God vs Medicine

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

On the news the other day. A mother and father was sentenced to go to jail for the death of there sick child because they refused to give there child medical care becuase they were waiting on God to heal there kid. Well... unfortunately the child died and now they are facing murder charges. So what do you think about this ? Is it really better to go get treated if you really need medical help ? Or is waiting on the Almighty to heal you is the way to go ?

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zenma

hold on a minute you get trial of murder for not choosing to treat your children? how bout the old days? Anyways i can't answer that because people believe what they want to believe and i wouldn't say that medicine is a sin just go for it and get it unless nothing works you got to have faith in God, but most of the times God won't answer right away because of the many things he looks for everyone who prays

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Zenma says:

"hold on a minute you get trial of murder for not choosing to treat your children? how bout the old days? Anyways i can't answer that because people believe what they want to believe and i wouldn't say that medicine is a sin just go for it and get it unless nothing works you got to have faith in God, but most of the times God won't answer right away because of the many things he looks for everyone who prays"

Well, they made it seem like the parents just made the child suffer and watched him die. So they are saying it was murder but you really have to be careful if you are of Catholic Faith on this issue cause there are scriptures where people who went to physicians died immendiately for acknowleging the doctors instead of God.

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zenma

Dreadnaught says:

"A medical miracle is good and all, but don't rely on it. "

well not too much if you're not a true believer

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zenma

King Saturn says:

"Zenma says:
"hold on a minute you get trial of murder for not choosing to treat your children? how bout the old days? Anyways i can't answer that because people believe what they want to believe and i wouldn't say that medicine is a sin just go for it and get it unless nothing works you got to have faith in God, but most of the times God won't answer right away because of the many things he looks for everyone who prays"

Well, they made it seem like the parents just made the child suffer and watched him die. So they are saying it was murder but you really have to be careful if you are of Catholic Faith on this issue cause there are scriptures where people who went to physicians died immendiately for acknowleging the doctors instead of God. "

yeah so unless God has chosen you or talked to you don't think God will answer your prayers just because you think you're good enough to be heard

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Dreadnaught says:

Well I'll be Damn. Its Dreadnaught. Havent seen ya on the boards lately.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

A medical miracle is good and all, but don't rely on it.

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zenma

T.J. Magnum says:

"oh ,touchy subject,i have an my theroys,but i perfer to stay out of some like this"

good choice

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul

Azathoth just doesn't grant miracles much anymore. Or was it a old god who did the miracles rather than a great old one.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vrakmul

King Saturn says:

"Dreadnaught says:

Well I'll be Damn. Its Dreadnaught. Havent seen ya on the boards lately. "

My account stopped working and so did the internet. But both are fixed now.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By T.J. Magnum

oh ,touchy subject,i have an my theroys,but i perfer to stay out of some like this

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

This topic has so many ways it could go. If it was me though if my son or daughter was suffering and they were really sick I probably would have sent them to the doctor for treatment and prayed while we were on the way to the hospital.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Gloom

God would want me to save my children with the medicine. o_O

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By warlock360

King Saturn says:

" On the news the other day. A mother and father was sentenced to go to jail for the death of there sick child because they refused to give there child medical care becuase they were waiting on God to heal there kid. Well... unfortunately the child died and now they are facing murder charges. So what do you think about this ? Is it really better to go get treated if you really need medical help ? Or is waiting on the Almighty to heal you is the way to go ? "

Destiny, if its ment to happen it will happen anyway no ones fault

Dragonstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dragonstrike

King Saturn says:

"Warlock360 says:
"King Saturn says:
" On the news the other day. A mother and father was sentenced to go to jail for the death of there sick child because they refused to give there child medical care becuase they were waiting on God to heal there kid. Well... unfortunately the child died and now they are facing murder charges. So what do you think about this ? Is it really better to go get treated if you really need medical help ? Or is waiting on the Almighty to heal you is the way to go ? "
Destiny, if its ment to happen it will happen anyway no ones fault"
Thats a way of thinking about it. But saying that it was Destiny for my child to die in front of a judge when you basically watched the sick child suffer and die and did nothing really isnt going to fly well with the judge. "

