Halo 1/2/3 Legendary Tips?

NovaHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NovaHulk

Ok so um, I've decided to do a "quest" on completing legendary on all 3 games because i always play on normal. Any legendary veterans have any tips?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

Dont die

Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Light

learn how to use cover. And how to make good use of grenades. Perfect throws are crucial to success in tight spots. Also for 2 & 3 master jumping over those pesky brutes once they start beserking

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

Legendary is not that hard once you have played online and get good you will be fine. You may die a few times if Normal was challenging for you, but  you should get use to Legendary. You die a lot quicker so be smart when attacking and don't charge in, cause it is a good way to die. Just try to get a BR and make use of stickies on Hunters and Brutes.

The Flood levels will be annoying, but you should be fine
Arbitius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Arbitius

SUNMAN said:
Legendary is not that hard once you have played online and get good you will be fine. You may die ... [more]

Especially the Cortana level. that level was annoying as hell
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Don't suck...Some people are good at FPS' while others suck no matter how hard you try.  A n00b can be aimed for a headshot, but you can't make him pull the trigger.

Avatar image for jesterlichloath
jesterlichloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jesterlichloath

yeah just run on the flood levels and use cover to recharge your shield also on 3 find a friend to help since its an option

Bullet Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bullet Ride

well, what i did is make sure i has a  that green plasma pistol thing around, and a Br, and constantly move side to side only aiming for the head when you shoot

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By The_Martian

You should really try our sister site, Giant Bomb.

Bullet Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bullet Ride

i forgot about that site

Homicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Homicide
geraldthesloth said:
Dont die
^_^ I agree with this

and if your working with others in a co-op, make sure they dont suck, cause if THEY die, you have to start all over too :D

Some other tips I can give you that you might already know by now are;

Make sure you take cover when needed, dont RUSH through a level, cause thats how you get killed. When dealing with the flood in Halo 3, What I did, when I was face to face with one or two of them, I would simply bash at them. Hit them a couple of times and they'll go down. Dont rely on the alien weapons, cause... honestly... they kinda suck against the flood. Also when against the flood, make sure you have grenades, and at least ONE heavy weapon such as a rocket launcher, or shotgun.  When dealing with the exploding flood, throw a plasma grenade on them, when it blows up, it will kill all those little buggers inside of them ^_^ Also when dealing with the flood, dont rely on that damn hammer, you WILL die. 

um.... did I say dont rush? lol

I have yet to pass the game on legendary, but I did beat the last couple of levels on it! lol but yeah, thats all I got xD good luck!
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Sparda

Play co-op. If you get to a section particularly tough, have one player hang back and send the other in on rapid suicide runs to kill as many enemies as he can before he dies.

Once he does die, the player that hanged back (since there's no enemies around) lets him respawn and start it over again.

Seriously, it let me get through Cortana and a few other levels MUCH easier. Also, if you need more ammo have one co-op player kill the other and when he respawns he'll have full ammo again.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda

Play co-op. If you get to a section particularly tough, have one player hang back and send the other in on rapid suicide runs to kill as many enemies as he can before he dies.

Once he does die, the player that hanged back (since there's no enemies around) lets him respawn and start it over again.

Seriously, it let me get through Cortana and a few other levels MUCH easier. Also, if you need more ammo have one co-op player kill the other and when he respawns he'll have full ammo again.

Doctor Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Doctor Hope
Sparda said:
Play co-op. If you get to a section particularly tough, have one player hang back and send the other in ... [more]
but if they die while on legendary, then EVERYONE has to start over again. It goes back to a check up point o_O

that's happened to me on one level. I was playing with three other ppl, and as soon as one died.... we had do go back to the check point -_-
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sparda
Doctor Hope said:
Sparda said: Play co-op. If you get to a section particularly tough, have one player hang back and send the ... [more]
Strange, that's never happened to me. Maybe it was because you were playing the online co-op mode? I played local co-op.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Just practice...That's all there is to it.  Some people are naturally good and others need a lot and a lot of practice.....And others just are mediocre no matter how hard they try.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Paragon
Doctor Hope said:
Sparda said: Play co-op. If you get to a section particularly tough, have one player hang back and send the ... [more]
Someone had the "Iron" skull on.
Voxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Voxel

For Halo 3, you definitely need to play it with some friends. It's not only a lot easier that way but a lot more enjoyable as well. I'm not sure about the other two, because I haven't attempted it on those.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Voxel said:
For Halo 3, you definitely need to play it with some friends. It's not only a lot easier that way ... [more]

Not if you actually have skill =P