Habits that you can't break

• 64 results
MightyWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I bite my nails. What habits do you have in your daily life?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

Biting my nails, picking at scabs, twirling my hair, tapping my foot, washing my hands.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was told by a physician that I have pica xlyophagia-type. I tedn to obsessively and subconciously eat plastic, styrofoam, paper (formerly plastic, styrofoam, paper, cardboard, rubber, and leather). I used to do it for all of my childhood and most of my teens. I just broke the habit about a year ago. LOL I refer to it as sobreity: 400+ days clean.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

day dreaming

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dabee

I was told by a physician that I have pica xlyophagia-type. I tedn to obsessively and subconciously eat plastic, styrofoam, paper (formerly plastic, styrofoam, paper, cardboard, rubber, and leather). I used to do it for all of my childhood and most of my teens. I just broke the habit about a year ago. LOL I refer to it as sobreity: 400+ days clean.

Congratulations on that, now there's more for everybody!

I have a habit of making snarky comments to people.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have quit smoking 14 times and it just won't take

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry. I have so many friends that try and fail at quiting. Most non-smokers insist that you just do it (quit), which I noticed is not apt at all. Its just one of those things that you wish you never started. I'm glad I didn't.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Deranged Midget

Wave at every car that drives by in hopes of getting a response :D

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: My brother smoked exactly 1 cigarette in his life when he was 13 and because of this I have to hear constantly about how easy he quit and he just can't see the difference between doing it once and doing it repeatedly for over a decade

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

Pacing whenever I'm annoyed or impatient.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing hookers. I really need to break that one.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deadite

Rub lotions on my belly at public places whenever I'm bored. I just can't help myself.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Midnight snacking.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

Staying up late every night even when I have slept for 3-4 hours or when it gets 1 a.m to go to the kitchen and get something sweet to eat.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By judasnixon

@joshmightbe: It sucks.... I'm down to two packs a week from a pack a day. It's when I go out and drink I like to smoke.....

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Wave at every car that drives by in hopes of getting a response :D

Lol! You really are one of the most nicest people I know. XD

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

No one ever waves back :( Well, except for this one guy but it was at a stop light so I never counted it. We both stared at each other then I started waving frantically while my friend face palmed in the passenger seat!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Samimista

@samimista said:

No one ever waves back :( Well, except for this one guy but it was at a stop light so I never counted it. We both stared at each other then I started waving frantically while my friend face palmed in the passenger seat!

Lol! You should throw blue turtle shells at drivers who don't wave back. Then they'll learn. >=D I think you're the first person I've heard of who waves at people while driving lol. My older brother Andrew is a maniac when he drives lol. Not civil at all with other drivers. xD

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol! You should throw blue turtle shells at drivers who don't wave back. Then they'll learn. >=D I think you're the first person I've heard of who waves at people while driving lol. My older brother Andrew is a maniac when he drives lol. Not civil at all with other drivers. xD

Yeah, I became bored one day and my friend forced me to start waving at random drivers on the road, believing I wouldn't do it. Now, it's simply become second nature. Too bad no one ever looks :(

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Samimista

@samimista said:

Yeah, I became bored one day and my friend forced me to start waving at random drivers on the road, believing I wouldn't do it. Now, it's simply become second nature. Too bad no one ever looks :(

Lol! I'd wave back to you if I knew how to drive and was in Canada. XD Actually me being on the road may not be a good thing. 0.0 I'd let all the squirrels go by so I wouldn't hit them when meanwhile a bunch of angry drivers would honk their horn behind me. D= We have lots of squirrels that run on the road here.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol! I'd wave back to you if I knew how to drive and was in Canada. XD Actually me being on the road may not be a good thing. 0.0 I'd let all the squirrels go by so I wouldn't hit them when meanwhile a bunch of angry drivers would honk their horn behind me. D= We have lots of squirrels that run on the road here.

