Posted by AkumaXGouken (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla 1998 was a movie that single handedly ruin my favourite Dai Kaiju, but the modern reiteration with Gareth Edwards at helm brings me hope, rumors are that Godzilla gets to throw down with 2 other Kaijus. for me thats good news cause Godzilla does 2 things well, destroying alot places and smashing other Kaijus back to nooby land. i hope this movie doesnt fail.

Pacific Rim now this one has Mechs going 1 on 1 with Monsters, the viral videos have me pumped, but theres tiny problem. the documentary camera style i hope is only for the viral campaign , i don't wanna see monster movie from human prespective with realism and boringness, i wanna see a monster movie from a Monsters prespective minus the realism, i just wanna see plain ole mass destruction with humans as Kaiju version of a happy meal. 2 monster movies 2 variations of mass mayhem, death and popcorns. i hope im not disappointed.

to readers our opinions may vary, so have a cookie and enjoy life!

#1 Posted by Inverno (13219 posts) - - Show Bio

The only movie that did human perspective right was Cloverfield. Still waiting for the sequel though. I think it looks very promising, can't wait for the full trailer.

#2 Posted by AkumaXGouken (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Cloverfield was a very tasteful monster movie indeed, it gave the genre the grittiness it needed, i just hope theres no hollywood syndrome where the sequel sucks. look at GhostRider 1 bad movie and the sequel was downright horrendous. but theres always hope someone somewhere might get it right.

#3 Posted by Inverno (13219 posts) - - Show Bio

@AkumaXGouken said:

@CaioTrubat: Cloverfield was a very tasteful monster movie indeed, it gave the genre the grittiness it needed, i just hope theres no hollywood syndrome where the sequel sucks. look at GhostRider 1 bad movie and the sequel was downright horrendous. but theres always hope someone somewhere might get it right.

Or in that case, its best to leave it alone and keep just one movie, considering how hard it has been pulling off a Cloverfield sequel.

#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATED Cloverfield. As for the 1998 movie, it allowed us to have Gozilla:the animated series which I loved so I can't hate it.

That said I can't wait for the new movie.