Going to Chicago for first time

Avatar image for a_touch_of_class__atc_
A Touch of Class (ATC)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

August 30th I have a flight over to Chicago and am going to stay in the area for a few months for some well deserved vacation. I've always wanted to go there but haven't had the opportunity. I'm just curious, is there anyone in the Chicago area that knows the layout? Are there any places that I just have to go to that are just plain awesome or fun? I'm not picky, I enjoy things from a large variety. I want to get as much fun as I can get. Also, any stand-out comic shops that you know of? I know Chicago is a big area, but if you guys know of any great places in Chicago it would be great to know. :) I'm going on my own and don't know anyone there which is why I'm asking. Thanks. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Chicago style pizza= awesome 
Chicago style hot dog= disgusting 

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Captain13

I go to college in Evanston, IL. It's about 30 mins North of Chicago. You may want to visit Navy Pier, Millennium Park (during Winter), the Harris Theater, the Shedd Aquarium, The Petrillo Music Shell, and the Art Institute of Chicago. They're all really cool, and they're pretty close to each other. I get my comics in Evanston, so I don't really know about any comic shops in Chicago. If you google "comic book stores in Chicago" that should help.

Have fun!