Green Arrow

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

User Lists: 0

Edited By pingclang

If there is one character who rivals my love for Cap it's Green Arrow. When I was a kid one of the few movies allowed in the house was the Adventures of Robin Hood, starring Errol Flynn. I would run around in the yard screaming gibberish with a stick slinging pretend arrows at everything that moved. To this days it's still my favorite film. My love for the legend of Robin Hood is a vast thing now and I enjoy reading on it, I've always noticed Green Arrow but I must admit that until this past Christmas, aside from gifts from confused family members, all I ever got was Marvel comics. In my adult life, now the ripe age of 27, I finally started to consider DC and it's rich history of comics and so asked for the DC Showcase of GA as a gift. Now I'm hooked. I've been reading this guy like crazy and loving every minute. I love his cause, that want for those who are in need. His prime directive that the little guy needs help too is such a heart-warming thing. I don't like where the book is today, since the relaunch, I prefer the humbled Oliver Queen not this new-fangled GA. He's become Connor Hawke and I don't like that. Anyway, my jerk thoughts aside, I really do love this character. His costume is amazing and in the end the fact that he IS a modern Robin Hood draws me in like a moth to flame. I hope they fix his New 52 representation. Maybe take away this Q-Core crap by having his millions vanish and lead into a long story of him trying to get by and become hardened just like Dennis O'Neil in Justice League. Only time will tell but until then, I'll stick to the old and love this character for the awesome that is Green Arrow.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedOwl_1

I just like DCnU Green Arrow because he looks like Justin Hartley and he remembers me Smallville :D, the rest isn't a big trouble for me because the only GA comic I read of pre-Flashpoint was Year One (and I love it)

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

I don't dig the new look, I miss the whole Robin Hood style and awesome goatee.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pingclang

@geraldthesloth: I agree 100%! The look Neil Adams gave him was my favorite, but I would take anything he's ever worn over what he has now. As for the story, I definitely would take anything else over it. I want to subscribe to GA so bad but it's such a terrible book that I simply can't...

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

@pingclang: He's boring now, I wish Mike Grell could take the character over forever.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pingclang

@geraldthesloth:Oh man, that would be AMAZING! I think if anyone, Grell could fix it in a heartbeat. Just like he said in Longbow hunters "Back to basics. No more gimmicks, just the man relying on the man." You, my friend, have good taste.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

I want a Hawkeye VS Green Arrow ....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

He's just so...blah now, I blame the writer, but he's not funny any more, nor cool, nor as good of an archer...nor as interesting..he's just a hipster douchebag with arrows now

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperShafe

I miss the Goatee and pointed Moustaches as well as the importance of family in the GA books. I just picked up the first issue of new 52 GA because my comic shop is having a back issue sale so i was able to get it for 50 cents. I have heard nothing good about the new GA but pre new 52 he was one of my favorites so i felt the need to have the issue at that price.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

@geraldthesloth said:

Same goes for me.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#10  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

have to wonder what form he'll appear in the tv show they are talking about...

robin hood hero or this smallville-esk whatever he is...

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pingclang

Wow, didn't realize this would get such a big response. I wish DC would take a look and see that this is what fans really want not the version we have now. Supershafe brought up something that I really liked about the family dynamic he once had. That's something that I can tell isn't in the new books. It was so great to read GA and see the stories of him and Roy and the whole family and how they lived life as superheroes just as much a family as when not in costume. Wake up DC!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@PowerHerc said:

@geraldthesloth said:

Same goes for me.

Same.