#151 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

#152 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: I apologize if my comment offended you. I just feel that every situation is different but my views are not held by the majority often.

Have a good night as well. :]

Cool. So am I....begins stalking

Stay safe out there, hopefully you're packing.

#153 Posted by WillPayton (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when I said that half of florida might be torn up by riots? Well.....

"Arghhhh!!! A trial happened in a state I dont even live in, I wasnt on the jury nor do I know all the facts, but I watched it on TV non-stop and I have strong opinions! Now a guy was found not guilty... and I'm so furious... I'm going to go burn and destroy some stuff!! Justice must be served!"

<sigh>

#154 Posted by Surkit (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@surkit said:

I'm black, and I'll say this. Who really knows what Trayvon Martin was up to that night. I've known guys mysewlf that were far from saints, but when they died everybody painted a picture of one

But that's all irrelevent.

A man killed another person

There should've been some kind of penalty for murder, that's just a poor example of the system's emotional and psychological predisposition component taking precedent over the widely common view of morality in regard to life that most Americans have,and a general lack of common sense or decency.

Someody's son was killed and now that person has to just take it in stride; murder is excessive. I don't care how you try to justify it. If it was that serious and he had a gun I doubt the kid thought he was bullet proof and needed to be shot to be deterred.

All racial bias and media bloating aside. THAT is why it's an unjust verdict,

So sadly true. That a law is in place which allows murder is disgusting.

About as archaic as slavery to me

#155 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

Not finding any coverage or news of riots anywhere....Media Blackout? No Riot?

#156 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone: There's nothing going on down here from all the news outlets. I don't know where that video was taken, bu there's no proof that it was taken in Florida, nor what year.

#157 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Think i have family not far from there.

@ surkit, so you believe a law that allows one to defend him/herself if theyre attacked is the same as slavery? Not even close man. Horrible and inaccurate analogy.

#158 Posted by Surkit (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Remember when I said that half of florida might be torn up by riots? Well.....

"Arghhhh!!! A trial happened in a state I dont even live in, I wasnt on the jury nor do I know all the facts, but I watched it on TV non-stop and I have strong opinions! Now a guy was found not guilty... and I'm so furious... I'm going to go burn and destroy some stuff!! Justice must be served!"

<sigh>

comments from the video above

Jesse Ogden 2 minutes ago

This is Vancouver. It's the 2011 Riots (you know, the one where all the white hockey fans rioted because their team lost). There's a dead giveaway when the guy talking mentions the War Measures Act. Look it up. It's a Canadian law, not an American law.

DesolatedHermit 2 minutes ago

this is in Vancouver CANADA from 2011, has nothing to do with what's going on now.

#159 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@youngjustice said:

I don't get Zimmmerman supporters, they ignore the fact that he ignored the police and because of this he was attacked, pretty certain that Trayvon wouldn't have attacked if he didn't feel like he was being harassed.

Zimmerman should have staying in his car, at least in retrospect. If it had turned out that the person he was following was a criminal and he'd stayed in his car and the criminal killed someone, where he could have prevented it, then we might be asking why he didnt do anything.

Martin also should have run away and call the police, not attack the guy following him.

They both made decisions that contributed to the event.

This case was gray, because both were at fault for the actions that exacerbated the incident.

Also Zimmerman is not exactly "white" he's clearly tan and he has a hispanic background. =_= But people desperately want this to be a black vs white race case. Also NBC clearly altered the 911 call to portray zimmerman as a racist when he didn't even say Trayvon was black at first till the operator asked for a description even then he didn't jump to black. He simply thought the kid was a "thug" because of his demeanor and he was paranoid.

Zimmerman clearly suffers from paranoia and a hero complex thus portraying him as a cold blooded racist killer is not accurate. If the right charges were applied and the media didn't miss represent this incident then things would have ended with zimmerman in jail for probably 10 years plus probation and community service.

