Give me some feedback/ideas?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, well first off I'm going to say this: I've always wanted to make my own manga. Luckily enough I was born with the talent to draw :). I've taken 4 adv. art classes, 2 commercial art classes, and am going to be taking a fine arts class next year.

Currently I'm going to try my first attempt at making one.(Doing a roughdraft/planning pages atm. Similar to how Onepunch-man is being made.)

However, I'm wondering what I should have it based around. My first idea is based around a galactic warlord's conquest to take over the universe, going planet to planet waging wars, intense battles, coup's and everything.

My question to you is: Does that sound interesting? What kind of stuff would you want to see in it? How should I go about? As a reader, what type of stuff would you be annoyed to see?

All criticism is welcome ^.^

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Warlord conquering worlds feels like a bit of a generic base, needs more plot bits to really make it interesting.
So basically it's not a bad base idea, but it won't hold up a story on it's own IMO.

As for what I want to see, I'd like anything I haven't thought of. I love when something feels new and I'll always give it a chance.
Remember to pick something you want to write though, it's easy to get burned out making something you're not completely invested in.

Hope this all works out and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: genres differ with people. I myself like the samurai or cyberpunk feel to stuff. what I like is the shonen type when people just keep getting stronger and stronger. I also like how one of the bad guys flip and helps the good guys. thats just me though

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterioususername: Yah, sorry if I made it sounds too generic. There is obviously going to be back-story and plot >.< There's going to be plenty of stuff before he actually becomes a warlord, as well as a bunch of obstacles. Thanks for the info though ^.^

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

base it on fantasy

Avatar image for mysterioususername
MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two Words: Add Batman

*BOOM*A+ Story

seriously though

I think the quality of your set up for the story depends solely on your main character and his motivations. Why is he doing what he is doing.(my personal favorite is ''my reason is a lack of reason''

and what's his personality is he stoic and calm, is he mad an insane, or is he charismatic and cheerful while hiding his true nature.

p.s Plan a head, an add a lot of foreshadowing (For some reason people are obsessed with foreshadowing.)

Pp.s Sutle romance I want to now that the characters are falling in love but I don't want to be reminded of it every chapter.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By boschePG

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: you looking for a writer? I draw too, but been more interested in writing the past year. I have some ideas with space and stuff. I can give you some plot and storyboard drawings to collaborate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the plot sounds good

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Not really my cup of tea. Unless there is some immense character development,psychological dept or a mindblowing plot twist.

I prefer a manga like monster.