#1 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Attention,loyal Comic Vine posters! Today,we start the daily voting for the greatest fictional character ever! First,I will tell you all the first winner of this thread. Our very own,Sherlock Holmes. Let's hope we have a different winner this time.

Rules. You vote like this. Say,Zeus,Maka,Akuma,and Lister are competing. You vote like this.

1. Zeus- He is the god of lightning,after all.

2. Akuma. He made a great antagonist,and a fun character.

3. Maka- OK character.

4. Lister- Never saw Red Dwarf.

Like that. If two characters tie, we have a tiebreaker in the next match! Everyone ready?

#2 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

ROUND 1,MATCH 1

From left to right. Lister,from Red Dwarf,Walter White,from Breaking Bad,Grimlock from Transformers G1,and Hercules from Greek Mythology! Matches will be updated daily.

1. Hercules- The hero. Hercules is probably the greatest fictional hero of all time.

2. Grimlock- I know him.

3. Lister- I voted him last in the example.

4. Walter White- Never heard of him.

#3 Edited by NightFang (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Grimlock

2. Walter White

3. Lister and Hercules

#4 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightFang:No,the voting style is how I did it. In the right section of the post.

#5 Posted by Bestostero (5611 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hercules

2. Grimlock

3. Walter White

4. Lister

#6 Posted by Fetts (4083 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hercules-Kicks Greek God butt! 
2.Grimlock-He's a freaking Decepticon 
3. Walter and Lister-Don't know them.

#7 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Hercules : Timeless heroics/qualities that many fictional characters still get weighed against if they want to earn their hero status (immense strength, determination even against huge odds)

2 - Grimlock : One of the more popular Autobots, As well as one of the few who could actually go toe to toe with Optimus physically. And his Bizarro like speech style was awesome too...lol

3 - Walter White : Haven't seen the show, but I hear it is pretty good...

4 - Lister : Again, never heard of him, but someone has to lose.

#8 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Who the frick is Grimlock? 

Pretty sure Starscream is the most inconic Decepticon.

#9 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Are you going to vote? Grimlock is...well, I have no idea who he is. He's Transformers and I know the name,so I put him at second place.

#10 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanbeyond234 said:

@RainEffect: Are you going to vote? Grimlock is...well, I have no idea who he is. He's Transformers and I know the name,so I put him at second place.

Am I restricted only to the five you first posted?
#11 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:For today,you may only rank the first four. Really,it doesn't matter,since Hercules and Grimlock are moving on anyway. Tomorrow, I update with new characters. And do that until there is only one character remaining.

#12 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Who the frick is Grimlock? Pretty sure Starscream is the most inconic Decepticon.

Grimlock is an Autobot, leader of the Dinobots. (Even though Megatron, Devastator, and Soundwave may give Starscream a run for his money...lol)

#13 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:

@RainEffect said:

Who the frick is Grimlock? Pretty sure Starscream is the most inconic Decepticon.

Grimlock is an Autobot, leader of the Dinobots. (Even though Megatron, Devastator, and Soundwave may give Starscream a run for his money...lol)

The thing that was memorable about Starscream was that he was always trying to backstab Megatron, but he NEVER did. xD
#14 Posted by TRANSFORMCATEXE (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@whacknasty said:

@RainEffect said:

The thing that was memorable about Starscream was that he was always trying to backstab Megatron, but he NEVER did. xD

Sure he did. Ultimately backstabbing Megatron is his most well know moment. Next to the penance he paid shortly after of course.

Really preference aside Optimus Prime holds the TF title. Grimlock isn't even in every series, much less the films.

#15 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Grimlock

2.Hercules

3.Walter White(don't know who this is)

4.Lister...also don't know who this is

#16 Edited by Mortein (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Walter White- Main character from the best show

2.Hercules- True hero

3.Grimlock - just like the way he looks

4.Lister - while I liked red dwarf, I never really liked Lister, don't know why.

this is Walter (Heisenberg)

#17 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

ROUND 1,MATCH 2

Hercules and Grimlock move on with 22 and 18 points respectively. Lister loses with 7, Walter with 13.

This round's contestants are Rimmer from Red Dwarf,Luke Skywalker from Star Wars,Hulk from Marvel Comics,and Roland Deschain from the Dark Towers series.