Also there was minimal evidence that could be used unlike the OJ trial or Casey Anthony which both had INSANE evidence deemed circumstantial.

P.S. why did they only show young pics of trayvon?(politics) They also depicted him as a freakin saint =_= Sorry he was a teen with thc in his system, no sainthood there. If we use logic not emotion and just dealt with the facts and the truth this would have been resolved properly.

#160 Posted by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

Remember when I said that half of florida might be torn up by riots? Well.....

"Arghhhh!!! A trial happened in a state I dont even live in, I wasnt on the jury nor do I know all the facts, but I watched it on TV non-stop and I have strong opinions! Now a guy was found not guilty... and I'm so furious... I'm going to go burn and destroy some stuff!! Justice must be served!"

<sigh>

Dude, not a good time for sarcasm. The fact is: the Trayvon Martin case was a gauge for racial equality in this country.Whether anyone wants to admit it or not; if Trayvon killed George Zimmerman he would be found guilty! People can deny it, but "we" know the truth. The fact that Zimmerman was found "not guilty" puts a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths including mine. The fact is that a lot of news outlets have been preaching about a "post racial" America, but this reeks of inequality. The fact that as soon as this made national news people started dragging Trayvon Martin's name through the mud and tried to paint him as some sort of 'gangsta' was wrong. Michelle Malkin made it her personal crusade to make this 17 year old into Tony Montana. Faux News slandered the kid, the DEAD kid for months. A lot of people are very sensitive to this issue.

#161 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15:

As I suspected. I had seen coverage of some peaceful marches and thought some may have been undermined or had turned Violent. No news is good news then.

#162 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with the people who actually live in Florida for news about there being riots or not. I think the media outlets are wanting riots to happen (honestly, it sounds cynical but it's a business) plus I can't imagine the possibility of a black out -- the media is not so responsible as to do that nor is the government capable of imposing one in this day and age of social media.

Seriously -- I don't understand.

#163 Posted by cameron83 (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

real quick id like to apologize to anybody who I might have offended with my earlier comments. I was emotionally charged and upset. I mean for goodness sakes my mother was crying about this. but ill just say this. we're all pink on the inside. and when you look at two humans instead of a black guy and a white guy. you just feel sorry for the loss of life. a life that could have been great. and you feel sorry for the guy who brought a lot of hate his way that all could have been avoided had he just stayed at home that night. ya know? anything bad ever happened in your life and you thought "damn if I just called off today" so in light of all that I think we should move on. and in the future see people. not colors.

Apology accepted.Even though I wasn't offended,I knew that you were REALLY emotionally charged and I can see why.

@cameron83 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@black_claw said:

Remember when I said that half of florida might be torn up by riots? Well.....

Things like this make me hate being black sometimes! -__-

Um....

1. I don't think everyone there is black. Even so,it doesn't necessarily mean that all black people are like this and only black people do this.

While I find it ridiculous and primal what these idiots are doing,I don't think them being black has anything to do with it....

I didn't say that everyone down there is black, but I bet that most of the people down there were. I definitely believe that race is an issue with this riot, if that isn't the case then why are they rioting in the first place?

So why do you hate being black sometimes.

Also,most of the people there?

Even if that was so,what would it matter?

#164 Posted by nick_hero22 (6753 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

Isn't there a fire in the background?

#165 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

What are your opinions on this?

I thought he was gonna get "not guilty" until they added the manslaughter but still even then NOPE. I think it's Bull$#!% that the Jury had questions about Manslaughter and the Judge was like we cannot deliberate on Manslaughter if you have one question state it now. Straight UP BULL.

Is this the verdict you expected?

Yes until they added the Manslaughter charge I was like... maybe man... maybe

Do you think there will be riots?

NO!

( + )

#166 Edited by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

d

@nick_hero22 said:

@turoksonofstone said:

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

Isn't there a fire in the background?

What does that mean? Have you seen Franklin St. after a big Carolina win? That's a riot! This looks like a protest to me. I'll let you guys compare and tell me which is a riot.

