always volunteer to do something and the boss would always say, "No you do enough, Hey, (Bob's father) you do this. You never volunteer." In a job where they work by themselves or if the person isn't trying to do other peoples job, yeah they fine. The person that just knows it, is generally your "go to" guy. If you have a question or 
something you are going to ask them, but eventually they won't know they answer and then is when you see how good of a worker they are, because they will either go find the answer or they put it aside and move on to something else.