Squirrels are the biggest trolls on the planet... Whenever I'm driving they decide to run halfway across the street right when I'm driving by, abruptly stop and turn the other way and attempt to scanter back across the road... Let's just say, we aren't on the best of terms :P

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

coffee

and pessimism

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

Squirrels are the biggest trolls on the planet... Whenever I'm driving they decide to run halfway across the street right when I'm driving by, abruptly stop and turn the other way and attempt to scanter back across the road... Let's just say, we aren't on the best of terms :P

Lol! They really are. xD My mom has accidentally ran a few over. She calls them suicidal squirrels. They really are cute. On my tombstone I'd like it to read; "Rest In Peace to the nut that the squirrels have been looking for." with how crazy I am. =D

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

junk food

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol! They really are. xD My mom has accidentally ran a few over. She calls them suicidal squirrels. They really are cute. On my tombstone I'd like it to read; "Rest In Peace to the nut that the squirrels have been looking for." with how crazy I am. =D

Crazy squirrels, moving like robotic creatures rather than flesh and bone... Personally, I've never run over a squirrel or anything for that matter but my friends always speed up when they see one :/

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

Crazy squirrels, moving like robotic creatures rather than flesh and bone... Personally, I've never run over a squirrel or anything for that matter but my friends always speed up when they see one :/

Aw. D= I hope they don't speed up in hopes to hurt the squirrel. That's just cruel. I love squirrels. They're legal to own here as pets. =D Step brother's son has one. ^__^ You're a good civilian for watching out for the fluffy cute critters. =D

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

Try e cigarettes. They help me quit after twelve years of chain smoking.

Mine is chewing my nails.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw. D= I hope they don't speed up in hopes to hurt the squirrel. That's just cruel. I love squirrels. They're legal to own here as pets. =D Step brother's son has one. ^__^ You're a good civilian for watching out for the fluffy cute critters. =D

Trust me, I've nearly had heart attacks from how many times those devilish creatures jumped in front of my car... They aren't repaying the favour LOL!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

Trust me, I've nearly had heart attacks from how many times those devilish creatures jumped in front of my car... They aren't repaying the favour LOL!

Lol! Maybe they wanna hug your car since they feel bad no one waves back? xD

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yeah... I'd rather they just wait until I'm out of the car to wave back :P

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Samimista

@samimista: Yeah... I'd rather they just wait until I'm out of the car to wave back :P

Lol! I guess you can say they can't contain their excitement to greet their new master! xD

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlackReaper

Well, there's being awesome. I just can't stop doing that for some reason.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Picking my nose during my free time.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

@sesquipedalophobe: Those refills cost about twice as much as a pack of smokes

Each refill is the equivalent of two packs of smokes. The smallest major retail packs are five-packs (not to mention the starter kits come with about two packs (four days of smokes) ), which averages out to fourteen days of nicotine without the harshness of an actual cigarette. The idea is to wean, not replace, plus the fact it's reusable and a thoughtful gift for the next addict.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Being awesome. No matter what I do I can't stop doing it.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Eating...

Something...

Can't seem to shake the habit. If you know me personally, you are probably laughing really hard right meow.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I break habits easily.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Mumbling and spacing out.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

procrastination. I should be doing my hw right now but im not....

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talking to myself

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lykopis

Not so much a habit I can't break but when I hear a song, I can't stop listening to it until the end. I have to. (No such thing as switching channels when listing to the radio).

Plus, I like to be fair, even to inanimate objects? Like every plate in the cupboard should have their fair chance to be used, same goes for mugs, glasses, utensils. Everything put away goes to the bottom/back to make sure it happens.

I just feel sorry for them if I don't.

O_0

lol -- plus socks.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lagoon_boy

@joshmightbe: If it helps, I have a relative that used to smoke four packs a day. I kid you not. But, he was able to stop it and has been off cigarettes for I think, three decades now. :)

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@deadite said:

Rub lotions on my belly at public places whenever I'm bored. I just can't help myself.

lol Really?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By Aiden Cross

I'm terrible with Hors D'oeuvre or Amuse-bouche. I' usually full on those before i even start the main course. Heck, if they keep restocking the bread basket at a restaurant i'm already finished before we even start the meal :p

And whenever a little kid is staring at me i can't help but make funny faces or stick my tongue out.

Whenever i grow out a beard i can't help but stroke my chin... Or grasping those hairs between my fingers. Seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Cracking my knuckles.

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

lol Really?

I get so into it sometimes I need to take my shirt off.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@deadite said:

lol Really?

I get so into it sometimes I need to take my shirt off.

For real? ha ha

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@lykopis said:

Plus, I like to be fair, even to inanimate objects? Like every plate in the cupboard should have their fair chance to be used, same goes for mugs, glasses, utensils. Everything put away goes to the bottom/back to make sure it happens.

I just feel sorry for them if I don't.

O_0

lol -- plus socks.

same o-o