Grand Theft Auto V or Sleeping Dogs?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Grand Theft Auto V or Sleeping Dogs? (36 votes)

GTA V 83%
Sleeping Dogs 17%

Overall: Story, Gameplay, Graphics and Sound.

Which of these games satisfied your needs as a gamer and what made you come to that decision?

• 
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reserved.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gta 5

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Deathstroke02

I've played both.

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs THAT much, but I've played it... And I liked GTA V a lot more, the story is great, the gameplay is awesome, the graphics are unique and the sound is good.

I loved GTA V, is my favorite game. Sleeping Dogs was also great though, but I preffer Grand Theft Auto V (my opinion, lol)

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think GTA 5 was better and more fulfilling, I absolutely love both though. GTA was just longer, there was more to do and all and all more refined and fine tuned.

Sleeping Dogs was an amazing game aswell though and id recommend anyone who likes the genre to try it out and support it, I absolutely love the asian setting - its a really fresh take and makes it so much more intresting. "This is motherf****** Hong-Kong!" <- Love that radio song lol. Sleeping dogs also felt more realistic while GTA likes to be slightly over the top at times if that makes a difference. Both are pretty realistic though.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I haven't played too much of GTA V but to be completely honest, Sleeping Dogs has a better story, far more addictive gameplay, and I prefer the aesthetic of Hong Kong over Los Santos. Technically and obviously, GTA wins in that regard. In regards to sound, both Sleeping Dogs and GTA have a killer voice cast and they portray their parts to a fantastic degree but I don't know man, the soundtrack and tone of Hong Kong just appealed to me more because it's something fresh.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turel_hash_ak_gik

sleeping dogs. f**king dog eyes. and wei shen. and emma stone, kelly hu, tom wilkinson, james hong, lucy liu. who does gta 5 got? the a**hat that made fun of silent hill 2. better story, better gameplay (oh yes i play games so i can play golf or sky dive pfffff no), better voice acting and less freaking stereotypes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I actually like Sleeping Dogs more. I beat the Campaign mode for both games. I know thats pathetic, I beat both games in like 6 days. I liked the gameplay a little more in Sleeping dogs mainly because of it fighting style. You don't need guns and cheat codes to kick some ass in that game. You can stuff someone in your trunk then drive them into a river, put someones head in and air vent and have there head come off. Also the story was a lot better. GTA 5 is a lot better

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

GTA V is more of a game where you mess around and do whatever. The story is alright, but the open world makes up for it (not to mention the seemingly endless activities in said world).

Sleeping Dogs, while big, is nowhere as massive as GTA V, but does have a better fighting system, semi-parkour, executions, and a better story.

Avatar image for turel_hash_ak_gik
turel_hash_ak_gik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: yeah. gta 5 dilutes its gameplay to the point of it becoming sims. plus the scenery is very generic. how vibrant was hong kong?!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

. how vibrant was hong kong?!

Exactly why I preferred Sleeping Dogs. It is was a unique setting for open-world games and it seemed pretty authentic to me.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

GTA 5> Sleeping Dogs> GTA 4

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By PeppeyHare

They're pretty different games honestly. I enjoyed both but I got more out of GTA V

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They're pretty different games honestly. I enjoyed both but I got more out of GTA V

Your right about them being completely different games. Most people say that Sleeping Dogs is a rip-off, but the only thing thats the same is the open world status.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't played GTA 5 yet, but having played Sleeping Dogs, I'd probably still give GTA my vote. Looks like it has way more to offer.

Sleeping Dogs was great, but it didn't really have a ton to do once you were through with the story.

@gor724 said:

@peppeyhare said:

Your right about them being completely different games. Most people say that Sleeping Dogs is a rip-off, but the only thing thats the same is the open world status.

Any open-world game with a crime theme is almost immediately labeled a GTA rip-off. It's stupid, really.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually glad some people mentioned the story of Sleeping Dogs. Even though I'm still finishing of GTA V, I think the story of Sleeping Dogs knocks it out of the park. Good to see some SD fans.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually glad some people mentioned the story of Sleeping Dogs. Even though I'm still finishing of GTA V, I think the story of Sleeping Dogs knocks it out of the park. Good to see some SD fans.

SD's story is definitely the highest point of the game for me. It really ramps up towards the end when Jackie dies and you put Big Smile Lee through a wood-chipper.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zombie_: Man you remember that? I need to replay it. But yes, the suspense of an undercover cop story is always good. How Wei Shen actually got attached to the gang, he was going pretty deep. Now I have to play it again.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: It hasn't been too long since I played it, I think. And it kinda stuck with me, since it's one of the better game endings that I've played.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kgb725

Ill say Gta but it is nothing against Sleeping Dogs

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA V stomps and i played the two games.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

GTA V.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA 5 is much better.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed them both but there are some things I like and don't like from them both.

Watch Dogs ftw

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zombie_ said:

@monsterstomp said:

SD's story is definitely the highest point of the game for me. It really ramps up towards the end when Jackie dies and you put Big Smile Lee through a wood-chipper.

What about Winston's and Peggy's death during their own wedding!? Man, that was a brutal scene. I never even noticed how attached I became to the characters until I took my anger out on those damn rival gangs!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zombie_ said:

@monsterstomp said:

What about Winston's and Peggy's death during their own wedding!? Man, that was a brutal scene. I never even noticed how attached I became to the characters until I took my anger out on those damn rival gangs!

I agree. They nailed it with the emotions and suspense.

dtrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grand Theft Auto V is the far superior game in my opinion. Gameplay and variety is what makes a game more than a story for me.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dtrex said:

Grand Theft Auto V is the far superior game in my opinion. Gameplay and variety is what makes a game more than a story for me.

You have 1 post.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Zombie_

@_zombie_ said:

@monsterstomp said:

Okay, now that I forgot. That entire level was really effed up. The bloody wedding suit was awesome, too.

dtrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dtrex said:

You have 1 post.

And?

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

completed gta 5 and it is amazing characters are great so much too do just epic while sleeping dogs isn't really top of my list

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nerdork

Apparently, i should check out this Sleep Dogs game!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WarBlade539

@monsterstomp: I really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs but to be honest, it was really repetitive. The side missions aren't that interesting and there's nothing much to do besides police and triad missions. How many times did you have to stop to help a lady only to be mugged by the same guy, over and over again?

There are a lot of ways to earn money but there's not much to spend on. No ways to buy property, no investments. The game just didn't offer much, tbh.

Loading Video...