lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lykopis

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

What does progressive anything mean? Where is the progression -- I see none except cafeteria Catholics -- a little bit of this -- little bit of that. Take what you agree with and leave the rest. Happens to all religions, usually.

Where is the lecture? I gave none. I am talking about child molesters. Believe it or not --- there are a lot of Catholics who see things as I do -- who are just as disgusted and believe these priests should be held accountable. Same goes with the condoms/etc.

As for abortions being chosen by women with cold feet or never want children? Clearly our stances on this are extremely different --- I can only speak for myself and I can say --- with a fair degree of confidence I am as knowledgeable as someone can be as to the whys and why nots of abortion. That's all anyone can hope for --- to be knowledgeable, to not be ignorant.

I never stated it was only Catholic Priests who commit these crimes. I believe many, many religions house within their ranks people who commit horrific crimes --- especially towards children. I believe an earlier poster pointed some out.

Your claims in regards to Chavez etc is too generalized and also, I respectfully disagree about regions being "worse" than the other.

Russians singling out Catholic priests and killing them. I am not going to get into a numbers contest but clearly every religion has be persecuted and also has perpetrated some not so nice acts.

This fascination with the word "liberal" is getting tiresome. Whatever the word might mean to you -- I use it in it's correct term -- unless, you feel liberals are to be reviled for being:

Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.

Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

In that case --- guilty as charged.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

If it was true, the church should have died out in the 60's, along with anything not based in equality and freedom. (i.e. Make Love Not War)

Instead it's bigger than before. The US numbers have shrunk, only for "3rd Worlds" to bulk up in numbers.

No but number have slowly been declining.No since many people are religious due to their upbringing and then their child is brought up like that and it goes on.There are many other factors as to why as well.I mean as long as ignorance,fear and lack of knowledge exist so do things like racism and homophobia etc.

Well numbers are declining in other countries.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53  Edited By SC  Moderator

Yet it's only Catholics who get blamed.

This is actually a huge and common misconception.

Its a type of psychological projection. Just because a person or entity asserts blame, assigns blame or critiques anything, does not mean that they are neglecting to assign blame elsewhere.

Many posts in this thread seem to be assuming that many only lay blame at catholics. Then they believe that by making the obvious point that because other religions and non religions also are have proven to have molesters in their ranks a point is made? So they assume that people are unaware of this? They thus fail to actually understand and address what the actual criticism and original point is. Many catholics and non catholics and high ranking catholic and former catholics have a huge problem with the catholic churches handling of various scandals involving childhood abuse. Its a thing, it happens elsewhere, only a very poor or impatient reasoner would assert that other people believe it happens exclusively in the catholic church (in other words a strawman argument) but its still a thing. Its still a thing that is rather idiosyncratic with the catholic church, as far as scale, as far as documentation, as far as scope, as far as methods dealing with safeguarding reputation and obstructing law, as far as the catholics who have come out to reveal this information.

Sincerity is when people don't simplify this situation into black and white or assume others are doing so either, they approach the matter with reason and objectivity and the goal of addressing what needs to be addressed. No one is trying to bully or point fingers at catholics. Its something that can be addressed and should be addressed and is addressed by both catholics and non catholics the same way other organizations necessitate the need when appropriate as well. So no valid points have been made about how catholics get singled out because its a assumption common with playing the victim card. People shouldn't be so quick to assume and to use that assumption as the basis for their arguments. If a person sees another criticizing anything, they should ask them, and question them and actually await answers before assuming the answers or the intent. It just makes for all round friendlier and respectful dialogue **smile** Hope that helps as far as some posts in this thread and what and what isn't ignored.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@lykopis:

I use liberal as the version that has plagued me since high school (you can take the person out of the liberal, but you can't take the liberal out of the person). I try getting into a conversation with a liberal for simple stuff like comics, and it winds up a war about how capitalists are greedy snobs while the poor huddled masses are left behind to starve and drown.

So I'm not going to sugar coat how I feel about *certain* kinds of liberals. The same as how people think I'm nice, yet go ahead and say I'm crazy for not being their version of a conformist.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:

Yet it's only Catholics who get blamed.