I don't think it is right to let one suffer if they were sick and allot of medicine is natural...hint hint I had to be there for a reason. So we don't suffer.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Warlock360 says:

"King Saturn says:
Destiny, if its ment to happen it will happen anyway no ones fault"

Thats a way of thinking about it. But saying that it was Destiny for my child to die in front of a judge when you basically watched the sick child suffer and die and did nothing really isnt going to fly well with the judge.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warlock360

Of course its F@cked up but hey, you cant escape what will happen anyway

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Apparition

King Saturn says:

"On the news the other day. A mother and father was sentenced to go to jail for the death of there sick child because they refused to give there child medical care becuase they were waiting on God to heal there kid. Well... unfortunately the child died and now they are facing murder charges. So what do you think about this ? Is it really better to go get treated if you really need medical help ? Or is waiting on the Almighty to heal you is the way to go ? "

go to the hospital and pray

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Warlock360 says:

"Of course its F@cked up but hey, you cant escape what will happen anyway"

Thats True

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

King Saturn says:

They should get life. This is what drives me crazy about religious fanatics. I mean really? They just sat around waiting for a mystically ray of shining goodness from god to save there child? Meanwhile the kid suffered and died from something that was probably curable right up until the point he died. I hope they make an example outta these dumb$#@!s. I wonder if they blame god, or if they think they didn't pray enough.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Acknowledge God as you do the best you can to help your child. Pray and believe that the medicine/care will work and just do the best you can. If you have a tombor, and need money to get it removed, and God puts it on someone's heart to give you financial aid (just to be a blessing), are you going to refuse it because your waiting for it to "dissapear"? News flash, it will disappear when you pay the damn doctor. God has different ways of manifesting his power, the rest is up to people.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"King Saturn says:
They should get life. This is what drives me crazy about religious fanatics. I mean really? They just sat around waiting for a mystically ray of shining goodness from god to save there child? Meanwhile the kid suffered and died from something that was probably curable right up until the point he died. I hope they make an example outta these dumb$#@!s. I wonder if they blame god, or if they think they didn't pray enough."

or maybe they just think it was his "time" to go

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Charmcaster

Post Deleted.

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Charmcaster

Gambler says:

"I went to school with a girl who was permanently crippled. She was born with something wrong in her legs, they could have fixed it right there but no, her parents believed god would heal her. While, he didn't and she grew up twisted legs. I'm all for people praying, and the holy spirit and all that jazz. Some people need a higher power to believe in, I get it. But when did they start losing there common sense? "Oh well, God didn't save em so it must have been his time." No you freakin idiots, god gave you a brain so you could work sh!t out on your own. "Duh, my kids sick better get him some medical attention" Is this the Dark Ages or something? Modern Medicine and Science are the Devil's play things? Lock em and tell em they can go just as soon as God comes down and lets em out.
Post Edited:2008-04-07 20:11:17"

WTF is a holy spirit?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sling Shot

God is the ultimate physician. God has gifted people with understanding to deal with things like disease but it is by God that anything prospers. Unless informed by God not to utilize conventional medicine I see no rational reason not too.Pray and thrust God the doctors and medicine can help.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"I went to school with a girl who was permanently crippled. She was born with something wrong in her legs, they could have fixed it right there but no, her parents believed god would heal her. While, he didn't and she grew up twisted legs. I'm all for people praying, and the holy spirit and all that jazz. Some people need a higher power to believe in, I get it. But when did they start losing there common sense? "Oh well, God didn't save em so it must have been his time." No you freakin idiots, god gave you a brain so you could work sh!t out on your own. "Duh, my kids sick better get him some medical attention" Is this the Dark Ages or something? Modern Medicine and Science are the Devil's play things? Lock em and tell em they can go just as soon as God comes down and lets em out.

lol youve gotta calm down

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Apparition

Charmcaster says:

"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"

look it up!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I went to school with a girl who was permanently crippled. She was born with something wrong in her legs, they could have fixed it right there but no, her parents believed god would heal her. While, he didn't and she grew up twisted legs.

