• 53 results
#1 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe it's August 24th where he resides so....Happy Birthday to one of the gaming industry's innovators, Hideo Kojima! Even though I personally don't know you and that you're probably not reading this, I just wanted to say thank you very much for entertaining us gamers. You and Tetsuya Nomura are the only two people I consider to be my inspirations in life. Unfortunately, I didn't get introduced to Metal Gear until the 4th but even so, I was mesmerized by the moment I laid eyes on the series. Since then, I've been an addict who constantly plays the main titles, speculates about future titles and even consider the characters to be good friends of mine. Although, I personally haven't rode on Disney's spinning tea cups with Revolver Ocelot and Solid Snake as much as I'd love to though.

I hope you take today off because everybody deserves to pamper themselves every now and then. You always work so hard on Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders with how you perfect the two. Perhaps you and the family can watch Drive starring Ryan Gosling since you seem to be a huge fan of his. Maybe you can even have a cardboard box cake. Either way, I hope you have a lovely day because you seem like a very humbled man along with Shigeru Miyamoto. May you have fifty more years to come!

Love you Kojima!

#2 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Mr.Kojima and thanks for the great games!

#3 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: =D

Kojima's a pretty good video game designer! =D

#4 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday Hideo Kojima!

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20241 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the one with Master Chief...

#6 Posted by RedDeath (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: You were Kojima all along! I should have known!

#7 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Oh! You mean Portable Ops! =O I love that one. Especially when Master Chief befriends Null and the two begin to boogie to Saturday Night Fever. =O Good times! =D

#8 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@reddeath: Gasp! =O How'd you know? 0.0 I hope you don't think that @nickzambuto is my Swedish cousin Joakim! 0.0 That's totally not the case!

#9 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Look at his AV, he clearly read your mind.
He probably was gonna talk about how like Zone of Enders next.

#10 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Oh noes! D= I didn't even realize it. 0.0 It's Psycho Mantis! I hope my keyboard can't vibrate. D= That would be spooky. 0.0 Do you think he knows my computer's history? =O

#11 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Yes, he does.
I know because

[dramatic pause]

He's my alt!

#12 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: I can't believe it! D= We should have an 18 minute dialogue of this! 0.0

#13 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT ANIME AND CULTURE

#14 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: It's like one of my Japanese animes! 0.0

Now, I must whine on how I received my father's recessive genes and plot out how to take down my twin brother.

#15 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: The one that received father's dominant genes...Solid Snake! =O

#17 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: =D I hope Liquid is Eli in Phantom Pain. ^__^ Would be so nice to see him again. =D

#19 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22249 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthday to one of the greatest genius in gaming!

*throws confetti in the air*

#20 Posted by nickzambuto (13661 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way, I hope you have a lovely day because you seem like a very humbled man along with Shigeru Miyamoto.

Kojima actually has a pretty big ego IIRC.

I don't have anything else to say :P

#21 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by nickzambuto (13661 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Wasn't that picture with Cliffy B? =O I should go over there and make Kojima smile! 0.0 He better smile...or else cupcakes will be involved. 0.0

#24 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy BIrthday

#VirgoSeason

( + )

#25 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22249 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Saints Row payed homage :P

#27 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

I CQC people on the street! o-o

#28 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22249 posts) - - Show Bio

I CQC people on the street! o-o

0___________________o

#29 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I have a camera tied on the back of my cat. His name is Mk. II. =O Quinton also likes chocolate! 0.0 Never trust Naomi either. Even on rainy days. =O

#30 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22249 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I have a camera tied on the back of my cat. His name is Mk. II. =O Quinton also likes chocolate! 0.0 Never trust Naomi either. Even on rainy days. =O

f8a.gif

#31 Posted by russellmania77 (15346 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthmas kojima-chan

#32 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal Gear Solid VI: Sugar Overdose

Summary: At 2016 E3 Kojima reveals that he's retiring once and for all regarding the Metal Gear franchise. Baffled by this, is Rainbow Raccoon from VINE who's watching this on a livestream on IGN. The next day she infiltrates Kojima Productions in Los Angeles via cardboard box. Rainbow Raccoon fights her way against Lonely Llama who wishes to work for Naughty Dog but is forced to work in Kojima Productions. Eventually, Rainbow Raccoon manages to put Kojima-San in a sugar induced coma for quite sometime...Nine years to be exact.

The POV switches to Kojima-San during his coma. Though, unaware of it, he awakens to Solid Snake's voice. The two are isolated on Shadow Moses until Revolver Ocelot rides by on his flaming horse. It's been revealed that the Metal Gear characters need Hideo's help one last time as all the games have become severely buggy and Hideo needs to put the pieces together regarding the series history.