This is actually a huge and common misconception.

Its a type of psychological projection. Just because a person or entity asserts blame, assigns blame or critiques anything, does not mean that they are neglecting to assign blame elsewhere.

Many posts in this thread seem to be assuming that many only lay blame at catholics. Then they believe that by making the obvious point that because other religions and non religions also are have proven to have molesters in their ranks a point is made? So they assume that people are unaware of this? They thus fail to actually understand and address what the actual criticism and original point is. Many catholics and non catholics and high ranking catholic and former catholics have a huge problem with the catholic churches handling of various scandals involving childhood abuse. Its a thing, it happens elsewhere, only a very poor or impatient reasoner would assert that other people believe it happens exclusively in the catholic church (in other words a strawman argument) but its still a thing. Its still a thing that is rather idiosyncratic with the catholic church, as far as scale, as far as documentation, as far as scope, as far as methods dealing with safeguarding reputation and obstructing law, as far as the catholics who have come out to reveal this information.

Sincerity is when people don't simplify this situation into black and white or assume others are doing so either, they approach the matter with reason and objectivity and the goal of addressing what needs to be addressed. No one is trying to bully or point fingers at catholics. Its something that can be addressed and should be addressed and is addressed by both catholics and non catholics the same way other organizations necessitate the need when appropriate as well. So no valid points have been made about how catholics get singled out because its a assumption common with playing the victim card. People shouldn't be so quick to assume and to use that assumption as the basis for their arguments. If a person sees another criticizing anything, they should ask them, and question them and actually await answers before assuming the answers or the intent. It just makes for all round friendlier and respectful dialogue **smile** Hope that helps as far as some posts in this thread and what and what isn't ignored.

I wish it was that simple. But when you have stubborn folk in a forum, it's hard to find common ground. Me included. XD

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lykopis

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Well after reading this

"Bergoglio has affirmed church teaching on homosexuality specifically that homosexual actions are immoral. He opposes same-sex marriage, and unsuccessfully opposed legislation introduced in 2010 to allow same-sex marriage in Argentina, calling it a "real and dire anthropological throwback." In a letter to the monasteries of Buenos Aires, he wrote: "Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God." Bergoglio has also stated that adoption by same-sex couples is a "form of discrimination against children."

He just sound like another crackpot.So it doesn't look like anything is going to change was to be expected but still is pretty sad nonetheless.

It gets worse. In the 1950's or so, the Catholic Church wanted to ensure "natural" children wouldn't be equal in the legal sense because they threatened the sanctity of Christian marriage. Their mere existence did. (By the way -- natural means born out of wedlock)

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ssejllenrad

@InnerVenom123 said:

Oh, this thread is going to be a thing of beauty.

have some...

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

@lykopis:

You know, I started this thread to celebrate a new pope, regardless if you believe in one or not. I didn't ask for a lecture on how my religion is the worst piece of garbage on the planet, while blatantly ignoring valid points brought up in the above comments on nearly every religion being guilty of the same crimes. Yet it's only Catholics who get blamed.

Liberal tolerance my tailbone.

Thanks for acknowledging. Yes, this liberal factor (may it be liberal or neo-liberal) is a spreading plague within this forum. Anything that does with sex, race, religion and justice, they will nit-pick at anything while being inconsistent with other arguments or flat out hypocrisy. For example, they don't like Capital Punishment and are against it, yet they are also against gay priest, sheikh, abets, gurus, monks, ministers, reverend, pastors, preachers and teachers who molest and get angry for the institutions for not punishing them? And what's so special about the Catholics that the average liberal thinker like to focus on with contempt and yet deny the fact that other religions and NON-Religions are doing the same thing? I'm not one to judge you or your religion because who am I to do that? Who is anyone to do that? Nevertheless, if one individual thinks and then acts upon hypocrisy, then yes, they are subjective to that judgement. If one prejudges that a whole religion is to blame for these acts, but blatantly denies that the rest of the world is doing it, then shame on them for being prejudice from the start. Some people need to open their eyes before they speak, then again, liberals do not do that.

