• 113 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By gmanfromheck

I wasn't serious when I told them that.  I just didn't want to argue it.  It's as others said, what did it matter what I thought or believed in.  Plus I didn't want to push my views on something like that.  The school admin would tell us not to speak our political views during election time.  Guess religion was just a given taboo topic.  Sometimes I like to think that we're all right.  It's all one god that allows us to believe in what works for us.  So that would mean all religions were "correct."

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By Methos
G~man said:
 It's all one god that allows us to believe in what works for us.  So that would mean all religions were "correct."

thats the first statement in this thread that i agree with completely

M
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#53  Edited By gmanfromheck

Do I win a prize?

GreyGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By GreyGoose
G~man said:
"Do I win a prize?"

u getta kiss from me
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Hedatary
G~man said:
"I wasn't serious when I told them that.  I just didn't want to argue it.  It's as others said, what did it matter what I thought or believed in.  Plus I didn't want to push my views on something like that.  The school admin would tell us not to speak our political views during election time.  Guess religion was just a given taboo topic.  Sometimes I like to think that we're all right.  It's all one god that allows us to believe in what works for us.  So that would mean all religions were "correct."
"
Yes but what is correct and what is curropted? some where along the line, people curropted religions to fit there own views. Take a bible for example, it's a book filled with contradiction and a mess of stuff that spins your brain. The bible has been changed many times over the years and is probebly not even the same anymore but thats what i think.

What i am trying to say is, what is the true religion, the core that started it all and seperates all that before people curropted it?
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hedatary
GreyGoose said:
"G~man said:
"Do I win a prize?"

u getta kiss from me"
.....oh god no. I don't want  G-Man to turn into a pedo.
GreyGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GreyGoose
Hedatary said:
"G~man said:
"I wasn't serious when I told them that.  I just didn't want to argue it.  It's as others said, what did it matter what I thought or believed in.  Plus I didn't want to push my views on something like that.  The school admin would tell us not to speak our political views during election time.  Guess religion was just a given taboo topic.  Sometimes I like to think that we're all right.  It's all one god that allows us to believe in what works for us.  So that would mean all religions were "correct."
"
Yes but what is correct and what is curropted? some where along the line, people curropted religions to fit there own views. Take a bible for example, it's a book filled with contradiction and a mess of stuff that spins your brain. The bible has been changed many times over the years and is probebly not even the same anymore but thats what i think.

What i am trying to say is, what is the true religion, the core that started it all and seperates all that before people curropted it?
"

no one will ever know
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By King_Saturn
Hedatary said:
"G~man said:
"

"
I always wonder about that...
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hedatary
GreyGoose said:
"Hedatary said:
"G~man said:
"

"

no one will ever know"
And THAT is why people talk about it.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Methos said:
"G~man said:
 It's all one god that allows us to believe in what works for us.  So that would mean all religions were "correct."

M"

Ditto
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By King_Saturn
The Bible at times is one of the most confusing pieces of literature I have ever read... and thats coming from a Catholic

lol
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Methos said:
"G~man said:

M"

Ditto"
lol that was the part i agreed on.
Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mer-Man

O_o You got Methos to agree with you on religion..... Nice! lol

Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hedatary

lol for some reason thi reminds me of the Spawn comics, and how GOD is actually a selfish F%cker who needed to get off his throan and spanked by his mom aka the Creation/Destruction while the Satan was the one who gave humans free will. hahaha it also involved some hindo goddess of death and destruction.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Mer-Man said:
"O_o You got Methos to agree with you on religion..... Nice! lol"

Not entirely religion :P
Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Is there madness in my being, is it wind that blows the trees?

I am filthy with my sin, I carry pride like a disease.

That's why my heart burns, I'll let the rest of you figure your own path.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By King_Saturn
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Is there madness in my being, is it wind that blows the trees?

I am filthy with my sin, I carry pride like a disease.

That's why my heart burns, I'll let the rest of you figure your own path."
Hmm...interesting. What is this from ? 
ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By ladydeath

Some people have a profound way of wanting chaos and drama, so religion is ONE big way to start some drama!

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

The first two and a half lines are random snippets from a song I was and still am listening too at the moment (it's quite long) called Obsession by my favouritist band of all time Delirious/

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By King_Saturn
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"The first two and a half lines are random snippets from a song I was and still am listening too at the moment (it's quite long) called Obsession by my favouritist band of all time Delirious/"
Oh I See
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hedatary

Just a question, when i was born, the hospital was on fire, and i had to go through a c-section at the same time. Whats more, i was born in Chrisman 25. does that make me the next messiah of GOD or the harbringer of the Devil? lol

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I'll state this once and never again.

