Get your vote on this year by picking your candidate

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

We live in a world where we no longer get to vote for someone we actually want in office. We vote for either the "lesser of two evils" or "against someone." This isn't how Democracy is supposed to work. Shouldn't we be voting for a candidate we want in office? Someone we agree with? Shouldn't we be siding with our candidate because of more than once issue?

This shouldn't be a two party system. There's more than two people two choose from this upcoming election. Sure, you can't change the world in a day, but you can sure as hell try.

Here's a list on everyone running for the office of President this election and their links to their websites. Check them out. Be informed. Or not... whatever.

http://www.politics1.com/p2012.htm

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

I can't vote but if I could I wouldn't vote for Romney or Obama

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kovak

I had a discussion regarding this with another Viner. Bats 4 PREZ!

Just kidding, Comic Vine, just kidding.

But yeah, I'm from Britain, so....I'll take an interest in your politics, and I'll keep you informed on ours.

We cool?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Kovak said:

But yeah, I'm from Britain, so....I'll take an interest in your politics, and I'll keep you informed on ours.

We cool?

I'll update you with what's been happening. Everyone is yelling at each other about two guys. Neither of which are that great.

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kovak

@inferiorego: Well, see, over here, we've got two and a half parties that run.

One and a half of those guys are currently in. They're yelling at each other, neither are that great...

Did you import your politics over here you damn Yanks?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Kovak said:

@inferiorego: Well, see, over here, we've got two and a half parties that run.

One and a half of those guys are currently in. They're yelling at each other, neither are that great...

Did you import your politics over here you damn Yanks?

I thought we got our politics and yelling from you chaps?

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kovak

@inferiorego: Well one of us has royally f*cked the other over, so I say to you:

• Heheheheheeheheheheh (Lame stereotypical British laugh)
  • Good sir I respectfully request that you prepare for one devil of a skirmish! I shall cleave you in twain! Have at thee!
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

lol, this thread is full of funny.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

@inferiorego: @Kovak:

And Canada is stuck in between....

At least neither of your political systems recognises a political party whose sole purpose and reason for existence is to split apart your country. So -- there you go.

(and I know you are still partially Canadian IE.....so you know....YOU KNOW...)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@Kovak: Yeah British politics is royally screwed up ain't it? I respected Clegg before the elections. Now he's one of the most hated men in Britain. Irony's cruel at times.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

@inferiorego said:

We live in a world where we no longer get to vote for someone we actually want in office. We vote for either the "lesser of two evils" or "against someone." This isn't how Democracy is supposed to work. Shouldn't we be voting for a candidate we want in office? Someone we agree with? Shouldn't we be siding with our candidate because of more than once issue?

This shouldn't be a two party system. There's more than two people two choose from this upcoming election. Sure, you can't change the world in a day, but you can sure as hell try.

Here's a list on everyone running for the office of President this election and their links to their websites. Check them out. Be informed. Or not... whatever.

I agree.

But which Party will you choose?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@lykopis said:

@inferiorego: @Kovak:

And Canada is stuck in between....

At least neither of your political systems recognises a political party whose sole purpose and reason for existence is to split apart your country. So -- there you go.

(and I know you are still partially Canadian IE.....so you know....YOU KNOW...)

My aunt (pronounced Awe-nt) keeps me informed on what's going on up there. I assume you're talking about Quebec's on-going struggle to be it's own snobby country.

@TheSecondOpinion said:

@inferiorego said:

I agree.

But which Party will you choose?

I agree with Johnson on so many things, except for his outlook on taxes. I just don't think his consumption tax will work, but I'm no economist.

He also doesn't want to put funding into transportation. I'm not down with that either.

I'm voting for Jill Stein of the Green Party. Sure, some of her ideas are a bit more radical (I'm very pro-nuclear power, and she's very anti-nuclear power), but I agree with her on almost everything else.

Also, Jill Stein follows me on twitter, so that's a big plus for me, and by me, I mean my ego.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Kovak said:

We cool?

You were refering to me weren't you?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget
lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lykopis

@Deranged Midget said:

@inferiorego: Ah, Quebec, always ambitious to become independent from Canada for so many years now.

Exactly --

However, as for British Columbia and its struggle for Canuckia recognizance...>_>

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Believe it or not I'm neither Republican nor Democrat. I'm American Independent when I vote. Sadly when it comes to elections, voting AI in federal and state candidacies tends to be a vote for the liberal candidate and as such that's my dilemma. My conscience drives me then to want to vote for the AI candidates Thomas Hoefling and Robert Ornelas for the presidency/vice presidency, but unfortunately because of the lock the two-party system has on our country, a vote to the Hoefling/Ornelas ticket unfortunately is really a vote for the Obama/Biden candidacy, and I shan't be a part of that as I was four years ago. Yes, in the end Romney wouldn't have been MY pick for the presidential ticket for the Republicans, but all the others besides Hoefling/Ornelas adhere to ideologies I do not. Ideologically my heart tells me to vote AI, but my brain, the voice of reason, vetoes my feelings and tells me to vote for the candidate who actually has a shot at winning the election. That's my two cents...

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kovak

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Kovak said:

We cool?

You were refering to me weren't you?

Meh, probably.

No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

Batman 2012.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By FoxxFireArt

There are those who think they shouldn't vote becasue they think their preferred choice wont win in their district/state.

My home state of Kentucky is most assuredly going for Mitt Romney. My one vote for Barack Obama wont change that. However, that's not going to stop me from going out and voting for who I want. Even if I can't help deliver my home state for the candidate of my choice, I'm going to add mine to the popular vote total.

I'm a registered independent. I'm voting for Obama, becasue I agree with his positions on many issues. I think he's done a lot of great things for the nation. I look at Mitt Romney, and I see a man who will do or say anything to get elected. He constantly say one thing, then tells another group that he didn't say the thing he's on camera saying. Even now, he's hiding from answering any more questions.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Xanni15

I live in a world where I'm voting for the candidate I want to, not the lesser of two evils. If someone wants to waste their vote on someone who has literally no shot at winning, that's up to them, but to just assume that everyone else needs or wants to do the same is a bit foolish. We al have different opinions on every single issue, as do politicians so maybe the best thing is to keep our votes to ourselves. :]