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By nishi99

The new Pope has been chosen.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Well after reading this

"Bergoglio has affirmed church teaching on homosexuality specifically that homosexual actions are immoral. He opposes same-sex marriage, and unsuccessfully opposed legislation introduced in 2010 to allow same-sex marriage in Argentina, calling it a "real and dire anthropological throwback." In a letter to the monasteries of Buenos Aires, he wrote: "Let's not be naive, we're not talking about a simple political battle; it is a destructive pretension against the plan of God. We are not talking about a mere bill, but rather a machination of the Father of Lies that seeks to confuse and deceive the children of God." Bergoglio has also stated that adoption by same-sex couples is a "form of discrimination against children."

He just sound like another crackpot.So it doesn't look like anything is going to change was to be expected but still is pretty sad nonetheless.

It gets worse. In the 1950's or so, the Catholic Church wanted to ensure "natural" children wouldn't be equal in the legal sense because they threatened the sanctity of Christian marriage. Their mere existence did. (By the way -- natural means born out of wedlock)

I see.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Yet another thing to distract the Argentinian people from the fact that their country is a dump and that the British are just waiting for a chance to wipe their navy off the face of the pl-

Sorry, I was caught up in the trend of going off on a completely irrelevant tangent like half of the people in this thread. Please, continue.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSecondOpinion said:

@lykopis:

You know, I started this thread to celebrate a new pope, regardless if you believe in one or not. I didn't ask for a lecture on how my religion is the worst piece of garbage on the planet, while blatantly ignoring valid points brought up in the above comments on nearly every religion being guilty of the same crimes. Yet it's only Catholics who get blamed.

Liberal tolerance my tailbone.

Thanks for acknowledging. Yes, this liberal factor (may it be liberal or neo-liberal) is a spreading plague within this forum. Anything that does with sex, race, religion and justice, they will nit-pick at anything while being inconsistent with other arguments or flat out hypocrisy. For example, they don't like Capital Punishment and are against it, yet they are also against gay priest, sheikh, abets, gurus, monks, ministers, reverend, pastors, preachers and teachers who molest and get angry for the institutions for not punishing them? And what's so special about the Catholics that the average liberal thinker like to focus on with contempt and yet deny the fact that other religions and NON-Religions are doing the same thing? I'm not one to judge you or your religion because who am I to do that? Who is anyone to do that? Nevertheless, if one individual thinks and then acts upon hypocrisy, then yes, they are subjective to that judgement. If one prejudges that a whole religion is to blame for these acts, but blatantly denies that the rest of the world is doing it, then shame on them for being prejudice from the start. Some people need to open their eyes before they speak, then again, liberals do not do that.

You love spewing misconception,overgeneralized hypocritical fulled rubbish don't you?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ssejllenrad
lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lykopis

@lykopis:

I use liberal as the version that has plagued me since high school (you can take the person out of the liberal, but you can't take the liberal out of the person). I try getting into a conversation with a liberal for simple stuff like comics, and it winds up a war about how capitalists are greedy snobs while the poor huddled masses are left behind to starve and drown.

So I'm not going to sugar coat how I feel about *certain* kinds of liberals. The same as how people think I'm nice, yet go ahead and say I'm crazy for not being their version of a conformist.

Liberals consider capitalists greedy snobs who don't care about huddled masses who are left behind to starve and drown.

People want you to adhere to their version of a conformist and call you crazy if you don't but consider you nice otherwise.

You lump your version of a liberal into a generalized group and yet in the next paragraph, find issue with those who lump you into a generalized group,

Sugarcoating is never a good thing --- if something tastes awful, let it out as is. Only thing is the sugarcoating for you or for others.

Are you hoping this new Pope will make some movements in terms of your faith? Based on what you share here -- you feel Catholics are oppressed in some way -- do you think the Vatican is aware of this and is planning on implementing change to tackle this?