We all have our own beliefs, whether it be in god, Reincarnation, or whatever else is out there. Why does it matter so much to people whether we believe in their God or any of their beliefs? I know for christians its a big deal, they want to save everyone's soul and make sure everyone has a beautiful eternity. But does our beliefs make us any less a person then the rest of you? Does it change your view on someone? And if it does then you have no true concept of what Religion means. Sure some religions persecute those that do not believe the same as they do, but does it really matter? We are all people, we all bleed the same, and here we all have a similar interest. So I ask that everyone just leave the religion out of it. Because It just causes arguements and stress.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Hedatary said:
"Just a question, when i was born, the hospital was on fire, and i had to go through a c-section at the same time. Whats more, i was born in Chrisman 25. does that make me the next messiah of GOD or the harbringer of the Devil? lol"

Neither. In christianity the Messiah has come already. Well in certain sects anyway. The Anti Christ is whats to come next, and I highly doubt he'd be here writing on the threads :P
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"I'll state this once and never again.

We all have our own beliefs, whether it be in god, Reincarnation, or whatever else is out there. Why does it matter so much to people whether we believe in their God or any of their beliefs? I know for christians its a big deal, they want to save everyone's soul and make sure everyone has a beautiful eternity. But does our beliefs make us any less a person then the rest of you? Does it change your view on someone? And if it does then you have no true concept of what Religion means. Sure some religions persecute those that do not believe the same as they do, but does it really matter? We are all people, we all bleed the same, and here we all have a similar interest. So I ask that everyone just leave the religion out of it. Because It just causes arguements and stress."
hahhaha people talk about religion no matter what they believe in is because it's interesting.....and it got rid of my boredom. So....
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Hedatary said:
"Just a question, when i was born, the hospital was on fire, and i had to go through a c-section at the same time. Whats more, i was born in Chrisman 25. does that make me the next messiah of GOD or the harbringer of the Devil? lol"

Neither. In christianity the Messiah has come already. Well in certain sects anyway. The Anti Christ is whats to come next, and I highly doubt he'd be here writing on the threads :P"
Who ever said anything about christianity?
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Hedatary said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

We all have our own beliefs, whether it be in god, Reincarnation, or whatever else is out there. Why does it matter so much to people whether we believe in their God or any of their beliefs? I know for christians its a big deal, they want to save everyone's soul and make sure everyone has a beautiful eternity. But does our beliefs make us any less a person then the rest of you? Does it change your view on someone? And if it does then you have no true concept of what Religion means. Sure some religions persecute those that do not believe the same as they do, but does it really matter? We are all people, we all bleed the same, and here we all have a similar interest. So I ask that everyone just leave the religion out of it. Because It just causes arguements and stress."
hahhaha people talk about religion no matter what they believe in is because it's interesting.....and it got rid of my boredom. So...."
Do you know how many time this has been debated? Since I've been here I know there have been several threads about it. But honestly why does it matter, your religion doesnt exactly make you, you do that yourself.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By King_Saturn
Hedatary said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

hahhaha people talk about religion no matter what they believe in is because it's interesting.....and it got rid of my boredom. So...."
I agree
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Hedatary said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Hedatary said:

Neither. In christianity the Messiah has come already. Well in certain sects anyway. The Anti Christ is whats to come next, and I highly doubt he'd be here writing on the threads :P"
Who ever said anything about christianity?"
Well I automatically took it as Christianity since they are the ones who believe that there is a Messiah. Im not very up to date on other religions but I know Wiccan Believe in several Gods (or something to that effect) and well others believe in one god.
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Hedatary said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

Do you know how many time this has been debated? Since I've been here I know there have been several threads about it. But honestly why does it matter, your religion doesnt exactly make you, you do that yourself."
Yes but it doesn't stop people from  talking about it no matter how true that statement is.
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Why do we talk about comics or anything else for that matter? Humans are social creatures, we need to hear others views. Sometimes because we need affirmation that others think as we do, sometimes because we want to persuade others and sometimes because we just want to know.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By King_Saturn
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Why do we talk about comics or anything else for that matter? Humans are social creatures, we need to hear others views. Sometimes because we need affirmation that others think as we do, sometimes because we want to persuade others and sometimes because we just want to know."
That Is Correct
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Why do we talk about comics or anything else for that matter? Humans are social creatures, we need to hear others views. Sometimes because we need affirmation that others think as we do, sometimes because we want to persuade others and sometimes because we just want to know."

I agree with that. But does it always have to be about religion. I say this because I am quick to say I am agnostic but when it comes to certain issues I will state the christian point of view. But there are other things to debate about. There is even a thread for it ;P
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Hedatary
King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"
Nwa, people are just violent in nature and goes into debates before falling out from a disagreement and uses wars as testement of who is right and who is wrong....buuuut that was in the past. Now, well...lol
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Politics comes up a bit on here, but politics differ by country while religion is more universal.

Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Hedatary
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Politics comes up a bit on here, but politics differ by country while religion is more universal."
Politics + religion = bad.....veeeerry, veeeeeery bad.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"
Nwa, people are just violent in nature and goes into debates before falling out from a disagreement and uses wars as testement of who is right and who is wrong....buuuut that was in the past. Now, well...lol"

It still happens. But I use debates to get the knowledge. I once had a debate with several people and it got pretty heated, but in the end it didnt change our views or our friendships. Debates dont always have to end in war, not as long as you know that its just that, a debate on views and it is nothing to do with the people involved.
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"
Nwa, people are just violent in nature and goes into debates before falling out from a disagreement and uses wars as testement of who is right and who is wrong....buuuut that was in the past. Now, well...lol"

It still happens. But I use debates to get the knowledge. I once had a debate with several people and it got pretty heated, but in the end it didnt change our views or our friendships. Debates dont always have to end in war, not as long as you know that its just that, a debate on views and it is nothing to do with the people involved."
lol it was a joke
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"Politics comes up a bit on here, but politics differ by country while religion is more universal."

It doesnt have to be politics, it can be about anything. Animal Cruelty, Abortion, Third World Countries, peoples views on Iraq, On their respective governments, and other things. There is so much more to life then Religion.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By King_Saturn
Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"
Thats True. But lets be real here... we arent really getting that out of hand with these debates on religion on the Vine. Hell we have had more heated debates in the Battle Forums than what we have had here in the Off Topic over Religion. 

lol
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
King Saturn said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"
Thats True. But lets be real here... we arent really getting that out of hand with these debates on religion on the Vine. Hell we have had more heated debates in the Battle Forums than what we have had here in the Off Topic over Religion. 

lol
"

King Saturn said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"

lol
"
Were you there for the Abortion debate xP
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:

It doesnt have to be politics, it can be about anything. Animal Cruelty, Abortion, Third World Countries, peoples views on Iraq, On their respective governments, and other things. There is so much more to life then Religion."
That is politics
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Not necessarily, those are beliefs hun. There is a huge difference between the two.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By King_Saturn
Kiara_Sullivan said:
King Saturn said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"

lol
"
Were you there for the Abortion debate xP"
Oh God... Yes I Was. That May Have Been The Most Intriguing Debate I Was Ever In... I had To Take A Breather From That One..

lol
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel
Hedatary said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
Politics + religion = bad.....veeeerry, veeeeeery bad."
Yes, I'm glad religion and politics are more seperate here than they are in the US. One of the wonders of American politics is how they turned Jesus, probably one of the most left-wing, pacifistic figures in history (regardless of whether you believe he's God or not) and made him into a figure head for the pro-war, guns and rich people party.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
King Saturn said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
King Saturn said:
"Hedatary said:
"King Saturn said:
"Cosmic Sentinel said:
That Is Correct"

lol
"
Were you there for the Abortion debate xP"
Oh God... Yes I Was. That May Have Been The Most Intriguing Debate I Was Ever In... I had To Take A Breather From That One..

lol
"
We need another debate like that :P I should revive the thread
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Not necessarily, those are beliefs hun. There is a huge difference between the two."
Politics involves world views. There is a reason why things like animal cruelity is still alive, it all roots back to politics.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Hedatary said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Not necessarily, those are beliefs hun. There is a huge difference between the two."
Politics involves world views. There is a reason why things like animal cruelity is still alive, it all roots back to politics."

I guess in a sense you are correct. But I see my views on Animal Cruelty and abortion as beliefs not anything to do with politics.
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

That's one of the problems with our partisan political systems. Being pro or anti-abortion probably has little to do with your views on taxation, but with the system we have you have to pick the lesser of two evils.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Cosmic Sentinel said:
"That's one of the problems with our partisan political systems. Being pro or anti-abortion probably has little to do with your views on taxation, but with the system we have you have to pick the lesser of two evils."

I agree, but when it comes to killing harmless embryo's and higher taxes. I pick the taxes.
Hedatary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Hedatary
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Hedatary said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
Politics involves world views. There is a reason why things like animal cruelity is still alive, it all roots back to politics."

I guess in a sense you are correct. But I see my views on Animal Cruelty and abortion as beliefs not anything to do with politics."
Everything involves politics. When a law is passed, it is debated and voted and thus passed into a bill. Okay, so there are people protesting something, why are they protesting? because the government is not satisfying them. They are not doing anything because of politics, curroption and higher power involvement. Otherwise they wouldn't be any protests, animal curelity and other shit because if the government was actually doing something without getting at each others throats and beliefs, we wouldn't have people doing somethingl iike protesting or animal ctuelity or abortion.