#167 Edited by mikethekiller (8333 posts) - - Show Bio

@surkit said:

@willpayton said:

@black_claw said:

Remember when I said that half of florida might be torn up by riots? Well.....

"Arghhhh!!! A trial happened in a state I dont even live in, I wasnt on the jury nor do I know all the facts, but I watched it on TV non-stop and I have strong opinions! Now a guy was found not guilty... and I'm so furious... I'm going to go burn and destroy some stuff!! Justice must be served!"

<sigh>

comments from the video above

Jesse Ogden 2 minutes ago

This is Vancouver. It's the 2011 Riots (you know, the one where all the white hockey fans rioted because their team lost). There's a dead giveaway when the guy talking mentions the War Measures Act. Look it up. It's a Canadian law, not an American law.

DesolatedHermit 2 minutes ago

this is in Vancouver CANADA from 2011, has nothing to do with what's going on now.

Had a feeling it was fake.

#168 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember when I said that half of florida might be torn up by riots? Well.....

For crying out loud -- that's my hometown. I not only recognize it but the commentator is mentioning streets that criss cross downtown Vancouver. (Still -- what a shameful night and not all of them were "white" - like another poster earlier mentioned.)

#169 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

Media Blackouts are not only possible they happen everyday sadly. Look harder listen closer and you will see.

#170 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone said:

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

Isn't there a fire in the background?

The video isn't about Trayvon Martin. It's in Canada from 2011 over a hockey game.

#171 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

Dude, not a good time for sarcasm. The fact is: the Trayvon Martin case was a gauge for racial equality in this country.Whether anyone wants to admit it or not; if Trayvon killed George Zimmerman he would be found guilty! People can deny it, but "we" know the truth. The fact that Zimmerman was found "not guilty" puts a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths including mine. The fact is that a lot of news outlets have been preaching about a "post racial" America, but this reeks of inequality. The fact that as soon as this made national news people started dragging Trayvon Martin's name through the mud and tried to paint him as some sort of 'gangsta' was wrong. Michelle Malkin made it her personal crusade to make this 17 year old into Tony Montana. Faux News slandered the kid, the DEAD kid for months. A lot of people are very sensitive to this issue.

Why do you just assume that Trayvon wold have been guilty due to his skin color? That sort of thinking just increases racial tension. I would question why this had made the national news in this first place, as from the start there was zero evidence to show that anything other than what George Zimmerman said happened, and as more came out that was only strengthened. The police had concluded that it was self defense, the FBI did a year long investigation that showed Zimmerman was not racist (like he was being portrayed as), the first judge was dismissed for being prejudiced against him. As for dragging Trayvon's name through the mud, he obviously had some skeletons in his closet, he was not the saint the media made him out to be. He did and sold drugs. Either way, this did not come out during the trial iirc, neither side wanted to use information that was not relevant to the case. Like someone else posted, why did the news show pictures of him when he was 11? MSNBC was just as bad doing the exact opposite.

#172 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

Media Blackouts are not only possible they happen everyday sadly. Look harder listen closer and you will see.

True -- but too much money is to be had by all the networks -- I am sure there are tonnes of reporters set up around major cities (especially in Florida) in anticipation of some kind of noise. Plus, what I really meant to say is that social media would make blackouts impossible within the country. Unless those sites were shut down as well.

#173 Posted by tensor (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Zimmerman know he was guilty

#174 Posted by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@night_thrasher said:

Dude, not a good time for sarcasm. The fact is: the Trayvon Martin case was a gauge for racial equality in this country.Whether anyone wants to admit it or not; if Trayvon killed George Zimmerman he would be found guilty! People can deny it, but "we" know the truth. The fact that Zimmerman was found "not guilty" puts a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths including mine. The fact is that a lot of news outlets have been preaching about a "post racial" America, but this reeks of inequality. The fact that as soon as this made national news people started dragging Trayvon Martin's name through the mud and tried to paint him as some sort of 'gangsta' was wrong. Michelle Malkin made it her personal crusade to make this 17 year old into Tony Montana. Faux News slandered the kid, the DEAD kid for months. A lot of people are very sensitive to this issue.