@mrdecepticonleader:

If it was true, the church should have died out in the 60's, along with anything not based in equality and freedom. (i.e. Make Love Not War)

Instead it's bigger than before. The US numbers have shrunk, only for "3rd Worlds" to bulk up in numbers.

No but number have slowly been declining.No since many people are religious due to their upbringing and then their child is brought up like that and it goes on.There are many other factors as to why as well.I mean as long as ignorance,fear and lack of knowledge exist so do things like racism and homophobia etc.

That's because of the condoms. Condoms would make a big difference in numbers in those Third World countries. This applies to Muslims, etc.

The Vatican has targeted Africa with the express reason for gaining numbers -- be fruitful and multiply. There was an African Cardinal which many thought would be a shoe-in to cement those efforts although it has been identified that South America would be a good option due to retaining its numbers there.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

And you love reminding me how bad Christian belief systems are.

So I guess we'll both be going someplace weird after this.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By InnerVenom123

So I was totally right when I said "thing of beauty."

Practically tearing up over here.

Onward, warriors.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#67  Edited By SC  Moderator

I wish it was that simple. But when you have stubborn folk in a forum, it's hard to find common ground. Me included. XD

Thats true, stubborn people can be headstrong people, I myself are stubborn, but stubbornness can also be tempered by willingness. Like I am stubborn myself, but I sincerely like having sincere and kind conversation and even the people whose views disagree with my own, I respect and like generally. I want to know what makes them tick. I don't want them to feel insulted, hurt, marginalized, offended. Usually I like when people feel relaxed and comfortable, even if they disagree with me, or if I disagree with their position, because I think relaxed and comfortable people give the best and most reasonable arguments and positions. Thats usually the easiest way to find common ground.

What makes it hard is when people go into things with preconceived ideas and notions. Its easy to claim and assert that someone is being a hypocrite, inconsistent, a flying panda, a funky hippo unicorn. How can a person reply to such accusations? Without people talking about reasons, reasoning and only throwing accusations, meh, not much progress is made. You can usually tell in a thread which posters are open to actually discussing things fairly - sometimes you might not know you just have to ask them sincerely and hope they do not bite heh heh - but its also easy to see who makes unfounded claims and baseless accusations, which tends to feed more negativity for those affirming the views and those shouting the opposite.

I think willingness, just effort to not do that helps. Though yeah not always simple, I agree.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

No though I don't agree with it and that religion in general is bad for a lack of a better word I never actually was specifically talking about religion itself in that post.More so the negative aspects that come from it

What is that supposed to mean exactly???

@lykopis: So is that one of the reasons they preach against them then? Interesting

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lykopis

@Illuminatus said:

Yet another thing to distract the Argentinian people from the fact that their country is a dump and that the British are just waiting for a chance to wipe their navy off the face of the pl-

Sorry, I was caught up in the trend of going off on a completely irrelevant tangent like half of the people in this thread. Please, continue.

Yay! Thanks, man.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: @lykopis said:

@lykopis:

Liberals consider capitalists greedy snobs who don't care about huddled masses who are left behind to starve and drown.

People want you to adhere to their version of a conformist and call you crazy if you don't but consider you nice otherwise.

You lump your version of a liberal into a generalized group and yet in the next paragraph, find issue with those who lump you into a generalized group,

Sugarcoating is never a good thing --- if something tastes awful, let it out as is. Only thing is the sugarcoating for you or for others.

Are you hoping this new Pope will make some movements in terms of your faith? Based on what you share here -- you feel Catholics are oppressed in some way -- do you think the Vatican is aware of this and is planning on implementing change to tackle this?

@mrdecepticonleader:

That's because of the condoms. Condoms would make a big difference in numbers in those Third World countries. This applies to Muslims, etc.

The Vatican has targeted Africa with the express reason for gaining numbers -- be fruitful and multiply. There was an African Cardinal which many thought would be a shoe-in to cement those efforts although it has been identified that South America would be a good option due to retaining its numbers there.

I do feel Catholics have been oppressed. I very strongly do. It may not seem like it to a host of other people, but I get very aggravated when this sort of target practice happens on forums or the bullcrap I hear on the news (already the media is making Francis the 1st sound like he's dying of cancer).

