Giant Insects.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, we all know that at one point of Earth's history, insects were absolutely massive. Some still think and sightings are recorded of different species of insects still retaining their abnormal sizes in the Tropical Rain Forests. Do you think something like these could still exist unknown to us? How bad would it be if their population were to increase by 200%? How terrified would you be to go outside if these things were roaming the world?

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never leave house again....

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 SC  Moderator

Well the Giant huntsman spider was only discovered in 2001, which is kind of freaky when you think about it. By leg span its considered the biggest spider, I was 11 when it was discovered. At that age I was ignorant enough to not realize lots of species, more than lots even were discovered quite regularly. Not an insect but Titanoboa (extinct) was discovered in 2009 too, which is recent, and is considered the biggest snake genus that ever lived. Point is, chances are that anyone that reads this will probably be eaten by a giant preying mantis in the next five years or so, cause there are giant monster bugs out there waiting to attack and eat you and you need to run hide and protect yourself and your family.

Look I don't want to alarm or scare anyone... its just that science shows that 87 percent of all people are being watched by giant super spiders that weigh up to 200 pounds... at all times, its all those eyes. Don't make any sudden movements... retreat to your bedroom and hide under your bed. Yes do it now...

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@sc said:

Well the Giant huntsman spider was only discovered in 2001, which is kind of freaky when you think about it. By leg span its considered the biggest spider, I was 11 when it was discovered. At that age I was ignorant enough to not realize lots of species, more than lots even were discovered quite regularly. Not an insect but Titanoboa (extinct) was discovered in 2009 too, which is recent, and is considered the biggest snake genus that ever lived. Point is, chances are that anyone that reads this will probably be eaten by a giant preying mantis in the next five years or so, cause there are giant monster bugs out there waiting to attack and eat you and you need to run hide and protect yourself and your family.

Look I don't want to alarm or scare anyone... its just that science shows that 87 percent of all people are being watched by giant super spiders that weigh up to 200 pounds... at all times, its all those eyes. Don't make any sudden movements... retreat to your bedroom and hide under your bed. Yes do it now...

LOLZ!

A giant spider weighing 200lbs if proportional to a common spider will collapse due to gravity. Their limbs will not support them. :)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm already pretty wary of tiny insects. Giant ones would make me piss myself. Not to mention I come from a tropical nation known for our rainforests and insect fauna....

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SC  Moderator

@overlordarhas: Yes exactly, thats why they are called... Gravity Spider's because they defy gravity and can fly 0_0 (heh heh)

Next Week on Monster Quest - Flying Mega Spiders. Our experts head to Mexico to uncover reports of giant man eating spiders that fly and twerk. How many of them are there and why do they want to eat you? See as we use sciences most advanced technology to analyze and map out the environments of these incredible specimens!!

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@overlordarhas: Yes exactly, thats why they are called... Gravity Spider's because they defy gravity and can fly 0_0 (heh heh)

Next Week on Monster Quest - Flying Mega Spiders. Our experts head to Mexico to uncover reports of giant man eating spiders that fly and twerk. How many of them are there and why do they want to eat you? See as we use sciences most advanced technology to analyze and map out the environments of these incredible specimens!!

NEWS FLASH!

The expedition team sent to document the - Flying Mega Spider - lost transmission yesterday, this is their last transmission....

*In a panicked voice* - HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! -

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SC  Moderator

@overlordarhas said:

The expedition team sent to document the - Flying Mega Spider - lost transmission yesterday, this is their last transmission....

*In a panicked voice* - HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! -

Hahahaha.

Needs to be a movie! ^_^

Oh and as far as topic again, and slightly mire serious, but I find Giant Weta's to be very cute. Ditto Spiny Leaf insects.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

No Caption Provided

Where is your god? Where!?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I'm from Scotland, it isn't the big insects that are the problem round here it's the little ones

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@sc: You obviously didn't watch the Peter Jackson King Kong. Those Weta as were crazy mean and carnivorous. I prefer big beetles to the other mega bugs as shown by my avatar.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SC  Moderator

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Haha thats awesome.

You obviously didn't watch the Peter Jackson King Kong. Those Weta as were crazy mean and carnivorous. I prefer big beetles to the other mega bugs as shown by my avatar.

