UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Edited By UnclePappyWolf

God Hates Nerds....and Refried Beans?

The Crazy Biblically Illiterate folks Westboro Baptist Church that Protest Military Funerals are at it again but this time they will be protesting for 45 minutes onThursday (1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.) at the San Diego Comic Con!

According to these fine folks... Romans 9:13 says God Hates Nerds and I quote:

"Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Hmmm...and here I always thought of Esau as more of the hunter/jock type and not a Nerd at all. After all, It was Jacob that  was one of the first Cosplayers in history for dressing up like his hairy, Chewbacca like, brother to fool his father Issac into giving him his birthright! But what do I know! I'm just a novice biblical scholar and a gentleman. Who am I kidding...I'm not a gentleman! I'm just a scoundrel with a propensity for picking up a book now and again. You should try it Westboro Baptist Church you might enjoy it!

Why 45 Min. to protest the Nerd Mecca that is the San Diego Comic Con? Why not a full hour? My guess is the fine folks from Westboro Baptists want to go to Old Town for the first 15 minutes to protest the use of refried beans according to 2 Samuel 23:11-12. 

Shammah son of Agee the Hararite was the third of the Three. The Philistines had mustered for battle at Lehi, where there was a field full of lentils. Israel fled before the Philistines, but Shammah took his stand at the center of the field, successfully defended it, and routed the Philistines. Another great victory for God!"  

MMM...Beans are Holy! Well, at least my moms Beans are! As for Westboro all I can say is there not as Holy as my Mom's Beans and only half as entertaining!   
Selah .and Thank God for That!

http://nerdbastards.com/2010/07/12/westboro-baptist-to-protest-at-comic-con/ 
No Caption Provided
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
wait a minute... this is for real ? they are really protesting against Nerds ? uh okay... when did Jesus ever get mad about people who was categorized as Nerds by some ? he never even addressed anything like this... its a bad thing when folks simply quote and twist around Old Testament Passages to fit there own Demonic Thoughts of People... 
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

Jesus predates the usage of the word Nerd by two thousand years, give or take a few decades.  Lastly, why would he hate the group of people that everyone ends up working for?  Doesn't sound very omnibenevolentish. 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sexy_merc

What does this have to do with comics?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vrakmul
@Sexy Merc said:
" What does this have to do with comics? "
This is in the off-topic forum...it doesn't have to be about comics, in fact nothing about comics should be in the off-topic forum. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
@Dreadnaught said:
" Jesus predates the usage of the word Nerd by two thousand years, give or take a few decades.  Lastly, why would he hate the group of people that everyone ends up working for?  Doesn't sound very omnibenevolentish.  "
indeed... there is nothing to say Jesus would ever show disapproval of Nerds or Beans... 
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you can always depend on the religious nuts to bring the lolz a plenty. 

spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By spiderpigbart
@ViciousCesar! said:
" you can always depend on the religious nuts to bring the lolz a plenty.  "
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
@ViciousCesar! said:
" you can always depend on the religious nuts to bring the lolz a plenty.  "
yup yup... 
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By DH69

ahhh religions that which fans the flames of hate no matter how meaningless they are

UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UnclePappyWolf

Heh heh..., I just think it's odd that anyone protests the San Diego Comic Con! I Think this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone Protesting there at all!  Religion aside, It's obviously we are dealing with people who are 3 issues short of a 4 issue mini-series

....and It is a little comic related since it is Comic book fans in particular that are being protested against... well for at least 45 mins! ....heh heh

PS..Beans are still Holy to me!

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Power NeXus

It's people like this who almost make me ashamed to take on the title of "Christian".

