Godzilla size over the years.....

#1 frozen  Moderator

Wow.

No Caption Provided

Hey people are continually being needed to be impressed by movies, why not make him 120 meters then lol, I feel like 120 is a decent height

What's she been eating?

I wonder how strong Godzilla is ? I mean relatively speaking can it lift several times it's own weight or are his arms too small to really get hold of a massive object that size ?

150 meters is only 492 feet. If we use the Golden Gate Bridge scene - he's actually probably bigger than that. The Towers on the GG bridge are 746 feet above the water. Godzilla was near the top of them...and he was standing in the water. By comparison the top of the towers and the road is 500 feet alone. So if you imagine him standing on the bridge, he'd dwarf them.

I don't know the depth of the water and even if I did, I have no way of knowing exactly how he tall he was standing in compared to the towers, but I'd say he's between 500-750.

I like it, he should be big and today we have the technology to do that.

I wonder how strong Godzilla is ? I mean relatively speaking can it lift several times it's own weight or are his arms too small to really get hold of a massive object that size ?

Doesn't really matter when you can break the laws of physics.

Loading Video...

@_gaff_ said:

@king_saturn said:

Loading Video...

Well it does matter as the Godzilla character doesn't really have arms that would allow it to hold something that is heavily massive in size like it's own body. The drop kick is an example of just crummy effects. I don't know how they would have Godzilla holding up a 100,000 ton object with those little arms.

@_gaff_ said:

@king_saturn said:

Loading Video...

Well it does matter as the Godzilla character doesn't really have arms that would allow it to hold something that is heavily massive in size like it's own body. The drop kick is an example of just crummy effects. I don't know how they would have Godzilla holding up a 100,000 ton object with those little arms.

Physics are for non-giant reptiles.

Loading Video...

#10 frozen  Moderator

@king_saturn: In Final Wars he lifted King Ghidorah who was at least 80,000 tonnes, so he's stronger than his own weight. New Godzilla is at least 100,000 tonnes if not more.

Marvel Godzilla matched Thor in strength.

@king_saturn said:

@_gaff_ said:

@king_saturn said:

Loading Video...

Physics are for non-giant reptiles.

Loading Video...

This is the second video someone posted... and neither one of them actually show Godzilla lifting something that's massive in size... at least Godzilla's Size. Please Try Harder.

@frozen said:

@king_saturn: In Final Wars he lifted King Ghidorah who was at least 80,000 tonnes, so he's stronger than his own weight. New Godzilla is at least 100,000 tonnes if not more.

Marvel Godzilla matched Thor in strength.

How much does Godzilla weigh ? And how did it look when Godzilla actually lifted Ghidorah ?

Godzilla matching Thor's strength isn't that impressive to me simply because of Godzilla's massive size advantage over Thor... I mean it's not like Godzilla really has to lift up Thor as he could fit inside his hand.

I can't even tell which of those videos is better.

Update on Godzilla's size

No Caption Provided

The water under the Golden Gate bridge is more than 300 feet deep. The road sits about 245 feet above the water and the towers are another 500 feet above that at their peak.

So the fact that the road was only going up to his stomach means Godzilla is EASILY taller than 500 feet as that alone is 545 feet approximately.

If we assume he is even half way up the tower he's approaching 800 feet tall.

Although there are probably inconsistencies with that size as I don't know if he was taller than all the buildings (none of them in SF are close to 800). Then again, that also could be because of posture.

@king_saturn:

"This is the second video someone posted... and neither one of them actually show Godzilla lifting something that's massive in size... at least Godzilla's Size. Please Try Harder."

Best I can find.

Loading Video...

And how did it look when Godzilla actually lifted Ghidorah ?

Around 0:28. I am sure there is batter video out there though.

Loading Video...

@_gaff_ said:

@king_saturn:

"This is the second video someone posted... and neither one of them actually show Godzilla lifting something that's massive in size... at least Godzilla's Size. Please Try Harder."

Best I can find.

Loading Video...

And how did it look when Godzilla actually lifted Ghidorah ?

Around 0:28. I am sure there is batter video out there though.

Loading Video...

So technically Godzilla can not lift something several times it's own weight as neither one of these monsters are much bigger than Godzilla himself. But at least he can lift these large creatures up to some degree.

He must have one HUGE *****! Lol.

Been done

@king_saturn: Might be able to lift incredible weight using his back and those beefy legs of his.