zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By zackattack529

the gameplay is completely unbalanced.

the gameplay has become nothing but carbine play. The BR is way overpowered. stronger than it was in Halo 2. they brought back the covenant carbine and thats the weakest weapon in the game. The Robot is stupid and if a 12 yr old noob gets inside it, he can possibly get easily 10-15 kills in it just messing around.

They didnt bring back dual wield.

The storyline was OK, but was short. the new enemy promethians are boring and annoying.

worst Halo yet.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Might want to censor that.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SavageDragon

Better than Halo 3 and Reach. Halo 4 is amazing.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zackattack529

@SavageDragon: haha thanks for tthe joke

But if that wasn't a trolling comment, please give reasons to back up your claim??

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laflux

But seriously, I disagree. The Battle rifle was always supposed to be a power weapon, and remember how powerful the Carbine was from Halo 3 was. Yeah I was annoyed that dual wield wasn't brought back, but meh I can live with that

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

I haven't tried it yet, though from what I've seen and what people said it's an excellent game.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

Halo 4 is the closest the Halo series has come to reaching the glory days of Halo 2 multiplayer. While multiplayer isn't abscent of overpowered weapons (Saw, Incinerator Cannon), the overall experience is far from being unbalanced. Just some gneeral stuff about the game that you don't seem to understand:

1. All the non-automatic rifles kill in about 2 seconds assuming the player hits their shots. They have different strengths and are meant to serve the player's style. You not being able to get kills with the Carbine doesn't make it the weakest weapon in the game, it means you should probably try a different weapon or understand that the Carbine is meant for players with very good accuracy. Also, the BR isn't ridiculously good either. It falls off significantly at a range.

2. I assume the robot you speak of is the Mantis mech. Vehicles in general in this game are not overpowered like they were in Reach and not nearly as hard as they were to deal with in 3. The Mantis is on literally one map and it happens to be one of the bigger maps in the game, with plenty of vehicles and weapons to deal with it.

3. Dual-wielding has been gone for a long time. It didn't really serve much purpose other than looking cool.

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NazarethSavage

All Halo games suck AFAIC...

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By SavageDragon

@zackattack529:Im dead serious. It looks amazing visually. It sounds amazing, the guns with a headset are awesome. Multiplayer has been beefed up, they have made it more accessible to new players because it is for sure easier to kill people, while still keeping the same halo feel of head shots with the BRT/DMR and melee. It has more guns in total than the other games, and the new ones are awesome. The Promethean pistol and shoty and Incineration Cannon are great. The map designs are alright nothing special but they are still fun except the domminion game mode and maps are fantastic. They are huge and tactical filled with goodies and great terrain. The mech suit is so much fun, they needed a new vehicle that coukld stand up to a team once they have a tank or a banshee, its not invincible either you can still take it out with a laser, rockets or jacking it by gettin on top of it. So theres all that. Your saying the rifles are too powerful and yet you liked the dual wields? Talk about too powerful the dual wielding smgs was ridiculous. The spartan ops is an added plus because they will give you 5 new missions a week that counts towards mutltiplayer xp. The customization is awesome you cant even see most of the gear you can unlock until you level up some so I suggest if you think there isnt enough gear keep playing I am 37 and still seeing new things to work towards that look sweet.Oddball is fantastic you can throw the ball! its like halo rugby now. SO theres all that...havnt finished the campaign but so far its solid. Theres my argument. Halo 2 was...well one of the coolest games ever. Halo 3 was awesome and so was reach, I think Halo 4 could be the best.

Avatar image for winterfreakinsoldier
WinterFreakinSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackattack529:

No Caption Provided

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TheCerealKillz

I'm NOT seeing where you are coming from.

Halo 4 is one of the best looking games on the 360 to date.

Not seeing how the BR is uber powered.

Mantis is easy to take down.

Dual Wielding was awful and unneeded.

Storyline was probably better than 97% of the games that came out this year.

Multiplayer reminded me of Halo 2 multiplayer, which is one of the greatest experiences I've had with a game ever.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp

Cool man.

