• 51 results
Posted by WillPayton (9459 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Greatest Sci-Fi TV Show Of All Time (51 votes)

Babylon 5 4%
Battlestar Galactica (2004) 8%
Doctor Who 18%
Farscape 2%
Firefly 12%
Fringe 0%
Lexx 2%
Lost 4%
Lost in Space 0%
Quantum Leap 0%
Red Dwarf 0%
Sliders 0%
Star Trek DS9 4%
Star Trek TNG 8%
Star Trek TOS 2%
Stargate SG-1 2%
The Outer Limits 2%
The Prisoner 0%
Twilight Zone 24%
X-Files 10%

What do you think is the greatest science fiction TV show(s) ever. (Multiple choices are allowed... so vote for more than one if you cant decide on just one)

Use your own criteria for what's the "greatest".

#1 Posted by WillPayton (9459 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well, I guess multiple choices are NOT allowed. Unfortunately you cant edit polls once created, so... only one vote per person.

Choose wisely!

#2 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

The Twighlight Zone was kinda cheesy but I enjoyed it.

#3 Edited by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who, IMO

#4 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

They are all unique in their own way. Battlestar Galactica is very different compared to Firefly and both are very different from Stargate SG-1. You pretty much put the greatest Sci-fi shows ever made on the list and telling us to pick the greatest.

I can't decide. I won't decide. This thread is the only one in the entire world wide web that has angered me.

#5 Posted by KlentBeastwood (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Farscape

#6 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Shows I haven't seen all of...

1. Battlestar Galactica (2004)
  2. Doctor Who (Original)
  3. Fringe
  4. Lexx
  5. Lost
  6. Lost in Space
  7. Quantum Leap
  8. The Outer Limits
  9. The Prisoner
  10. Twilight Zone
  11. X-Files

BSG I haven't seen beyond like the 3rd episode... it bored me. Maybe I'll get around to actually watch it one day.

Lexx I stopped watching due to the opening which get's amazing loud and I haven't finished it.

Lost isn't sci-fi v.v

Lost in Space is too old for me.

Quantum Leap I haven't gotten around to watching all of this

The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone I've seen episodes of, but never gone through and watched every episode, but I do loves what I've seen.

X-Files... doesn't interest me

Show's I've seen all of...

1. Babylon 5
  2. Doctor Who (2005)
  3. Farscape
  4. Firefly
  5. Red Dwarf
  6. Sliders
  7. Star Trek DS9
  8. Star Trek TNG
  9. Star Trek TOS
  10. Stargate SG-1

I like the shows for different reasons...

Also you missed...

1. Stargate Atlantis
  2. Stargate University
  3. Star Trek Voyager
  4. Star Trek Enterprise
  5. Earth Final Conflict
  6. Andromeda
  7. Alphas
  8. Terra Nova
  9. Heroes
  10. Orphan Black

Of the ones I can think of...

My opinion is that if I had to select 1 universe to continue to work with over the rest I'd probably choose Stargate... closely behind it is Star Trek, but with it's current path, with or without Abrams, It's more likely to be stagnate faster.

#7 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Stargate SG-1 and I'm including Atlantis and Universe in that vote.

BSG would be #2.

#8 Posted by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

BSG I haven't seen beyond like the 3rd episode... it bored me. Maybe I'll get around to actually watch it one day.

Most people just got addicted and got hooked until the end 3 seasons and a half later. I don't blame you though, I also found it boring in the first episodes. By the 5th and 6th, I started to get hooked. Another show in the same universe that I highly recommend is Caprica. It's one season and one starts to like it after 2-3 episodes.

#9 Posted by BigL (280 posts) - - Show Bio

The Twilight Zone, I love it and watch it on SyFy when they have their New Years & July 4 marathons. Bummed that Netflix got rid of seasons 3 & 5

#10 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife: BSG Season 2 is one of the best TV seasons of all time, regardless of Genre - imo. It was amazing. Season 3 and 4 are kind bleh though.

#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall impact, has to be Twilight Zone and Star Trek. But among the listed, my fav has to be SG1 followed closely by Firefly.

#12 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Id have to go with xfiles

#13 Edited by INLIFE (1600 posts) - - Show Bio

@inlife: BSG Season 2 is one of the best TV seasons of all time, regardless of Genre - imo. It was amazing. Season 3 and 4 are kind bleh though.

The second half of season 4 felt so rushed.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with The Outer Limits... that show was Great.

#15 Posted by Xwraith (18305 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are TOS, TNG, and DS9 on the list but not Voyager?

#16 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

#17 Posted by WillPayton (9459 posts) - - Show Bio

The Twighlight Zone was kinda cheesy but I enjoyed it.

Some episodes were better than others, but overall an awesome series (especially for its time) and had a huge impact on later sci-fi on TV.

Farscape

Definitely a great show.

Voted for Stargate SG-1 and I'm including Atlantis and Universe in that vote.

SG-1 is one of my all-time favorite shows, especially when you consider how long it lasted. A lot of entertainment wrapped up in one show. Also loved Atlantis, especially after season 1. Universe only got good towards the end. Season 1 of SGU sucked bigtime.

@xwraith said:

o_0

#18 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I agree I didn't like SGU as much as the others. SG-1 is pretty much amazing all the way through. I can't think of a bad episode. Even after RDA leaves - while the showing admitedly isn't the same, the mthos is still good enough to keep watching.

