#1 Posted by MuadDib (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new, as if you didn't know, but I've noticed a very low amount of girls on the site. Is my observation correct or is my "nubzoxors" status blocking my judgement ability?

#2 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

no, there aren't a lot of girls on here. the only ones i can think of 3 or 4 besides myself. well ones that post somewhat frequently.

#3 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah theres less girls, but why does it matter?

#4 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Women are really an endangered species here on comicvine.

#5 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Ghoul? She's on every now and then.

#6 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Women are really an endangered species here on comicvine."

Blah, i'm a girl animator, a girl drummer and a girl comic fan...i don't feel endangered.

#7 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

we're not endangered. there just aren't as many female comic fans as there are men.

#8 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I just used endangered to say there were less not to say there aren't any.

#9 Posted by MuadDib (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Barguest says:

"Yeah theres less girls, but why does it matter?"

It doesn't matter, my mind just started thinking on its own (as normal) and came to a few assumptions. I just didn't want to go around assuming things because in general when you assume you just end up making an "ass" out of "u" and "me". =)

#10 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

MuadDib says:

"Barguest says:
"Yeah theres less girls, but why does it matter?"
It doesn't matter, my mind just started thinking on its own (as normal) and came to a few assumptions. I just didn't want to go around assuming things because in general when you assume you just end up making an "ass" out of "u" and "me". =)"

What kind of assumptions?

#11 Posted by MuadDib (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Like, I am starting to assume that the forums are filled with 13-16 old boys. Seeing as I am 20 and a male, I feel a little out of place if this is true.

I mean, finding girls or guys who share some common interest and that are my own age would be cool, but I'm not saying that's the reason I joined comicvine. I joined to contribute information and because I felt it was a cool concept, kinda like a living wikipedia for the comic book community.

#12 Posted by Barguest (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

MuadDib says:

"Like, I am starting to assume that the forums are filled with 13-16 old boys. Seeing as I am 20 and a male, I feel a little out of place if this is true. I mean, finding girls or guys who share some common interest and that are my own age would be cool, but I'm not saying that's the reason I joined comicvine. I joined to contribute information and because I felt it was a cool concept, kinda like a living wikipedia for the comic book community."

Most people i've spoken to are, like me, in their twenties...and the younger members are pretty mature in my opinion... I didn't join to contribute information, just to absorb it :P and find inspiration.

#13 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone forget about me?

#14 Posted by Eternus (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghoul says:

"Someone forget about me?"

everyone forgot about you.... no one cares :'(

#15 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternus says:

"Ghoul says:
"Someone forget about me?"
everyone forgot about you.... no one cares :'("

Watch it.

#16 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the females may check the box male or undecided so they don't get harassed by male members who want a date or something. But even with that, there are a lot more males than females.

#17 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

MuadDib says:

"Like, I am starting to assume that the forums are filled with 13-16 old boys. Seeing as I am 20 and a male, I feel a little out of place if this is true.I mean, finding girls or guys who share some common interest and that are my own age would be cool, but I'm not saying that's the reason I joined comicvine. I joined to contribute information and because I felt it was a cool concept, kinda like a living wikipedia for the comic book community."

There are a seemingly quite a few teens here, but there are some old farts like me. I'm old enough to be the average poster's father.

#18 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

8 boys for 2 girls i would say.

#19 Edited by RBT (4132 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheThe: You mean 4 boys for 1 girl, right?