Greatest NBA players to never win a ring

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

Who do u think they are or will be (in the case of current players)?

- Anyone from the Jordan-era who isn't named Hakeem Olajuwon (specially Barkley and Stockton)

- Karl Malone

- Patrick Ewing

Those were the first 4 names to pop up for me but there a lot of great players.

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

Pete Maravich

whats wrong with Hakeem Olajuwon? The Rockets had the Twin Towers man. wait they did win a championship

Avatar image for thajuggernautkick
ThaJuggernautKick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ThaJuggernautKick

Dennis Rodman took all the rings. I think Charles Barkley.

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Achilles.

LeBron? 
Barkely

Avatar image for prince_cortsether
Prince CortSether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prince CortSether

lol God is laughing at Barkley to this day

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Barkley by far.

Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DeadpoolvIronFist
Past:
Barkley 

Present: 
Carmello
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Reggie Miller 
Patrick Ewing 
Steve Nash 
Dirk Nowitzki 
Jason Kidd 
Allen Iverson 
Gary Payton 
Chris Webber
Grant Hill 
Kevin Johnson 
Dominique Wilkins 
Chris Mullin 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
 1. Elgin Baylor 
 2. Charles Barkley 
 3. Karl Malone 
 4. Dominique Wilkins 
 5. Allen Iverson
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc

Grant Hill could have been amazing if it wasn't for those injuries.

Btw, Elgin Baylor got a ring in 1972. He played 9 games, didn't want Coach Sharman to bench him for McMillian (a guy with his career, obviously hurt him deep down) so he retired.

Then rode the bench for the rest of the season (cruel twist of fate with the Lakers winning 33 straight, going 69-13, and got LA their first title; 6th for the franchise). He was still part of the roster, got his ring, and a small share of the playoff money. Granted, he didn't compete or get any credit for it (Adam Morrison), he still has one. Just a minor technicality tho, if u don't wanna count it, that's fine.

Gary Payton won a ring with the Heat.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
@Sexy Merc said:

"

Btw, Elgin Baylor got a ring in 1972. He played 9 games, didn't want Coach Sharman to bench him for McMillian (a guy with his career, obviously hurt him deep down) so he retired.

Then rode the bench for the rest of the season (cruel twist of fate with the Lakers winning 33 straight, going 69-13, and got LA their first title; 6th for the franchise). He was still part of the roster, got his ring, and a small share of the playoff money. Granted, he didn't compete or get any credit for it (Adam Morrison), he still has one. Just a minor technicality tho, if u don't wanna count it, that's fine.

"
You say Elgin Baylor won a Championship ?  
well that does not seem to be the case according to NBA.com 

http://www.nba.com/history/players/baylor_bio.html
doublezeroduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By doublezeroduck

Payton Stockton Malone Barkley Ewing Petrovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
"

"

I had Alonzo Mourning on my original list and removed him because I forgot he was on that Heat team. I guess I forgot the Glove too.
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By soundbite
@Jake Fury said:
"Reggie Miller Patrick Ewing Steve Nash Dirk Nowitzki Jason Kidd Allen Iverson Gary Payton Chris WebberGrant Hill Kevin Johnson Dominique Wilkins Chris Mullin  "

of this list I only agree with Iverson.  all of those other guys are just really good or simply good players.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sexy_merc
@King Saturn: 

I've seen that page before, it's pretty outdated and I'm sticking with my source (Chick Hearn).

Baylor got playoff shares, there's an old storage cassette tape which depicts him celebrating after they won the championship, he could have came back from retirement but the Lakers were on the biggest winning streak in history and he didn't want to disrupt chemistry (he was told that if he stayed on the sidelines, he'd still get his ring), and bare in mind that this was all before the internet-era and NBA.com isn't 100% accurate.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
@Sexy Merc said:
" @King Saturn: 

I've seen that page before, it's pretty outdated and I'm sticking with my source (Chick Hearn).

Baylor got playoff shares, there's an old storage cassette tape which depicts him celebrating after they won the championship, he could have came back from retirement but the Lakers were on the biggest winning streak in history and he didn't want to disrupt chemistry (he was told that if he stayed on the sidelines, he'd still get his ring), and bare in mind that this was all before the internet-era and NBA.com isn't 100% accurate.

"
Every Source I Have Ever Seen Says Elgin Baylor Retired and Never Won A Championship... and They Are Right... Even If Chick is Correct, Elgin Was Given A Championship After The Lakers Won in 1972 but Baylor Had Won No Championship With The Team Cause He Was Retired... Being Given a Championship Out of Sympathy and actually Winning a Championship Are Two Different Things... 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soundbite said:
"@Jake Fury said:
"Reggie Miller Patrick Ewing Steve Nash Dirk Nowitzki Jason Kidd Allen Iverson Gary Payton Chris WebberGrant Hill Kevin Johnson Dominique Wilkins Chris Mullin  "
of this list I only agree with Iverson.  all of those other guys are just really good or simply good players. "

We'll agree to disagree then. Nash has been All-NBA as many times as Iverson and is one of the best point guards in history. The rest of them also have many All-NBA team credits on their resumes.