#1 Posted by G-Man (37021 posts) - - Show Bio

I just posted this at gb.  Brett Ratner is a crazy guy.  He wants to do a Guitar Hero movie.

I love ‘Guitar Hero’ and I think it’s a part of pop culture. I would love to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie, if Activision would ever let me. I’m trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie.

It could be about a kid from a small town who dreams of being a rock star and he wins the ‘Guitar Hero’ competition. One of these dreams-[come-true] kind of concepts.
Both funny and sad.
#2 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow

#3 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

hey, there making a movie about facebook. Now thats sad lol

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

No...

#5 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

South basically did an idea similar to that.

#6 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"No..."
YES
#8 Posted by inferiorego (27189 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"hey, there making a movie about facebook. Now thats sad lol"
The movie is about the guy who made/stole facebook. It'll be written and directed by Aaron Sorken (most recently Charlie Wilson's War)
Sorken is a great writer/director, so that will be a great film. His dialogue is phenomenal... I will see it, and I will love it.

G~man said:
"I just posted this at gb.  Brett Ratner is a crazy guy.  He wants to do a Guitar Hero movie.

I love ‘Guitar Hero’ and I think it’s a part of pop culture. I would love to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie, if Activision would ever let me. I’m trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie.

It could be about a kid from a small town who dreams of being a rock star and he wins the ‘Guitar Hero’ competition. One of these dreams-[come-true] kind of concepts.
Both funny and sad."

The guy that did Rush Hour 3 (I don't underline it because garbage doesn't count) & X-Men 3 (again, garbage) thinks he can do a Guitar Hero film? I think I have a new person in Hollywood to hate!

NOTE: After years of hating Uwe Boll, I decided he's needed in Hollywood. Someone has to make terrible films that make me laugh, unintentionally.
Staff