I'm all for people praying, and the holy spirit and all that jazz. Some people need a higher power to believe in, I get it. But when did they start losing there common sense? "Oh well, God didn't save em so it must have been his time." No you freakin idiots, god gave you a brain so you could work sh!t out on your own. "Duh, my kids sick better get him some medical attention" Is this the Dark Ages or something? Modern Medicine and Science are the Devil's play things? Lock em and tell em they can go just as soon as God comes down and lets em out.
Post Edited:2008-04-07 20:11:17

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
" lol youve gotta calm down"
:P sorry Apple :D"

that's better. just relax and everything'll be alright

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sling Shot

The Holy Spirit is the presence of God available to man through acceptance of salvation through Christ. It is the baptism and seal of those who are God's children and is.....You know what never mind this probably seems like greek to anyone with a carnal mindset and probably a waste of your and my time.

Simply put, the Holy Spirit is God.

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Charmcaster

Apparition says:

"Charmcaster says:
"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"
look it up! "

ehhhhhhhhhhh, I don't wanna................................

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Apparition

Charmcaster says:

"Apparition says:
"Charmcaster says:
"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"
look it up! "
ehhhhhhhhhhh, I don't wanna................................"

well lucky you cause slingshot explained it for ya

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Charmcaster

Sling Shot says:

"The Holy Spirit is the presence of God available to man through acceptance of salvation through Christ. It is the baptism and seal of those who are God's children and is.....You know what never mind this probably seems like greek to anyone with a carnal mindset and probably a waste of your and my time. Simply put, the Holy Spirit is God."

Oh...GOD! is dog backwards! Coincidence...I think not!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"lol youve gotta calm down"

:P sorry Apple :D

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vrakmul

Charmcaster says:

"Sling Shot says:
"The Holy Spirit is the presence of God available to man through acceptance of salvation through Christ. It is the baptism and seal of those who are God's children and is.....You know what never mind this probably seems like greek to anyone with a carnal mindset and probably a waste of your and my time. Simply put, the Holy Spirit is God."

Oh...GOD! is dog backwards! Coincidence...I think not!"

face palms self and shakes head and walks out of thread

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Boken

King Saturn says:

"On the news the other day. A mother and father was sentenced to go to jail for the death of there sick child because they refused to give there child medical care becuase they were waiting on God to heal there kid. Well... unfortunately the child died and now they are facing murder charges. So what do you think about this ? Is it really better to go get treated if you really need medical help ? Or is waiting on the Almighty to heal you is the way to go ? "

personally i would get medical treatment. i believe that God takes care of us, but he also gave us the resources to make the medicine. if you want the almighty to cure your cancer, or whatever the illness may be go right a head. i wouldn't. i also don't think those parents should be charged with murder. i believe they know what they did was the wrong choice, but think about it. with the medicine would the kid have lived a longer life. maybe but the parents believed in the lords power. im a strong believer but not to the point where modern medicine will be the last thing on my mind if i was sick.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Charmcaster says:

"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"

Its the third part of the Godhead in Catholic Tradition. You have The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is what is suppose to be a part of all who believe in Jesus as there Savior. In the Old Testement, the Holy Spirit would come upon people and they could do incredible feats. It gave Samson Super Strength and the Holy Spirit gave Peter the ability to heal people just by passing by them and his shadow would restore them to whole.

Avatar image for black_tom_cassidy
Black Tom Cassidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charmcaster says:

"Apparition says:
"Charmcaster says:
"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"
look it up! "

ehhhhhhhhhhh, I don't wanna................................"

are you that naive, its a spirit that happens to be holy

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gloom

Waiting for God to heal one's children (or anyone) instead of actually doing something to help yourself sounds (to me) like not eating or drinking anything for weeks, hoping God will save you if it is meant to be. After weeks of this of course you will die, doesn't mean it was "your time to go".