Afterwards, Hideo awakens from the coma. David Hayter manically laughs as him and Rainbow Raccoon are having a tea party. It's been revealed that Rainbow Raccoon and David Hayter were the ones who messed up Hideo's precious gem and on purposely led him to wake up. David Hayter is after revenge with a vengeance after Sutherland stole his spotlight. Hideo must duel against David Hayter and Raccoon. For the ending, it's revealed that Kojima decides not to quit directing Metal Gear after all and turns this journey into an official Metal Gear Solid VI: Sugar Overdose with Lady Gaga singing the theme song, Sins of the Creator (inspired by Kojima).

#33 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22249 posts) - - Show Bio

Summary: At 2016 E3 Kojima reveals that he's retiring once and for all regarding the Metal Gear franchise. Baffled by this, is Rainbow Raccoon from VINE who's watching this on a livestream on IGN. The next day she infiltrates Kojima Productions in Los Angeles via cardboard box. Rainbow Raccoon fights her way against Lonely Llama who wishes to work for Naughty Dog but is forced to work in Kojima Productions. Eventually, Rainbow Raccoon manages to put Kojima-San in a sugar induced coma for quite sometime...Nine years to be exact.

The POV switches to Kojima-San during his coma. Though, unaware of it, he awakens to Solid Snake's voice. The two are isolated on Shadow Moses until Revolver Ocelot rides by on his flaming horse. It's been revealed that the Metal Gear characters need Hideo's help one last time as all the games have become severely buggy and Hideo needs to put the pieces together regarding the series history.

Afterwards, Hideo awakens from the coma. David Hayter manically laughs as him and Rainbow Raccoon are having a tea party. It's been revealed that Rainbow Raccoon and David Hayter were the ones who messed up Hideo's precious gem and on purposely led him to wake up. David Hayter is after revenge with a vengeance after Sutherland stole his spotlight. Hideo must duel against David Hayter and Raccoon. For the ending, it's revealed that Kojima decides not to quit directing Metal Gear after all and turns this journey into an official Metal Gear Solid VI: Sugar Overdose with Lady Gaga singing the theme song, Sins of the Creator (inspired by Kojima).

We need a video of this. Or a comic strip! 61!

#34 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: I agree! =D David Hayter after revenge and teaming up with Raccooninista would be awesome. =O Hideo did actually do motion capture of himself recently for Phantom Pain. Wonder what role he'll play. =O

#35 Edited by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday you crazy genius Kojima-san. Just make remakes of the original two Metal Gear games from the 80's and after that try something new. I dunno make a sequel to policenauts or something.

#36 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: Hehe! I'm really hoping after Phantom Pain we get Metal Gear 1 and 2 remakes. xD Would love to see Solid Snake and Grey Fox fight in HD. 0.0

#37 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

This. This is why we love you. You are a gem. <3

Happy Birthday, Kojima-san!

#38 Posted by BumpyBoo (9252 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: This was such a sweet idea, but also this:

No words for how much I loved this <3

Happy Birthday, Hideo! ^___^

Moderator Online
#39 Posted by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: Aw yeah! =D

@bumpyboo:

Hehe! I could of wrote it much better but it was around 1 AM when I wrote it out. xD Even had to edit it a couple times after posting. =O

@lykopis: But we love you more! =O You're an angel! 0.0 All hail Lykos! <3

Hehe! That's such cute artwork. =D I'mma steal it. xD

#41 Posted by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: "Yo snake check it go sneak that sh*t !"

#42 Edited by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: Lmao! xD I love Shalashaska. <3 Especially Young Ocelot in MGS3 with his heritage. =D

#43 Edited by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: Lmao! xD I love Shalashaska. <3 Especially Young Ocelot in MGS3 with his heritage. =D

To be honest i never played an MGS game in my life, feel like i'm missing out on a whole generation :p .

#44 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

To be honest i never played an MGS game in my life, feel like i'm missing out on a whole generation :p .

Sounds like a quote I saw on a memebase comic awhile back. =O

Tis a very good series though. My second favorite with Final Fantasy being my first. Do you plan on playing the series? 0.0

#45 Posted by waezi2 (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy B-day

#46 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Birthday indeed to an incredibly talented industry veteran! Keep on dishing out the good work!

#47 Posted by Xwraith (18158 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy birthday Kojima-san!

Now I just need to finish Rising.

#48 Posted by consolemaster001 (5584 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Probably will get the hd collection ;)

#49 Posted by Samimista (20711 posts) - - Show Bio

@consolemaster001: For PS3? =O Haven't got that version but do have 360 one. Eventually I'll pick up PS3 HD Collection.

#50 Posted by nickzambuto (13661 posts) - - Show Bio

GOTY.