#1 Edited by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

A very interesting article http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33055601/ns/today-today_health/t/new-study-what-really-happens-when-you-die/#.T0s41fHOVKU

Some people who have been revived after being near death have reported “out-of-body experiences

Ok i have a question and you guys don't know to it and i don't either.

The question is what happens after death?

My opinion is you will be born again as a different person and it could be in seconds or in billions of years.

What i said above might be wrong, but that's my opinion and what's yours?

Give me a answer......NOW!

#2 Posted by Ancient_Spirits_0f_Evil (65 posts) - - Show Bio

When you die, you wake up from a bad dream in another parallel Earth. Now do you understand why people have dejavu?

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that those who've turned to Christ go to Heaven, while those who haven't go to Hell.

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_Spirits_0f_Evil said:

When you die, you wake up from a bad dream in another parallel Earth. Now do you understand why people have dejavu?

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: I can't buy into Christianity due to the fact that most Christians don't even know their saviors real name, Here's a hint Jesus ain't a Hebrew name

#6 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll respawn, but I'll lose all my perks and weapons.

#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@ARMIV2: I can't buy into Christianity due to the fact that most Christians don't even know their saviors real name, Here's a hint Jesus ain't a Hebrew name

No, I suppose it would be a translation then.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Jesus is a greek version of his real name which is Yeshua, similar to how Ivan is the Russian Equivalent to John but I doubt very seriously that my dad would like it if folks called him Ivan

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@ARMIV2: Jesus is a greek version of his real name which is Yeshua, similar to how Ivan is the Russian Equivalent to John but I doubt very seriously that my dad would like it if folks called him Ivan

Sounds familiar.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24766 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: I've said to several people on this sight before as have a few others

#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@ARMIV2: I've said to several people on this sight before as have a few others

I think this is my first time reading it from you.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (91887 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@Ancient_Spirits_0f_Evil said:

#13 Posted by SC (13403 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people who have been revived after being near death have reported “out-of-body experiences

Science can stimulate this affect with people who are conscious and alive essentially meaning peoples perceptions about what constitutes an actual out of body experience tend to be flawed and based on their ignorance or lack of ability comprehending the very complicated human brain and sensory systems. 
#14 Posted by HolySerpent (12822 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing

#15 Posted by Time_Phantom (539 posts) - - Show Bio

@wario1988 said:

Ok i have a question and you guys don't know to it and i don't either.

The question is what happens after death?

How do you answer that when know one knows the answer then?

#16 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

DON'T RUSH ME WOMAN! NOW...In terms of supernaturalism, the human body (according to Christian theology and stuff) is a tri-human being. We are originally spirits which are connected to the soul, and living inside our physical body. Naturally, our spirits can go places where our physical body can't. Since your predestined home is Heaven which is an extra-dimensional place, we are not earthbound so our spirits will go to Heaven or Hell. There we will continue to live with more powerful bodies. Science can't really explain things outside the natural world (according to Dawkins) but there have been countless reports and testimonies of OBE with people going to Heaven or Hell. Anyway I'm off to watch The Wicker Man.

#17 Posted by _slim_ (14255 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

I'll respawn, but I'll lose all my perks and weapons.

lol

#18 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of body experiences are nothing more than your brain messing with you.

#19 Posted by Owie (3968 posts) - - Show Bio

Your body turns to dirt, and that's it.

#20 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

You loose control of your bowels.

#21 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

#22 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

"When you die, you go in the ground, the worms eat you."

Madalyn Murray O'Hair

#23 Posted by Owie (3968 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vortex13 said:

@Owie said:

Guess I can't disagree with the circle of life, but that's it insofar as your consciousness and individual identity goes.

#24 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer to this question is.... You won't know until you die. Thats the whole effect of Religon and Faiths because we don't know.

#25 Posted by Loki9876 (3040 posts) - - Show Bio

wait till they reboot the universe

no, I don't know I hope their is a "heaven" but I don't believe in hell in the way most people think about it.

#26 Posted by King Saturn (225178 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't know... I thought I did for a while though.
#27 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent said:

Nothing
#28 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows?

#29 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35159 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV2 said:

I believe that those who've turned to Christ go to Heaven, while those who haven't go to Hell.

Damn, better brake out the sun cream then
#30 Posted by The Stegman (26082 posts) - - Show Bio
You go to Heaven, which is your own idea of  paradise, To me, Hell doesn't exist.
#31 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

You become demanding. Evidence suggests to me that you may already be deceased.

#32 Posted by ragdollpurps (15789 posts) - - Show Bio

Your essence/life force/spirit/energy is dispersed back into what we call reality in the various forms that energy takes, and the matter that made up your physical vessel is decomposed. Both of which are reentered into the circle of life and your energy and particles live on in other things and you live on in the memories of others.

#33 Edited by redleigh86 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a near-death experience, but nothing exciting happened to me during it... I just, well, almost died. Or possibly did die for a few seconds, it was hard to tell. Didn't see or hear anything though. It was just like, BOOM, gone, and then I woke up at the hospital and was like "what happened?" lol

But as for what I believe happens:

Our bodies are full of energy. Physics tells us that energy can't die, it can only transform. So where does our energy go when we die? Back out into the world, into space, into the stars. I was a bit more poetic when my aunt made me explain this to my cousin after her horse died. I said "our energies keep on after our physical bodies die, but there's always more to do, so we go off and join the stars in their travels. That star dust is full of everyone that ever was, all part of the universe in a new way, helping to form new life."

lol. A tad violet for the benefit of a child, but it's genuinely what I believe. I don't believe in any real afterlife, like in a religious sense, because I don't believe in a higher being.