#1 Edited by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

We have two spectacular looking open world games coming out this year. On one hand, we have Rockstar's latest installment in the legendary Grand Theft Auto franchise. With an open world twice as big as Red Dead Redemption, three main characters each with a specific ability and the player can interchange between each character at any point in the game, dozens of in-game activities like yoga, triathlons, Jet Skiing, base-jumping, tennis, golf or scuba diving. Besides the sad fact that this game won't be on PC, GTA V may turn out to be near-perfect

On the other hand, we have Ubisoft's new IP...Watchdogs. This game introduces a relatively new element, real-time hacking. Players step into the shoes of vigilante hacker/shooter extraordinaire, Aiden Pearce. Players can hack into relatively anything; they can hack into traffic systems, CCTV cameras, automated cranes, bank accounts etc. With an open world and sandbox-style gameplay, fantastic shooting, stealth and parkour elements; Watchdogs promises to be a winner and most definitely GOTY material. And the fact that it will be releasing on PS3, PS4, 360, Wii U and PC, gives it a huge advantage over GTA V.

So, which game will you folks prefer

The Bat-shit crazy GTA V

OR

The Bada$$, semi-futuristic, open-world TPS...Watch Dogs

#2 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Dogs. Very much looking forward to it coming out.

#3 Edited by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Yep. The driving in this game looks amazing. And there is supposed to be multiplayer too. Wonder how they will work that out.

#4 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: Never really got into GTA but I like how the main character of Watch_Dogs is a hacker. That, Thief and Phantom Pain I'm looking forward to the most for next gen.

#5 Edited by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I only have a pc so I won't be able to play GTA V. But this trailer looks fantastic. And I agree, Watch Dogs looks really polished and they are releasing it on five platforms...including next-gen. So, that's a win. :)

#6 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I play both console and PC but unsure when I'll be picking up a console since it'll probably be very expensive when they come out. PC though I'll probably stick to mainly throughout next gen since my older brother will be buying most of next gen games for PC so it'll be cheaper if I just borrow them from him.

Have such a feeling Versus XIII will be announced as Final Fantasy XV at E3 but curious if that'll be multi platform. Honestly, not hyped up for that anymore but I probably will still play that title.

Think on the 21st we'll know more about the next Xbox. I'm more of a Sony fan but if I had to pick I'll probably get the next Xbox console since Halo will probably still be an exclusive. 343 is doing fantastic with the series.

#7 Posted by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: I agree. The PS4 is basically an optimized PC and they have a pretty powerful GPU. If they decide to try to save money by pricing it at 450-500 $, we are liable to have a disaster on our hands.

On a different topic, what kind of PC do you have? Dextop? Laptop?

#8 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I have a Toshiba laptop (not really built for gaming) that runs current gen games but I'll probably have to get another PC built or buy a desktop depending on how powerful the next gen is. One thing I do hope Sony does is make Uncharted mult-platform. That's one of my favorite series that everyone should get the chance to play. Would also be nice if we could get a new Crash Bandicoot game.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32664 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchdogs easy

#10 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Dogs. GTA 4 is the only GTA I've ever played, and that was so dull I have no intention of playing another.

#11 Edited by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: You should try San Andreas, friend.

#12 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20564 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Dogs seem to be more promising and can turn out very surprising. More than I can say about GTA V. I still think Saints Row IV will beat GTA in that aspect.

#13 Posted by King Saturn (223808 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Watch Dogs because it looks like something new...

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Dogs all the way.

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (15810 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Dogs.

#16 Posted by gumflabica (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

Watch Dogs! I can't wait to hack into some cheese. SWISS CHEESE BANK ACCOUNT B^TCH!!!

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

GTA V without a doubt. Watch Dogs exudes ambition and creativity but man... everything I keep hearing about GTA V keeps drawing me in, especially after hearing they took cues from RDR and updated the control system in a more flowing and seamless manner. That was easily the biggest draw with GTA IV.

#18 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

No SR4?

#19 Edited by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised anyone is exited for GTA V, considering that IV was dull and boring.

#20 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5144 posts) - - Show Bio

GTA for me

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

GTA V. There has yet to be a GTA game that hasn't provided me with a great crime story, especially IV with The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned. Plus, GTA is just gigantic, over the top, open world, action-packed fun.

Watchdogs will be fun, I'm just not as excited for it.

#22 Posted by Dabee (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

Both look so good. I guess I'm awaiting GTAV more, just because the franchise has such a great track record. I'm still yet to play anything by Ubisoft that I haven't liked, so I'm still super excited for Watch Dogs. It's just the fact that GTAV has such an amazing track record.

I guess it's really a tie, though. If I was bringing them home from the store on the same day, I really don't know which I'd play first. I'd probably just flip a coin or something.

#23 Edited by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Saints Row 4 has superpowers, mechs, futuristic guns and alien invaders. I saw the gameplay with the superpowers aspect of the game and it plays a lot like Prototype.

#24 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20564 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Saints Row 4 has superpowers, mechs, futuristic guns and alien invaders. I saw the gameplay with the superpowers aspect of the game and it plays a lot like Prototype.

Yeah. Excuse me if I think SR4 is going to beat the s*** out of GTA V because of that :3

#25 Posted by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you realize that this was our very first conversation? :D

#26 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

Whoa! =O This was the first time I was blessed upon the presence of Ani? 0.0 I feel so honored to have you as a friend! =D *hugs*

And still looking forward to Watch_Dogs but, it seems that quite a bit was changed? I'm hoping it was for the best.

Are you gonna get Watch_Dogs?

#27 Edited by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999 said:

@samimista said:

Whoa! =O This was the first time I was blessed upon the presence of Ani? 0.0 I feel so honored to have you as a friend! =D *hugs*

And still looking forward to Watch_Dogs but, it seems that quite a bit was changed? I'm hoping it was for the best.

Are you gonna get Watch_Dogs?

Ehhhh, I am not that excited for Watch_Dogs as I initially was. Witcher 3, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition is where it's at. :)

#28 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I hope we see more of Shadow of Mordor! That looks very promising with the gameplay mechanics. =D

#29 Posted by WarBlade539 (4495 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999: I hope we see more of Shadow of Mordor! That looks very promising with the gameplay mechanics. =D

Exactamundo!

#30 Posted by swordmasterD (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchdogs but if I want to play I'm going to have to completely get a new laptop since I don't use console and my laptop can't even run scribblenauts