GOP plays "madman theory" in election with Obama

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

It is now clear and generally admitted that the GOP'( Grand Old Party aka the Republicans)s strategy is to oppose everything proposed by the Obama Administration (esp judicial appointments) in the hope that the American electorate will blame the incumbent President come Election Day six months from now- all to make Barack Obama a "one term president".

This "madman /chicken theory" strikes me as an outsider as an extraordinarily selfish and short sighted policy- the only thing worse than losing would be winning- does Mitt Romney want to wreck the US economy(which of course will be blamed on Obama- ignoring the fact that many of the problems Obama had to deal with were bequeathed to him by George W.Bush's Administration to begin with) if he wins and takes the the oath of office on January 20, 2013?

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By utotheg38

While I'm not really a fan of obama, From what I've researched on Romney. We would be in trouble if he got into office

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Paracelsus said:

It is now clear and generally admitted that the GOP'( Grand Old Party aka the Republicans)s strategy is to oppose everything proposed by the Obama Administration (esp judicial appointments) in the hope that the American electorate will blame the incumbent President come Election Day six months from now- all to make Barack Obama a "one term president".

This "madman /chicken theory" strikes me as an outsider as an extraordinarily selfish and short sighted policy- the only thing worse than losing would be winning- does Mitt Romney want to wreck the US economy(which of course will be blamed on Obama- ignoring the fact that many of the problems Obama had to deal with were bequeathed to him by George W.Bush's Administration to begin with) if he wins and takes the the oath of office on January 20, 2013?

Selfish? Short-sighted? Arrogant? Of course it is....don't you know who we are? We're motherf%^&* AMERICA.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Bipartisanship will be the death of this country.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Paracelsus

Which brings me to the extraordinary antipathy the Republicans have for Obama(arguably exceeding even that for Democratic predecessors like FDR, Harry Truman and Bill "Beelzebubba"Clinton). Whilst it would crass to imply that it is inspired totally by racism, neither could this factor(pace the "birther" controversy) be totally discounted either. Republicans may have sneered at "Franklin Rosenvelt and his Jew Deal"( he was Episcopalian BTW) or made tasteless jokes about an alleged hotline between JFK's Oval Office and the Holy See, neither seriously disputed their right to be President or that they were not as American as apple pie- hence the implicit racism in the "birther" argument- Obama as the nation's first black President is NOT "one of us".

Terry

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Paracelsus: I don't like the Republicans and I don't like Obama. They're all too corrupt and self-serving for my taste. But this does get to the root of a problem we have here in America. Namely acting like a spoiled child when we don't get our way.
Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obama and Romney are practically the same people. Don't see how one can honestly like one over the other.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

Obama and Romney are practically the same people. Don't see how one can honestly like one over the other.

They are, but they aren't.
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman

Democrat are no better the Republicans. It's all about power. How to get it for themselves and how to get it away from the other guy. Nothing else matters to them.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By GTG12

@Lunacyde:

All politicians are like that haha.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points