Heh heh thats true, maybe I just had good luck to come across friendly Weta and that they were secretly harboring the desire to kill and eat me 0___0 - nice reference to your avatar too! ^_^

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How giant are we talking? The fact is, because of the completely different ligaments insects have, and the fact that they "pull" on their own body from outside the skin but inside their chitin exoskeleton, once the volume raises too much, they would collapse on the weight of their own shell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: I'm talking about semi-prehistoric.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you ever seen Starship Troopers?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#17 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@sc: Awww, the insect nomming on a carrot is adorable ^___^

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I dont mind aslong as its Poodle Moth's.

No Caption Provided

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have these out by where I'm currently staying.

No Caption Provided

These guys and their ridiculous webs are as giant as I wanna get.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@bruxae said:

No Caption Provided

You'd have to be the biggest insectophobe to consider that bundle of fluff frightening.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SC  Moderator

@bumpyboo said:

@sc: Awww, the insect nomming on a carrot is adorable ^___^

I can see how people can dislike insects, if they are maybe poisonous, or slimy or bite or have lots of legs and run or fly fast - buuuuut Giant Weta are these big clumsy slow moving Pokemon! Basically heh heh. It just lies in a persons hand and eats vegetables. Am glad you like. ^_^

No Caption Provided

@bruxae said:

No Caption Provided

MOTH OFF TIME! In the Red Corner, the Poodle Moth. In the uh other corner that should be blue, but is kind of more aqua... the Custard, Lamington Neapolitan Dessert Moth!

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'll be buying a shot gun immediately then pondering the horror of the fact that there are bugs big enough to require a shot gun to kill them.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#23 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bruxae said:

No Caption Provided

O__________O

*needs one*

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matteopg: I'm talking about semi-prehistoric.

I'm not being dense on purpose, but I still don't understand. What dimensions would we be talking about?

But, the short answer is that I am actually kind of creeped out by some insects... in fact just by the ones who are bigger than a little finger. So yes, I would shut myself in my house and gladly die of thirst before facing the menace of a street riddled with roaches bigger than a chihuahua or centipedes longer than my leg.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#25 wildvine  Moderator

@bruxae said:

No Caption Provided

I have lepidopterophobia (Fear of butterfiles or moths) but even I find this cute. ^_^

@sc said:

Its time for your med's again dear. <3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: The first Birdwing Butterfly brought back from Indonesia was actually shot down by a hunting rifle it was that big.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate bugs. Thank God I live in Chicago where the biggest problem I have is in the house and they are ants. If bugs were to ever get that big I would never go out.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Well, we all know that at one point of Earth's history, insects were absolutely massive. Some still think and sightings are recorded of different species of insects still retaining their abnormal sizes in the Tropical Rain Forests. Do you think something like these could still exist unknown to us? How bad would it be if their population were to increase by 200%? How terrified would you be to go outside if these things were roaming the world?

They can Only get so big before they suffocate, since they breath through their skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Durakken
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if nothing actually existed and its all just a fantasy 0_o

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't think more than one of those was an insect

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Durakken
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people do. Others eat both the same...

There are 5 Arthrapoda types...3 most would consider "insects" colloquially even though they aren't really... 2 aren't, because 1 is extinct and the other they eat lol

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@sc: Love praying mantis! =D They're so cute. ^__^

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken said:

@betatesthighlander1: Arthropods ^.^ people think about them the sames

Yeah, but crabs breath differently, which is how they can be bigger than insects.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SC  Moderator

@samimista said:

Nods nods. Have you seen this insect? So cute! Like a little bug helicopter. 0_0

No Caption Provided

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Giant Insects are possible today. Their respiratory systems won't support massive size and their bodies would get crushed. Their anatomy would have to be completely different.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By Samimista

@sc said:

@samimista said:

Nods nods. Have you seen this insect? So cute! Like a little bug helicopter. 0_0

No Caption Provided

That's absolutely adorable! And oh my gosh! =D You're finally a moderator? *points to button* Bout time! I can't believe it took this long. Many congrats! I'll be answering our PM today. =O