#1 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

So I decided to play through all the mass effects by purchasing the trilogy. I mean besides waking up and excersisng then playing with my mini pig my summer has been pretty lax. Course mabye this will spice up my gaming!

WISH ME LUCK

#2 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16059 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Renegade for life.

#5 Posted by russellmania77 (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

May the force be ever in you're favor

#6 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Still playing through ME1

*Soldier

*Ruthless

*Squad mates: Wrex and Liara

*Budding relationship Liara

*Bros for life me and Wrex

*Good to squad mates mostly a hard ass, total psycho to anyone else or a di**

QUESTION

When I transfer my guy to ME2 what happens??

#7 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

QUESTION

When I transfer my guy to ME2 what happens??

Your choices transfer over. Your character model and class will transfer, but I think you're able to change the class, if you want to (I don't remember, though).

For example: your character background is "Ruthless," rather than War Hero or... I forget what the last one was. But that decision transfers. I don't want to say what else transfers, because those are spoilers.

Oh, and your romantic choice also transfers.

#8 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Thanks!

Joker the ultimate cock blocker.

#9 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

And Boom goes the dynamite..... (:

#10 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16059 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright finished Mass effect one a while ago time for NUMBA 2!!!

Decisions

*Didn't save Council

*Killed ranchi queen

*Had sex with Laria

* RENEGADE

*Saved Wrex

#12 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Liara > everything else in the trilogy

Great stuff, enjoy!

#13 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

Decisions

*Didn't save Council

*Killed ranchi queen

*Had sex with Laria

* RENEGADE

*Saved Wrex

Did you choose Ashley or Kaiden?

#14 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow said:

Decisions

*Didn't save Council

*Killed ranchi queen

*Had sex with Laria

* RENEGADE

*Saved Wrex

Did you choose Ashley or Kaiden?

Kaiden to die, next play through I do Ash I'll probaly do a fem-shep to and be Paragon.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaiden to die, next play through I do Ash I'll probaly do a fem-shep to and be Paragon.

In my Paragon playthrough, I saved Ashley because I chose her as my romance choice. In Renegade, I saved Kaiden and went with Liara.

Didn't stay with Ashley or Liara by the end, though (this isn't a spoiler; just personal choice due to more options).

Start playing Mass Effect 2, though. That's the best game in the series, in my opinion.

#16 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

In my Paragon playthrough, I saved Ashley because I chose her as my romance choice. In Renegade, I saved Kaiden and went with Liara.

Didn't stay with Ashley or Liara by the end, though (this isn't a spoiler; just personal choice due to more options).

Start playing Mass Effect 2, though. That's the best game in the series, in my opinion.

Just finished Shadow Broker DLC since I was loyal to Laria hit dat. Garrus is my new bro and yeah I'm chugging by and so far ME2 is awesome.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Just finished Shadow Broker DLC since I was loyal to Laria hit dat. Garrus is my new bro and yeah I'm chugging by and so far ME2 is awesome.

For the record: Liara, not Laria.

#18 Posted by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

For example: your character background is "Ruthless," rather than War Hero or... I forget what the last one was.

Sole Survivor. But those secondary backgrounds have little effect on the story. A little bit changes here and there, like the batarian reactions to a Ruthless Shepard or some Cerberus logs about a Sole Survivor Shepard, but mostly irrelevant.

I never got why people like Liara so much. She's nice, but a little boring, honestly.

#19 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

For example: your character background is "Ruthless," rather than War Hero or... I forget what the last one was.

Sole Survivor. But those secondary backgrounds have little effect on the story. A little bit changes here and there, like the batarian reactions to a Ruthless Shepard or some Cerberus logs about a Sole Survivor Shepard, but mostly irrelevant.

I never got why people like Liara so much. She's nice, but a little boring, honestly.

Ruthless also gives you a Renegade bonus in the beginning... not that it matters. But I think it also affects the news reels in the game. It's mostly a slight change in tone.

Me, neither. I chose Ashley in the first game, then Tali in ME2 and 3.

#20 Posted by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@citizenbane said:

@jedixman said:

Ruthless also gives you a Renegade bonus in the beginning... not that it matters. But I think it also affects the news reels in the game. It's mostly a slight change in tone.

Me, neither. I chose Ashley in the first game, then Tali in ME2 and 3.

Yeah, if you were a Sole Survivor the Shepard Memorial monument is on Akuze, if you were a War Hero it's on Elysium, etc. Minor changes.

I could never pick Ashley. Kinda racist, harbors a death wish, more than a bit annoying. Tali's great, though.

#21 Posted by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

I could never pick Ashley. Kinda racist, harbors a death wish, more than a bit annoying. Tali's great, though.