_Slave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Slave_
@zackattack529: Considering you're grammar, you're likely not old enough to be legal to purchase the game yourself.
Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I wonder when Mods are going to lock this?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

*head explodes*

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont like any of the HALO games.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zackattack529

@DarkKnightDetective: Im guessing never cause a mod knows about this..i was simply giving my opinion about the game..It's obvious i feel strongly this is the weaker in the halo series. and others have posted good reasons to counter my opinion.

trying to troll on here instead of acting maturely, who think i am someone who is immature.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zackattack529

@Uncanny_Doom said:

Halo 4 is the closest the Halo series has come to reaching the glory days of Halo 2 multiplayer. While multiplayer isn't abscent of overpowered weapons (Saw, Incinerator Cannon), the overall experience is far from being unbalanced. Just some gneeral stuff about the game that you don't seem to understand:

1. All the non-automatic rifles kill in about 2 seconds assuming the player hits their shots. They have different strengths and are meant to serve the player's style. You not being able to get kills with the Carbine doesn't make it the weakest weapon in the game, it means you should probably try a different weapon or understand that the Carbine is meant for players with very good accuracy. Also, the BR isn't ridiculously good either. It falls off significantly at a range.

2. I assume the robot you speak of is the Mantis mech. Vehicles in general in this game are not overpowered like they were in Reach and not nearly as hard as they were to deal with in 3. The Mantis is on literally one map and it happens to be one of the bigger maps in the game, with plenty of vehicles and weapons to deal with it.

3. Dual-wielding has been gone for a long time. It didn't really serve much purpose other than looking cool.

Hmmm...Good points, except trust me ALOTTA people want the dual wielding back. haha

And you are right, this game is about pin point accuracy. But still you cannot deny the DMR is a little overpowered. and the lightrifle when zoomed can take you out in 2 hits. Thats way OP.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@_Slave_: I didn't know grammar was an indication of age

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CrimsonCake

This makes me want to buy it even more :D

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zackattack529

@CrimsonCake: The game is good, it's got its flaws. that is what i was pointing out, and this is the worst halo yet....well actually on second thought Halo wars was probably the worst Halo 2 & 3 stand above them all.

But the game does have alot of good things in it. Im not a Halo 4 hater. Afterall I bought the game lol. It's just im disappointed in the multiplayer. It's definitley taking it in the COD direction, because halo fans are trying to please MLGs (seriously, look it up.)

But im getting used to it little by little and the annoying things aren't bothering me as much.

I definitely recommend it. just don't have your expectations high for the game itself, its good, but not amazing.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
I thought Halo 4 was pretty good... and I usually hate first person shooters. 
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By MrDirector786

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Same here. I don't hate Halo - I'm just indifferent to it is all.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786 said:

Same here. I don't hate Halo - I'm just indifferent to it is all.

Yeah I wouldn't say I hate it I just find it boring really.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By RedQueen

@zackattack529 said:

@Uncanny_Doom said:

Hmmm...Good points, except trust me ALOTTA people want the dual wielding back. haha

And you are right, this game is about pin point accuracy. But still you cannot deny the DMR is a little overpowered. and the lightrifle when zoomed can take you out in 2 hits. Thats way OP.

Don't know about that. I was around the halo/gaming forums for ages, yes, people were sad to see it go- but many agree it was impractical in combat. I ,for one, don't miss it.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By nefarious

I beg to differ. This game awesome on epic levels. 

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bawlsz

The multi player is not unbalanced, each gun has its purpose and style, Carbine is the fastest firing rifle and shreds enemies in CQC, BR is a jack of all trade but with out the edge that the carbine has in CQC and without the accuracy the DMR has in long range combat, each gun has its style and some guns are better in other maps, also the Rifles require you to hit the target and be accurate with every shot and you need get head shots when you pop the shields, the AR is allot more powerful, Mantis is easy to take out, its slow and OP plasma pistol shot and plasma grenades take it out quickly, Duel-wielding isn't good because it makes guns weaker on its own, so you have to duel-wield to make it useful.

