Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@vortex13 said:

@night_thrasher said:

@xanni15 said:

@night_thrasher said:

And what of Zimmerman's character? You said nothing of that? Does he have any arrests? Anything questionable in his background? You brought up him selling drugs as if that defines him. As if selling drugs makes you a bad person. It's a bad decision but definitely not a clear reason to label someone as bad. It has nothing to do with the case is my point. You brought it up as if that makes it justifiable.

What's to say? You tell me. I'm sorry, but in my opinion being a drug dealer does make you a bad person. It's a crime and very foolish thing to do. It's interesting that you say that when I posted it in reply to you believing that news outlets were dragging him through the mud. What was untrue? The information was not used in the case by either side but to claim he was being unfairly in the media simply isn't true.

The point is: Trayvon had skeletons in his closet. Zimmerman had skeletons in his. Trayvon allegedly sold drugs. Zimmerman beat his wife and fought a police officer over a traffic violation. You spoke of character. To me one of these things is more relevant than the other. As for being a drug dealer and a bad person. You just called me a bad person. Jay-Z is a bad person. Judge Joe Mathis is a bad person. Numerous other people you don't know are bad people. Are there bad people who sell/sold drugs? Yes. Is every person who sells drugs a bad person? No. If you go into a courtroom and listen for a while you'd see even the prosecution will admit that selling drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just like going to church every Sunday and praying everyday makes you a good person. What's in your soul is something deeper than that.

I don't sell drugs or go to church every... ever. And I think I'm a good person. I mean yeah I've killed a couple teenagers, but they were wearing hoodies so I'm totally justified in it.

LOL!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dude, not a good time for sarcasm. The fact is: the Trayvon Martin case was a gauge for racial equality in this country.

No, that's not a fact, that's your opinion.

My opinion is that there are thousands of murders in the U.S. each year, and no one pays attention to those. Do you? It just happens that this one had all the elements for the media to latch on to it and trump it up into a huge money-making sideshow, by constantly talking about it and ignoring actual news. The last few days alone I've seen nothing but this crap on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC. Do you think there isnt stuff happening in the world? Do you think the stuff happening isnt more newsworthy than this one case that only has significance to Florida? What is the point of CNN having hours on hours of nothing but some talking heads saying how they're waiting for stuff to happen? At one point the big news on CNN was "the jury is having dinner"! Wow... REALLY???

This has nothing to do with gauging "racial equality" in this country. With all due respect, that's nonsense. What it has to do with is the total failure of the American media to give us proper news and commentary that's actually meaningful, and instead have become nothing but commercial enterprises who's only concern is making money. If you've watched the show The Newsroom on HBO, this is basically what it's all about.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Well, GZ didn't go to jail, but he is now a prisoner in his own country....I dare him to step outside and walk down the street, I dare him to show up in new york, time square. He's gonna wish he was in solitary confinement..

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@night_thrasher said:

Drug dealer is just a title. The person should be determinate based upon his/her individual actions. That in itself is profiling. The same thing Zimmerman did. The Zimmerman dirt was less publicized than the Trayvon dirt. I never labeled him a racist. The media outlets I listen to and watch never labeled him a racist. What has been said and what can be proven is that race played a part and Zimmerman profiled Trayvon based on his race. I, unlike some people, understand the difference between racism and discrimination. The way you make it sound is as if your saying that Trayvon "got what he deserved".

Title's give you perspective into a person. Yes, and dealing drugs is an action which determines something about a person, much like people are labeling Zimmerman a killer when he was defending himself. So now we're squabbling over which person's dirt was more exposed? We both agreed it didn't matter one way or another. Where was it proven that race played a part in this case? I never said or believe Trayvon got what he deserved, I'd much prefer him still being alive, and for all of his faults he was still a human being. Who knows, maybe he would have gotten his life turned around like the others you mentioned.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, GZ didn't go to jail, but he is now a prisoner in his own country....I dare him to step outside and walk down the street, I dare him to show up in new york, time square. He's gonna wish he was in solitary confinement..