Why do you just assume that Trayvon wold have been guilty due to his skin color? That sort of thinking just increases racial tension. I would question why this had made the national news in this first place, as from the start there was zero evidence to show that anything other than what George Zimmerman said happened, and as more came out that was only strengthened. The police had concluded that it was self defense, the FBI did a year long investigation that showed Zimmerman was not racist (like he was being portrayed as), the first judge was dismissed for being prejudiced against him. As for dragging Trayvon's name through the mud, he obviously had some skeletons in his closet, he was not the saint the media made him out to be. He did and sold drugs. Either way, this did not come out during the trial iirc, neither side wanted to use information that was not relevant to the case. Like someone else posted, why did the news show pictures of him when he was 11? MSNBC was just as bad doing the exact opposite.

Because I live it every damn day. Sorry to tell you; there is a bias in this country that does not favor black and brown people. I never said Zimmerman was racist. But his initial judgement of Trayvon was based on race. He called him a punk and a @$$hole before even meeting him. He saw a black kid, assumed his guilt, and acted. It's easier for a jury to believe that a black kid kicked the crap outta a 28 year old white man than it is the other way around. I don't want it to be about race, but the fact is that race played a part in it. If he did sell drugs, what does that have to do with this case? Was he shot in a drug dispute? Is every drug dealer a bad person? I have plenty of friends who sell/sold drugs. I've sold drugs. Doesn't mean you should kill me does it?

#175 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

Yes I'm sure the Media and..others would have loved riots. Thank God no one is giving them the satisfaction. Social Media was recently turned off in Syria for example. Somebody somewhere just flips a switch and boom not a tweet or a post.

#176 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11836 posts) - - Show Bio

Quoted it once; quote it again

"Pull da trigga; kill a nigga; he's a hero"

-Tupac

THIS!!! You get a follow....

#177 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

Its called innocent until proven guilty without doubt. They couldn't prove him guilty so hes let go, plain and simple. That is how the Florida and American justice system works.

#178 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ensabahnurx: exactly, its like you said bud. The lamestream media tried portray the kid as a saint which he was far from.

Im not surprised.

#179 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, apparently shooting an unarmed teenager is now legal in Florida.

#180 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11836 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope someone gets paid good money for that bounty on Zimmerman's head

#181 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

Because I live it every damn day. Sorry to tell you; there is a bias in this country that does not favor black and brown people. I never said Zimmerman was racist. But his initial judgement of Trayvon was based on race. He called him a punk and a @$$hole before even meeting him. He saw a black kid, assumed his guilt, and acted. It's easier for a jury to believe that a black kid kicked the crap outta a 28 year old white man than it is the other way around. I don't want it to be about race, but the fact is that race played a part in it. If he did sell drugs, what does that have to do with this case? Was he shot in a drug dispute? Is every drug dealer a bad person? I have plenty of friends who sell/sold drugs. I've sold drugs. Doesn't mean you should kill me does it?

I'm not going to pretend what it is like to be a Black person or "Brown", but isn't Zimmerman a "Brown" person? How was his initial judgement based on his race? He saw a shady character and followed him, no law against that, no matter what your skin color is. I think it was easier for a jury to see the lack of evidence against Zimerman's side of things (as the police did from the very start) and simply obeyed the law. It's innocent until proven guilty, blame the prosecutor if you want, he's the one who let this get out of control. I never said it had anything to do with the case, I even said it was irrelevant, but it does go to his character. You were upset that people were dragging him through the mud, when they simply told the truth. As I'm sure you are aware, selling drugs is not something to be envied, not looked upon as anything other than a crime. I don't get your last question, Trayvon was not shot over drugs, he was shot because he was bashing another persons head into concrete and might have killed him. I don't really believe any of us would allow that to happen.