Campaign is great, took me 8 hours in Heroic, plus there is the Spartan Ops story, it has easily the best graphics on 360, the sound design and music is brilliant, particularly the guns, they have an awesome oomf to them which they lacked in previous games. The story which I loved the most, because it includes allot of the Halo lore making it allot more interesting, which allot of the previous Halo game barely touched. However it isn't that great for people who haven't read the books because it would be quite confusing, but it is awesome for people who are invested in the Halo universe.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@zackattack529:

I know absolutely no one who wants the dual wielding back, it's super overpowered.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By laflux

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

*head explodes*

lol

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By minigunman123

@zackattack529 said:

@Uncanny_Doom said:

It's only OP because you probably have crappy accuracy, and you're playing with people who have amazing accuracy.

Learn to play the game a little better so you can better devise your own strategies, rather than whine when your skills aren't up to the challenge of skilled players with specifically situated yet powerful weapons.

@Bawlsz said:

The multi player is not unbalanced, each gun has its purpose and style, Carbine is the fastest firing rifle and shreds enemies in CQC, BR is a jack of all trade but with out the edge that the carbine has in CQC and without the accuracy the DMR has in long range combat, each gun has its style and some guns are better in other maps, also the Rifles require you to hit the target and be accurate with every shot and you need get head shots when you pop the shields, the AR is allot more powerful, Mantis is easy to take out, its slow and OP plasma pistol shot and plasma grenades take it out quickly, Duel-wielding isn't good because it makes guns weaker on its own, so you have to duel-wield to make it useful.

Campaign is great, took me 8 hours in Heroic, plus there is the Spartan Ops story, it has easily the best graphics on 360, the sound design and music is brilliant, particularly the guns, they have an awesome oomf to them which they lacked in previous games. The story which I loved the most, because it includes allot of the Halo lore making it allot more interesting, which allot of the previous Halo game barely touched. However it isn't that great for people who haven't read the books because it would be quite confusing, but it is awesome for people who are invested in the Halo universe.

Precisely. Weapons in HALO, since HALO 2, have always had specific purposes, to give each player their own area of dominance, where they feel comfortable. HALO:CE was way more unbalanced than anything I've seen in HALO 4, or any other HALO game to date, and yet it's still an amazingly fun game to play, even if just for the nostalgia.

Dual wielding was always cool, but very rarely practical, for reasons you point out.

I also thought that the game's story was amazing, like you said, for HALO fans that have read some of the books and kept up with much of the lore. IMO, HALO has the potential to be the next Star Wars, if they keep up this pace a little longer.

Overall, I don't know why anyone would hate on HALO 4 for any particular reason, it doesn't actually have any glaring technical flaws. You might not like the game, but the game doesn't suck, by any standards in the industry. Even the community is somewhat mature for a FPS series (I say "somewhat" because I've seen some pretty weird crap go on in some HALO oriented forums, even the 343 industries forums.) The game doesn't have any reason for it to "suck", even if you don't like it. You can dislike it or hate it all you want. That doesn't make it suck and it doesn't make it a bad game. It means you hate the game.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By laflux

@TheCerealKillz said:

@zackattack529:

I know absolutely no one who wants the dual wielding back, it's super overpowered.

I didn't find it to be in Halo 2. In Halo 2 the SMG, Pistol, Needler, Plasma rifle were not that great- they needed dual wielding to be effective. An while using covenant weapons to drain shields and then the UNSC weapons to take out the enemies was very effective, Give me a Shotgun or Energy Sword any day instead in CQC. You also couldn't throw grenades or Melee. In all honesty it was Halo 3 which killed Dual Wielding because they brought the Assault rifle which was really good up close, the Carbine was deadly at all ranges, and the SMG was further nerfed along with the Plasma pistol and rifle. To make matters worse, they supped up the Needler and removed its ability to dual wield. There was no good reason to dual wield, while in Halo 2, it was at least a viable alternative up close if you lacked the Shotgun or the Sword.

_Slave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By _Slave_
@zackattack529: Halo 4 is one of the best games I've played in the last two years. The best shooter by far. The graphics are stunning, the combat is amazing, and the it translates the story wonderfully. If you think it's unbalanced, you should be playing a different kind of shooter. Halo's multilayer is almost always "who gets the best stuff first". Everyone goes for the launcher, everyone goes for the banshee, ect. If you are indeed not legally allowed to buy it yourself, than you shouldn't be playing it as it is for people of the legalized age group. By insulting such a beautiful thing, you have proven yourself a Evil.