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

i love how people are losing their sh*t over this. where were you people when this went down 10000000x other times? oh right because it made the news. so you care. now. ha. have a coke and a smile and get on with your lifes. shit happens. be thankful it doesnt happen to you. never gonna change.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15:

Don't be mad when you get KFTO with some ice tea and skittles

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on people I bet with my bro that this thread would reach six pages (he bet four). Just a few more comments and you've helped a fellow out.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: How much is my share for carrying this? I'm like LeBron during his Cleveland days.

@ancient_0f_days: That was actually pretty funny. lol

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Come on people I bet with my bro that this thread would reach six pages (he bet four). Just a few more comments and you've helped a fellow out.

bump?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@ancient_0f_days: That was actually pretty funny. lol

I'm deadass.....The combination of Ice Tea and Original Skittles contained in a plastic baggie is a life threatening weapon...just ask George, he must have nearly lost his life trying to fend off against the barrage of colorful little pellets flying at him. You know how much time it takes to wash Arizona Ice Tea out of clean jacket....takes longer than blood stains that aren't yours, you can ask Zimmerman that too, he can tell ya. He must have shat his pants when he saw those snacks, it must've been his kryptonite or something....luckily Gun>Junk Food so he narrowly survived with his life and current sugar levels intact.

Funny Sh*t Right?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybrilious4:

"#26 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1300 posts) - 5 hours, 36 minutes ago - Show Bio

IN MY HOUSE BEFORE ANGRY BLACK GUYS HIT THE STREETS"

Where do you live? Ill wait, you have to come out eventually ....;-)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#213  Edited By Pyrogram

And what sh!t does that say about the United States and how backwards it is? Pathetic.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By lady_liberty

Congratulations Mr. Zimmerman. You were caught up in the gears of a political machine bigger than you and used as a pawn to score points. Justice has been served, and I hope you can get back to a normal life soon.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations Mr. Zimmerman. You were caught up in the gears of a political machine bigger than you and used as a pawn to score points.

Sad truth is when a man did become a pawn in the whole countries game..

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It happens sometimes. Still, a quick overview of the evidence should have spared Zimmerman all this trouble.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: When the political and media powers decides something the law sorta gets thrown out of the window.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

BS...that's what I think

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"N***ers always get away" - GZ

Not this time apparently....

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Its why we have jurries. It is unfortunate Zimmerman had to have his life upended when it was a fairly open and shut case of self defense, but in the end the jury protected him from both political forces and mob rule.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: We can safely say. His life will never be the same again, lol.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Yeah he's gonna have to deal with a lot of press and so on for a few years. It would probably be a good idea to move out of Florida too. Still, there are a lot of neighborhoods that would like to offer him a job as a watchman ;-)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Pyrogram

@lady_liberty: lmfao! Hell, He should just jump ship and move out of the country lol it's only a matter of time before somebody decides to gun him down >.> Then we gona have this sh!t alllllll over again lol

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By willpayton

@pyrogram said:

@lady_liberty: We can safely say. His life will never be the same again, lol.

He'll probably write a book and sell the movie rights for millions, then move to another country and live the good life off of the money for the rest of his life.

Just, wait for it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It's funny beacuse that's probably going to happen.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: We've had a LOT of high profile acquittals in this country and its pretty rare for any of them to be assaulted or shot. People just like to talk big on the internet ;-)

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Ah you never know, this case was one of the most prolific, but rather, it was long lasting so people brought more hate for it than other cases.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Did it ever. Casey Anthony murdered her two year old and didn't get this much hate.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: It's all down to race. People moan about it but 99% of the people moaning are making the case worse by bringing race into it.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I don't think it had to be a racial issue as there didn't seem to be any racial aspects to the shooting.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@lady_liberty: Ah you never know, this case was one of the most prolific, but rather, it was long lasting so people brought more hate for it than other cases.

I wonder how many people died from murders while this case was being played non-stop on the "news" channels, to the exclusion of everything else. Tens, hundreds? More? Did any of you hear about those? I doubt it. I certainly didnt. All day yesterday on all the cable news networks it was just this stupid case. No news, just people counting how much time the jury was taking to eat dinner and crap like that.