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Charmcaster

King Saturn says:

"Charmcaster says:
"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"
Its the third part of the Godhead in Catholic Tradition. You have The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is what is suppose to be a part of all who believe in Jesus as there Savior. In the Old Testement, the Holy Spirit would come upon people and they could do incredible feats. It gave Samson Super Strength and the Holy Spirit gave Peter the ability to heal people just by passing by them and his shadow would restore them to whole. "

I heard! =D

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Charmcaster

@Sats, no neeeeed to be sorry! People had to tell me, cos I don't know anything about Christianity...except for God...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Charmcaster says:

"King Saturn says:
"Charmcaster says:
"Gambler says:
WTF is a holy spirit?"
Its the third part of the Godhead in Catholic Tradition. You have The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is what is suppose to be a part of all who believe in Jesus as there Savior. In the Old Testement, the Holy Spirit would come upon people and they could do incredible feats. It gave Samson Super Strength and the Holy Spirit gave Peter the ability to heal people just by passing by them and his shadow would restore them to whole. "
I heard! =D "

Oh Sorry

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Sparda

I'm gonna be straight up.

Waiting for God to "heal" your child while s/he is in pain and suffering and the resources to help them yourself are perfectly available is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life. Ever.

I mean, COME ON!

Why do you think he's gonna help you himself? He gave you some intelligence so you could do it, or at least so you would be smart enough to let someone else do it for you.

Send em to jail.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Charmcaster says:

"@Sats, no neeeeed to be sorry! People had to tell me, cos I don't know anything about Christianity...except for God..."
Okay.
Post Edited:2008-04-07 20:32:44
Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Boken

Sparda says:

"I'm gonna be straight up. Waiting for God to "heal" your child while s/he is in pain and suffering and the resources to help them yourself are perfectly available is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life. Ever. I mean, COME ON! Why do you think he's gonna help you himself? He gave you some intelligence so you could do it, or at least so you would be smart enough to let someone else do it for you. Send em to jail."

it is stupid, but if you really believed in something and you don't do something beacuse you believe that it will take care of itself would you think you should go to jail. lets see, if an amish lady were to bleed out during child birth should the amish be charged with murder beacuse they don't believe in electricity and them entering a hospital would be bad. its not so much a right or wrong answer its more of a moral thing.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sparda says:

"I'm gonna be straight up.Waiting for God to "heal" your child while s/he is in pain and suffering and the resources to help them yourself are perfectly available is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life. Ever.I mean, COME ON!Why do you think he's gonna help you himself? He gave you some intelligence so you could do it, or at least so you would be smart enough to let someone else do it for you.Send em to jail."

I've never agreed with you more

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gloom

Boken says:

"it is stupid, but if you really believed in something and you don't do something beacuse you believe that it will take care of itself would you think you should go to jail. lets see, if an amish lady were to bleed out during child birth should the amish be charged with murder beacuse they don't believe in electricity and them entering a hospital would be bad. its not so much a right or wrong answer its more of a moral thing."

Well the amish lady can still call/send for help, realizing that her constant bleeding may or may not lead to her death. It's sorta different. =/

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Just because you believe in something doesn't excuse you from being irresponsible.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Gambler says:

"Just because you believe in something doesn't excuse you from being irresponsible. "
The Amish are also rather different. Considering the fact that the woman is in child birth (and apparently is near, or completely finished delivering the child), the odds are that she will either recover, or just die. Medical aid probably wouldn't make too much of an impact from the trip to the hospital. Even then, the best thing that anyone could do is call someone, since the woman would probably be in a rather vulnerable state. Childbirth is actually a point where women come pretty close to death anyways. The stress from it all is at least enough to wish death on yourself or someone anyways. LOL