#182 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@turoksonofstone:

That's terrifying. You're right. It's not impossible.

I for one am very grateful for there being no riots. Enough tragedy all around as it is.

#183 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

Huh, apparently shooting an unarmed teenager is now legal in Florida.

If someone was bashing your head against the concrete road, would you just lay there and take it? And since your comment is simple, I would like you to just answer yes or no if you don't mind.

@ancient_0f_days said:

I hope someone gets paid good money for that bounty on Zimmerman's head

Why don't you do it, tough guy?

#184 Edited by nick_hero22 (6753 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@turoksonofstone said:

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

Isn't there a fire in the background?

The video isn't about Trayvon Martin. It's in Canada from 2011 over a hockey game.

So we were manipulating into thinking this was over Trayvon Martin. 0_0

Someone get me my pitchfork, I getting ready to raise some hell!

#185 Posted by cameron83 (6748 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@turoksonofstone said:

@nick_hero22:

Are they rioting? This appears to be the only 'riot' video could just be these are solidarity marches as shown on the MSM.

Isn't there a fire in the background?

The video isn't about Trayvon Martin. It's in Canada from 2011 over a hockey game.

So we were manipulating into thinking this was over Trayvon Martin. 0_0

Someone get me my pitchfork, I getting ready to raise some hell!

#186 Posted by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@night_thrasher said:

Because I live it every damn day. Sorry to tell you; there is a bias in this country that does not favor black and brown people. I never said Zimmerman was racist. But his initial judgement of Trayvon was based on race. He called him a punk and a @$$hole before even meeting him. He saw a black kid, assumed his guilt, and acted. It's easier for a jury to believe that a black kid kicked the crap outta a 28 year old white man than it is the other way around. I don't want it to be about race, but the fact is that race played a part in it. If he did sell drugs, what does that have to do with this case? Was he shot in a drug dispute? Is every drug dealer a bad person? I have plenty of friends who sell/sold drugs. I've sold drugs. Doesn't mean you should kill me does it?

I'm not going to pretend what it is like to be a Black person or "Brown", but isn't Zimmerman a "Brown" person? How was his initial judgement based on his race? He saw a shady character and followed him, no law against that, no matter what your skin color is. I think it was easier for a jury to see the lack of evidence against Zimerman's side of things (as the police did from the very start) and simply obeyed the law. It's innocent until proven guilty, blame the prosecutor if you want, he's the one who let this get out of control. I never said it had anything to do with the case, I even said it was irrelevant, but it does go to his character. You were upset that people were dragging him through the mud, when they simply told the truth. As I'm sure you are aware, selling drugs is not something to be envied, not looked upon as anything other than a crime. I don't get your last question, Trayvon was not shot over drugs, he was shot because he was bashing another persons head into concrete and might have killed him. I don't really believe any of us would allow that to happen.

And what of Zimmerman's character? You said nothing of that? Does he have any arrests? Anything questionable in his background? You brought up him selling drugs as if that defines him. As if selling drugs makes you a bad person. It's a bad decision but definitely not a clear reason to label someone as bad. It has nothing to do with the case is my point. You brought it up as if that makes it justifiable.

I already know the answer to the question

#187 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: I was kind of joking with that statement, so no need to be an a##.

On topic, this is the outcome I expected, though not the one I agree with. The prosecution did a s##t job, the guy killed a kid he was following when the police told him to stay put. He got out of his car with a bullet in the chamber and the safety off.

#189 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

And what of Zimmerman's character? You said nothing of that? Does he have any arrests? Anything questionable in his background? You brought up him selling drugs as if that defines him. As if selling drugs makes you a bad person. It's a bad decision but definitely not a clear reason to label someone as bad. It has nothing to do with the case is my point. You brought it up as if that makes it justifiable.