I'll just stick with ''disciple'' and leave it at that.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
why not call yourself Follower of the Way ? thats what I do... while I claim Cosmic God Theology as well... 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Power NeXus
@King Saturn said:
"why not call yourself Follower of the Way ? thats what I do... while I claim Cosmic God Theology as well...  "

That sounds good too. "Disciple" and "Follower of the Way" could be pretty much interchangeable. 
I'm just trying to get away from the titles that are connected to human-influenced organized religions.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
@Power NeXus said:
" @King Saturn said:
"why not call yourself Follower of the Way ? thats what I do... while I claim Cosmic God Theology as well...  "
That sounds good too. "Disciple" and "Follower of the Way" could be pretty much interchangeable. I'm just trying to get away from the titles that are connected to human-influenced organized religions. "
indeed... thats why I follow more creative concepts of faith... as well as use certain Christian Elements as a base ( mainly what Jesus spake in the New Testament )... if you notice... most of these crazy people quote passages that refer to Old Testament Doctrine... and not really things Jesus himself said... not saying that the Old Testament isnt God Inspired... but you can tell a lot of laws during the Old Testament are totally off in a more civilized society... so why even use reference to them ? 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Power NeXus
@King Saturn said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @King Saturn said:
That sounds good too. "Disciple" and "Follower of the Way" could be pretty much interchangeable. I'm just trying to get away from the titles that are connected to human-influenced organized religions. "
indeed... thats why I follow more creative concepts of faith... as well as use certain Christian Elements as a base ( mainly what Jesus spake in the New Testament )... if you notice... most of these crazy people quote passages that refer to Old Testament Doctrine... and not really things Jesus himself said... not saying that the Old Testament isnt God Inspired... but you can tell a lot of laws during the Old Testament are totally off in a more civilized society... so why even use reference to them ?  "

True stuff, dude. Too many people seem to think that every word spoken in the Old Testament should still be given the utmost authority now.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
@Power NeXus said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Power NeXus said:
" @King Saturn said:
indeed... thats why I follow more creative concepts of faith... as well as use certain Christian Elements as a base ( mainly what Jesus spake in the New Testament )... if you notice... most of these crazy people quote passages that refer to Old Testament Doctrine... and not really things Jesus himself said... not saying that the Old Testament isnt God Inspired... but you can tell a lot of laws during the Old Testament are totally off in a more civilized society... so why even use reference to them ?  "
True stuff, dude. Too many people seem to think that every word spoken in the Old Testament should still be given the utmost authority now. "
yes indeed... 
UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UnclePappyWolf

@King Saturn   
@Power NeXus
Well People like the Westboro Church are not unique to religion. I've seen people embrace emotional extremist positions in a variety of non religious belief systems. Things like Politics, cryptozoology , PETA, conspiracy theorists, Military members, Fraternities/Sororities, Artists, Meat is Murder crowds, and even in Anti-religious groups are all filled with people who have taken things to the extremes. I feel no shame in calling myself a Christian because some group of emotionally driven individuals claim odd irrational positions anymore than any good Mother should stop believing in Motherhood because of the choices of "The Octomom" Nayda Suleman! 
Crazy is Crazy not  merely by its associations to other things but by the total essence of its Nature!

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Some people have nothing else better to do then make up their own bs in religion -___-

Avatar image for despero_is_the_beginning
Despero is the beginning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it makes you feel better he LOVES white people...: D
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

Well anyone with half a brain knew these people were stupid.

UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UnclePappyWolf
@InnerVenom123:  Heh heh!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By King_Saturn
@UnclePappyWolf said:
"  @King Saturn   
@Power NeXus
Well People like the Westboro Church are not unique to religion. I've seen people embrace emotional extremist positions in a variety of non religious belief systems. Things like Politics, cryptozoology , PETA, conspiracy theorists, Military members, Fraternities/Sororities, Artists, Meat is Murder crowds, and even in Anti-religious groups are all filled with people who have taken things to the extremes. I feel no shame in calling myself a Christian because some group of emotionally driven individuals claim odd irrational positions anymore than any good Mother should stop believing in Motherhood because of the choices of "The Octomom" Nayda Suleman!  Crazy is Crazy not  merely by its associations to other things but by the total essence of its Nature! "
this is true... though for the sake of our discussion here... we were talking moreso about the crazy folks who exist within Organized Religion... and if you think about it... its not just the Westboro Baptist Church who feels this way... there are other Christians who feel the same way they do... 
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ARMIV
@Power NeXus said:
"

It's people like this who almost make me ashamed to take on the title of "Christian".