I can take jokes, and I often times criticize heavily the church. But to be outright insulted is something that hurts. Like really, really hurts.

You probably won't get what I'm trying to explain.

Mr_riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mr_riddler

Then this song is going to get old.

We need a new song for the new pope.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#72  Edited By akbogert

I've been observing this thread for a while now, and honestly I'm not positive it has actually gone anywhere for the last couple hours. The presence of multiple "spectators" is kind of a tip-off. It's not necessarily for lack of trying, either, but still...I really don't think this thread is serving anyone's purposes anymore, aside from maybe the people who just like to watch people argue.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

I've been observing this thread for a while now, and honestly I'm not positive it has actually gone anywhere for the last couple hours. The presence of multiple "spectators" is kind of a tip-off. It's not necessarily for lack of trying, either, but still...I really don't think this thread is serving anyone's purposes anymore, aside from maybe the people who just like to watch people argue.

I started this JUST to bring up the news there was a new Pope. Did I ask for it to be WW3 in the comments? No. But that's what I got.

I can't write anything anymore without having readers jump just because I wrote "God" somewhere.

@SC:

Chances are I'm the latter, not the former. :(

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lykopis

@lykopis: So is that one of the reasons they preach against them then? Interesting

Yeppers.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Yeppers.

Peppers

It rhymes what can I say? :)

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

No though I don't agree with it and that religion in general is bad for a lack of a better word I never actually was specifically talking about religion itself in that post.More so the negative aspects that come from it

It means what I said. Weird for me is a My Little Pony fan club with me dressed up as an Alicorn. What's your weird?

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@InnerVenom123 said:

So I was totally right when I said "thing of beauty."

Practically tearing up over here.

Onward, warriors.

Here, have a burger. It goes great with intellectual debates.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

It means what I said. Weird for me is a My Little Pony fan club with me dressed up as an Alicorn. What's your weird?

I don't know.

Is there such a thing as weird? That is the question :D

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By akbogert

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: And like I said earlier, you tried. I understand that some people felt this was an ideal place to have a discussion with qualms with the Catholic church. I respectfully disagree -- I think you designed this thread as a place to celebrate a potentially brighter path for Catholics, expressed that desire when initial comments were aggressive in nature, and subsequently had your thread overtly steamrolled and your own wishes brazenly ignored or rejected. While the handing off of the torch is by all means a reasonable occasion for having discourse over what people would like to see a new pope do, I don't think this was the thread for it and I don't think it's been conducted in the best manner. I say that without personally following or adhering to the Pope.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

I started this JUST to bring up the news there was a new Pope. Did I ask for it to be WW3 in the comments? No. But that's what I got.

I can't write anything anymore without having readers jump just because I wrote "God" somewhere.

@SC:

Chances are I'm the latter, not the former. :(

Guess that makes me Hitler then

:)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By lykopis

@akbogert said:

When abortion and communism and African warlords and "liberals" are thrown into the mix -- conversation is going to get interesting.

Reality is, Catholic Church has and still is dealing with in a very public way it's problems with sexual abuse within its clergy. Not bringing it up when a new Pope is chosen is like not bringing up the economy when a new President is chosen.

Conversation is always, always good. I see a lot of good information being shared here from both sides.

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

Mum was convinced it was gonna be Cardinal O'Malley

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By akbogert

@lykopis: I'll simply defer to my previous comment to OP. Necrotic reads as one growing increasingly exasperated, and the "conversation" appears relatively one-sided. And again, this is a conversation I think ought to have been had elsewhere, not in a thread whose creator specifically indicated a desire not to have this conversation here.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@akbogert said:

When abortion and communism and African warlords and "liberals" are thrown into the mix -- conversation is going to get interesting.

Reality is, Catholic Church has and still is dealing with in a very public way it's problems with sexual abuse within its clergy. Not bringing it up when a new Pope is chosen is like not bringing up the economy when a new President is chosen.

Conversation is always, always good. I see a lot of good information being shared here from both sides.