And I completely agree with your about Atlantis too. Season 1 is a little slow until the 3 part finale/premiere (which is epic). Season 2 onward is pretty much all legit though. And I LOVED Season 4 when we get Amanda Tapping as a regular.

#19 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14534 posts) - - Show Bio

I would choose Babylon 5 but I like Stargate too .

#20 Edited by WillPayton (9459 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I agree I didn't like SGU as much as the others. SG-1 is pretty much amazing all the way through. I can't think of a bad episode. Even after RDA leaves - while the showing admitedly isn't the same, the mthos is still good enough to keep watching.

And I completely agree with your about Atlantis too. Season 1 is a little slow until the 3 part finale/premiere (which is epic). Season 2 onward is pretty much all legit though. And I LOVED Season 4 when we get Amanda Tapping as a regular.

Yeah I remember when Atlantis first came out, it was ok, but not up to the standard of SG-1 which was so great. But then when Season 2 hit, I enjoyed the hell out of that show. The characters really came into their own and the stories had me coming back for more every week. Sheppard and McKay really anchored that show.

I appreciate what they tried to do with SGU, but man I cant believe I stuck with it after the first season. Really, the only reason I did was because I was such a huge fan of SG-1 and Atlantis. But, by the time they got everything together and the show got good, it was too late.

I'm just hoping we get another show in the Stargate universe. I mean, if they could do it with Atlantis even though it didnt have the SG-1 main characters, then I'm sure they can do it again. They just need to remember what made the shows so good... interesting and fun sci-fi stories and characters. And, dont try to make it "dark and gritty" like SGU, just make it fun.

#21 Edited by WillPayton (9459 posts) - - Show Bio

I would choose Babylon 5 but I like Stargate too .

B5 was such a good show. I had a friend who was the art director for it, and my girlfriend and I got a tour of the sets once. They were even filming a scene with one of the Starfuries... it was neat.

#22 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14534 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: That is pretty cool and it's one of the best sci-fi shows that I have seen.

#23 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight Zone

#24 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Trek, The Next Generation. Kept me company as a kid during dinner, and I loved it.

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92704 posts) - - Show Bio

Firefly

Would have chosen BSG & Doctor Who as well, though.

#26 Posted by Darling_Luna (4133 posts) - - Show Bio

Trek easy. Broke race, gender and other barriers at the time, brought Sci-fi into a more dignified level and is the forefather for all shows

#27 Posted by JediXMan (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

The Twilight Zone,

#28 Posted by WillPayton (9459 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

The Twilight Zone,

While I didnt personally pick Twilight Zone as my #1, I'm still pleasantly surprised it's doing so well in this poll. I'd have expected that many here have never even seen it and would choose more recent shows.

#29 Posted by JediXMan (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

The Twilight Zone,

While I didnt personally pick Twilight Zone as my #1, I'm still pleasantly surprised it's doing so well in this poll. I'd have expected that many here have never even seen it and would choose more recent shows.

I'm rather surprised; I didn't think many people would vote for that, either.

#30 Posted by dngn4774 (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight Zone was my favorite show here but I didn't vote for it (Doctor Who easily second best choice). If it's not involving aliens or set in space I don't count it as sci-fi.

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight Zone

#33 Posted by BumpyBoo (9377 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome poll, but an impossible choice. Just can't do it! O_O

#34 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight Zone

#35 Edited by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Because Voyager was trash.

DS9 got my vote. Colm Meaney FTW

#36 Posted by Daredevilnut (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Firefly is the best because it is perfectly written and the characters are all awesome

#37 Posted by IrishX (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Files. Twilight Zone a close second.

#38 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7819 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who

#39 Posted by sabracadabra (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight Zone, followed closely by Original Star trek, then Quantam Leap.

#40 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

The Twilight Zone.

#41 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10085 posts) - - Show Bio

Other. I liked Sanctuary. *come at me*

#42 Posted by kuonphobos (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

I Want to Believe.

#43 Posted by Ratava (3913 posts) - - Show Bio

i voted for Twilight Zone so many great Episodes

@xwraith said:

because of the voyager episode Threshold" ^^

#44 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Galactica was sooo good. Then B5, and SG-1 were both damn good too. I guess I like stories with long term evolving arcs more than episodic stuff. Still likes star trek fine, but usually ending at the status quo each week is less interesting. I know SG1 sorta did that, but I liked most of the chars, and how they used what human tech they had wherever possible. Like sending UAV's through the stargate. It got less fun the more alien tech they got.

#45 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Futurama!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!

#46 Posted by ComicStooge (12873 posts) - - Show Bio

TGN.

#47 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to vote for soooooo many of these if they just had an "until X season" or "after X season" button.

#48 Edited by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

Stargate University

Now I'm just seeing Eli and Chloe cramming for their finals in Professor Carter's Improvisational Engineering, Professor Teal'C's Martial Arts History, Professor Jackson's Ascension 101, and Professor McKay's What the Hell are You People Doing in this Room Go Away.

#49 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonelrunaway said:

@durakken said:

Stargate University

Now I'm just seeing Eli and Chloe cramming for their finals in Professor Carter's Improvisational Engineering, Professor Teal'C's Martial Arts History, Professor Jackson's Ascension 101, and Professor McKay's What the Hell are You People Doing in this Room Go Away.

I so wish...

I noticed that error and another one that I made but I chose to ignore it ^.^ I was wondering if anyone else noticed them lol

#50 Posted by Bruxae (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Trek TNG no contest.