Eh. It was more due to a lack of choices in ME1. Her or Liara... it was a little hard. Much preferred ME2 overall. I would have picked Tali from the start if I could. She's one of my favorite characters.

Yeah, if you were a Sole Survivor the Shepard Memorial monument is on Akuze, if you were a War Hero it's on Elysium, etc. Minor changes.

And if you were ruthless, I believe it mentions that the Shepard Memorial was desecrated.

#22 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't hug Tali I will punch you through the internet.

#23 Edited by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

How heartless do you have to be to not hug Tali?

#24 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@decoy_elite said:

I didn't do a single paragon interrupt except for hugging Tali.

Seriously it's at the point that a renegade leaves Tali hanging that I consider them a villain protagonist.

#25 Edited by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite said:

@jedixman said:
@decoy_elite said:

I didn't do a single paragon interrupt except for hugging Tali.

Seriously it's at the point that a renegade leaves Tali hanging that I consider them a villain protagonist.

Agreed.

Tali's essentially the only character who hasn't, and doesn't, do anything "bad." Except for the Geth thing, but that wasn't her fault. The thing with Legion was understandable, too.

#26 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Yeah, she's definitely my favorite crew member by far.

#27 Edited by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Yeah, she's definitely my favorite crew member by far.

My list is something like this:

1. Tali
  2. Garrus
  3. Thane
  4. Legion (who got the short end of the companion-time stick)
  5. EDI
  6. Jack
  7. Mordin
  8. Wrex

James is the absolute worst of all the companions.

#28 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: For me I'd say,

1. Tali

2. Mordin

3. Wrex

4. Garrus

5. Legion

6. Garrus

7. Jack

8. Thane

Miranda is the worst IMO. Although I never did really play 3 because I couldn't get into it like 2.

#29 Posted by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

Ashley and Kaidan are the only squadmates I ever disliked. Ashley because she's annoying and racist, Kaidan because he's just flat out boring. Liara's a little boring too. Wrex was one of my favorites because I loved his backstory: the visionary who lost hope in the people he was trying to save and turned his back on them, until that hope was restored and he decided to stick it out and drag them to glory whether they liked it or not. After playing through Wrex's whole story until the genophage cure, try playing with Wrex dead and his idiotic, war-crazed brother Wreav in charge. Listening to Wreav gloat about how the krogan are going to kill everyone in revenge after listening to Wrex's rational, well thought out plans will make anyone who let Wrex die on Virmire want to shoot themselves.

There's a bunch of characters I didn't like until I talked to them more and got to know them better; Miranda is the biggest example of that. Sure, she's cold at the start but eventually her insecurities about being perfect come to light, and it's intriguing stuff. Jack was one of the worst things about ME2 for me, but she was one of the best things about ME3. Grunt......simple, uncomplicated character, easy to love.

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34359 posts) - - Show Bio

Some bad choices being made up in this thread

#31 Posted by Saren (26026 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a song in Shepard's apartment in the Citadel DLC called "Bad Choices"........I love that song.

#32 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

in a nutshell

#33 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34359 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

There's a song in Shepard's apartment in the Citadel DLC called "Bad Choices"........I love that song.

#34 Edited by JediXMan (31250 posts) - - Show Bio

Ashley and Kaidan are the only squadmates I ever disliked. Ashley because she's annoying and racist, Kaidan because he's just flat out boring. Liara's a little boring too. Wrex was one of my favorites because I loved his backstory: the visionary who lost hope in the people he was trying to save and turned his back on them, until that hope was restored and he decided to stick it out and drag them to glory whether they liked it or not. After playing through Wrex's whole story until the genophage cure, try playing with Wrex dead and his idiotic, war-crazed brother Wreav in charge. Listening to Wreav gloat about how the krogan are going to kill everyone in revenge after listening to Wrex's rational, well thought out plans will make anyone who let Wrex die on Virmire want to shoot themselves.

I never let Wrex die, not even during my Renegade playthrough. Both times, my Renegade and Paragon levels were high enough to go for alternative routes. I just couldn't bring myself to kill him.

There's a bunch of characters I didn't like until I talked to them more and got to know them better; Miranda is the biggest example of that. Sure, she's cold at the start but eventually her insecurities about being perfect come to light, and it's intriguing stuff. Jack was one of the worst things about ME2 for me, but she was one of the best things about ME3. Grunt......simple, uncomplicated character, easy to love.

I liked Miranda and Jacob more after their Loyalty missions. Neither are among my favorites, but they grew on me. I liked Jack, but I liked her more after the Loyalty mission.

Grunt... eh. He's not Wrex. Doesn't have nearly the same level of personality.