@Jonny_Anonymous
Why shouldn't it be?
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@_Slave_: Because I'm 25 and spell like a 10yo as I'm dyslexic

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#36  Edited By RazzaTazz

Let's go with a discussion thread for Halo without the word "suck" in the title, ok?

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he feels this way because he is terrible at Halo 4.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

@zackattack529 said:

@Uncanny_Doom said:

It's not that the DMR is overpowered, it's that the DMR fits what the metagame of Halo has always been about, which is medium/long range map control. There's nothing about the DMR where I will feel like the weapon got someone a kill, it's simply a gun that rewards players for having good aim. I don't think it could be more balanced than that.

Light Rifle when zoomed takes four hits to kill by the way. The DMR and BR take five shots, and the Carbine takes seven. Taking into account the rate of fire of all these weapons, they all still kill in about 1.7 seconds assuming you hit all your shots. That's balanced, but they excel at different ranges.

_Slave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By _Slave_
@Jonny_Anonymous: There are always exceptions to unwritten rules.
GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GhostofOnyx

@TheCerealKillz I agree

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Inverno

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

*head explodes*

You might want to use this :P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By z3ro180

@zackattack529: You must be a call of duty fan

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zackattack529

You know it's funny alot of people here say im whining because i gave a negative opinion of my experience, but you guys sound like the one whining lol

Just because it is more like COD now you guys probably think it is the greatest game ever made, but I do not. It's my opinion. And you guys are quick to insult me without giving reason why you like it. I know alot of you guys her eon Comicvine are well over 30 and very insecure so ill let it slide.

But what if i said Halo 4 was the BEST game ever made. then i know i'd just get the COD fanboys to say that i suck at FPS and play Halo bla bla bla.

It's all one big trolling cycle.

Its just a game guys and did any of you consider maybe i just was dissapointed in one aspect...I did BUY the game guys? the limited edition at that! haha and i am getting oroe used to the system and doing way better now that i use different weapons and being patent with headshots. So i really don't need to hear insults but i THANK the mature people on here for giving valid arguments and great points on why the game is good.

The rest of you..ou know what you can kiss.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zackattack529 said:

You know it's funny alot of people here say im whining because i gave a negative opinion of my experience, but you guys sound like the one whining lol

Just because it is more like COD now you guys probably think it is the greatest game ever made, but I do not. It's my opinion. And you guys are quick to insult me without giving reason why you like it. I know alot of you guys her eon Comicvine are well over 30 and very insecure so ill let it slide.

But what if i said Halo 4 was the BEST game ever made. then i know i'd just get the COD fanboys to say that i suck at FPS and play Halo bla bla bla.

It's all one big trolling cycle.

Its just a game guys and did any of you consider maybe i just was dissapointed in one aspect...I did BUY the game guys? the limited edition at that! haha and i am getting oroe used to the system and doing way better now that i use different weapons and being patent with headshots. So i really don't need to hear insults but i THANK the mature people on here for giving valid arguments and great points on why the game is good.

The rest of you..ou know what you can kiss.

No one here ever said Halo 4 was the greatest game ever made. To be honest its at least in the top 5 games this year. But not even close to being the best game ever. I don't think anyone on this site would Halo 4 is best of the best in terms of gaming. But fact is its a damn good game. Much better then most I've played this year. If you weren't ready to take harsh criticism on your opinion of the game then you probably shouldn't have posted this thread. The title also doesn't help one bit either. And you also said its Halo 4 is not that bad, so why make this in the first place?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I was pretty intrigued by the hints of affection between Chief and Cortana, as well as the fact that they're both aging protagonists that can't last much longer.

That's about it, as the Halo franchise relies mostly on the mythos of it's universe to make up for it's shortcomings.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Kal'smahboi

The multiplayer is the best since Halo 3. Possibly the best, yet. Haven't gotten around to the campaign yet.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mekboy

Personally I find Halo 4 one of the best ones yet. Can't decide between Halo 3 and 4.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@_Slave_: or maybe we shouldn't jump to conclusions

_Slave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Slave_
@Jonny_Anonymous: He's obviously not old enough to understand the game. Which implies he's not old enough to understand how to play it. Most people under the legal age can't understand the game or how to play it. That is what the legal age is for.