I'll just stick with ''disciple'' and leave it at that.

"

I know right?

UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By UnclePappyWolf
@King Saturn:  

this is true... though for the sake of our discussion here... we were talking moreso about the crazy folks who exist within Organized Religion... and if you think about it... its not just the Westboro Baptist Church who feels this way... there are other Christians who feel the same way they do...

Not really...I could see any of the following nut groups protesting the comic con for all their own crazy reasons. and as far as Christians feeling the same way as Westboro..none of the ones I know feel the same way they do. I find  the christian faith to be as diverse in thoughts as any other affinity group. I don't really see a distinction between groups that have affinities that are religious or people who belief in any number issues who gather together.  They all have a within group variability that is similar sociologically to all other groups archetypes. Much like us nerds. Most   "average folk" think all nerds are alike but we know how diverse Nerdom really is. there are those that casually observe sci-fi and then there are those that convert there bedrooms into the bridge of Enterprise D.  
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
@UnclePappyWolf said:
" @King Saturn:  

Not really...I could see any of the following nut groups protesting the comic con for all their own crazy reasons. and as far as Christians feeling the same way as Westboro..none of the ones I know feel the same way they do. I find  the christian faith to be as diverse in thoughts as any other affinity group. I don't really see a distinction between groups that have affinities that are religious or people who belief in any number issues who gather together.  They all have a within group variability that is similar sociologically to all other groups archetypes. Much like us nerds. Most   "average folk" think all nerds are alike but we know how diverse Nerdom really is. there are those that casually observe sci-fi and then there are those that convert there bedrooms into the bridge of Enterprise D.   "
well I dont think you know many Christian Folks if you think that just because the ones you know dont feel the way the Westboro Baptist Church do that there arent many who feel this way... I have been around Christian Folks all my life... and its not just exclusive to the Westboro Baptist Church this type of behavior... they just promote it more outwardly... a lot of things are said and believed within the walls of some of these Churches you would never believe...  sure Christianity is diverse... but some of the beliefs that are extreme are within multiple groups of diversity within the faith... 
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

I bet He prefers rice to beans.

UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By UnclePappyWolf
@King Saturn:  Well in actuality I know many Christian Folks from many different denomination, from many different backgrounds, from all over the world, both indoors, privately and out in public for several decades now.  And so I guess I shall just respectfully disagree with you that they all share the same views as the Westboro Baptists on Nerds heh heh or many other issues. Sorry we feel differently but its great that we at least share Nerdom in Common!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
@UnclePappyWolf said:
" @King Saturn:  Well in actuality I know many Christian Folks from many different denomination, from many different backgrounds, from all over the world, both indoors, privately and out in public for several decades now.  And so I guess I shall just respectfully disagree with you that they all share the same views as the Westboro Baptists on Nerds heh heh or many other issues. Sorry we feel differently but its great that we at least share Nerdom in Common! "
you missed the point Entirely... I didnt say ALL Christian Folks feel the same way as the Westboro Baptist Church... I said that some other Christians do...hell Jerry Falwell who is not apart of the Westboro Baptist Church said very awful things about Gay People that easily rival what that Westboro Church believes about Gay People... and there are many others who feel the same way as he does... just because people arent as outward about the way they feel or think God feels about Gay People... doesnt mean that they are being truthful with you
UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UnclePappyWolf
@King Saturn: No I Think I got your point and I said I felt that their were much more diverse views than that and that they were not different than any other groups.... hence us disagreeing.  Hopefully we can leave it at that.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn
@UnclePappyWolf said:
" @King Saturn: No I Think I got your point and I said I felt that their were much more diverse views than that and that they were not different than any other groups.... hence us disagreeing.  Hopefully we can leave it at that. "
but there is no disagreement with the understanding that Christians have diverse views... the disagreement is that you believe that this hateful behavior of the Westboro Baptist Church is exclusive to them and their congregation only... and I know that is false and gave you a good example of it being so... 
UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UnclePappyWolf
@King Saturn: 

the disagreement is that you believe that this hateful behavior of the Westboro Baptist Church is exclusive to them and their congregation only... and I know that is false and gave you a good example of it being so...