1. Luke Skywalker- The protagonist of Star Wars. While not very likable, he is the protagonist

2. Hulk. A man with a monster dwelling inside of him. A tragic tale.

3. Roland- Read the series once. Didn't think much of it.

4. Rimmer- Sorry. Never heard of you until today.

#18 Posted by Fetts (4083 posts) - - Show Bio

Again I only know two of these people. 

-Luke Skywalker-he started as a farmer and ended up as one of the most powerful Jedi in the entire Star Wars Universe. 
-Hulk-uses the power that he strives so hard to get rid of to save other people and was hunted by the military at the same time. 
3. Roland and Rimmer-Don't know either of them. 

@batmanbeyond234: Out of curiosity, could I make a match?

#19 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts:Well, I could give you the list of Round 2 survivors and you could randomize them yourself. But none for this round, the matches have already been decided.

#20 Posted by Fetts (4083 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanbeyond234: Ok. That's cool.
#21 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Luke Skywalker; one of the finest examples of a classic bildungsroman ever. Fantastic character in every respect. 
  2. Hulk - Boring without Banner
  3. Rimmer - Not a King fan
  4. Roland - Less of a Red Dwarf fan
#23 Posted by one_upper (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake-Eyes

#24 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@one_upper:You did it wrong. I post 4 characters every day. You rank them in order of your favorites. Each rank equals a certain number of points. 1st-4,2nd-3 points,3rd-2 points,4th-1

#25 Posted by one_upper (994 posts) - - Show Bio

I know. Snake-Eyes beats them all :P

1. Luke Skywalker
  2. Hulk
  3. Rimmer
  4. Roland
#26 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanbeyond234 said:

ROUND 1,MATCH 2

Hercules and Grimlock move on with 22 and 18 points respectively. Lister loses with 7, Walter with 13.

This round's contestants are Rimmer from Red Dwarf,Luke Skywalker from Star Wars,Hulk from Marvel Comics,and Roland Deschain from the Dark Towers series.

1. Luke Skywalker- The protagonist of Star Wars. While not very likable, he is the protagonist

2. Hulk. A man with a monster dwelling inside of him. A tragic tale.

3. Roland- Read the series once. Didn't think much of it.

4. Rimmer- Sorry. Never heard of you until today.

1 - Roland Deschain - Going from my many years reading The Dark Tower paperbacks (but none of his comic appearances). Awesomely complex character in an awesomely complex and doomed tale. : )

2 - Luke Skywalker - I like him more than Anakin...but that may just be holding on to the original trilogy and the way it made me feel watching it as a kid.

3 - Hulk - Always identified with him/Banner, as I tend to bottle up everything from heart ache to anger. Just wish I could have a few rampages and blame it on a green guy.

4 - Rimmer - Never heard of him... : /

#27 Posted by Mortein (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Luke Skywalker he's a freakin Jedi

2. Hulk nice story, good character

3. Rimmer I remember that Iiked him, I don't remember why

4. Roland

#28 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio
1) Luke Skywalker
2) Roland Deschain
3) Hulk
4) Rimmer
#29 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sexy Merc said:

1) Luke Skywalker
2) Roland Deschain
3) Hulk
4) Rimmer

same.

#30 Edited by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

ROUND 1, MATCH 3

Luke Skywalker moves on with 30 points,and Hulk moves on with 21. Roland loses with 16, Rimmer with 11.

This match includes Morgoth,Maka Albarn,Cassidy,and Odd Job!

Morgoth, prime antagonist of the Silmarillion!
Maka Albarn,the scythe meister who defeated Asura the Kishin!
Pronsias Cassidy, friend of Jesse Custer who's love of life and honest vampirism fooled everyone about his dark past.
Odd Job,henchman of Auric Goldfiner who exceeds James Bond in skill in hand to hand combat.

1. Morgoth. The prime antagonist of one of my favorite novel. I loved the Silmarillion.

2. Maka. Maka gets annoying at times, but she is a great protagonist

3. Odd Job. I saw Goldfinger once.

4. Cassidy. Who? Also, what do you guys think of this style of character posts? Should I revert it to side by side or not?

#31 Posted by Mortein (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Morgoth

2. Odd Job

3. Cassidy

4.Maka

#32 Posted by Fetts (4083 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sad how I only know Odd Job in this match.

#33 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

1 - Morgoth: A bit of Tolkien bias here...lol

2 - Odd Job : I loved James Bond movies growing up...even though Jaws was more menacing to me...lol

3 - Cassidy: I have no clue who he is, but the vampire aspect makes him interesting

4 - Maka: No clue...

