Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@~The Wanderer~ said:
"It's cool.  Hades, Persephone, Athena and Apollo are my favorite figures. The Egyptian, Scandinavian, and Aztec mythologies are interesting as well."

Scandinavian? Like Vikings?
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@Thor's hammmer said:
"I also like christian mythology, and yes I called it mythology I'm talking the stories of arc angels slaying dragons and such "

Thats viewed as real though....what happened back in biblical times.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Mr. Smiths: 

I'm sorry if your christian thats your choice but if you honestly michael coming down to earth and satan turning into a dragon and michael slaying it is mythology not religion
Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
@Mr. Smiths said:
"I also like christian mythology, and yes I called it mythology I'm talking the stories of arc angels slaying dragons and such "
Thats viewed as real though....what happened back in biblical times. "
Because it is. 

Satan doesn't turn into a dragon and angels don't slay dragons. 

People.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Decoy Elite
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" I like greek mythology but I also like the mythology of other countries. "
Norse is really good, but I honesty have a bit of trouble with some of the other mythologys. Culture shock and all that. "
I loved mythology when I was a kid. I like egyptian, norse and japanese mythology as well but I have checked other mythologies too. Which ones you didn't like so much? "
Japanese, and it wasn't take I didn't like it. I just couldn't understand it very well and that really took away from the myths for me.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Magian
@Decoy Elite said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" I like greek mythology but I also like the mythology of other countries. "
Norse is really good, but I honesty have a bit of trouble with some of the other mythologys. Culture shock and all that. "
I loved mythology when I was a kid. I like egyptian, norse and japanese mythology as well but I have checked other mythologies too. Which ones you didn't like so much? "
Japanese, and it wasn't take I didn't like it. I just couldn't understand it very well and that really took away from the myths for me. "

I understand that.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Mr. Smiths said:
" Scandinavian? Like Vikings? "
Yup.  I don't like calling it "Norse" since that appears to make people confuse the word with "Norwegian".
Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Queen's Halo

Love any religion that has more than 1 god but Greek is my all time favorite, then Norse, Egypt, Japanese and Celtic. Roman is OK but it's a rip-off of Greek.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CosmicSpiral

I'm a pretty big fan. 

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ebbm
@Cezar_TheScribe:
so were all the other mythologies. and yes Christianity is a mythology even though it still has followers.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By King_Saturn
its pretty cool... 
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@Ebbm: Christianity is a religion, but even as a Christian myself I can acknowledge that there is such a thing as "Christian mythology".  While "mythology" refers to a body of myths (note that only because something is myth, that doesn't automatically make it false.  Neither does it automatically make it true however), "religion" refers to the practice, lifestyle etc.  The two concepts are connected, but hardly the same thing.
Ancient Greeks and Egyptians (for instance) were practitioners of ancient Greek and Egyptian religions, but it's their mythologies are (usually) that fascinate people today.
(I don't intend to debate this, I just wanted to make the distinction between the two concepts.  Thank you for your time.)
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"@Mr. Smiths said:
Thats viewed as real though....what happened back in biblical times. "
Because it is. 

Satan doesn't turn into a dragon and angels don't slay dragons. 

People.

"

hOW DO YOU KNOW?
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Debatabe if greek myth better then christian myth.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By King_Saturn
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @Ebbm: Christianity is a religion, but even as a Christian myself I can acknowledge that there is such a thing as "Christian mythology".  While "mythology" refers to a body of myths (note that only because something is myth, that doesn't automatically make it false.  Neither does it automatically make it true however), "religion" refers to the practice, lifestyle etc.  The two concepts are connected, but hardly the same thing. Ancient Greeks and Egyptians (for instance) were practitioners of ancient Greek and Egyptian religions, but it's their mythologies are (usually) that fascinate people today. (I don't intend to debate this, I just wanted to make the distinction between the two concepts.  Thank you for your time.) "
whoa... I didnt know you were a Christian dude
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

I AM!!! I wish I could have taken it my final year of hell school.... I mean high school but they got rid of it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By King_Saturn
@Mr. Smiths said:
" Debatabe if greek myth better then christian myth. "
I always thought Christianity as a whole was on the fence as being considered a Myth since technically if Jesus was to say Return during the so called End Times and carry out the destruction of Earth and generating the New Heavens and New Earth... it would put to rest the idea of it being a Myth... so I guess until it happens... or we totally find a way to prove that Jesus actually died on Earth as a Mortal or he never existed... this so called return of Jesus is still supposed to happen... at least thats what the Bible teaches... 
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
@King Saturn said:
" whoa... I didnt know you were a Christian dude "
I'm usually trying to avoid online discussions of present-day religions like the plague (as well as talking too much about my own beliefs), so that's understandable lol.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By King_Saturn
@~The Wanderer~ said:
" @King Saturn said:
" whoa... I didnt know you were a Christian dude "
I'm usually trying to avoid online discussions of present-day religions like the plague (as well as talking too much about my own beliefs), so that's understandable lol. "
oh
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Why is their gonna be a new earth? And new heavens? So when Jesus comes down and do all this stuff everybody who was loyal on earth goes to this new heaven.....while he recreates earth and bascally life starts all over again?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71  Edited By MrDirector786