What's to say? You tell me. I'm sorry, but in my opinion being a drug dealer does make you a bad person. It's a crime and very foolish thing to do. It's interesting that you say that when I posted it in reply to you believing that news outlets were dragging him through the mud. What was untrue? The information was not used in the case by either side but to claim he was being unfairly in the media simply isn't true.

#190 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: I don't understand your comment. Unless I missed sarcasm in your post, you're endorsing vigilantism when the law was carried out. One murder was wrong but another is okay?

@vortex13 said:

@xanni15: I was kind of joking with that statement, so no need to be an a##.

There's plenty of reasons to insult my state, this is not one of them.

#191 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel pissed off and really just confused about this country and the injustice system we are supposed to trust. i think that its messed up he got away with murder i think he should have went to jail for killing the kid.

#192 Posted by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@night_thrasher said:

And what of Zimmerman's character? You said nothing of that? Does he have any arrests? Anything questionable in his background? You brought up him selling drugs as if that defines him. As if selling drugs makes you a bad person. It's a bad decision but definitely not a clear reason to label someone as bad. It has nothing to do with the case is my point. You brought it up as if that makes it justifiable.

What's to say? You tell me. I'm sorry, but in my opinion being a drug dealer does make you a bad person. It's a crime and very foolish thing to do. It's interesting that you say that when I posted it in reply to you believing that news outlets were dragging him through the mud. What was untrue? The information was not used in the case by either side but to claim he was being unfairly in the media simply isn't true.

The point is: Trayvon had skeletons in his closet. Zimmerman had skeletons in his. Trayvon allegedly sold drugs. Zimmerman beat his wife and fought a police officer over a traffic violation. You spoke of character. To me one of these things is more relevant than the other. As for being a drug dealer and a bad person. You just called me a bad person. Jay-Z is a bad person. Judge Joe Mathis is a bad person. Numerous other people you don't know are bad people. Are there bad people who sell/sold drugs? Yes. Is every person who sells drugs a bad person? No. If you go into a courtroom and listen for a while you'd see even the prosecution will admit that selling drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just like going to church every Sunday and praying everyday makes you a good person. What's in your soul is something deeper than that.

#193 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not bout to say this intelligently, I'm going to say what I honestly think might happen, but hope don't.

N***as finna wild out

#194 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15: I wasn't trying to insult your state I was just joking.*Sigh*, People take things to seriously sometimes. A heads up about me, I will joke about pretty much anything and everything. Not to say that I am not serious on occasion. But I prefer to be able to look at everything in a humorous light, I can discuss things seriously or I can make a mockery of them. The latter is more fun, and it seems the court system of Sanford Florida would agree.

#196 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

The point is: Trayvon had skeletons in his closet. Zimmerman had skeletons in his. Trayvon allegedly sold drugs. Zimmerman beat his wife and fought a police officer over a traffic violation. You spoke of character. To me one of these things is more relevant than the other. As for being a drug dealer and a bad person. You just called me a bad person. Jay-Z is a bad person. Judge Joe Mathis is a bad person. Numerous other people you don't know are bad people. Are there bad people who sell/sold drugs? Yes. Is every person who sells drugs a bad person? No. If you go into a courtroom and listen for a while you'd see even the prosecution will admit that selling drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just like going to church every Sunday and praying everyday makes you a good person. What's in your soul is something deeper than that.

Did I ever make a claim that Zimmerman was being dragged through the mud? The one comment I made related to that was him being labeled a racist, which was shown to be incorrect (and yet news outlets continued to run that doctored phone call) . Based upon the facts of the case, there was no way Zimmerman would be found guilty. Listen, it wasn't meant as a personal insult, if you took it that way I do apologize. You asked me a question and I answered, I think drug dealers are bad people. None of those people you listed are still dealing drugs, are they? So then technically they moved on from that sort of life and bettered themselves, obviously Judge Joe and Jay-Z did. Selling drugs is against the law, no matter if you have good intentions you're still doing something which harms a lot of people, and in the most serve cases kills them. Again, it's not an insult towards you but drug dealers are some of my most disliked individuals.