This is the disagreement...not that I aforementioned in your statement and you are right I do think the hate of the Westboro Baptist Church is exclusive to them and a smaller few within Christianity and I disagreed with your example.  That is exactly why I said to you that the views within Christianity are diverse and not hate focused even if they are similar.  People can be sincerely wrong and not be hateful. I even added that Hate is not exclusive to Christianity anymore than it is to any other affinity group. Some people feel eating meat is wrong while others hate people who eat meat and call them murderers.  I don't say all vegetarians or a majority of them are as hateful or radical  just like these meat hater groups. 

If the hateful people at Westboro were not religious it would just be some other affinity or beleif group that they would be apart of because they are the kind of people that just like to hate.  Westboro and the meat hater groups have more in common with each other than their belief systems because they both like to hate. Just because I disagree with vegetarians I would never say almost all of um were hateful even if they thought I was wrong ethically because other vegitarians with similar views are more radical and think I should  a horrible  death for eating at IN & Out Burger. We just disagree on the severity of the hate within groups you think it's a lot more and I think it's a lot less. Again I hope we can agree to disagree.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Vortex13

It's people like this that give a bad name to religious people, and that's coming from an atheist lol.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33  Edited By jakob187

The whole point of WBC's protest is that they feel characters such as Batman, Superman, X-Men, etc. are guilty of creating idolatry in a false prophet.  Basically, nerds worship Batman. 

To this, I say "if a nerd is looking at Batman in the same vein as God, then that nerd has problems."  Looking at Batman as some form of deity is a bit...out there. 

As for the WBC, I don't agree with their beliefs or many of their practices.  However, I refuse to judge them because that's not my place.

UnclePappyWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By UnclePappyWolf
@Vortex13 said:
" It's people like this that give a bad name to religious people, and that's coming from an atheist lol. "
heh heh
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
@UnclePappyWolf said:

" @King Saturn: 

the disagreement is that you believe that this hateful behavior of the Westboro Baptist Church is exclusive to them and their congregation only... and I know that is false and gave you a good example of it being so...

This is the disagreement...not that I aforementioned in your statement and you are right I do think the hate of the Westboro Baptist Church is exclusive to them and a smaller few within Christianity and I disagreed with your example.  That is exactly why I said to you that the views within Christianity are diverse and not hate focused even if they are similar.  People can be sincerely wrong and not be hateful. I even added that Hate is not exclusive to Christianity anymore than it is to any other affinity group. Some people feel eating meat is wrong while others hate people who eat meat and call them murderers.  I don't say all vegetarians or a majority of them are as hateful or radical  just like these meat hater groups.   If the hateful people at Westboro were not religious it would just be some other affinity or beleif group that they would be apart of because they are the kind of people that just like to hate.  Westboro and the meat hater groups have more in common with each other than their belief systems because they both like to hate. Just because I disagree with vegetarians I would never say almost all of um were hateful even if they thought I was wrong ethically because other vegitarians with similar views are more radical and think I should  a horrible  death for eating at IN & Out Burger. We just disagree on the severity of the hate within groups you think it's a lot more and I think it's a lot less. Again I hope we can agree to disagree. "

yeah... and people can be Sincerely Wrong and Be Hateful... it works both ways... also you say here in your post that you do believe that there are people outside of the WBC who do feel that same way they do... so whats the problem ? that was my point from the get go anyways... 
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By hdorman1

they are proper insane