Precisely

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lykopis

@akbogert said:

@lykopis: I'll simply defer to my previous comment to OP. Necrotic reads as one growing increasingly exasperated, and the "conversation" appears relatively one-sided. And again, this is a conversation I think ought to have been had elsewhere, not in a thread whose creator specifically indicated a desire not to have this conversation here.

A new pope has been elected. Pope Francis the 1st. Catholics can party....Screw it, everybody can party. Even atheists.

@akbogert said:

So it took less than a page to get from "Hope! Diversity! Change! Party!" to "Child molestation! Gross generalizations! HIV!"

Hope. Diversity. Change. Yes --- lets get this child molestation annoyance back where it belongs -- it has no business ruining all this feel-good and yoohoo-ness. Same goes with HIV. Let's keep the Debby Downers out of here.

Gross generalizations indeed.

@akbogert said:

The OP brought up all the points I brought up in my last post. So....

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lykopis

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

Turns out Pope Francis came in second place the last time but even then, it was still a surprise he was chosen.

He has an interesting bio though. He has a palace that he could live in -- is able to take a car and driver -- and yet he lives in a very modest apartment and takes public transit everywhere. He's done this since 2001 when Pope John Paul II made him a cardinal.

Gwahlur_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Gwahlur_Rising

@lykopis said:

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

Turns out Pope Francis came in second place the last time but even then, it was still a surprise he was chosen.

He has an interesting bio though. He has a palace that he could live in -- is able to take a car and driver -- and yet he lives in a very modest apartment and takes public transit everywhere. He's done this since 2001 when Pope John Paul II made him a cardinal.

Interesting. So this one "walks the walk," so to speak. That's very refreshing. I always find it a bit silly when those in power (and I'm not referring to just religious leaders) go on and on about helping the poor, when most of them have no idea who the poor are or how they have to live.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#88  Edited By Pyrogram

@akbogert said:

So it took less than a page to get from "Hope! Diversity! Change! Party!" to "Child molestation! Gross generalizations! HIV!"

I'm sorry, . You tried.

Well their was a recent Child molestation scandal about the church in the UK xD

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AtPhantom

This Pope does not look like a Star Wars villain. I am disappointed.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom said:

Then they need to make a new Star Wars villain based off of his appearance.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Veitha

We need a female one lol Or at least a not caucasian one. This would be a big change and maybe it would make the chatolich church to really open his mind and understand that everyone - including women and any other kind of mnority - has the same rights. This one is a white, old man like anyone before, I don't see a great change

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pyrogram

@Veitha said:

We need a female one lol Or at least a not caucasian one. This would be a big change and maybe it would make the chatolich church to really open his mind and understand that everyone - including women and any other kind of mnority - has the same rights. This one is a white, old man like anyone before, I don't see a great change

A women will not be put in power as the other cardinals are probably sexist :(

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AtPhantom

@AtPhantom said:

Rebel scum, Darth Francis finds your lack of Catholic faith disturbing.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom said:

@AtPhantom said:

Rebel scum, Darth Francis finds your lack of Catholic faith disturbing.

Oh yeah well...

No Caption Provided
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pyrogram

@mrdecepticonleader: haha xD

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram said:

@mrdecepticonleader: haha xD

Thats one of my faves.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AtPhantom

@mrdecepticonleader: I am totally stealing that.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom said:

@mrdecepticonleader: I am totally stealing that.

Ha its good isn't it? :)

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Veitha

@Pyrogram said:

@Veitha said:

Yeah I know, she couldn't be put in power because catholich religion doesn't admit woman in any kind of religious role. But if they want a change, allowing women to became priest or cardinals is the only way to make the church leave his centenary bigotry

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Pyrogram

@Veitha said:

@Pyrogram said:

@Veitha said:

Yeah I know, she couldn't be put in power because catholich religion doesn't admit woman in any kind of religious role. But if they want a change, allowing women to became priest or cardinals is the only way to make the church leave his centenary bigotry

Religion thrives on old rubbish like that. So if that changes the whole religion would have to change 0_0 So I have been told.