#197 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11836 posts) - - Show Bio

#198 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13: It's okay, sir. I'm not being a jerk or ass, but someone died and I made a comment which (and with all due respect) wasn't nearly as intensive as yours could be seen as, yet there's not a single comment. Go figure. I caught the joke that time. lol

#199 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@night_thrasher said:

And what of Zimmerman's character? You said nothing of that? Does he have any arrests? Anything questionable in his background? You brought up him selling drugs as if that defines him. As if selling drugs makes you a bad person. It's a bad decision but definitely not a clear reason to label someone as bad. It has nothing to do with the case is my point. You brought it up as if that makes it justifiable.

What's to say? You tell me. I'm sorry, but in my opinion being a drug dealer does make you a bad person. It's a crime and very foolish thing to do. It's interesting that you say that when I posted it in reply to you believing that news outlets were dragging him through the mud. What was untrue? The information was not used in the case by either side but to claim he was being unfairly in the media simply isn't true.

The point is: Trayvon had skeletons in his closet. Zimmerman had skeletons in his. Trayvon allegedly sold drugs. Zimmerman beat his wife and fought a police officer over a traffic violation. You spoke of character. To me one of these things is more relevant than the other. As for being a drug dealer and a bad person. You just called me a bad person. Jay-Z is a bad person. Judge Joe Mathis is a bad person. Numerous other people you don't know are bad people. Are there bad people who sell/sold drugs? Yes. Is every person who sells drugs a bad person? No. If you go into a courtroom and listen for a while you'd see even the prosecution will admit that selling drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just like going to church every Sunday and praying everyday makes you a good person. What's in your soul is something deeper than that.

I don't sell drugs or go to church every... ever. And I think I'm a good person. I mean yeah I've killed a couple teenagers, but they were wearing hoodies so I'm totally justified in it.

#200 Edited by Night Thrasher (3606 posts) - - Show Bio

@xanni15 said:

@night_thrasher said:

The point is: Trayvon had skeletons in his closet. Zimmerman had skeletons in his. Trayvon allegedly sold drugs. Zimmerman beat his wife and fought a police officer over a traffic violation. You spoke of character. To me one of these things is more relevant than the other. As for being a drug dealer and a bad person. You just called me a bad person. Jay-Z is a bad person. Judge Joe Mathis is a bad person. Numerous other people you don't know are bad people. Are there bad people who sell/sold drugs? Yes. Is every person who sells drugs a bad person? No. If you go into a courtroom and listen for a while you'd see even the prosecution will admit that selling drugs doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just like going to church every Sunday and praying everyday makes you a good person. What's in your soul is something deeper than that.

Did I ever make a claim that Zimmerman was being dragged through the mud? The one comment I made related to that was him being labeled a racist, which was shown to be incorrect (and yet news outlets continued to run that doctored phone call) . Based upon the facts of the case, there was no way Zimmerman would be found guilty. Listen, it wasn't meant as a personal insult, if you took it that way I do apologize. You asked me a question and I answered, I think drug dealers are bad people. None of those people you listed are still dealing drugs, are they? So then technically they moved on from that sort of life and bettered themselves, obviously Judge Joe and Jay-Z did. Selling drugs is against the law, no matter if you have good intentions you're still doing something which harms a lot of people, and in the most serve cases kills them. Again, it's not an insult towards you but drug dealers are some of my most disliked individuals.

Drug dealer is just a title. The person should be determinate based upon his/her individual actions. That in itself is profiling. The same thing Zimmerman did. The Zimmerman dirt was less publicized than the Trayvon dirt. I never labeled him a racist. The media outlets I listen to and watch never labeled him a racist. What has been said and what can be proven is that race played a part and Zimmerman profiled Trayvon based on his race. I, unlike some people, understand the difference between racism and discrimination. The way you make it sound is as if your saying that Trayvon "got what he deserved".