It's embarrassing. I mean, as a human... it's embarrassing. How would I explain to aliens watching our planet that this is the news we get while at the same time: we have global warming destroying the environment, there are wars killing thousands of people, elsewhere drug cartels are taking over entire cities and regions of countries like Mexico and Colombia, countries like Iran are developing nuclear weapons, and on, and on. And... the outrage I see on places like Facebook, here, the news, and every other f***ing place is about this one thing. I dont see those people expressing outrage about the other problems that are bigger, more important, more immediate, and more relevant. I see inane posts all the time on FB, but today everyone is up in arms... THE INJUSTICE!!! Yeah, spare me.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Pyrogram

@lady_liberty: Exactly. It would have happened exactly the way if they were both black, or both white regardless IMO.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Dude that's freaking so correct it's almost unreal. This case highlights so much more wrong than just the justice system, or rather, people's opinions of it. It goes down to a more humanity level about how much we BS over things which are not worth the hassle when things like you described are going on, talk about turning a blind eye and double standards.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: That's true. In Chicago 67 people were shot and 11 were killed over the independance day weekend alone. That's crazy. And its not unusual either, but everyone talks about Zimmerman instead.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: lol the badass pic was epic lol

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I didnt watch the whole trial, but... maybe this came up in the evidence or in the defense's arguments. Is it possible that Trayvon had on him... a banana?

Loading Video...

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: He said "these assholes". Did any of the Martin supporters even watch the trial?

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"N***ers always get away" - GZ

Not this time apparently....

GTFO here with that BS. He never said any racial derogatory term to describe Trayvon.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By JulieDC

Unfortunately this is not surprising...this is America, where our "justice system" (you can't even call it that anymore) is a huge joke just like the police. Really sickening when you consider how Marissa Alexander got 20 years for not killing or hurting someone and was actually defending herself against an abusive husband George Zimmerman gets away with cold blooded murder.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Pyrogram
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#243  Edited By joshmightbe

i love how people are losing their sh*t over this. where were you people when this went down 10000000x other times? oh right because it made the news. so you care. now. ha. have a coke and a smile and get on with your lifes. shit happens. be thankful it doesnt happen to you. never gonna change.

Is this really surprising to you? Humanity as a whole is generally an awful bunch of selfish bastards, we love it when we have someone to make us look better by comparison to. If he wasn't in the news we'd just look like the assholes that we actually are.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

Unfortunately this is not surprising...this is America, where our "justice system" is a huge joke just like the police. Really sickening when you consider how Marissa Alexander got 20 years for not killing someone while he gets away with murder.

Sounds like you want to move out of the country, since you're so unhappy. The Justice system worked exactly like it was supposed to, innocent until proven guilty.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@juliedc said:

Unfortunately this is not surprising...this is America, where our "justice system" is a huge joke just like the police. Really sickening when you consider how Marissa Alexander got 20 years for not killing someone while he gets away with murder.

Sounds like you want to move out of the country, since you're so unhappy. The Justice system worked exactly like it was supposed to, innocent until proven guilty.

I'm sorry but the justice system is pathetically bad.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Xanni15
JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By JulieDC

@xanni15: Really, your response is "to move out of the country" because I don't like the system? Unlike you, I don't believe one should run away when the system is failing. No, I believe in fighting for change. You may be willing to accept a sub-par system that doesn't seem to work for the benefit of the people anymore, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to accept that.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: I quote

Really sickening when you consider how Marissa Alexander got 20 years for not killing someone while he gets away with murder.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

@xanni15: Really, your response is "to move out of the country" because I don't like the system? Unlike you, I don't believe one should run away when the system is failing. No, I believe in fighting for change. You may be willing to accept a sub-par system that doesn't seem to work for the benefit of the people anymore, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to accept that.

I said it sounded like you wanted to move out of the country, if there's so much bad in this country that you dislike. So if Zimmerman had been thrown in jail or sentenced to death, that would have worked for the people?

@pyrogram

He did not "get away with murder", his claim of self defense could not be disproven. I don't see how it's relevant to bring another case into this when the facts were different in both. The system worked liked it was intended to.