#34 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#35 Posted by The Hooded Hero (960 posts) - - Show Bio

How about one that ain't fictional? Has anybody ever seen Fearless?

#36 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Hooded Hero: You are only supposed to rank the four characters I just posted. Nominations are closed, you should have nominated in the beginning.

#37 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

ROUND 1, MATCH 4

Morgoth and Odd Job move on with 12 and 8 points,while Maka and Cassidy lose with 5.

Scooby Doo, Blossom(Powerpuff Girls),Quan Chi(Mortal Kombat),Yamcha(Dragon Ball Z)

1. Scooby Doo. One of the greatest and most pivotal cartoon characters.

2. Blossom. My personal favorite out of the Powerpuff Girls.

3. Yamcha. My favorite DBZ character. Even though I hate DBZ.

4. Quan Chi- Heard of him.

#38 Posted by Mortein (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Scooby Doo.

2: Yamcha

3. Blossom

4. Quan Chi

#39 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3161 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Snake Eyes

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Hulk

4. Rimmer

#40 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex:That match ended,and Snake Eyes wasn't in it. The current match was just posted.

#41 Posted by The Hooded Hero (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanbeyond234 said:

@The Hooded Hero: You are only supposed to rank the four characters I just posted. Nominations are closed, you should have nominated in the beginning.

Yea. Not a big deal to me. So moving on ha.

#42 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanbeyond234:

1 - Scooby Doo : Childhood favorite...and I still cant solve any of the cases before the big reveal...lol

2 - Blossom : Power Puff Girls was pretty epic when it premiered.

3 - Quan Chi : I lost interest in the whole MK series after II, but I still respect some of the characters

4 - Yamcha : I dont know much about the whole DBZ uni, but of the few characters I do know...this isnt one of them : /

#43 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules -The first and greatest hero; he is synonymous with strength and courage.

Thing - Modern day tragic hero who fights the good fight despite his looks and circumstances.

Superman - The first and greatest comic book superhero.

Captain America - The greatest superhero representing American ideals of freedom, hard work, morality and perseverance.

Thor - The Norse God of Thunder and Lighning who wields the Hammer of the Gods.

Captain Marvel - An innocent but worthy boy given the power of the gods whenever he says the word "SHAZAM!"

Flash Gordon - One of the original and most stylish sci-fi heroes of the 20th century who saved the Earth from many alien threats using only wit and skill.

Conan - The toughest s.o.b. of all modern literature, Conan has an appeal that has crossed over from fantasy/sword & sorcery into the mainstream.

The Man With No Name - American cowboy anti-hero made popular by Clint Eastwood in 1960's westerns who now appears in comics.

He-Man - An amagamation of elements from Hercules, Thor, Conan and others; due to the 1980's cartoon He-Man is one of the best known heroes of a generation.

#44 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: Dude. There are four characters up there. Rank them 1st place-4 points, 2nd-3,3rd-2,4th-1

#45 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanbeyond234 said:

@PowerHerc: Dude. There are four characters up there. Rank them 1st place-4 points, 2nd-3,3rd-2,4th-1

Okay.

Hercules - 4 points

Thing - 3 points

Superman - 2 points

Captain America - 1 point

#46 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc:No,the four characters i posted earlier.

#47 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

ROUND 1,MATCH 5

Scooby Doo and Blossom move on with 12 and 8 points each,Yamcha and Quan Chi lose with 6 and 4 respectively.

Spock,Wolverine,Bender(Futurama),and Zoidberg(Futurama)

1. Spock- Easily in the top ten of most iconic fictional characters.

2. Wolverine- Pretty overrated, but still an OK character.

3. Bender. Never watched Futurama.

4. Zoidberg. Read the above. Don't you just love how the two Futurama characters are in the same match?

#48 Posted by Mortein (2657 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is hard

1. Zoidberg

2. Spock

3. Bender

4. Wolverine, sorry Logan

#49 Posted by jhazzroucher (13949 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Wolverine

2. Zoidberg

3. Bender

4. Spock

#50 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanbeyond234: Tough...lol

1 - Wolverine : Hard to be an X-Men fan and not like something about Logan. And me still calling him Logan (instead of James) probably gives it away that I've been interested in him for a while.

2 - Spock: Never watched much Star Trek, and I still know this guy. Live long and prosper...lol

3 - Bender : Really hilarious character that I should watch more of. Futurama is probably all around better than the Simpsons...and has been for quite some time...

4 - Zoidberg : Someone had to come in last... : /