• 72 results
#1 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the reviews for Rockstar's latest iteration is out and apparently people consider it to be the greatest game in the history of man. IGN - 10/10, Giant Bomb - 5/5, Edge - 10/10.

Now the only thing left to do is the long wait for the PC version...

#2 Posted by Black_Arrow (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

So, the reviews for Rockstar's latest iteration is out and apparently people consider it to be the greatest game in the history of man. IGN - 10/10, Giant Bomb - 5/5, Edge - 10/10.

IGN puts GTA IV 10/10 and then calls it overrated

#3 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5780 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

#4 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

Well, they do say that you can't spell ignorant without IGN. xD

#5 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Play GTA IV they said...it's the best game ever they said...

I'm gonna wait at least 1 year to buy GTA V.

#6 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21846 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno, man. It took one trailer to change my mind for GTA V... It looks like a pretty ambitious endeavor just like Watch_Dogs.

#7 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@the_lunact_and_manic said:

I dunno, man. It took one trailer to change my mind for GTA V... It looks like a pretty ambitious endeavor just like Watch_Dogs.

I've only seen the first trailer and some screenshots, but...ah...I don't know, I don't want to be dissapointed with Rockstar again... >_>

Couldyoureviewitifyoubuyit?

Edit: Tyops

#8 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (21846 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lunact_and_manic: Hmm... I dunno. I am playing Saints Row 4 right now, I am little busy with that :P

But I will review that when I am finished playing it however.

#9 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: The random mayhem is stopping me from completing SR IV :P

É nozes.

#10 Edited by Wolverine08 (41067 posts) - - Show Bio

GTA IV was awesome, and I'm happy GTA V looks even better!

#11 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously, it's a highly anticipated game.

They want it to be 10/10 so it sells better.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really surprised.

#13 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

NHL 14 did to...

#14 Posted by Perethorn (3346 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap, i need to get a PS3 or a 360.

#15 Edited by Immortal777 (7343 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprising GTA V might win game of the year.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (16904 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprising GTA V might win game of the year.

Wow really?

I'll have to wait for Watch Dogs.

#17 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1674 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this game bad! But I don't haz the money FML. Once I get it, I'll have to make room on my hard drive since I only got like 15 G. DAMN!!!

#18 Posted by Immortal777 (7343 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yea, but I'm holding judgement until I've played Watch Dogs as well it's an up hill battle though Watch dogs had better do some really impressive sh!t lol.

#19 Edited by MonsterStomp (16904 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: The gameplay looks awesome and so does its graphics. I also see AC4 as a contender too. At least having the potential to be game of the year.

#20 Edited by Mr. Mercury (19383 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's not sold out tommorrow, I'm getting it

#21 Edited by Immortal777 (7343 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Idk about Assassin Creed but the big contenders are GTA V, Last of US and Watch Dogs. I think because of the amount of content that GTA V has may give it the win but in all honesty as long as a sport game, Call of Duty and Battlefield don't win I'm happy. Next year will be crazy when it comes time to choose game of the year lol.

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (16904 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: I put my money on The Division but we still have a ton of unannounced games I can't wait.

#23 Posted by superstay (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that their were gamers trying to keep PC from getting a version...

d^_^b

#24 Posted by Immortal777 (7343 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: I'm more worried than exited with games like The Division, Elder Scrolls Online, and Destiny going the mmo route idk how I'll find the time to play anything else. Next thing you know there will be Fallout Online, Mass Effect Online and etc.

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (16904 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

I am playing it right now...on my friend's 360. Dude, it's a million times better than I thought it would be. :D

#27 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

I heard that their were gamers trying to keep PC from getting a version...

d^_^b

That is not fair. GTA started on the PC...kinda. And imagine a fully optimized PC version and how awesome will it be.

#28 Posted by KingAres109 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Origins will take home game of the year...I think easy too..

#29 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingares109: your kidding right? Over the Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite and GTA? Heh.

#30 Posted by superstay (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

Yeah, and get this....I heard the man who started this complaint, started a partition. And, some people are actually signing it....but, I don't think it has got a lot of signatures.

He states that "The PC community doesn't need console games, because of internet piracy".

I, like a lot of people, think he's just a console fanboy, who doesn't like PCs.

d^_^b

#31 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: Amen to that. But dude, trust me...I'm about an hour into the game and it is mind-bogglingly amazing. Everything from the super-smooth gunplay to the dialogue to the graphics are just incredible. I play using a kb/mouse and I'm not finding it difficult to use a controller.

#32 Edited by superstay (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

You got it...?

I'm watching it on Game Anyone.Com. I can't wait to play it. I spazzed into a huge nostalgia trip watching.

Is the gameplay like GTA IV? That's one of the things that I'm worried about the most....

d^_^b

#33 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: The driving is phenomenal. It's not as uber-realistic as in GTA IV to the point where as it is not fun and it is also not as un-realistic as in Sleeping Dogs. It's a good balance of the both. The gun-play is awesome. They took a lot of elements from Max Payne and the character switching is darn good. The writing and dialogue is awesome...till now.

#34 Posted by superstay (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

I've only seen up to the end of the first car boosting mission

d^_^b

#35 Edited by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

I've only seen up to the end of the first car boosting mission

d^_^b

I finished up to that by about 45 mins. When I had to lose the cops, I dove off-road and wrecked the car completely. After finishing that mission, I just jacked another one and spent about an half hour perfecting Franklin's driving, :D

#36 Posted by _Zombie_ (10394 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously, it's a highly anticipated game.

They want it to be 10/10 so it sells better.

Yeah, 'cause God forbid it genuinely be a great game.

#37 Edited by superstay (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

I understand....I would probably spend most of my time bettering my driving and veiwing everything

I can't wait until I get it.....

d^_^b

#38 Posted by Lvenger (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

Goddamn it, the one game I don't want to get receives a perfect score. Not surprised though really.

#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

I am playing it right now...on my friend's 360. Dude, it's a million times better than I thought it would be. :D

I'll let you know how I feel after tomorrow. Have to crank out some studying before my day off :P

#40 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to sound like a dick but it's GTA, perfect scores have been the norm since vice city.

#41 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_arrow said:

@darkazrael999 said:

Well, they do say that you can't spell ignorant without IGN. xD

This comment already won the thread :D

#42 Posted by Pro_Nelson (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Skipped school and waited an hour with a fever to get my hands on this game...Worth it bruh

#43 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7668 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny, all GTA games to a point are exactly the same. Vice City was the only one that interested me and that was purely down to the 80's setting. Can't remember the last time a read a 10/10 game review score, I look forward to seeing the many mods.

#45 Posted by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny, all GTA games to a point are exactly the same. Vice City was the only one that interested me and that was purely down to the 80's setting. Can't remember the last time a read a 10/10 game review score, I look forward to seeing the many mods.

The 'mods' require a PC port, dude. And this game, is like an awesome crime story with it's gameplay elements bringing new depth to the narrative.

#46 Edited by KingAres109 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@savagedragon: Why not??I think it WILL be up there.I would say so.Lol

#47 Edited by WarBlade539 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999:

I understand....I would probably spend most of my time bettering my driving and veiwing everything

I can't wait until I get it.....

d^_^b

Just got word. PC version's coming out March 2014. HALLELUJAH!

#48 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

@savagedragon: Why not??I think it WILL be up there.I would say so.Lol

No I agree I think it will be up there as well. A little worried that since its not made by RockSteady like previous games it might suffer. I just think The Last of us was truly a masterpiece of gaming and had the best story Ive ever played through. Critics loved it as well.

#50 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

the escapist gave it a 7. people went fu**ing nuts. oh jim sterling. you are precious.