#1 Posted by AmazingAngel (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

Actor Cory Monteith, best known for his role as Finn Hudson on Glee, died Saturday. He was 31.

Monteith died in his hotel room in Vancouver. His body was discovered by hotel staff after he failed to check out, according to Variety. There were no initial signs of foul play and an autopsy is scheduled for Monday. The Canadian-born actor was believed to be alone in his room at the time of death.

Glee producers, 20th Century Fox TV and Fox network execs issued a statement hailing Monteith as “an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously.”

In addition to his role on Glee, Monteith's credits include Final Destination 3, Kyle XY, The Invisible, White Noise 2, Monte Carlo, and Sisters & Brothers.

This is very sad news indeed, I watch Glee and was aware of his problems with substance abuse, sometimes the residual effects can be too disastrous to recover from. thirty one years of age is too young to go and it's so sad that he would have had so much more to give in his life.

God Speed.

#2 Edited by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

#3 Posted by AmazingAngel (3842 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: You don't wana hear my poems 'cos It'll de-rail the thread with its awesomeness :P

#5 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Sad, r.i.p Mister. Monteith

#6 Edited by AmazingAngel (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: It's sad, no one should die so young.

@pyrogram: We should probably make a different thread for that, or you know......no POEMS AT ALL!

#7 Posted by Pyrogram (32263 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

A part of me still can't believe it. Just so sad.

#9 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (17014 posts) - - Show Bio

Wat...

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, he did not look that old.

#11 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16883 posts) - - Show Bio

Never heard of em but RIP

#12 Edited by laflux (11091 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: @amazingangel: @lykopis: @pyrogram:

First off I didn't know all of you were Glee fans. Second of all, I'm shocked and saddened. It makes sense now why Finn didn't appear for the season finale of Season 4, considering he was Will's best man when he originally wanted to marry Emma, and that Will and Finn had made up.

Eventually though, people's attention will turn to idea of what happens to Glee. I think I speak for alot of people when I say season 4 was not the strongest season by a long stride. Its interesting to see whether Cory's issue contributed to this somewhat, but ultimately the poor pacing and characterization at times, is due to trying to introduce far to many characters.. I genuinely hope this problems ca be addressed for season five, if it even manages to come out.

In anycase, one can't take away from the awful series of events, I wish the best for his family and friends.

#13 Posted by AmazingAngel (3842 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

In all honesty the show is the last thing on my mind, I still can't believe it, I might not even bother watching when it comes back on. I kind of zoned out on season four, he had his whole career ahead of him, I have no idea how they will handle this and the whole show will feel tainted.

#14 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (21279 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by consolemaster001 (4480 posts) - - Show Bio

I despised glee, but RIP

so sad to see someone so young dead like that.

#16 Posted by StrangeMan (398 posts) - - Show Bio

I still can't believe this, I'm a fan of Glee but had no idea about his addiction problems, he was so young and talented, had his whole career ahead of him.

#17 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

I really don't know how they will be able to explain his absence for Season 5.

#18 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one bites the dust.

The good ones die young.