Greek Mythology has always interested me.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By RedK

yea, even took the class on it in secondary school (high school to all you americans) the first three years was the best it dealt with all the mythology but the last two dealt with sculptiors like the acropolas, suffice to say i sat at the back for those two years and caught up on sleep

spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By spiderpigbart
@aztek the lost said:
" I love it, kinky sex FTW! "
Someone was going to say that eventually.
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Isn't Aztec mythology like that alien stuff? Think that was also the inspiration for Predator.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By King_Saturn
@Mr. Smiths said:
" Why is their gonna be a new earth? And new heavens? So when Jesus comes down and do all this stuff everybody who was loyal on earth goes to this new heaven.....while he recreates earth and bascally life starts all over again? "
supposedly God will start over with a New World and New Heaven to have a clean slate with his Chosen Saints... everything of this world will be destroyed supposedly... 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By spidey 15
@aztek the lost said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @aztek the lost said:
Someone was going to say that eventually. "
I'm being serious though, I love greek myths but if you take sex out of it, there's nothing left but a few names and some the's "
Indeed.=]
Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ebbm
@~The Wanderer~:
yeah, thats what I meant. You can study Christianity as a religion or a mythology.  

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By Mercy_

Huge fan! Love it!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81  Edited By Decoy Elite
@aztek the lost said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @aztek the lost said:
Someone was going to say that eventually. "
I'm being serious though, I love greek myths but if you take sex out of it, there's nothing left but a few names and some the's "
Not true! There's still the violence, the sweet, sweet violence.
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" Why is their gonna be a new earth? And new heavens? So when Jesus comes down and do all this stuff everybody who was loyal on earth goes to this new heaven.....while he recreates earth and bascally life starts all over again? "
supposedly God will start over with a New World and New Heaven to have a clean slate with his Chosen Saints... everything of this world will be destroyed supposedly...  "

What you mean clean slate for his chosen saints? Bascially recreate the world all over again but make it be like a utopia society? And everbody esle be in new heaven which will also be a utopia society.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By King_Saturn
@Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
supposedly God will start over with a New World and New Heaven to have a clean slate with his Chosen Saints... everything of this world will be destroyed supposedly...  "
What you mean clean slate for his chosen saints? Bascially recreate the world all over again but make it be like a utopia society? And everbody esle be in new heaven which will also be a utopia society. "
You Know... The Rapture... when all of those who believe in Jesus ( Dead or Alive ) will be raised up and will be with God forever and forever... now you didnt think the battle ended with just everyone going up back to the Current Heaven after Satan, The Antichrist, and the Demonic Armies are defeated did you ? Naw Sir... supposedly God will have a New Heaven and New Earth created for him and his Saints to be with him forever... now will it be a Utopia Society... supposedly so I guess... but who is to say No Other Angels wont rebel and cause problems again as Lucifer did then the whole thing starts all over again... who knows... only God does I guess... 
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
What you mean clean slate for his chosen saints? Bascially recreate the world all over again but make it be like a utopia society? And everbody esle be in new heaven which will also be a utopia society. "
You Know... The Rapture... when all of those who believe in Jesus ( Dead or Alive ) will be raised up and will be with God forever and forever... now you didnt think the battle ended with just everyone going up back to the Current Heaven after Satan, The Antichrist, and the Demonic Armies are defeated did you ? Naw Sir... supposedly God will have a New Heaven and New Earth created for him and his Saints to be with him forever... now will it be a Utopia Society... supposedly so I guess... but who is to say No Other Angels wont rebel and cause problems again as Lucifer did then the whole thing starts all over again... who knows... only God does I guess...  "

I understand the new heaven part....but new earth still confused....so bascially earth will be starting all over again....back to how it all began?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#86  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm definitely a fan but I just try to disregard the parts with the gay sex,pedophilia,rape and bestiality.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By King_Saturn
@Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
You Know... The Rapture... when all of those who believe in Jesus ( Dead or Alive ) will be raised up and will be with God forever and forever... now you didnt think the battle ended with just everyone going up back to the Current Heaven after Satan, The Antichrist, and the Demonic Armies are defeated did you ? Naw Sir... supposedly God will have a New Heaven and New Earth created for him and his Saints to be with him forever... now will it be a Utopia Society... supposedly so I guess... but who is to say No Other Angels wont rebel and cause problems again as Lucifer did then the whole thing starts all over again... who knows... only God does I guess...  "
I understand the new heaven part....but new earth still confused....so bascially earth will be starting all over again....back to how it all began? "
well I think from what the texts say its supposed to be better than it originally was... God will be physically here with us on the New Earth... where as he was not during the First Creation of the Earth... 
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
I understand the new heaven part....but new earth still confused....so bascially earth will be starting all over again....back to how it all began? "
well I think from what the texts say its supposed to be better than it originally was... God will be physically here with us on the New Earth... where as he was not during the First Creation of the Earth...  "

sO HE BED O NEW EARTH AND NEW HEAVEN AT HE SAME TIME?
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Roddy010

I'm a BIG fan...

Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

Me... I am a fan... so is my Brother Undergroundgod... I was like wow he didn't post on here... We like Norse Mythology more however. Zues is his favorite and Poiseidon is mine.